Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Shiny Egg Odds w/ 2 Shiny Parents

TigerAlfieri

Question

So I’m currently trying to breed a team full of shinies, and I understand that the shiny odds go up tremendously if the breeder parents are both shiny, but I haven’t been able to find the exact numerical odds. Does anyone know? Thanks! (Looking for a format of something like 1/100) obviously it’s not that high but just wondering if anyone knows!

9 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, TigerAlfieri said:

So I’m currently trying to breed a team full of shinies, and I understand that the shiny odds go up tremendously if the breeder parents are both shiny, but I haven’t been able to find the exact numerical odds. Does anyone know? Thanks! (Looking for a format of something like 1/100) obviously it’s not that high but just wondering if anyone knows!

at least in Reborn, the shininess of the parents doesn't impact the odds of getting a shiny egg. Reborn already has a rather high shiny rate ~1/100, which is increased to ~1/33 when you breed with a shiny charm on you.

• Like 1

Just now, Candy said:

at least in Reborn, the shininess of the parents doesn't impact the odds of getting a shiny egg. Reborn already has a rather high shiny rate ~1/100, which is increased to ~1/33 when you breed with a shiny charm on you.

Aside from being a popular rumor in Gen 2 (that may have been also 'rumored' in a semi-official strategy guide), it hasn't affected things in canon either (at least in the main games) that I remember

• Global Mods
45 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Aside from being a popular rumor in Gen 2 (that may have been also 'rumored' in a semi-official strategy guide), it hasn't affected things in canon either (at least in the main games) that I remember

It's not really a rumour, as Shininess in G/S/C was determined by IV's, which are partially passed on by breeding. 

Other than that though, Shininess is unaffected by the shininess of the parents, both in canon games and Reborn.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

It's not really a rumour, as Shininess in G/S/C was determined by IV's, which are partially passed on by breeding. 

Other than that though, Shininess is unaffected by the shininess of the parents, both in canon games and Reborn.

Although I knew about IV's determining shiny-ness in Gen 2 (from watching too many Pokemon lists on Youtube), I never put together that it would make that possibly affect it back then.  Thank you!  Now I have to apologize to my old strategy guide for dissing it

hey I might be late but a way to increase the shiny rate while breeding is like this 

I read it on some site that using a mon from a different trainer increases your chances of getting a shiny soo according to that site here is how the mechanism works:-

The highest chances to get a shiny is to breed mons from 2 different trainer ids in your game > your mon and another trainer's mon > breeding only your mons in your game 

It's called the Masuda method. But this thing involves breeding mons with trainers playing a game in another language.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method

I tried it while breeding charizards of 2 different ids and he chances of getting shiny doubled for me. from  1 to 2 shinies in a box full of eggs

the link says the ids should belong to games having different language but I dont  know if it was just luck or if it happened

On 6/6/2019 at 10:31 PM, seki108 said:

Although I knew about IV's determining shiny-ness in Gen 2 (from watching too many Pokemon lists on Youtube), I never put together that it would make that possibly affect it back then.  Thank you!  Now I have to apologize to my old strategy guide for dissing it

soo do Ivs still affect the shininess of the pokemon? I am confused 😛

if they do do you have a list by any chance or a guide link?

13 minutes ago, MegaRekhytX said:

soo do Ivs still affect the shininess of the pokemon? I am confused 😛

if they do do you have a list by any chance or a guide link?

What Dream and I were talking about was only how shinies were handled in their debut generation, Gen 2 (G/S/C) and the funny quirks/rumors surrounding.  It was just a off-topic thing because of how old rumors are funny in hindsight.    Shininess hasn't been determined by IVs since Gen 3 all those years ago and certainly doesn't apply to Reborn which uses USUM mechanics.  Just ignore what Dream and I were discussing since it's not used.

Reborn has an improved shiny rate compared to canon games (around 1/100) which can be further improved by the shiny charm.  The other methods that work in canon games aren't applied here, though that's moot considering how much better the rate is in general.

9 hours ago, seki108 said:

What Dream and I were talking about was only how shinies were handled in their debut generation, Gen 2 (G/S/C) and the funny quirks/rumors surrounding.  It was just a off-topic thing because of how old rumors are funny in hindsight.    Shininess hasn't been determined by IVs since Gen 3 all those years ago and certainly doesn't apply to Reborn which uses USUM mechanics.  Just ignore what Dream and I were discussing since it's not used.

Reborn has an improved shiny rate compared to canon games (around 1/100) which can be further improved by the shiny charm.  The other methods that work in canon games aren't applied here, though that's moot considering how much better the rate is in general.

Thanks I gues 1/33 Is an amazing rate for shinies anyway 😛