Team for Reborn Intense Difficulty

fatman12

Hi, so I recently got back into Pokemon after beating Diamond Version a while back and have found out of all the new upgrades to Pokemon over the years. I would like some feedback on my possible team to for Reborn on the hardest difficulty. Any help is appreciated since I just discovered a site called Smogon with recommended move sets. Thanks. 

Blaziken         

Item: Life Orb      

Moves:  1. Flare Blitz

2. Protect

3. Knock-off

4. Hi-jump Kick

Greninja

Item: Expert Belt

Moves:  1. Surf

2. Ice Beam

3. Extrasensory

4. Darkpulse

Venusaur

Item: Venusaurite

Moves:  1. Synthesis

2. Giga Drain

3. Sludgebomb

4. Hidden power Fire

Garchomp 

Item: Choice Scarf

Moves:  1. Earthquake

2. Poisonjab

3. Dragon Claw

4. Rock slide

Aegislash

Item: Spell Tag 

Moves:  1. King's Shield

2. Shadow Ball

3. Flash Cannon

4. Shadow Sneak

Rotom-Wash

Item: Leftovers

Moves:  1. Hydro pump

2. Pain split

3. Will-o-wisp

4. Volt Switch

That's a great team! i'm using Blaziken and Aegislash too, and they're both amazing. just take into consideration that your Blaziken is too much PvP oriented so in a long game he may be hard to play with (healing, PP, etc.), and that High Jump Kick and Flare Blitz are pretty risky. You may want to consider using a wide lens instead of a life orb, and putting blaze kick instead of flare blitz. And in my opinion Greninja is not the best choice you've got. I think Gardevoir is a much better choice. And last but not least you need to remember that you can only get all of those mons in the last chapters. I can breed them for you though, as long as you get a froakie as a starter and trade one froakie with me (He's the last starter I need for my starters collection).

Edited by The Shady Dealer

Agree with this team being too competitive oriented and whatnot but I'll also add that things like megas are really late into the game and isn't something that can be traded over like other mons are, so you might want to consider replacing Venusaur with something else. If you need a grass type, Ferrothorn or Serperior might work well depending on what ya want (defense vs offense).

Also, rotation teams are worth looking into due to some mons being 100% useless in certain fights just due to the enemies team hard countering them, so adding a few more mons would definitely help out.

As of E18, Greninja cannot learn Ice Beam, Venusaur cannot learn Sludge Bomb and Garchomp cannot learn Earthquake. The best replacements currently are Icy Wind, Venoshock/Sludge and Stomping Tantrum. Also, you can only get one of those 'mons before like, 9 badges into the game I think, and the rest after that are 13+ badges in, so you'll need to have some temporary teammates to make your way up to your ideal team.

Also, I'd personally recommend Fire Blast or Iron Head over Poison Jab on Garchomp, and Bulk Up over Protect on Blaziken. And if you're fine with using potions, you should probably replace Venusaur's Synthesis and Rotom-W's Pain Split, though they aren't bad moves to have anyway there isn't much point to using them if you've got 50 Full Restores sitting in your bag.

And as Endstrom said, having a rotation is a very good idea in Reborn. There are 'mons like Rhyperior and Cofagrigus that do particularly well as part of a rotation due to their ability to straight up invalidate certain teams - Rhyperior takes next to no damage from physical attacks (even super-effective ones) and Cofagrigus' Trick Room sweeper set makes very quick work of teams lacking an appropriate check to Ghost types.

1 hour ago, LemonJones said:

Pardon me but what's this Reborn intense difficulty?

At first I confused Reborn and Rejuv and thought Reborn had different difficulties, but then I realized he probably meant to say that the difficulty of the game is harder than the regular pokemon games.

So I was thinking on replacing Greninja with a Alola Ninetails once I get it. Would that be a more balance team?

Alola Ninetails

Item: Light Clay

Moves:  1. Aurora Veil

2. Blizzard

3. Moonblast

4. Freeze-Dry

I'm going to warn you now:

5/6 of these Pokemon are EXTREMELY late game, other than one starter. If this is your endgame team, then sure, it's reasonable, but just remember that you will be hard pressed to get these pokemon easily and you will have to use other pokemon before them. Also, HMs still exist, so you'll need HMs other than Surf, like Rock Smash, Strength and Fly. Finally, certain TMs are yet to be added to the game, such as Volt Switch and some others. 

Otherwise, a great team, if a little endgame centric. Torchic is an excellent starter in this game BTW.

Yea that is my endgame team. I beaten the bug gym leader and constantly switch pokemon until I can get my dream team. Btw do you know if it is possible to form a team with Charizard Y, Tyranitar, and Excadrill? I am not sure if it is possible to have a dual weather team. If possible what other three members should I put for that team? Thanks 

Please ignore the dual weather team from above post. On a side note I want to think of a secondary team and would like your feedback on the Team members:

Scizor, Tyranitar, Mega Salemence, Tangrowth, Toxapex, and Volcarona.

I have not decided on the held items and movesets yet. But want some feedback on the synergy of this team. Appreciate any feedback.