[Proper banner forthcoming. Please wait warmly]

"On the ancient fields of Kaiyomi, a catastrophic battle between two entities occurred, resulting in the complete change of the Zirconial Continent forever... now, far into the future, their conflict will finally reach its conclusion."
----------------

Intro%20Banner.png

Welcome back to another round of "Derxwna Makes Games", starring The Badman himself, Derxwna Kapsyla! Today's project is one that's near and dear to my heart, something I've been planning and working and reworking on over and over, on and off, for over a decade now. A project I refer to as "Yitria Resurrection". Yitria Resurrection is a Pokemon-based Fangame built in the Pokemon Essentials engine. It plays like your traditional Pokemon game (Gym-Driven Story, Pokemon League, etc), and will be relatively easy to get into (unlike my Touhoumon projects, which have the 36 element type chart from the depths of the Abyss).

Premise%20Banner.png
The game itself tells the story of Robin Grace and their travels throughout the Yitria Region on their way to becoming strong enough to get recognized by the International Pokemon League Committee, and receive an invitation to the prestigious Grand League Tournament. To do this, they register for the Yitria League Circuit, which consists of the traditional fare of challenges for would-be Masters; the eight regional gyms, and the ever-challenging Pokemon League. The going isn't easy, as not all the Yitrian Leaders and Elite adhere to the traditional method of challenging trainers; from synthetic Pokemon to those associated with defensive strategies, going as far back as the ancient past to the far reaches of space, the Best of the Best choose to have their challengers build diverse teams, ready to take on anything.

Features%20Banner.png
Every game has to have a list of features that makes them stand out, to really let the players know what sets this apart from the other games on the block. And, while this game may be simple, it does have its fair share of unique features! A list of them can be read below.

• Pokemon and game mechanics up to the 6th Generation (the 7th Generation will be added- eventually! At the very least, certain aspects will be!)
  • A simple game, a simple plot. A goal to become the strongest trainer in the region, and an evil team to try and stop. We're really going back to our foundation here!
  • Regional Variants! ...When I get the proper sprites and code for some of them!
  • Two new Pokemon, one of them being the well-known MissingNo itself, the "box legendary" of this game. It'll even have a unique ability just for it!
  • A Journal system so you can keep track of where you are in the game, as well as the sidequests you've undertaken.
  • A "Sandbox Mode" that, when the game is finished, will allow you to have total control over how you want to play the game. In the current demo releases, it is inaccessible and incomplete. You can see examples of how this works in my mod for Pokemon Reborn, as well as the Sandbox Mode for Touhoumon Purple made by Agastya.
  • That's it. No new types, no Shadow Pokemon, no second region, no super sprawling plot that'll take 100 hours to complete. This is me reigning myself back in, and using everything I've learned about game design, both in the philosophy and practicality, and putting it to use.
  • Other "features" that I've probably forgot to list, but will put here when I remember them!

If that's not enough to pique your interest, have some screenshots to go along with the features list! They show off some of the features in action!Screenshots.png

Bugs%20Banner.png
Everyone loves bug lists! It means they can see what bugs are known about and can be fixed, or are in the process of being fixed! That way, people don't have to report them, right? Hahaha.........................

Tier 3 - Serious Game Breaking/Mechanic Altering Bugs

• Nothing has been listed here yet!

Tier 2 - In the process of fixing

• You might see a Black Void around the edge of some maps. While this doesn't break the game, it does look tacky. I am in the process of rectifying these, so if you notice any in the latest build please point them out to me!
  • Not really a bug but annoying; Some music tracks are too loud or quiet. I am in the process of adjusting the tracks so they're at a more uniform volume.
  • Some music tracks don't loop properly. If you spot one that doesn't, hit me up.

Tier 1 - Almost unnoticeable

• Nothing has been listed here yet!

Tier 0 - I am fully aware of these and, for various reasons, cannot fix them

• Move animations still use the generic Type-animations as part of Essentials. Unless you want to make custom animations for each and every move, this is unlikely to be rectified. I suggest playing with animations disabled.
  • Yes, I am aware several graphics are generic. They are placeholders until I can get some proper assets for NPCs. Please do not tell me of this, unless you are offering to rectify this issue yourself. In which case, please contact me at your leisure! Help is appreciated!

It's very possible I missed some bugs in this list. If you notice any I forgot, relay them to me and I'll have throw them here and try to fix them if I can!

As always, unless I specifically say otherwise on release, I suggest saving inside a house or a Pokemon Center. Changes have been, and will continue to be, made to outside maps to revise them.

Downloads%20Banner.png
This section is where you can find the current build of the game, as well as the Quick Patches associated with that release. Quick Patches are little releases that fix small bugs, as these bugs usually don't warrant a total reupload and rerelease (this was done to spare my internet connection...). Detailed instructions on how to install Quick Patches will be provided alongside the download for the patch itself.

Credits%20Banner.png
I am not going to deny the people who's work contributed to this project their due credit. While a master list of the credits is included with the download itself, I will list everyone here and update accordingly.

