Gym Leader Charlotte

Myrrh

It'd be neat, but at the same time, Charlotte already tends to push you into taking a few specific strategies. 

Difficulty is a really neat touch, but you have to be careful not to ramp the difficulty up so much that you eliminate all but a few options to winning the battle. 

Right now Charlottes in a really nice spot. If you've bred a team with good ivs and ev trained them properly, you can win with a bit of smart gameplay. Or if you don't have the right mons for the job you can catch every single team member you'd need for some easy win strategies against her and all of them are found post Agate Circus. 

Giving her Mega Zard would make it more difficult for those who put in time and effort into breeding and ev training, but the easy strategy routes wouldn't really be affect, and if anything, they'd be more enforced. 

I think it'll be cool but I think she doesn't need it if the only choice we have is to face her in double battle since her team is already challenging enough for double battle most of her pokemon have a good synergy also it's not too hard to take out. Adding mega charizard to mix will take it too far in my opinion.  

However If player have a choice to fight her in single or double battle with different team like Amaria, I think mega charizard Y will be a good boss pokemon in single format for player to get over also talk about how epic it is.