BREEDING TMS INTO POKEMON

Eigengrau

Hi I have a doubt when it comes to breeding, Can we transfer HM or TM Moves onto a pokemon? I read many things on websites and I am confused.

Some sites say you can breed waterfall or surf into a mudkip provided you breed a male swampert with these moves with female a mudkip/ swampert. I tried that and that didnt work.

is it like only a gen 2-5 thing? that we can breed tm moves into a mon?

Some pokemon won't have the anatomy to use certain TM and HM moves when they are at stage 1.  Also keeps certain pokemon from access to certain moves.  Eevee would be busted if you could breed something like Psychic, Thunderbolt, Moonblast, Acid Amor, or Scald onto any eeveelution.  Or give No Guard Machop Fissure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Godot said:

Some pokemon won't have the anatomy to use certain TM and HM moves when they are at stage 1.  Also keeps certain pokemon from access to certain moves.  Eevee would be busted if you could breed something like Psychic, Thunderbolt, Moonblast, Acid Amor, or Scald onto any eeveelution.  Or give No Guard Machop Fissure.

thanks 

10 hours ago, RhythmMelody said:

Basically: You can't breed TM/HM on a pokemon.

The only way would be going back to episode... 9? 12? or something, when it was still possible, I think.

thanks, I realised why I felt that way, I bred flame charge onto my cyndaquil and thought I could get TMs in and read something online about Breeding Iron Tail onto charmander.