Spoiler

== Graphics ==
Kasael:
    - Yitria Town Map

SoulfulLex:
    - EV/IV Checker Screen

Pokemon Acanthite Team:
    - "The Tileset"

Zexion21
    - Pokemon League Logo (https://zexion21.deviantart.com/art/Unova-League-Symbol-200425379)

Mr. Gela
    - Windowskin Pack (https://reliccastle.com/resources/196/)

Love Albatros
    - Yitria Gym Badges
    - Hibaktol Sprite

Deo:
    - Icon rips from Gen official games

xUMG:
    - Custom Pokeball Overworld Graphics

Princess-Phoenix, LunarDusk, Sparta
    - Generation 6 Overworld Sprites

Amethyst & the Reborn Team
    - Various tiles from Pokemon Reborn
    - Battle backgrounds

Ulithium Dragon
    - Various custom tiles (Sideways-facing TV, Reverse-ways facing TV)

Coronis:
    - Leaf/Blue Trainer Sprite

ShadowGate31:
    - Primal Dialga sprites
    - Shadow Lugia sprites

KinectedWires
    - Gen 6 Hex Maniac trainer sprite

== Scripts ==
SoulfulLex:
    - EV IV Checker Interface

Kiedisticelixer:
    - Controlable Text Input Settings

Marin:
    - Map Exporter Script
    - Turbo Script
    - Easy Questing Interface

Deo:
    - Custom Day/Night Tones

Mej71:
    - Teleporter Relay Script

Vendily:
    - Ambient Overworld Cries

Nuru Yuri:
    - FModEX Plugin
    - BGM Trainer Intro Themes

Maruno:
    - Enhanced Trainer Movement

KleinStudio:
    - Footprints Script

Boonzeet:
    - Efficent Water Puddle Animations

Amethyst, Bethesda:
    - Text skipping resource

== Audio ==
Mark DiAngelo:
    - Wind (http://soundbible.com/1810-Wind.html)

FreeSFX (http://www.freesfx.co.uk/)
    - Heavy Wind

Random Talking Bush:
    - Generation 7 Era Pokemon Cries

Masato Kouda:
    - Battle! Team Galactic (Super Smash Brothers Brawl)

Go Ichinose:
    - Various official tracks from Pokemon.

Morikazu Aoki:
    - Various official tracks from Pokemon.   

iteachvader:
    - Ripped Gen 3 sound bytes

== Large Kits ==
Generation 6 Kit:
    - WorldSlayer         (Project Organization. PBS File Editing)
    - mej71             (PBS file editing)
    - karstictrainer     (PBS file editing)
    - TheDeKay             (PBS file editing)
    - viperk1             (PBS file editing)
    - SunakazeKun         (PBS file editing)
    - Radical Raptr     (PBS file editing)
    - RPD490             (PBS file editing)
    - Takyon!             (PBS file editing)
    - Pokegod7020         (PBS file editing)
    - Drakath569         (Research)
    - Florio             (Research)
    - MrDeepDarkMind     (Research)
    - snooper117         (Research)

Generation 7 Sprites:
    - Amethyst
    - Jan
    - Zumi
    - Bazaro
    - Koyo
    - Smeargletail
    - Alex
    - Noscium
    - Leparagon
    - N-kin
    - fishbowlsoul90
    - princess-phoenix
    - DatLopunnyTho
    - Conyjams
    - kaji atsu
    - The cynical poet
    - LuigiPlayer
    - Falgaia of the Smogon S/M sprite project
    - Pikafan2000
    - Lord-Myre
    - Marcello             (Alolan Exeggutor Compatibilty Scripts)

== Special Thanks ==
Maruno: Current developer of Pokemon Essentials
Enterbrain: Developers and Copyright Holders of RPG Maker
Game Freak: Developers of the Pokemon franchise

Contact%20Banner.png
If you wish to contact me for any reason regarding the game, you're free to leave a message on this thread, shoot me a PM on here, contact me on the Discord Server, or find me on my various social media hangouts, such as my personal Tumblr account, or my personal Twitter account..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm going to take next to no feedback as good feedback, and begin work on Demo 2 in earnest!

Starting off, Fotia Village, location of Mt. Fotia and the Mt. Fotia Seismology Center!
Nskx3G0.png

Being situated next to a volcano means that not a whole lot of people want to live in the area. Most of the people who live there either work at the Seismology Center, or are family members of those that do. Despite that however, they do tend to get a fair bit of foot traffic because within Mt. Fotia is the path to the fourth gym of the Yitria Region, where the thrill-seeker Lindsey awaits with her team of Fire Pokemon.

And for the helluv it, y'all can see what the map looked like when I first made it roughly 10 years ago.

• Like 1

I downloaded this game this morning and got through the current story in a few hours (not surprising for a first build).

My opinion so far:

Story 8/10 (a little simple but it has potential)

Quality of life 10/10 (most of the fangames I've played don't have the 'hold x to skip' feature)

Difficulty 7/10 (I only used my starter (piplup) and the dunsparce that you get as a reward, and the only opponent I had a hard time with was D however these games tend to be easier early on so it's not that big a deal)

Overall 25/30

Other notes

The quests just stop updating when you get the third town it would make more sense (and probably be easier for updating) if they updated but had a little not that the next part isn't available yet

All in all a good start with lots of potential

That's odd, I could have swore I made future entries of the journal show up when you finish respective parts of their sidequest chain. The Sandbox Zone NPC is 100% intentional, though, as you'll have needed to have obtained the third badge before the next quest unlocks.

But thank you for the feedback! I assure you, while the plot is fairly grounded, I've still put a lot of thought into it to make sure it feels like a proper Pokemon game plot, something that you could theoretically see in a main-line game. I also wanted to keep the difficulty in check. The early game is very hard to balance I've found but the second demo should provide more of a challenge hopefully! I hope that as more demos come out, you will come to enjoy the story and the game more!