Copyright, Copyleft, CopyTHEFT

Ok so I've just been told that in this new trailer of Pokémon sword and shield

A rift gyarados has been ffin stolen from rejuv, I laughed not taking it seriously but guess what DAMN IS THAT NOT OUR LIL FRIEND RIFTGYARA, WITH THOSE CUTE PINKY CLOUDS.

First thought was of how a great lawsuit would it be for Jan to protect his ideas, but of course then Nintendo would just erase this whole community, so in the end just wanted to share this moment with you guys.

Peace ❤️

• Like 1

Ok but can we talk about how Insurgence basically pioneered using items instead of hm's and regional variants but then game freak suddenly came up with both of those genius and totally original ideas for gen 7? I wouldn't be surprised if there was some correlation here too lmao

...Please tell me this is a joke. I'll turn this around as it's saying you're suing a guy you robbed simply because he robbed you of something. Have fun explaining that to the police.

Pokemon Rejuv and Reborn ultimately are Nintendo owned property so they could snatch anything away from you and there's nothing you can do about it. That's just how copyright works more or less.

• Global Mods
54 minutes ago, Luck Repellent said:

Ok but can we talk about how Insurgence basically pioneered using items instead of hm's and regional variants but then game freak suddenly came up with both of those genius and totally original ideas for gen 7? I wouldn't be surprised if there was some correlation here too lmao

Except requiring HMs on your team members is something that people have vocalized annoyance with literally since gen 1, and ride pokemon is arguably quite a different solution than using tools to this problem. 

Also, Delta's were literally something Insurgence took from the TCG, and type-swaps is something fans have also been doing for years and years, since before Insurgence even started.  

With this, it's even more of a stretch to try and say this is the same thing, and we've seen giant pokemon way back in the early anime, and more recently, pokemon go raids (which is where the mechanic is actually coming from)

People are way too quick to point accusatory fingers.

• Upvote 1

Except it isn't really rift pokemon. 

Dynamax mons - Increases in size and amplifies certain stats pretty much

Rift Mons - Changes in appearance, typing, stats and abilities

In conclusion, Dynamax is not the same as rift mons. Also I'm pretty sure Dynamax is just a combo of Totem mons and the mons in Raid battles.

EDIT: As Game Freak also owns the intellectual (and other) rights to the pokemon series, they cannot be sued by someone who is creating ideas by using their assets. In fact, Jan would probably get laughed at then get a Cease and Desist order on Rejuv.

Ok guys I thought it was clear but it seems not so

I WAS IRONIC.

Just chill. The whole post was just meant to have a laugh all together, I know it's not even thinkable to sue Nintendo, as in the first place it's we who are stealing it's original property, so just calm down and have fun. 

That is not just a big Pokémon with a red aura, there's also the "rift dimension", the fact you're getting there in groups and the choice of the Pokémon which alltogether make for a great similarity. That said, as crossimpact stated, let's hope they get inspired by rejuv and reborn 😉

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CrossImpact said:

if they actually took inspiration from Reborn or Rejuvenation, maybe they'd end up making good games 😆

I second this! I don't know if I have been too involved in Rejuv/Reborn, but let's just say Pokemon games now days have been.....choices.

imo
the thing is
dynamax seems to equal z-moves, just that you can use 'em for 3 turns
making the ball and models bigger and having some flashy light is a mere eye candy to sell it as amazing cuz "WOOOW SO BIGGUUU DESUUU"

idk. where the creativity at
it's like they are desperately searching for fresh things, but so far they have squeezed all of them so hard into the existing boundaries that it's just really not impressive
and I also can't imagine they are not aware
so I wonder what keeps these creative minds on such a narrow track.

• Upvote 2

Same as you. Plus, unless Dynamax is not as overpowered as it seems, I feel like it would ruin most of the battles by making the game too easy and by slowing down battles even more. I already have doubts but I hope this new mechanic will convince me later.

And concerning GF's creativity, there was little room for hope considering what's they have been making so far through these two decades. The story hasn't changed. The gameplay hasn't changed that much. Every single Gen has consisted of graphics enhancement and an addition of new pokemons. I will enjoy those of course, there is real work behind these new creatures and the universe in general but I can't stop thinking that I will play the same game over again.

8-years old me would have loved it. And maybe that's what keep them in this choice of aiming for childrens. They want to keep it simple and casual because they know it's going to sell. Even the ones who are not convinced will buy it eventually. They have no reason to invest time into more complex things.

7 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Except requiring HMs on your team members is something that people have vocalized annoyance with literally since gen 1, and ride pokemon is arguably quite a different solution than using tools to this problem. 

Also, Delta's were literally something Insurgence took from the TCG, and type-swaps is something fans have also been doing for years and years, since before Insurgence even started.  

With this, it's even more of a stretch to try and say this is the same thing, and we've seen giant pokemon way back in the early anime, and more recently, pokemon go raids (which is where the mechanic is actually coming from)

People are way too quick to point accusatory fingers.

Calm yourself. It's a joke. I don't think anyone on this earth truly believes that gamefreak stole ideas from fangames. I just figured I'd point out a funny correlation I found.

ngl my first thought when I saw the giant gyarados in the direct before they explained Dynamax was “oh shit it’s a dimensional rift gyarados.”

Obviously that isn’t actually the case lol