Rejuvenation V12 Relationship Guide

Myrrh

How to view relationship points:

Debug is required for you to view your current point totals for each character.

~ There seems to be a bug that occurs simply from having debug enabled where it can corrupt your game build when one soft resets or closes the game.

One way one may be able to bypass the problem mentioned above is by using Pokemon Essential's Game.exe with an edited Scripts.rxdata with debug enabled.

You can get it through RPG Maker, using my modified Scripts.rxdata, or by using Gemini to edit your Scripts.rxdata yourself.

RPG Maker:

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/rpg-maker-xp

~ This requires Pokemon Rejuvenation's PBS files.

Modified Scripts.rxdata:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ksTuj_iDjJOkmOcGjZOzdHwrEponJAeA

~ The only change that I have done to Scripts.rxdata is using Gemini myself to enable access to Debug.

~ It is updated to the latest version of the game.  (Version 12)

~ If you are using any mods that have made changes to Scripts.rxdata, then this will probably not be compatible for you and could potentially break your game.

Gemini:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/geminieditor/

Open Scripts.rxdata with Gemini.

Go to Pokemonload.

Find "class PokemonLoad".

Insert the line "$DEBUG = TRUE" above "@scene=scene".

Save your edits.

It should look something like this:

class PokemonLoad

def initialize (scene)

$DEBUG = TRUE

@scene=scene

end

Upon loading your save file open your menu and scroll down to the debug option available.

Debug > Variables > Scroll down to 376 or 476 to see the two relationship categories

Edited by Myrrh
  • Like 6

Thank you! This actually helped my dilemma! I was confused why Melia didn't trust me after all the good main character does for her! Seems that luttle "huh?" I found funny wasnt so funny for her xD hope we can somehow regain her trust later on.

lol at the "huh?" resetting Melia's points to -1 even though she seemed to instantly get it was a joke anyway. I know I selected that at some point but I guess I must have reset the game since I got the 3rd line anyway. Can't remember what I did for half these other ones except the mandatory battles since I definitely won all of them and completed all the side quests. Guess I'll just replay the game at some point if it turns out I missed too many and messed up the story.

Guess even the tiniest of jokes can rub people the wrong way. Probably because of the overlap process that this happened. xP Also thanks for making this! 

First, HOLY SHIT! THANK YOU! I WANTED TO KNOW THIS FOR SO LONG! And secondly,

Spoiler

So many people here think Melia thought that saying "Huh?" was a joke but like I think she actually believes you if you say that. I didn't say that myself. I said "Yeah!" but like I think she was trying to convince herself and all that you didn't just all of a sudden forget everything.

2 hours ago, ZappoNinja said:

First, HOLY SHIT! THANK YOU! I WANTED TO KNOW THIS FOR SO LONG! And secondly,

Hide contents

So many people here think Melia thought that saying "Huh?" was a joke but like I think she actually believes you if you say that. I didn't say that myself. I said "Yeah!" but like I think she was trying to convince herself and all that you didn't just all of a sudden forget everything.

Yeah same here actually and given everything the two went through, it actually wouldn’t surprise me if she turned on us or something because of that joke we made lol

In order to avoid any issues that I can't help assist with I have replaced the debug mod link with my own Scripts.rxdata.  Full details will be added to the post detailing on how to gain access to Debug.

Edited by Myrrh
  • Like 2

Well the Magma stone counts for karma points though I don't know what those are or what they do yet and Jan probably will make them have relationship points later when he progresses further into the game so he can balance it better.

Upon looking at the entire guide, it is fascinating that I thought that I got nearly everything in my second save run, but still found things that I didn’t get an opportunity to do. Things like Narcissa dialogue in Chapter 1, or walking with Growlithe and Aelita...I didn’t know that. Still, I recalling picking the most positive and/or thoughtful choices (as well as defeating battles first try and not lose once, wonder if soft resetting when you’re about to lose undoes the action taken) to rack up as much points as possible for each character. Unlike Reborn, there isn’t an action that conflicts with other characters (like benefitting one character while hindering the other. I.e. telling Amaris about the Diary or keep quiet), though that may subject to change in future versions that might screw me over.

The only puzzling thing is wondering how friends prioritize family in one of Vivian’s question. I feel like it should be the other way around. +2 of you choose family and +1 if you choose friends, but it is what it is.

