What’s the ETA on Zygarde?

It’s about time we got our hands on zygarde. Right now the search for its cells seems rather pointless. I understand not just handing us a powerful legendary 50% form or 100% before endgame. However is 10% really that much to ask? At this point in the game it isn’t even close to overpowered its even on the weak side.

The game is handing them out to everyone except us like candy. Groudon, Giratina, Yveltal, etc there are legendaries everywhere. 10% would be kinda dinky but at least kinda measure up to the battle of gods happening around us.

I hope we can get it before the Elite 8 so this endless hunt could feel like it has a point. I’d rather not be stuck with Phione till the end of time.

1 hour ago, Lucky98 said:

There's always Type: Null and Silvally 

I like Silvally and even use it but it doesn’t change the fact that the cell hunt feels like a waste. It would be cool if we where slowly building our legendary and having it scale with us like in sun and moon. But right now it seems like we are collecting them for nothing except boring reward milestones. I really hope zygarde isn’t shunted off to the postgame to rot in complete uselessness.

We aren’t allowed to have nice things. We aren’t even allowed pseudo legendaries yet, so even a trash tier legendary like zygarde 10% is out of the question. I’m pretty sure the reason for that is so there can still be scripted losses for us. What’s that? You just ohko’d my giratina with a crit? Yeah, well it’s a legendary so you still lose outside of the battle lol. My shadow mewtwo just died of a fever? Yeah no it didn’t. It’s still fine and dandy.The game needs thematic reasons for you to not be able to just pipe everyone and everything, I guess. As soon as we get legendaries, the game can’t reasonably pull that bs anymore

19 hours ago, Luck Repellent said:

We aren’t allowed to have nice things. We aren’t even allowed pseudo legendaries yet, so even a trash tier legendary like zygarde 10% is out of the question. I’m pretty sure the reason for that is so there can still be scripted losses for us. What’s that? You just ohko’d my giratina with a crit? Yeah, well it’s a legendary so you still lose outside of the battle lol. My shadow mewtwo just died of a fever? Yeah no it didn’t. It’s still fine and dandy.The game needs thematic reasons for you to not be able to just pipe everyone and everything, I guess. As soon as we get legendaries, the game can’t reasonably pull that bs anymore

There could easily be an excuse that zygarde at 10% or even 50% is not on the same level as other legends. If anything it would actually provide a reason why the legends aren’t curbstomping us. Every other character is walking around loaded with either god mode, magic, or a legendary signature Pokemon. While the main character us, though that’s debatable at this point has nothing except phione and kinda sillvally. What I’m saying is that it would be great if we got something anything to make the protagonist feel special compared to Mellia and the never ending barrage of legendary trainers with at least the weak 10% form.

1 hour ago, Luck Repellent said:

We’ll probably end up with xerneas since that is the logo for the game, and because madame x has an yveltal with the most broken move in the history of turn-based combat. That’s still going to be very very late game though

I hope so cause that sounds amazing but then again mellia or one of the Scooby gang could end up snatching it. And then we could end up sitting on the sideline during the final battle. I hope and they won’t deprive us of the cover legendary and a chance at the spotlight but maybe I should have more faith in the devs.

The only Pokemon that'd counter Madame X's Yveltal would be Tapu Lele.  Psychic Terrain makes Yveltal unable to do anything against it, whereas Xerneas would still be vulnerable to Decimation.

6 hours ago, Myrrh said:

The only Pokemon that'd counter Madame X's Yveltal would be Tapu Lele.  Psychic Terrain makes Yveltal unable to do anything against it, whereas Xerneas would still be vulnerable to Decimation.

hilariously enough, a non-Legendary counter to Decimation does exist: Tsareena with Queenly Majesty since Decimation is a priority move

54 minutes ago, RedWolf705 said:

hilariously enough, a non-Legendary counter to Decimation does exist: Tsareena with Queenly Majesty since Decimation is a priority move

That is very true.  There is also Bruxish due to Dazzling.  I sort of glossed over both of them.

8 hours ago, RedWolf705 said:

also any Pokemon that can learn Quick Guard

This particular move is actually mentioned in the 100% guide for the game as a way to beat Madame X legit at Blacksteeple Castle.  Main reason I only mentioned Tapu Lele was because of the talk on legendary Pokemon, which had me just ignore all the other possible things we listed.  Xerneas ends up not working as an intended counter in the end without making Fairy Aura make it immune to Decimation.  (It does not currently do so.)

Edited by Myrrh

21 hours ago, Myrrh said:

I was assuming the xerneas would get some bullshit that rivals the yveltal. Since they are sort of opposites, it stands to reason that xerneas would get something that would allow it to stand up to yveltal imo

2 hours ago, Luck Repellent said:

I was assuming the xerneas would get some bullshit that rivals the yveltal. Since they are sort of opposites, it stands to reason that xerneas would get something that would allow it to stand up to yveltal imo

Giving Xerneas a move like Decimation would ruin any semblance of balance for the game and would make the fight with Madame X come down to whoever lands their broken move first.  I imagine what's more likely is that Jan would give Yveltal a legit moveset over resorting to something such as that.  This is the same game where we still don't have megas or access to legendary Pokemon that are less powerful than Lilligant, so I think it would be better not to assume we'll be getting a Xerneas with anything special until we have reason to believe we would.  Madame X's Yveltal isn't good reason as she is meant to be an unwinnable battle that can be won because of specific strategies.  It was even changed from a full normal fight to Yveltal's priority one hit kill move because it originally could be cheesed with FEAR.  One must PP stall it now with items, Quick Guard, or debug menu to get three specific counters.

