Hello, I'm brand new.

Hi, I'm Ez. Ezlo Farcarver. I kinda stumbled here on the words of some friends on our Pokemon Uranium Steam chat, and DEAR GOD I didn't expect this game to be so strange.

[I just started the game, been binging it since Thursday, just got to the Lottery in the Lapis(?) Ward. This game's been crazy, and I'm thinking it's gonna get wilder.

Also, the WonderTrades I've gotten have been WILD since the start. So, as per my tradition, I traded away my starter immediately after getting my first wild and got a Riolu, traded the Pidgey and got my EXACT SAME starter back. And the Lottery? DAMN! I got the numbers matched on DAY 2. WTF, so I have a Master Ball (Or at least I think it's the equivalent of it, this Reborn Ball).

That's all just from my first week on this game (Or half week). I'm enjoying it.]

So I'm going in totally blind, any good tips besides being smart with my IVs/team members and such? And is it true the Shiny rate is nuts? I'm hooked on this ride for the forseeable future.

And, yeah, I can't say hi to save my life. I'm a total dweeb and a bit of a dumbass. Also, I GM tabletop boardgames, so I'm used to crazy worlds. And, finally, I'm the last Brony standing in my friendgroup (Fallout Equestria forever!) who also enjoys nuclear stuff.

I'm a mess. It's glorious.

Edited by Ezlo Farcarver
  • Upvote 1

Paraboom! 😄

Welcome to Reborn, Ez~

Yup, Reborn Ball is the equivalent of a Master Ball in this game! I think.

One tip I have for you is that you'll need more than 6 Pokemon for you team. You can only accomplish this by keeping a rotation of team members in your box. Switch out for what Pokemon are strong for a specific gym battle. 

Also, the shiny rate is better in this game~

Have fun~

Hi brand new, I'm dad.

jk

tbh getting the Master Ball so early in the game I'm pretty impressed. I literally have boxes upon boxes of traded mons and still just get third place prizes and the occasional second place one. don't use up your luck tho, you'll need it with some Gym battles down the road, I assure you :3

I agree with Sol^'s advice. Also, I'd say keep some Common Candy (to level down) at hand so you don't get your mons disobeying, and do look for and read over the field effects before battles because strats can be made with that info. 

Anyhow, enjoy the ride~ and welcome to le forums~ 🍭

Hiya, welcome to Reborn! \o
I guess my number one advice would be that Reborn is a game that rewards exploration. There's a lot of side quests and events all over the place, and some of the most useful stuff is locked behind 'em. For example, you may find different Pokémon under changing weather conditions - such as a Tynamo in an alleyway during thunderstorms. You'll also probably develop a habit of checking every rock and trash pile for hidden items, because there's lots of them.
A lot of traditionally "strong" Pokémon aren't available until later, but Reborn also manages to make some usually overlooked Pokémon more useful. Some of them may be a good type match up for what's ahead of you next. Some get a move or two that comes in handy for the next battle. Some work really well with certain field effects. Disregard nothing just based on how it does in competitive. I've used a Wormadam for five gyms. Twice.

Anyway, yeah - hope you enjoy yourself, and maybe we'll see you around!

Welcome Ezlo! May your stay be good in Reborn! 😄

Kudos with the Master Ball reward! I would have never expected such a thing to happen to any beginner in this game, congratulations! Yeah, exploring a lot is the key to be well prepared for late Reborn stuff. And since you managed to make your way to the lottery, that means you already had your battle with Julia. All the other Gym Leaders are like her indeed; six Pokemon in their team, specific field effects, good moveset and special items to hold, especially custom seeds. As long as you know how to turn a battlefield to your advantage, you'll be certainly more likely to have a good time in Reborn, if you hadn't already. Anyway, the community is quite helpful, so don't hesitate to ask if you need something in particular.

Good luck and have fun! 🙂

Thanks for the kind words, it's real reassuring! Lemme just say, was not expecting the Poison guy to do what he did. WOW.  I shrieked! I'm enjoying this a LOT. Also, I'm out of money.

All in all, hoping this game gets crazy. [Oh, any bullcrap sudden level jumps to worry about? I don't wanna take a wrong turn and run into 70s with my crew of 35s. I'm surprised that this game's been kinda forgiving so far, my luck's prob gonna run dry at this Ghost guy my lads warned me about.]

57 minutes ago, Ezlo Farcarver said:

Thanks for the kind words, it's real reassuring! Lemme just say, was not expecting the Poison guy to do what he did. WOW.  I shrieked! I'm enjoying this a LOT. Also, I'm out of money.

All in all, hoping this game gets crazy. [Oh, any bullcrap sudden level jumps to worry about? I don't wanna take a wrong turn and run into 70s with my crew of 35s. I'm surprised that this game's been kinda forgiving so far, my luck's prob gonna run dry at this Ghost guy my lads warned me about.]

Not really. I mean for some event pokemon yea there is a few. You could take em on though early if you have the right movesets

Welcome to these forums!  I hope you enjoy your stay.

Spoiler

39976b30dc87b667499f25de81081a01effc46e2

Also, if you find yourself wanting a certain Pokemon (or really needing it to get past something), come talk to one of the trade groups (such as the 8th Street Vendors linked in my signature below).  wink wink