The Team of a Newbie who semi-knows what he's doing (I actually don't.)

Ezlo Farcarver

So, teambuilding is NOT my strong suit, especially when the game's as tough as Reborn.

So far, I'm at the Lv. 35 level cap. Been breezing through due to my WonderTrade luck, but that'll wear off easily.

The Team so far is super sketchy, but solid. Glass cannons, mostly

Clockworks, Murkrow Lv. 25 Hardy, Super Luck

Has Wing Attack, Night Shade, Assurance, and (VALUABLE) Perish Song

Perish Song is KING. If there's a bullshit level jump, I'll drop a Song and take the hits. Besides, Foul Play WILL be invaluable when I get it.

Gretchen, Glameow Lv. 27 Hardy, Own Tempo

Got Growl, Hypnosis, Feint Attack, Fury Swipes

Standard attacker of sorts, mostly an all-around innocent choice. She's put in some good work.

Amber, Primarina Lv. 34 Serious, Liquid Voice

Got Sparkling Aria, Aqua Jet, Bubble Beam, and Disarming Voice

My starter! Having a Fairy has helped BIG time against some of the early Fightings. Besides, that Sp. Attack is stellar for being a full evolution.

Matilde, Sneasel Lv. 34 Impish, Pickpocket

Has Slash, Feint Attack, Hone Claws, and Icicle Crash (Wondertrade 1. Also, Pickpocket negates the need for Thief and has gotten me a good starting-off supply of heals.)

Super good! Probably the primary team member currently, that Attack stat is crazy! Beat back the Flobot easily with her.

Rujurd, Lucario Lv. 34 Modest, Steadfast

Got Swords Dance, Aura Sphere, Meteor Mash, and Vacuum Wave (Wondertrade 2. He's my ace card sweeper-only, I pull him out when the cards are against me.)

My exclusive sweeper, I only send him out when the chips are down. Don't wanna just breeze through Reborn, so he's staying out of the limelight.

I don't have a solid sixth, but three solid Fires in the PC:

Brook, Ponyta Lv. 25 Quiet, Flash Fire

Foehammer, Growlithe Lv. 25 Docile, Justified

Maybelle, Numel Lv. 20 Quiet, Own Tempo

Ain't got much more than that that's worth mentioning YET, I'm grinding up some backups. I also have a Lv. 57 from WonderTrade chilling in the PC, a Delibird. I HAVE actually used it to swamp Fern. Once. Only Flying-type I've got 'sides what's below Lv. 10. Also found ONE Shiny, a Morelull. Only real bartering chip I have, 'sides Rujurd. Also, I got a Pachirisu, heard you could've gotten a Zigzagoon in that spot, I personally would've preferred that, Pickup's TOO valuable, and Pach isn't putting in the power I need short-term. With Linoone, it'd be better and I'd have Pickup for longer. Oh well, beggars can't be pickers. I do have the Reborn Ball from the Lottery (Thanks, Delibird's OT), but I'll be saving that for something I PERSONALLY won't pass up, like an Archeops or a Zapdos, something I'm familiar and strong with.

I'm off to a good start, but it's gonna get rougher. Might as well start some prepwork now, take advantage of the beginners' luck.

Also, I've only ever gotten ONE rainy day. That feels wrong to me.

Edited by Ezlo Farcarver

2 hours ago, Ezlo Farcarver said:

Amber, Primarina Lv. 34 Serious, Liquid Voice

this starter? I like you

Also, I like your team, tho you might not find an item to evolve sneasel until much much later.

Lopunny is the superior normal type imo tho

One pokemon I'll recommend for mid-late game onwards is lycanroc.

I'm also not the best at team building but that's all that came to my mind 😛

3 hours ago, Candy said:

One pokemon I'll recommend for mid-late game onwards is lycanroc.

Totally, I like Midnight Lycanroc. I'll hold off on a Lyc for now, I think I'm solid for the time being. I'll see if I can score a Rockruff via WonderTrade for later however, tho I don't have many pokeballs left to catch things to put in there.