Need help on Taka and ZEL battle

Lunartone

I just downloaded the game yesterday and I am really hooked on it. Though I had trouble in previous areas, I was able to make a strategy that made me win.....until I entered the double battle at Beryl Ward with Taka and Zel. I think my main problem is the lack of pokemon I have to counter them but if there is any chance at a strategy working I kinda wanna know what I could do.

Current Team(I know there isn't a lot but haven't found any other mons I would use in my team yet) :

Combusken lv 29: Flame Charge,Ember,Double Kick,Peck

Roselia lv 29: Mega Drain.Giga Drain,Cut,Toxic Spikes

Meowstic-M lv 27: Disarming Voice,Psybeam,Psyshock,Covet

Pachirasu lv 26: Spark,Bide,Electro Ball,Swift

There's no way you can defeat them (Or continue to process throughout the game) without 6 Pokemons. You don't have to continue using just random Pokemons, but you will need them to progress. I suggest going to the slums and catch a Makuhita, and train it until it evolves. Change Covet to Charge Beam. You also SERIOUSLY need a Kricketune. Spamming Fury Cuttur is what I used to win easily in that battle. You can find Krickitot in one of the houses in Peridot Ward. 

Adding more mons to the team is always a good idea when you're struggling, but I disagree that it's not possible with what you have.

I just tested this team out on debug and beat the battle first try.

Lead with Combusken and Roselia, got two layers of Toxic Spikes up right away. Defeated ZEL's team first - Combusken dealt with Glaceon, wanted to be careful and switched it out for Meowstic when Espeon was on the field and only brought it back in once Umbreon was there. Pachirisu can take Chatot on easily. Tangrowth goes down to Meowstic and a filler 'mon. i used Pachirisu there since it was already on the field for Chatot anyway.

The tspikes really helped with Tangrowth, chipping down the health on a bulky mon. Roselia can help itself pretty well with draining moves, but if you have potions to spare you can make your life even easier.

image.png.f83bb2c7627126d15d199388bb88f21b.png

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rainlove said:

There's no way you can defeat them (Or continue to process throughout the game) without 6 Pokemons. You don't have to continue using just random Pokemons, but you will need them to progress. I suggest going to the slums and catch a Makuhita, and train it until it evolves. Change Covet to Charge Beam. You also SERIOUSLY need a Kricketune. Spamming Fury Cuttur is what I used to win easily in that battle. You can find Krickitot in one of the houses in Peridot Ward. 

Thanks for the advice,I got a Hariyama with Knock off and beat them on my 2nd try