Is Volcarona worth it ?

HakuryuYukio

So i've been thinking about benching my starter serperior because it seems that reborn's powercreep is starting to catch up to it. I couldn't use it in the gauntlet because of Shelly, Cain and Serra and and all the upcoming battles don't seem to favor it either. Saphira, Lin, Bennett and Heather for example.

Is Volc a good replacement this late into the game ?

Thank you for all answers in advance

It all depend on your composition. Volcarona is very good stat and move pool wise.  All and all you should have many Pokemon in reserve in case you have to change start on the fly. This may be unrelated to the question but I recommend training honedge it's very versatile and can set up on it's own without needing much help.

Is Volc a good replacement for Serperior? Depends on your team comp. Generally speaking it may provide better offensive presence but it's not like Contrary Serperior is bad either. You'll probably want to switch them in and out depending on the circumstances.

Is Volc worth it? Yes, absolutely. Regardless of what you prefer using, it's never a bad idea to have one ready to go.

3 hours ago, Ryuta said:

It all depend on your composition. Volcarona is very good stat and move pool wise.  All and all you should have many Pokemon in reserve in case you have to change start on the fly. This may be unrelated to the question but I recommend training honedge it's very versatile and can set up on it's own without needing much help.

I have an Aegislash, so i can do this.

49 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Is Volc a good replacement for Serperior? Depends on your team comp. Generally speaking it may provide better offensive presence but it's not like Contrary Serperior is bad either. You'll probably want to switch them in and out depending on the circumstances.

Is Volc worth it? Yes, absolutely. Regardless of what you prefer using, it's never a bad idea to have one ready to go.

It's not like i will be lacking grass coverage if i bench serp. Volc can learn Giga Drain which is great for recovery. And i have a Greninja that i can run Grass Knot on.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Auburn_Ember said:

*cough* Meganium *cough*

Serperior is the only one of the Grass Starters that is in Smogon's OU Tier.

*cough* all grass starters are bad except for scrptile and chesnauguht *cought 

and most grass starters are outclassed by the fire and water starters