Why Can't I use Charm?!?!?! {Slight Spoliers for Terajuma Jungle}

Hi, so there's something that has been bothering me so much, but I haven't seen anyone talk about it probably because a lot of people don't have the setup I have.

But basically my situation is that for some strange reason, I tried to use Charm on Geara's Krookodile in Terajuma Jungle with my Prankster Meowstic, but it keeps failing. The thing is that this is not the first time this has happened. I think the last time it happened, I still used my Prankster Meowstic, but it was in a different terrain and with a different trainer (I think it might've been with Madelis in Blacksteeple Castle). I ruled out terrain since I get the same result from different fields. It couldn't have been some hidden immunity and passive move because no such thing was up. I'm wondering if this is a glitch or if this was intentional, and if it is a glitch, how do I fix this? I hope someone can help because other than grinding up my pokes to the level cap, I don't see an easy way to beat Geara with the team I have. Plus, I am recording videos of this on Youtube, and I don't have time during the week to record. I'll probably find some way to beat Geara, but I feel that this problem will come up again later on.

Also, funny thing, Charm worked perfectly on his Persian, so I don't know why it didn't work for Krookodile. And again, none of this pokemon has moves that negates stats drops, nor did he ever use such a move. If he had a seed (which he didn't), I would've seen it go off, but nothing like that happened. Hoping someone can answer this. Thanks for the help!