Fire Emblem On The Forums: Excalibur Arena [IC]

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

Ari had felt some satisfaction at the blast of magic that had forced the girl did retreat but nothing compared to the excitement he felt at the appearance of this magical presence. Briefly disappearing, he reappeared right next to the mounted knight, standing on the wall next to the fountain, letting him actually be close to a similar height. 

"Ooooo, hello there~ You seem interesting. Hey, Gwyn, look! I'm closer to him than you are! Haha look at this!"

Sticking his tongue out at her, he reached out and touched the armored leg of Lancelot.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercia felt a sense of triumph over the chilling air when she watched Rosanne skillfully put a hole through Nicolos, surely he was finished for good...

...And then before she knew it, they were told to leave. Who did this asshole think he was?... Well, apparently, this was Lancelot... this was Lancelot? Someone who decides to hide when the chosen wielder of the Fire Emblem was looking for him, then pops out when he felt like it just to aid a bunch of losers? Mercia wanted to shout, but knew that it was pretty much suicide to do so, and she only prayed that Blodeuyn would be okay.

As much as she wanted to give Lancelot the evil eye, it was more important to tend to Rosanne's wounds; she wasn't the most skilled with healing magic, but she knew she had to try to heal her. As she quietly healed her, not wanting to interrupt her talking with Lancelot or even give any indication that she was healing her minus her wounds potentially closing up, she stared with a lot of annoyance at Infernus. As if to say, you've lost and you all know that, you just got lucky.

D64Q7TE.png

". . ." Lancelot stayed silent as Blodeuyn threw her mushrooms. Goddess help him, these are the people they chose? 

sMRzeMz.png

Still on his knee the rebel leader wryly uttered, "Heh, isn't obvious you dogs of the crown? Lancelot has chosen to side with-" Before he could finish, he was yet again cut off but this time it was by a bolt of black magic landing mere centimeters in front of him.

5HJKHDE.png

"Hold your tongue, BOY! In no way did I say I would serve you!" With his free hand he summons a magic hand as black as the night sky. Before anyone has anytime to react the hand wraps around Arissell neck and lifts him up into the air and dragging him into the knight real one. Ari would feel like his very life essence was being choked along with his body.

Fo2khNB.png

"Listen here you brats, these villagers specifically want nothing to do with this feud of yours! Yet just the mere rumor of me being in this location has you all swarming like moths to a flame!" His grip tightens on the fae before he tosses back. Nicolos, pushing through the pain of his wounds catches Ari before he lands onto the ground. "Secondly, I am severely disappointed in the ones chosen by the Fire Emblem. Going straight for the kill does nothing yet provide a empty void for someone else to take to continue this chaos. So I'm giving all of you three orders. One, leave this city immediately and NEVER return. Two, all future squabbles between you two will be held outside of cities and away from any innocent civilians. Three, no one under the direct command of the ones chosen by the Emblem will be allowed to perish in these squabbles. You WILL follow these orders, whether you like it or not! Unless... you budding maggots think you have a chance in taking me down."

Candide's mouth remained twisted in a frown, though his hand remained on Blodeuyn's pouch, keeping her from throwing whatever it is that she was throwing. To tell the truth, he had been skeptical of the battle taking place within the city from the very start, so it was not as if Lancelot was incorrect there. But the man's tone, the way he dripped with crude insults, the way he was dominated by anger to the point of, if Candide was hearing correctly, wildly throwing magic and choking someone... by the sounds of their position, one of Nicolos' bunch, but choking them nonetheless. Softly, he spoke to himself.

rn4gRGF.png

"Je pense, peut-être, que je suis désappointé moi-même."

Juliett_talk.png

"Ari!"

She moves to dismount the moment she sees the amorphous black hand take the fae by the neck, but it's too late, and she watches with horror as he's plucked up into the air. What the hell is this guy's problem??

A mixture of fear and shock keeps her rooted in place — this 'Lancelot the Black' might be intimidating, and clearly powerful, but this was the kind of Knight that everyone so looked up to? She only finally slides out of the saddle when Ari is flung aside like junk, taking the moment to elbow past Galen and over to Nicolos as he sets the fae down. Concerned, she puts a hand on his shoulder to make sure he's okay, looking back up at Lancelot as he continues.

It's like he thinks he's hot shit or something, just because he's powerful. Maybe he's used to being in charge, but if that's the case... she feels sorry for the ones who followed him before. His third edict catches her off guard, though. The first two make sense if he's trying to keep the civil war from causing too much collateral damage, but ordering both sides not to kill anyone on the other side? That came out of nowhere.

