Pokemon Sword & Shield: What'll Your Team Be?

So thanks to the Pokemon direct, we have a total of 23 new Pokemon! So I thought why not list them here, see what your teams will be and just talk about them. I think it'd be fun. I'll be updating this list whenever new Pokemon are introduced to us.

Grookey

Scorbunny

Sobble

Gossifleur - Eldegoss

Wooloo

Corviknight

Drednaw

Yamper

Impidimp

Alcremie

Rolycoly

Duraludon

Morpeko

G.F. Weezing

G.F. Zigzagoon - G.F. Linoone - Obstagoon

Polteageist

Cramorant

Sirfetch'd

LEGENDARY POKEMON!

Zacian

Zamazenta

I know I'm double posting but I didn't want my team to be up there with the introduction of this. Anyways, I'm rocking out with Grookey and I'm like 90% sure I'm gonna have Drednaw as well. It's design is dope as hell and the name alone just sounds AWESOME! And the typing? I definitely expected it to be Rock Type but I didn't expect it to be Water/Rock Type. That caught me off guard a little bit. But that's awesome as fuck. Everything else looks pretty cool too but they didn't click with me. Legendaries look awesome as hell too but not enough that I want to have them on my team. But I do like them which is a serious step up.

E3 has come and gone and from that, we have gotten 2 new Pokemon added to the list. Yamper and Impidimp. Out of those 2, I am HEAVILY considering putting on Impidimp on my team. It looks weird. Acts weird. The name sounds weird? It just seems right up my ally. Plus, we FINALLY get a new dual typing we have never had before. Dark/Fairy. That can be officially crossed off the list now. So as of right now, my team consists of:

Grookey

Drednaw

Impidimp

I'm starting with Sobble, probably going to try for a female so I can trade babies for other starters/ version exclusives. My goal is to catch/use every new pokemon, and I'm planning to nickname them all after Iron Maiden songs. So far I've got Rainmaker for Sobble, Aces High for Corviknight, and either 11:58 PM (Two Minutes to Midnight) or DanceOfDeath for Impidimp. Maybe also Longest Day for Drednaw.

Edited by Urist_Imiknorris
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well with the new batch of Pokemon that have been announced in the trailer today, we can add them to this list now. And I have to say that all of them interest me. But the 1 Pokemon that I really liked seeing there was Galarian Form Weezing. If a lot of you don't know, Weezing is in my Top 6 Favorite Pokemon. It actually is like my 6th favorite so it just makes it. But with this new Pokemon and it's now dual typing of Poison/Fairy, I think it's moved up a notch. Ohh. And this bad boy is definitely making it into my team.

Mine is probably

1. Sobble

-Scorbunny is cool but it's also everyone's favorite. I really want to see what Sobble becomes.

2. Corviknight

-I loved Skarmory and this is cooler! Skarmory

3. Duraldulon

-steel. dragon.

4. G!Weezing

-i loved A!Muk, and I always get excited for faries that aren't just the standard "pink and cutesy" fare

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doombotmecha said:

Mine is probably

1. Sobble

-Scorbunny is cool but it's also everyone's favorite. I really want to see what Sobble becomes.

2. Corviknight

-I loved Skarmory and this is cooler! Skarmory

3. Duraldulon

-steel. dragon.

4. G!Weezing

-i loved A!Muk, and I always get excited for faries that aren't just the standard "pink and cutesy" fare

Nice team. Although I feel like almost everyone is gonna be using Corviknight and half the people are gonna be using Sobble. Lol.

• Like 1

Sobble, Elegloss, Corviknight, Impidimp, Rolycoly, and G.F. Weezing.

Sobble is my top starter choice, though Scorbunny might be good if they avoid the fighting type.

Elegloss looks good as an early grass type. It will likely get replaced early on though.

Corviknight is just plain awesome looking.

Impidimp has potential. I just hope it has an evolution.

Rolycoly might be the Geodude of gen 8, but still looks fun.

G.F. Weezing is funny.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

With the 2 new Pokemon announced today in the Nintendo Direct, Polteageist and Cramorant, we have now 22 Galarian Pokemon. Polteageist is pretty adorable. The typing is ok, the design is awesome. I just love it. Weak ability but it's whatever. Cramorant is kind of almost like the opposite of Polteageist. While the design and typing are ok, I LOVE its ability. Probably because it's so weird. But I really wanna know what Pokemon was inside of its mouth. 🤔 Also, I've been realizing that I'm REALLY liking these Pokemon and I think 4/6 of my team is already filled up and Idk about you but that just kind of seems fast doesn't it? So I'm probably gonna take off Drednaw and Impidimp from the team for now until I know all of the Pokemon. Grookey and G.F. Weezing are permanently on the team though.

I'm still a little weirded out that the Direct went to detail about the fact that polteageist is to let trusted people drink it, while simultaneously ignoring the Irish-themed alcremie completely. I would think semi-custom wedding cake would've been considered the bigger issue here, but i guess not.

Also, the one leak is still going strong. Get ready to occasionally chuck pikachus at the enemy, I guess?

30 minute later edit: I only just now realized that I technically posted in the wrong thread. So, uh, team update: I'm tempted to grab a blueberry muffin alcremie. 

Spoiler

EDp7hfDXUAEOJpb.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a little early to say but as of now, I have three sure mons that are on my team. The guys will be:

Sobble, Sirfetch’d (It’s perfect cause I’m getting Pokemon Sword) and Impidimp!

This might change lol but out of all the reveals, these three mons just went straight and stabbed me in the heart 💘

• Like 1