Get your TM18s out, ‘cause this inferno is about to ignite the forums!

Hey, everyone. My name is Auburn Ember, but please feel free to call me Auburn if you want.

Before I start, just a preface: Auburn is a reference to my hair colour, which is a shade of red hair, not a town or city in any part of the world. Also, in no way is my online handle similar to my real name. Just wanted to put it out there.

Now that's out of the way, let me tell you about myself.

I was first introduced to Pokémon in primary school by two of my friends (names left out for obvious reasons), and I have been hooked ever since. I love everything about Pokémon (except the cards, Pokémon Go and Jumpluff – we’ll get to that later). My very first Pokémon game, interestingly, was the spin-off game Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, but my first main series game was Pokémon HeartGold.

My favourite Pokémon is Flygon. I love its design, and I love what it's based on, although embarrassingly I thought it was based on a dragonfly and not an antlion for a long time. My favourite part of the design is the wings. I would totally make some Flygon wings and strap them to my back.

My least favourite Pokémon, on the other hand, is Jumpluff. I absolutely hate everything about it. It has this face that feigns innocence, but deep inside it is a purely evil entity that will destroy your team with its stalling schemes... [rhyme not intended] (I had too many times where a stall Jumpluff entered the playing field and I was unprepared.)

I found this gem of a game while I was looking for some fan games that I thought might be fun, and boy did this game deliver! I've actually completed the game up to the end of Ep18 as of now, and my account has already been made for a while, but I haven't formally introduced myself at all. I'm deeply sorry for being rude.

I really love Pokemon Reborn's storyline, how it is a darker, more difficult take on the main series Pokemon Games. Cain would have to be my favourite character as of where I am right now. as I find him to be a very interesting character, and I find him somewhat amusing.

Okay, enough about Pokémon for a second. So, as of the time I am writing this, (which is about midnight... I should be asleep right now.) I am currently going through my last year of high school. I'm doing roughly okay. My grades are passing through, I just need to get through my IDMT class (which I absolutely suck at). Outside of school, my main source of fitness is dancing (I'm not going to reveal what style as it may be too revealing) and other people say that I am good at it. Also, I'm Australian, so I may not understand some things that relate to the US.

My main hobby is, obviously, video gaming. I especially love games that fall under adventure, simulation and RPG games, among others. My favourite games, outside Pokémon, would have to be The Sims 4, because I like simulating the most random things in it, and the Super Smash Bros. games, because I find it entertaining.

Other likes include being in a calming environment, puns, and listening to music (I listen to mostly Pop music from between 2000 and 2014, but I have favourites outside of the time period and genre).

I dislike/hate Jumpluff, big crowds, uninvited invasions of my personal space, Jumpluff, bad grammar and spelling, being forced out of my comfort zone, Jumpluff, discrimination, bullying, did I mention I hate Jumpluff?

While I try to be open and talk to other people, I am in fact an introvert, and I have trouble with talking to other people without tripping over my words. I'm also too hard on myself (although I don't show it), and I have a bad habit of talking to myself, which I have been doing for... a long time.

… Did I really make an essay about myself? I'm really sorry for putting you through that.

So, yeah this is about me, I guess. If there’s anything else you want to ask me about, then please feel free, and I’ll try to answer if I can.

• Upvote 1

henlo~ and welcome 😄 I also love flygon and you mentioning that it's based on an antlion instead of a dragonfly... eye-opener. Suddenly its evolution line makes a hell lotta more sense.

• Veterans

hi!

so, good essay, a+

as for some of your concerns:

no need to feel like you're being rude! lurking before talking is pretty normal in general. i definitely did it.

as for the new stuff, if you have any forum questions/concerns, feel free to ask myself or another mod. we're pretty happy to help out.

and, y'know, welcome to the forums!

I thought I was alone in my hate of the cotton flying ball. I play randbats a lot and Strength Sap did surprise me the first time I faced it. The irony is that I've never been able to make it work myself.

Welcome to the forum anyway 🙂

Hello you fiery soul, and welcome to the place of places!
For real, ask any questions you want, most people around here are pretty chill, and don't worry about lurking. Most people have probably done that at some point in their time here.

But yeah, enjoy your time here, and i hope you'll continue to enjoy the game and the community surrounding it!

21 hours ago, Candy said:

henlo~ and welcome 😄 I also love flygon and you mentioning that it's based on an antlion instead of a dragonfly... eye-opener. Suddenly its evolution line makes a hell lotta more sense.