She almost wants to say 'how are you going to make sure? Following us around the country and poofing in with dramatic magic every time someone's hand slips?', but has more self-preservation instead. It's not her place to say anything anyway, so she'll leave Nicolos to respond to that. Instead, she looks back at Arissell with a frown.

Juliett_talk.png

"Hey, you okay?"

Rossane_2.0.png

Rosanne had a thousand thoughts, had Mercia healed her wounds enough to fight? Was her party in any state to fight? Were they willing? Was Lancelot really not on Nicolos' side? What did this mean about the other knights of the roundtable? What was the meaning of Lancelot's clauses? She looked behind her, and at the state of Neve and Blodeuyn and sighed. 

"Gwyn your friend will be safe. Sir Lancelot will not hurt your friend. I need you to take Neve and Blodeuyn on your mount. We're retreating." She commanded, her tone the icy command voice that she had used a few times now. 

"Sir Lancelot The Black, I swear to uphold your two first clauses but I am fighting a war. I do not wish to harm the usurper's party, but I will take his head when the time comes for it. I hope you will come around back to the side of the crown, when the time is right. Farewell." Excalibur sheathed, but a hand still gripping it's hilt in case she needed to fight, she turned to leave the village. Lucan didn't have to be told to follow after her, following just behind her step.

Excalibur: Glacius continues here

20S7D6d.png"Arissell!" Gwyn landed their wyvern in a hurry, practically somersaulting over his head to approach the fallen half-fae before realizing somewhat belatedly who was between them and Ari. Instead, he rounded on Lancelot, Rosanne's words momentarily forgotten.

20S7D6d.png"If you're so mad about people getting hurt, why did you hurt Ari like that? Ari didn't hurt anyone, all he did was touch you!" Gwyn held the hatchet defensively between himself and Lancelot, trying not to show that he was quite literally shaking in his boots. He glanced backward at their own injured, before swallowing and facing Lancelot one last time. "I-I won't forget this!" He carefully stepped backward, still trying to make it look like he wasn't fleeing, before gesturing at Gaheris and turning away. "C-come on, we need to help them out," he said, before his best to assist the wounded onto the wyvern's back.

D64Q7TE.png

At the sign of the princess' retreat the air slowly begins to get lighter and lighter. His helmet shifts toward Gwyn, his voice a lot more calm now. Still as deep as ever, however, "Hmph. If that fae child, or Ari as you call him, can't handle something as minor as that, then he isn't fit to serve as a retainer. He should be thankful it was just that, the Knights of the Round went thorough much more through and intensive tests than that."

vVlxcwK.png

"I must agree with him Sir Lancelot." Nicolos interjected gently setting the half-fae onto the ground. Maybe this time he'll actually finish what he has to say,  "I had heard you became more vicious over the years but to treat Arissell as such. Has your sense of honor been lost to you?"

5HJKHDE.png

"Honor!? Don't begin to lecture me about honor BOY or should I call you a barbaric bandit from your days of old? To me, you are all nothing but hooligans disturbing the peace and in need of discipline. If anything, his actions show poorly on you! You think I ever let Arthur get away with being an annoyance like that? PAH! You should be grateful you yet breath boy, this isn't the first time I've sparred your life! Need I bring up details of Greatwood? Should I gift you with another scar on your face?"

5CoweGT.png

"Mmmmmppppffff." His words sung like a thousand thorns, yet there was nothing he could think to say to retort them.

vVlxcwK.png

"As respect for your deeds and of Sir Arthur, we will retreat and we will heed your words. However, that in no ways means I will condone your actions here."

5HJKHDE.png

"Did I ask for you to condone? No, only your obedience is require. Now go! My patience is running thin!" With that Nicolos managed to slowly bring himself to his feet and pulled Infernus from the ground. He then headed the opposite way of Rosanne, his walk turning into more of a limp once he was sure he was out of sight of most onlookers. 

Excalibur: Infernus continues here

Ari nodded to Juliett, and stuck out his tongue at the retreating knight.

NIBLZUG.png

"Bah. Stupid knight, takes-"

His sentence was interrupted by a fit of coughing, but he shook his head and powered through.

"I'll be fine! Takes more than that to take me down! Besides, now Gwyn has to be jealous of me. I actually got to touch him. Gonna have to see if I can annoy any more knights along the way..."