To Aelita friends and family are both important. But friends are more important than family to her as considering Keta was technically her only family she knew although she did care about him he didn't leave the best impression considering the whole leaving the village to rot for a year. She doesn't blame you if you think family is important, she understands that that's what you think, but to her her friends are everything.

• Upvote 1

While @ZappoNinja was kind enough to answer all the questions that came up, I think I'll elaborate or add what I think as well.

On 6/8/2019 at 1:01 AM, enderowl said:

Just wondering. How does defeating the Dimensional Rift Gardevoir gives you +3 relationship points with Venam? 

As was stated by Zappo, this is likely due to Venam learning later on about the events that took place.  There is already a similar case with this when one saves Amber and Venam isn't required to be around and will gain a point regardless at that specific point and not when you'd tell her on the Valor Cliffside.

On 6/9/2019 at 1:37 PM, Nexen57 said:

Why do the most important choices not give you relationship points ? ex Magma Stone , revealing Flora's true identity , Melia's choice in dark future

A lot of important choices usually reward you in another way.  As Zappo stated, the Magma Stone rewards you with Karma if you chose to not give it up, Flora's identity rewards you with branching, and Melia's choice is a choice Melia makes, can get you a bad ending, and the best answer of not doing anything prevents anyone from having to die.  Other correct answers usually reward you with Karma rather than giving focus to relationship points.

This question did actually remind me of one instance I forgot to include in my guide and I'll be adding it in after posting this.

Spoiler

If you had chosen to go through Darchlight Cave with Florin, exposed Flora when given the chance, and had tried to tell Cassandra when given the chance: (Erin -2)

On 6/10/2019 at 11:50 PM, Vince&Sylveon said:

The only puzzling thing is wondering how friends prioritize family in one of Vivian’s question. I feel like it should be the other way around. +2 of you choose family and +1 if you choose friends, but it is what it is.

This is because picking friends shows Aelita how much you value her, whereas picking family just has you valuing something similar to her.

Spoiler

Remember that Aelita essentially is Vivian so she ends up remembering your answer to this.

Edited by Myrrh

Ah yeah, btw, I remember there being another relationship point one could get, I remember you get it sometime after entering Grand Dream City and sometime before travelling back in time with Melia, Aelita, and Erin. It was with Damien and when he asks if you've seen a woman named Alexandra. If you say "Uh... yes" you get a relationship point but if you say "No" you lose a relationship point. At first I thought it was just taken out but then the game kind of glitched and I encountered him after already seeing him with Alexandra where he proceeded to ask me if I had seen her.

1 hour ago, ZappoNinja said:

Ah yeah, btw, I remember there being another relationship point one could get, I remember you get it sometime after entering Grand Dream City and sometime before travelling back in time with Melia, Aelita, and Erin. It was with Damien and when he asks if you've seen a woman named Alexandra. If you say "Uh... yes" you get a relationship point but if you say "No" you lose a relationship point. At first I thought it was just taken out but then the game kind of glitched and I encountered him after already seeing him with Alexandra where he proceeded to ask me if I had seen her.

Thanks for letting me know about this.  Could you tell me the exact location for this scene?  I just want to double check it.

The location of the scene happens in Grand Dream City in the Residential District when going through the gate in the top left leading to the Dream District. 

Like it happens right before entering the gate in the Residential District I mean.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZappoNinja said:

The location of the scene happens in Grand Dream City in the Residential District when going through the gate in the top left leading to the Dream District. 

Like it happens right before entering the gate in the Residential District I mean.

Thank you, I'll make sure to also credit you for this as I entirely missed this scene myself.

4 minutes ago, ZappoNinja said:

No problem, I just randomly remembered "Wait, wasn't that a thing" and lo and behold it was.

I think Jan may have forgot about it himself as you can just trigger it whenever.  Contrary to the optional battle with Ren in the Gearen City library where there is a cutoff from being able to do it.

Edited by Myrrh

1 minute ago, Myrrh said:

I think Jan may have forgot about it himself as you can just trigger it whenever.  Contrary to the optional battle with Ren in the Gearen City library where there is a cutoff from being able to do it.

Yeah, I think so too as considering I activated it after the Hospital event it doesn't make any sense why Damien would ask if I've seen her considering I was in the room while he talked about her.

Whenever I get through version 12 myself, I'll be sure to update this guide with all the new relationship point opportunities.  I'll also provide an updated Scripts.rxdata in the Debug section as well for people's convenience when that time comes.

Edited by Myrrh
  • Like 3