Edited by Myrrh

2 hours ago, Swampellow said:

On the subject of Tsareena/Bruxish countering Decimation, they don’t. Decimation has the built in Mold Breaker effect (same as Sunsteel Strike) so it  ignores those abilities.

So it truly is only Lele and Quick Guard.  Lele having the added bonus of being able to attack with a double boosted Moonblast while Yveltal wastes turns.  (And subsequently not having to endure struggle based attacks as a level 40 Lele can three hit kill a level 100 Yveltal and a level 85 Lele can one hit kill a level 100 Yveltal.)

Spoiler

Funny thing is that I did remember it had a Mold Breaker effect so entirely ignored Sturdy related strategies, but blanked on these two.

Edited by Myrrh

3 hours ago, Myrrh said:

So it truly is only Lele and Quick Guard.  Lele having the added bonus of being able to attack with a double boosted Moonblast while Yveltal wastes turns.  (And subsequently not having to endure struggle based attacks as a level 40 Lele can three hit kill a level 100 Yveltal and a level 85 Lele can one hit kill a level 100 Yveltal.)

So you're saying only a legend can solo Yveltal

Edit: Sorry, I just love that video since. But getting Zygarde should be fine by this point since 10% is pretty much just a slightly better Lycanroc which we've had forever. Personally I think we should get Zygarde by V12 as if you spend ALL of that time finding all of those Cells or most of them of course you deserve a nice reward even if it's a little broken. I think people need to stop worrying so much about the game being broken and about keeping people interested in doing the mundane things such as searching hours for something that gives crappy rewards for the effort right now (seriously you get a lucky egg for all of that)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Commander said:

So you're saying only a legend can solo Yveltal

I'm more saying that Lele does it with the least resistance.  That is a fun video, however.

17 hours ago, Myrrh said:

Giving Xerneas a move like Decimation would ruin any semblance of balance for the game and would make the fight with Madame X come down to whoever lands their broken move first.  I imagine what's more likely is that Jan would give Yveltal a legit moveset over resorting to something such as that.  This is the same game where we still don't have megas or access to legendary Pokemon that are less powerful than Lilligant, so I think it would be better not to assume we'll be getting a Xerneas with anything special until we have reason to believe we would.  Madame X's Yveltal isn't good reason as she is meant to be an unwinnable battle that can be won because of specific strategies.  It was even changed from a full normal fight to Yveltal's priority one hit kill move because it originally could be cheesed with FEAR.  One must PP stall it now with items, Quick Guard, or debug menu to get three specific counters.

No, as in something that counters decimation. Sure, it wouldn't be something as good as decimation, but it would be something that counters it. I would expect either an ability similar to queenly majesty or a move that, for example, couples quick guard with dealing damage. I think this method would be more consistent thematically with the plot, because you aren't just saying that the big bad has inexplicably lost the only reason she beat the player the first time they encountered each other. If yveltal eventually just loses decimation for no reason, it will seem like decimation only existed as a cop out in the first place imo.

11 hours ago, Luck Repellent said:

No, as in something that counters decimation. Sure, it wouldn't be something as good as decimation, but it would be something that counters it. I would expect either an ability similar to queenly majesty or a move that, for example, couples quick guard with dealing damage. I think this method would be more consistent thematically with the plot, because you aren't just saying that the big bad has inexplicably lost the only reason she beat the player the first time they encountered each other. If yveltal eventually just loses decimation for no reason, it will seem like decimation only existed as a cop out in the first place imo.

As stated in this thread, an ability wouldn't work as Decimation has Mold Breaker as part of it.  The only reason Psychic Surge works in Lele's case is because it's the terrain that is nulling Decimation and not Psychic Surge itself.  A move that counters all priority and hits back?  That's possible.  It's also possible they'll just require the player to put a Focus Sash on their Xerneas so that it can prevent Decimation from killing it in one hit and allow it to one hit kill Yveltal back with a Moonblast.  It's possible they could make a second variation of Decimation where it's just made into a clone of Moongiest Beam or Sunsteel Strike with priority.  This is what I'm getting at, one could assume literally anything, but we have nothing to really go by to assume Xerneas is going to get anything special to directly counter Decimation when all we have to go by is a fight the player isn't meant to win.  One can PP stall like how the person in the video did or utilize other unconventional means to perhaps beat it legit, but it was meant to be an impossible fight.  The main rewards for winning against Madame X at Blacksteeple Castle is Madame X having alternate dialogue after the battle - much like if one beats Madelis with Melia, a variable called DefeatedMadame being set to on, and earning a karma point.  They could have kept her with her full team and only updated Yveltal, but there is no real way to make her actually impossible to beat because that's how Pokemon is. 

The move is given absurd priority and Mold Breaker because it is a cop out in this case.  It's meant to be a quick way to eliminate the majority of strategies.

Edited by Myrrh