Maze Hunters

Bazaro

It's ya boi back with another Mafia Game spinoff, Maze Hunters!

What is Mafia?

Spoiler

Mafia is a social deduction game where an uninformed majority tries to defeat an informed majority. The Town members must hunt down and defeat the Mafia members who work together to kill off the Town players. The game is played through several phases with countless types of abilities available to both sides. There's a lot more to it, but it's honestly not as important in this game...

So... what is Maze Hunters Mafia?

Spoiler

Maze Hunters is a game where each player is isolated among a grid map, and moves from grid to grid, room to room, and meet up with other players along the way. And kill them, of course!

The Mafia players are able to communicate across the entire map, but Town can only talk to people they meet up with! Find power-ups across the map and become the heroes who stop the evil Mafia from wiping everyone out!

The goal is for Town to kill the Mafia Members, then all survivors win. The Mafia are trying to kill EVERY Townie.

Cool! How do you play?

~ The game is played in 3 phases, unlike standard Mafia games: Movement, Day, and Action.

Movement Phase

Spoiler

This is where the game starts. Players will be permitted to move to one adjacent room during this time. Once all players have selected where they want to go, everyone will be removed from their current room and placed into another. Some effects may let you move more than once per phase, or not move at all!

Rooms will come with a set of directions (North East South and West) that lead to other rooms. There will be walls in the maze that prevent movement in certain directions. One more thing to notice is that you will not know anything about the adjacent rooms. You also will not know where other players walk off to...

And if you like, you can skip the Movement Phase and just stay where you are. But where's the fun in that...?

Day Phase

Spoiler

This is where you get to sit down and talk to other players in the same room as you. This will last 24 hours. You will not be able to talk to anyone outside of your room, unless an effect specifically allows you to... except the Mafia, of course. During this time, you may also interact with the room and trade with other players.

There will be no public chat room! This includes the Forums... they will not be needed~

Action Phase

Spoiler

This is your chance to go for the kill! You may try to attack someone in the same room as you. Once all players submit their Actions and/or Attacks, the phase post will be updated and the game will return to Movement Phase.

Combat

Weapons are broken into 2 categories: Melee and Ranged. Ranged Weapons will always act before Melee, but otherwise attacks are typically simultaneous. For being slower, however, Melee weapons have a +15% Accuracy!

Attacks are based on Accuracy and Evasion. These stats start low but improve greatly across the game.

The Maze

Spoiler

The Maze is a 5x4 grid. Each room has a different effect inside of it that could harm or help you in your goals... Of course, these rooms will be kept secret until you discover them!

Each player will start in a different room, generated randomly. Players will NOT know which grid space they are in... figuring out the Maze's layout is part of the fun, after all! Oh, and you can only talk inside the room you're in. That should be, like, common sense, though...

The outside borders are all walls. No need to worry about going out of bounds or anything like that. Also to note, there are NO dead ends! Every room is connected to at least 2 others.

Roles

Spoiler

ALL roles begin with a Knife, Pistol, and Vest. Everyone also starts with 10% Accuracy and 25% Evasion, which will change dramatically over the game. Trust me.

Magician

Once each Day Phase, you may swap one of your items with a random item from a chosen player in the same room as you. They will not be informed of the swap until the Action Phase.

Ghost

You can walk (and see, in certain cases) through walls in the middle of the maze. You are still unable to walk outside of the boundary limits.

Survivor

You start with an extra Vest.

Pitcher

All of your Melee Weapons are treated as Ranged Weapons (but retain the 15% Accuracy bonus).

Cowboy

Your Ranged Weapons ALWAYS have the highest priority, ignoring any other effects in the game.

Telepath (x2)

The Telepaths share a private chat throughout the game. When in the same room, both Telepaths gain 10% Evasion.

Poisoner

Once per Action Phase, you may attempt to Poison a player in your room (calculated using your Accuracy only). A Poisoned player has 20% reduced Evasion and cannot carry more than 3 items total at a time (they will be forced to drop any extra they are carrying in the room they are in). Poison does not kill, and cannot be cured without an Antidote.

Runner

You may move twice during the Movement Phase. It is worth noting you cannot gain any benefits from a room unless you end your Movement there. Still, you know the effects of a room while running through it.

Explorer

You start with a Map.