Thank you, and I'm glad that I managed to help someone learn something new today.

17 hours ago, andracass said:

hi!

so, good essay, a+

as for some of your concerns:

no need to feel like you're being rude! lurking before talking is pretty normal in general. i definitely did it.

as for the new stuff, if you have any forum questions/concerns, feel free to ask myself or another mod. we're pretty happy to help out.

and, y'know, welcome to the forums!

Thank you for the compliment on my "essay". If only I was this good at writing one in English.

5 hours ago, Des Teto said:

I thought I was alone in my hate of the cotton flying ball. I play randbats a lot and Strength Sap did surprise me the first time I faced it. The irony is that I've never been able to make it work myself.

Welcome to the forum anyway 🙂

Yes! someone else who shares my pain and hatred of the goddamn dandelion-cottonweed! And thank you.

2 hours ago, Arcinblade3 said:

Hello you fiery soul, and welcome to the place of places!
For real, ask any questions you want, most people around here are pretty chill, and don't worry about lurking. Most people have probably done that at some point in their time here.

But yeah, enjoy your time here, and i hope you'll continue to enjoy the game and the community surrounding it!

… ironically, I tried to make myself sound more fiery than I really am in this post. I'm actually a really calm person by nature (pun not intended) and I don't anger easily (except if you battle me with a Jumpluff).

• Veterans

Welc-

My least favourite Pokémon, on the other hand, is Jumpluff. I absolutely hate everything about it. It has this face that feigns innocence, but deep inside it is a purely evil entity that will destroy your team with its stalling schemes... [rhyme not intended] (I had too many times where a stall Jumpluff entered the playing field and I was unprepared.)

https://tenor.com/view/palpatine-treason-star-wars-emperor-gif-8547403

Seriously though, you seem cool! Welcome and I hope you have a nice stay.

Wow.

That's a cool title~

It's great to meet you Auburn_Ember, and Welcome to Reborn~ 

Flygon is incredibly amazing, so everybody please hold your Mudsdales. And treat them with respect. 

I also love how Flygon is known as "the elemental spirit of the desert!"

Welcome to the forums!! I really enjoyed reading the "essay" you wrote heh. 😁 I actually haven't beaten Reborn even close to Chapter 18 yet (I'm taking my sweet time mainly due to a busy work schedule), but I love the game and the community so far! 

I was also unaware of the fact that Flygon is based on an Antlion and not a Dragonfly!! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. 

Also, even though I live in Japan, a lot of my foreigner friends here are Australian, so I am fully aware of the US/Australian culture/language differences 😂 

11 hours ago, Maqqy said:

Welcome to the forums Ember! I like your tagline 😄

Jumpluff is sad. Won’t you give it another chance?

F9E64896-29BD-4DC0-9BD0-396B879C409E.jpeg.b2d40a6f3dbf1f00cc705179cc920efa.jpeg

How dare you taint my presence with the blue ball of weedy evil! (Thanks for the compliment, though.)

10 hours ago, not Azery said:

Welc-

https://tenor.com/view/palpatine-treason-star-wars-emperor-gif-8547403

Seriously though, you seem cool! Welcome and I hope you have a nice stay.

… I may have watched Star Wars before, but I don't understand if you are offended by me hating Jumpluff or if you agree with me...

10 hours ago, SilverAngelus said:

Wow.

That's a cool title~

It's great to meet you Auburn_Ember, and Welcome to Reborn~ 

Flygon is incredibly amazing, so everybody please hold your Mudsdales. And treat them with respect. 

I also love how Flygon is known as "the elemental spirit of the desert!"

I know, right? Flygon is just so cool! (although, admittedly I had somehow forgotten about that tidbit of information... oops!)

9 hours ago, Cassani said:

Welcome to the forums!! I really enjoyed reading the "essay" you wrote heh. 😁 I actually haven't beaten Reborn even close to Chapter 18 yet (I'm taking my sweet time mainly due to a busy work schedule), but I love the game and the community so far! 

I was also unaware of the fact that Flygon is based on an Antlion and not a Dragonfly!! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. 

Also, even though I live in Japan, a lot of my foreigner friends here are Australian, so I am fully aware of the US/Australian culture/language differences 😂 

Hee hee. It's great to see that I am educating people for once. I'm very surprised at how everyone thinks that Flygon is a dragonfly and not an antlion.

• Like 1