Tania's team

Pietro

So, I'm replaying reborn and I was challenging Titania, I didn't remember in my last playthrough that her klefki was immune to fire attacks. Is there an explanation for this? Cause I didn't see any information about in the field notes.

Tania’s battlefield is the ‘Fairy Tale Field’. According to the info in your Pokegear, all your Fire moves will turn into Dragon moves while battling, and since Fairies are immune to Dragon moves, you can’t take Klefki down this way. I would personally recommend the use of Ground Type moves just for him, and possibly a Pokemon with Foul Play if you ever have a bad time against her Aegislash too.

1 hour ago, Q-Jei said:

Tania’s battlefield is the ‘Fairy Tale Field’. According to the info in your Pokegear, all your Fire moves will turn into Dragon moves while battling, and since Fairies are immune to Dragon moves, you can’t take Klefki down this way. I would personally recommend the use of Ground Type moves just for him, and possibly a Pokemon with Foul Play if you ever have a bad time against her Aegislash too.

Slight correction, but I believe Fire type attacks gain Dragon typing rather than being converted, meaning they deal both Fire and Dragon type damage. Like how Flying Press is both Flying/Fighting. But your point still stands - since they also deal Dragon type damage, Fairy types are immune. However, this means Fire type moves are still effective against Scizor for example, albeit only 2x effective rather than 4x since Steel types resist Dragon (2 x 2 x 0.5).

1 hour ago, Nicocchi said:

Slight correction, but I believe Fire type attacks gain Dragon typing rather than being converted, meaning they deal both Fire and Dragon type damage. Like how Flying Press is both Flying/Fighting. But your point still stands - since they also deal Dragon type damage, Fairy types are immune. However, this means Fire type moves are still effective against Scizor for example, albeit only 2x effective rather than 4x since Steel types resist Dragon (2 x 2 x 0.5).

That’s absolutely it! My apologize for this confusion. Which means that despite those changes, you still can use Fire moves to deal considerable damage to both Scizor and Alola-Sandslash.