Bodyguard

During the Action Phase, you may force a player to Attack you. If that player tried to target a player other than the Bodyguard, the Bodyguard receives a bonus 20% Evasion.

Cop

Once per Action Phase, you can inspect a nearby player and learn their role.

Blocker

At the beginning of each Day Phase, you can Block one player in the same room as you. That player will be unable to use their ability's effects until the following Day Phase.

Control Freak

During the Movement Phase, if you are in a room with another player, you can force them to move in a direction of your choice instead.

Crippler

After Attacking a player (even if you miss) temporarily reduce that player's Accuracy and Evasion by 15% during the next Action Phase.

Phantom

Each time you kill a player, you...............

Trapper

At the end of each Action Phase you can.....................

Bomber

Once per game at any point, you can.....................

After that, at any point you can.....................

Recon

You start the game with a.....................

Arsonist

Once per game at the end of the Action Phase, you can.....................

... Uh oh! It looks like the Mafia roles aren't fully readable yet! Darn those Mafia!

Power Ups and Items

Spoiler

What's a good killing game without some fun toys? There's various kinds of weapons and gear that can boost your stats, or even give unfair advantages that break the rules! I can't disclose ALL of them just yet, but I'll list a few down below...

You get a random Weapon or Item every time you kill ANY player. I heard there are rooms that you can get items from as well...

Stat Boosters

These are the most common item you'll receive, which can be consumed the moment you receive them. They can be used to increase your Accuracy or Evasion by 5% for the rest of the game. You will ALWAYS receive one for discovering a new room for the first time, but you can still find them as random items.

Vests

A Vest will protect you from any form of Attack only once. Then, that Vest will be destroyed. What a lifesaver. Oh, and everyone starts with a Vest!

Knife

The most basic Melee Weapon. Can be used infinitely to attack another player once per Action Phase. All players receive one at the start of the game. Remember that Melee Weapons are slower priority but have 15% more Accuracy!

Pistol

The most basic Ranged Weapon. Can be used infinitely to attack another player once per Action Phase. All players receive one at the start of the game.

Map

During the Movement Phase, you will be PMd the names of the rooms you can travel to instead of only a direction.

Binoculars

During the Day and Action Phases, you will know which players are in adjacent rooms. You will not know of their actions, and you cannot hear what they say. You will just know that they are there. Maybe it'll come in handy...

And plenty more, of course!

Once we get the green light, I'll invite everyone to the custom Discord Server for the event. That's where we'll have fun~

I'm expecting a lot of questions for things I haven't covered properly in here, so pleaseplease ask questions.

But join my game anyway, you unworthy heathen.

Please?

1. Dragoknight

2. PurpleCicada

3. Bean

4. Candy

5. Caimie

6. Alaris

7. Nano

8. LykosHand

9. Astra

10. NickCrash

11. Yahen

12. Yahy

13. Alistair

14. GenEric

15. Lia

16. Mr Knightly

17. Newt

18. DigitalAmber

19. Bok Choi

20. CrimsonDragon

I call plagiarism @Candy

Chickenrim legend tells of a hero known as the Chicken Slayer, a warrior with the body of a bean and soul of a chicken, whose destiny it is to destroy the evil pineapple Bazaro

25 minutes ago, Chickenborn said:

I call plagiarism @Candy

Chickenrim legend tells of a hero known as the Chicken Slayer, a warrior with the body of a bean and soul of a chicken, whose destiny it is to destroy the evil pineapple Bazaro

imitation, I hear, is the highest form of flattery xD I made a grid-style game, but it can only be improved further

Spoiler

5oYeV8b.gif

Since I was pinged here, I shall join even tho I admit I have read none of that but I think I'll do so in the future or maybe not but I'll do a tri uwu

Since we're extending the player list, let's announce the extra roles!

Spoiler

Blocker

At the beginning of each Day Phase, you can Block one player in the same room as you. That player will be unable to use their ability's effects until the following Day Phase.

Control Freak

During the Movement Phase, if you are in a room with another player, you can force them to move in a direction of your choice instead.

Crippler

After Attacking a player (even if you miss) temporarily reduce that player's Accuracy and Evasion by 15% during the next Action Phase.

Phantom

Each time you kill a player, you...............

Good luck~~