(Reborn Redux): need help for the Shelly master fight

Conkeldurp

Hey guys,

I am on the verge of insanity. None of my tactics seem to work against Shelly in her master mode.

I tried with a team full of water types since the rain is on non stop for the fight, didnt work..

I tried to set the sun with Castform and used a team full of fire types, didnt work...

The main problem is that since i cant positively influence IV/EV stuff aswell as the 'mons nature at this point in the game, my team gets outsped by the opponents Pokémon, even though they would normally be slower by far. 

Does one of you have a hot tip how to tip the scale in my favor? 

Mode: no Items, no randomizer

thanks for your time!

Edited by Conkeldurp

I don't remeber exactly what was my strategy, but loading a old save and my team was:

- Castform with Hail, Blizzard and Icy Rock. I don't know way I decided to use snow instead of sun. Maybe I was hoping it would survive and hit both sides with perfect accuracy instead of single target not perfect Fire Blast?

- Haryama with Guts, Quick Claw, Fake Out and Knock Off. His main job was supporting Castform on turn so it could remove rain

- Manetric with Flame Burst. She was responsible for set the field on fire

- Pyroar and Braxien with Flamethrower

- Meowstic-M with Prankster Dual Screens, Light Clay and Fake Out. His job was buy time with Fake Out, set screens to help the fire types and probably was a bait for attacks being a Psychic pokemon on a bug gym. Maybe I swapped him with the Haryama when I was expecting a bug attack since Haryama resist it and it's very bulky.

I don't think Shelly has any rain setter on her team, so if you manage to set the field on fire it will probably stay that way. Be careful with the Z-Tailwind Scizor, if you managed to make it the burning field, try to fake out him to buy since he's very vulrenable against the field damage. If you didn't have a Fire starter, maybe you could use a flying type, but since it's a double battle her team must be full of pokemons with Rock Slide. If burning field add fire damage to Rock Slide Talonflame would be theoretically neutral against it, but I think at that point in the game Talonflame movepool must be garbage with access only to Peck and Flame Charge.

And about the EV stuff, at this point in the game you should already have acess to the 4th floor of the departament store. They sell the power items for the EV training there and the EV reducing berries are on the second floor. It won't solve the IV or nature problem but it can help. If you don't have the patience to grind EV, you could also install the Debug menu since it allows you to edit the pokemons EVs. 

• Like 1

I had a defiant primeape and competitive meowstic with dual screens.  Free stat boost every time she used struggle bug and masqurain has intemidate. Primeape cross chops one shot most her team. Meowstic become a power house and screens made her not die despite being weak to bug.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TripleHHH said:

- Meowstic-M with Prankster Dual Screens, Light Clay and Fake Out. His job was buy time with Fake Out, set screens to help the fire types and probably was a bait for attacks being a Psychic pokemon on a bug gym. Maybe I swapped him with the Haryama when I was expecting a bug attack since Haryama resist it and it's very bulky.

4 hours ago, Magus said:

I had a defiant primeape and competitive meowstic with dual screens.  Meowstic become a power house and screens made her not die despite being weak to bug.

Thanks guys, I'll definitely train up a Meowstic.