A pleasure to have discovered Reborn and these forums!

ssj4warrior

• Global Mods

Hello! 

I've been debating creating an account here for a few days now but here I am and excited to be posting. 

My name's Jon and Pokemon has been with me since its inception in the mid-90s and has influenced my life in so many positive ways. My excitement for Pokemon in recent years unfortunately hasn't been as high as I would like, but after seeing Detective Pikachu recently I was inspired to check out fan made games for the first time with Reborn being the one most recommended to me and boy. 

Which leads me to why I finally created an account here. I want to give massive thanks to Ame and the team for all the work you've put into Reborn over many years. I've never played a fan made game as gripping and well put together as this. The challenge of it all, the locations, baby THE MUSIC YESSSSS have made this first timer so happy over the last couple of weeks. I've been taking it slow with about 40-50 hours playtime and a measly 7 or 8 badges but I am loving every minute. Being able to recruit Pokemon through quests and not being able to face roll the whole game with the same 6 overlevelled 'mons are fantastic shake-ups of the classic Pokemon formula I'm used to and I love it. I feel like I've cheated some people with this game being totally free, what a steal! 

I'd love to gush more about how great this game is and I hope others enjoy it as much as I am right now. Huge thanks again to everyone that has put their time into this project. You have all done yourselves proud. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Global Mods
52 minutes ago, Candy said:

...now can join us in waiting for E19 :3

Ah yes... Part of me wanted to wait until all was said and done but I'm really glad I didn't. There's so much good stuff it would have been a waste to keep myself from it any longer!

If you like the game so far you might be interested in Pokémon Reborns fully functional online battle and trade system! Of course there is no GTS, which in my opinion is good, because GTS is the worst that ever happened to Pokémon. "Hey, i have a Budew! I want a Darkrai for it! Trade pls!"

• Global Mods

Y'know, I've never really been into the whole online trading and online battling aspect of Pokemon. I like to make my own way and I think I only used the GTS 2-3 times in the main games. Trade evos have always been a pet peeve, so thank you based Link Stones in Reborn. 

Heya, Jon. Welcome to the forums.

Pokemon Reborn is an amazing game, and I hope that you continue to enjoy the experience like I have.

23 hours ago, ssj4warrior said:

My name's Jon and Pokemon has been with me since its inception in the mid-90s and has influenced my life in so many positive ways.

So you've been playing Pokemon since before I was even born... I can't compete with that.

• Global Mods
5 hours ago, Auburn_Ember said:

So you've been playing Pokemon since before I was even born... I can't compete with that.

Hello friend! Yes, I'm afraid so haha. I've been around about 11 years longer so it's been a part of my life since a friend showed me Pokemon Blue in the playground at school. The best thing though is that it's never a competition. Doesn't matter if you've been a fan for 20 years or 20 days, enjoy it.