"On the Hunt" App! I need your help

VoydVoyd

Hi Reborn, for my software development class final project I'm making a Reborn companion app meant to be a comprehensive reference for things like item locations, pokemon locations, gym teams, etc. I'm thinking of having more detailed guides for the more elaborate events in Reborn, if I have the time. 

I need to collect some data from the players on what they think of the game, and how they search for info when playing,
so I'd really really appreciate it if anyone could put a minute aside to answer a very short survey for me. Thank you!

https://forms.gle/4NaahFUTPaZeCQ2Y6

• Upvote 2

Wow folks, taken aback at how helpful you've all been in the last optional field. I didn't know about the PBS files until now! I was initially going to have to compromise on a lot of more data heavy features at least for now (considering it's a thing I'm handing in for school) but now we'll see what I can do! Probably won't be regular updates or anything from now till then (unless I'm in need of feedback) but you'll hear from me in the coming months

2 hours ago, VoydVoyd said:

No mockups yet, I'm still writing the whole pre-design analysis papers and whatnot

If you have rpg maker XP you can open the game and check events and Pokemon appearance percentages Vinnie has been making a video walk through as well

On 5/8/2019 at 1:29 AM, Sirrobert said:

Some of those questions could benefit from a "Not applicable" answer.

Most of the follow up questions, in fact.

Do you ever use Discord? NO.

Do you find using Discord helpful? Neither answer would be correct here.

The followup questions were left optional, maybe i should have made that more clear

• 1 month later...

Update: I'm up to the development stage now. Xamarin.forms hasn't been treating me exceedingly kindly so far, but I'm managing, the main problem I'm facing is data. It's taking forever to collect it, and I'm struggling to come up with a structure that I'm satisfied with. I'm thinking probably keep the level of detail in each json file to a minimum, and reference between them, so the locations json file only contains the IDs of pokemon and their levels/times of day and whatever and everything else is taken from separate files referencing pokemon themselves. Still, it's exceedingly easy to decide on something that will come to be totally useless in time.

19 minutes ago, VoydVoyd said:

Update: I'm up to the development stage now. Xamarin.forms hasn't been treating me exceedingly kindly so far, but I'm managing, the main problem I'm facing is data. It's taking forever to collect it, and I'm struggling to come up with a structure that I'm satisfied with. I'm thinking probably keep the level of detail in each json file to a minimum, and reference between them, so the locations json file only contains the IDs of pokemon and their levels/times of day and whatever and everything else is taken from separate files referencing pokemon themselves. Still, it's exceedingly easy to decide on something that will come to be totally useless in time.

I can get you times of day and percentages if you need for the Pokemon

The item guide has every item possible to find by area, I have a few maps with markings on them where they they are visually shown as well if you want what I have done?