Fight in the glass factory

Linark

Ok, I understand this game is designed for people who like it rough, but but damn, this is by far the hardest fight in all the game, and I don't mean a bit harder than other hard fights, but miles away. I've tried this fight over 20 times, and managed to end it with a potion spam. That's so unsatisfying haha, really, after so many tries all I wanted was to continue the story. You fight a total of 30 consecutive pokemon, with perfect EVs, perfect movesets to play between them and if one pokemon faints it won't revive for the next fight (and with focs sash equipped just so they can land what they need). This is just a bad difficulty setting as it requires meta playing or just using cheap tactics. I really don't think that's the best approach for a balanced gameply. Some people live to play pokemon and can do perfect EV training, level up 40 different pokemon to have different team comps and device perfect tactics. Many of us work and have other things to do and can't spend hours training perfectly several pokemon teams. I'm already dedicating this game a lot more time than I've dedicated any other rom, and even more than some long pc games. Why scale the difficulty in such a steep way? The game was already very difficult. Everyone was saying it. Reborn was known for it's very high difficulty. There was literally 0 need to scale the difficulty in such a way, other than to get the "hardest pokemon rom" title. It doesn't make the game more enjoyable, or better. It just makes it frustrating and desperate for a hard as hell medal.
Reminds me of Ninja Gaiden 2, where the last boss was 3 consecutive bosses without any pause to get new potions. In harder difficulties people would just save all the max HP power ups just to use them as potions on that fight, seeing as you had a max number of potions. But at least Ninja Gaiden 2 didn't require you to farm for hours to get a new pokemon ready for the fight, as the ones you had won't do shit against 30 perfectly EVs pokemon. It's more than enough that I keep 11 leveled pokemon at all times.

Edited by Linark

Well I am far from a good or hardcore player and I only had troubles with the first 12 pokemon in the gauntlet (the 1vs2) and that can be beaten by strategies (focus on one of the teams first, fake out to the web setter, playing with the field...) 

Last team wasn't as strong, my laras could easilly tank most of what they threw. problem is the first 2 teams are hard as hell and you end with a lof of fainted mons. i had to abuse potions to win this. I'm neither a good/hardcore pokemon player, but I understand EVs, strengths and certain tactics. Other hard fights could be a bit annoying, but in the end I could end them using my own pokemon and tactics. In this case, I needed to use cheap tactics.

Only potions? I spammed revives as well, it's not cheap, it's why they are there, to be used. Personally, I loved the Glass Factory, for the fact that it -was- hard and challenging, you had to think, it's not just about throwing potions and revives on all of your pokemons, you are limited with that, too (If you didn't prepare). You have to think even there, which mon can I ress? Which should I heal, which one should I sacrifice for that? I am also not a hardcore master, when I catch a pokemon, he stays in my team till the end, I rarely get more than 6 pokemon for rotations, as it really is hard to grind o: (Once I had time waiting for Ep 16 but I lost that file with over 42 gameplay, it was a lengthy wait). I understand your frustration, but you should feel accomplished, you beat it! You moved on, personally, I was f*cking mesmerized when: 

Spoiler

our character got brainwashed and fucking obliterated Three Gym Leaders and Cain without -me- moving a finger... It was just "Wow, he is really something" and that was through my awesome team...!

It is strange to say that you are not a hardcore fan, just a casual player, and then complain about the difficulty, as that is why this game is so amazing, you need to make sacrifices, you need to resolve to cheap tactics, or to hardcore gaming, if you want to beat it, and that makes it amazing, makes it that much sweeter when you come out on top! 

In my opinion, it doesn't. A real deserved win is when you don't need to use cheap tactics. When I beat other gyms and events I too used revives and pots, but not as a spam tactic. It was something in the precise moment. Failed several times and had to come up with tactics. The gauntlet it's just too voer the top in terms of difficulty. Heck, I defeated the next big fight after the gauntlet in my first try. So why the difficulty differece? To piss us? XD

To give it certain seriousness, the threat is real and hard to deal with because it's dangerous, now you will remember the fight, 'cos it was hard as hell. Seemingly it was designed so you would spam your revives and pots, as I don't think anyone has beaten that thing without half of his team being defeated just like that. Of course, I am just voicing my thoughts, each to his own.

tbh I think the one at Fiore is harder, but it might just be me.

I felt the glass factory battle was doable because as long as your pokemon don't faint in the Cain + Shelly battle, Bennett will heal your mons before the next battles. Having a steel type is also helpful. My klinklang was MVP in all those fights hehe

Fiore Mansion was absolutely harder, simply because you had access to fewer options. And also because NPC partners tend to get in the way.

By the time I got to the Glass Factory I had a doubles team that could basically nuke everything to hell.

• Veterans

If i remember correctly, Shelly/Cain took me 3 go's because of some really bad crit luck with their Volcarona but outside of that, I kinda swept through it. They're considerably lower level, have lower IVs for some of Shelly/Cain/Radomus/Serra's mons and none of them have a field they particularly benefit from. Honestly I had more of a rough go at Fiore.

Only Cain and Shelly caused me trouble but then Volcarona destroys the 2 other fights. Just set up vs a not bad matchup Mismagius or Clefable/A-Ninetails and easy sweep with heat waves + bug buzz.

4 hours ago, Linark said:

In my opinion, it doesn't. A real deserved win is when you don't need to use cheap tactics.

Hey mate,

I partially agree with your sight on things, but..

when you'r able to come to this point in the game, you either went through hard singles as well as doubles. You know at this point the big differences in battle-strategy for both these formats and the game expects you to have some sort of a dedicated tactic for either format. For doubles these would be things like:

• A-Ninetales + another Blizzard spammer
  • Rotom + a Fast ground Type for EQ+Discharge Spam
  • Weather Set up in general or any other means to cater the field to your advantage.

I would think of these tactics as cheap in any way, and neither do you, i'm sure. But fighting this gauntlet with a team that is only to an extend (or not at all) catered to the doubles format will naturally put you at a massive downside.

either way, glad you managed to pull through!