MY TEAM FOR THE EPISODE 19 BADGE AND ELITE 4

bob1994

What's with all the Quick Claw spam? Your team is pretty fast, so it's kinda useless. The Life Orb is available as of E18 and would go particularly well on Greninja, a Groundium Z would be perfect for Flygon (Firium Z isn't bad either), and Blaziken and Scizor would appreciate items that boost their STAB moves (Flame/Fist Plate and Iron/Insect plate, respectively). As for Gallade, you could either run a second Life Orb, a Choice Band or Choice Scarf, or just a type-boosting item like the Fist Plate. (I don't remember if its Mega Stone is available in E18, but it probably will be in E19, so run that once you get it).

As for movesets:

- Blaziken would benefit greatly from Bulk Up (Swords Dance once the TM is available). Its sweeping potential when its attack is boosted is what makes it the best 'mon in Reborn. I'd personally replace Blaze Kick, as it's nice to have one of Blaziken's STABs be powerful but risky and the other be reliable. Brave Bird could possibly be replaced with Stone Edge or Thunderpunch but it's not the worst option ever.

- Gallade doesn't have any STAB moves for some reason. I'd recommend at least grabbing Close Combat, and seriously considering Zen Headbutt. Keep Ice Punch for the 3rd slot and run either Swords Dance or Knock Off for the last.

- If you're going to run a Ground/Dragon type with 4 attacks, Garchomp is strictly better than Flygon. Flygon's niche over Garchomp comes from its access to Dragon Dance, so if you're running Flygon you 100% need to run Dragon Dance, probably instead of Flamethrower. I'd also recommend Outrage or Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush, as Dragon Rush tends to miss a bit too often.

- If you decide to run Garchomp instead of Flygon, a set of Stomping Tantrum (to become Earthquake when we get the TM), Dragon Claw or Outrage, Stone Edge, and Fire Blast or Iron Head is ideal.

- Thunderbolt is useless on Snorlax due to its awful Special Attack. I'd replace it with Curse, as Snorlax is one of if not the best users of it in Reborn due to its incredible bulk, naturally high attack and already abysmal speed. Giga Impact is also a bit questionable and I think you'd find a bit more use from Return or Body Slam. EDIT: Also should slot Fire Punch in there somewhere for Steel types, possibly over Ice Punch.

- Scizor has the same issue as Snorlax with Flash Cannon going off its lower Special Attack stat. Bullet Punch is a good replacement, as Technician gives it some respectable power and its priority helps with finishing weakened opponents or sweeping frailer teams. Toxic isn't really a great move for Scizor since it isn't bulky enough to pull off a defensive role in Reborn with all the field effects running around; Aerial Ace or Knock Off are probably the best 4th moves you could use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Seel The Deal said:

What's with all the Quick Claw spam? Your team is pretty fast, so it's kinda useless. The Life Orb is available as of E18 and would go particularly well on Greninja, a Groundium Z would be perfect for Flygon (Firium Z isn't bad either), and Blaziken and Scizor would appreciate items that boost their STAB moves (Flame/Fist Plate and Iron/Insect plate, respectively). As for Gallade, you could either run a second Life Orb, a Choice Band or Choice Scarf, or just a type-boosting item like the Fist Plate. (I don't remember if its Mega Stone is available in E18, but it probably will be in E19, so run that once you get it).

As for movesets:

- Blaziken would benefit greatly from Bulk Up (Swords Dance once the TM is available). Its sweeping potential when its attack is boosted is what makes it the best 'mon in Reborn. I'd personally replace Blaze Kick, as it's nice to have one of Blaziken's STABs be powerful but risky and the other be reliable. Brave Bird could possibly be replaced with Stone Edge or Thunderpunch but it's not the worst option ever.

- Gallade doesn't have any STAB moves for some reason. I'd recommend at least grabbing Close Combat, and seriously considering Zen Headbutt. Keep Ice Punch for the 3rd slot and run either Swords Dance or Knock Off for the last.

- If you're going to run a Ground/Dragon type with 4 attacks, Garchomp is strictly better than Flygon. Flygon's niche over Garchomp comes from its access to Dragon Dance, so if you're running Flygon you 100% need to run Dragon Dance, probably instead of Flamethrower. I'd also recommend Outrage or Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush, as Dragon Rush tends to miss a bit too often.

- If you decide to run Garchomp instead of Flygon, a set of Stomping Tantrum (to become Earthquake when we get the TM), Dragon Claw or Outrage, Stone Edge, and Fire Blast or Iron Head is ideal.

- Thunderbolt is useless on Snorlax due to its awful Special Attack. I'd replace it with Curse, as Snorlax is one of if not the best users of it in Reborn due to its incredible bulk, naturally high attack and already abysmal speed. Giga Impact is also a bit questionable and I think you'd find a bit more use from Return or Body Slam. EDIT: Also should slot Fire Punch in there somewhere for Steel types, possibly over Ice Punch.

- Scizor has the same issue as Snorlax with Flash Cannon going off its lower Special Attack stat. Bullet Punch is a good replacement, as Technician gives it some respectable power and its priority helps with finishing weakened opponents or sweeping frailer teams. Toxic isn't really a great move for Scizor since it isn't bulky enough to pull off a defensive role in Reborn with all the field effects running around; Aerial Ace or Knock Off are probably the best 4th moves you could use.

Galladite is part of the pokedex completion sidequest. Though, i don't remember how many mons you need to catch.

In addition to what Seal the Deal said (ESPECIALLY ABOUT QUICK CLAW), I don't usually recommend having two of any pokemon of the same type on a team., unless it's something like Sap Sipper or Water Absorb. So replace Gallade with a mon with these types: Grass, Ice, Flying, Poison, Fairy, Psychic, Ghost, Rock, or Electric that doesn't already share multiple weaknesses with your team. I would probably use a contrary Serperior because it's broken but that's just me.

Also, you have one special attacker. I think that's very bad if your Greninja is KOed and the opponent sends out something like an Avalugg that is extremely physically bulky. 

I would replace Scizor's Toxic with U-Turn and Flash Cannon with Bullet Punch.

Please never run any special attacks on Snorlax. You can replace Tbolt with Crunch for some good coverage. On top of that, Giga Impact is really bad compared to Return or even Body Slam. Heck, Curse is a good move too.

I completely agree with what Seal said about Flygon's set. 

Greninja has a decent set but I think it needs Extrasensory. Maybe that over Water Shuriken (I mean, you don't have Battle Bond).

I don't like Sky Uppercut on Blaziken because it's inaccurate. Superpower or even High Jump Kick would be better. Replace Blaze Kick with possibly Swords Dance or Bulk Up because you already have a fire STAB.

Next I want to talk about EVs. I'm not sure if you have your mons EV trained but if you haven't definitely do it. It will make fights a lot easier. 

For items I think Greninja should have Expert Belt, Scizor could have maybe Choice Band (if you replace Swords Dance with Knock Off) or just give it the Scizorite or Leftovers, Blaziken could take Life Orb, Flygon holds Groundium Z, and then do something with that sixth member. I would make it bulky and maybe give it Assault Vest. 

I don't think having 2 mons of the same type is necessarily a bad thing, especially in a case like this where only 1 of the weaknesses are shared (Gallade is neutral to Psychic and Blaziken is neutral to Fairy, so only Flying is shared), plus we're already past the Flying leader. A Flying resist somewhere on the team wouldn't be a terrible idea though.