Validity of badges

DQL

So, early game, we had fake-out leaders Kiki and Corey, who died before giving us the badges we earned. later learning from Victoria that the badges are no longer valid since they are 'no longer gym leaders.'
in E18, 2 gym leaders 'die' in a sense

Spoiler

these 2 leaders being Luna and Samson/Ciel and their 'death' being caused by the same method as our death,falling into into a blackhole, in said blackhole  we meet Taka in there as well who dies by Tania's hand if we chose not to fight him back in the water treatment center and Cain and Gardevoir who also got sucked into it, talking to us as if we were face to face in the real world unlike those past events we see.

but we got their badges way before their deaths. would that invalidate their badges as well if those 2 are still gone by the time we reach the eleite battles? 

14 minutes ago, TeamNingo said:

So, early game, we had fake-out leaders Kiki and Corey, who died before giving us the badges we earned. later learning from Victoria that the badges are no longer valid since they are 'no longer gym leaders.'
in E18, 2 gym leaders 'die' in a sense

Reveal hidden contents

because what with us falling into a blackhole, we meet Taka in there as well who dies by Tania's hand if we chose not to fight him back in the water treatment center and Cain and Gardevoir who also got sucked into it.

but we got their badges way before their deaths. would that invalidate their badges as well if those 2 are still gone by the time we reach the eleite battles? 

No, badges are only invalidated if the gym leader passed away before the badge was physically given to the MC. Corey and Kiki died after battling us but before they gave us their badges, any other leader who passed away after we got their badges will have to be replaced but we still have valid badges.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure you don't have to put episode 18 events in spoiler tags at this point. In any case I don't see why you'd think they're dead especially in Luna's. She pretty much walked into the black hole on her own and guided you out. At worst she's probably trapped in there and I imagine there will be some way to save her and the others. So the badges are fine.

15 hours ago, Candy said:

No, badges are only invalidated if the gym leader passed away before the badge was physically given to the MC. Corey and Kiki died after battling us but before they gave us their badges, any other leader who passed away after we got their badges will have to be replaced but we still have valid badges.

This kinda contradicts that.

reborn%2025-the%20only%20thing%20that%20changed%20is%20i%20spent%20that%20telluric%20seed-025.jpg

Then you have T3RR4 who has disappeared (and no as in "just entered a portal/hole" but like "was disconnected from the net" like four episodes ago) and her badge still stands. I think it could be that the leaders would also register your win or something like that. Or else, everyone would start looting every dead leader for badges.

12 minutes ago, Youmu9 said:

This kinda contradicts that.

reborn%2025-the%20only%20thing%20that%20changed%20is%20i%20spent%20that%20telluric%20seed-025.jpg

we never got Kiki's badge, so this doesn't contradicts it. Had we received the badge from her, Victoria wouldn't say this.

Victoria tells us she would get the badge and machine from Kiki just before this line. I think it's safe to assume she meant the badge would be invalidated regardless of when we get it should the gymleader pass away.

• Veterans
57 minutes ago, Youmu9 said:

Victoria tells us she would get the badge and machine from Kiki just before this line. I think it's safe to assume she meant the badge would be invalidated regardless of when we get it should the gymleader pass away.

this works the way candy said. since you did not physically get the badge from kiki, it does not count.