How to Beat Shelly

bonuspoints

Hi, this is my first post.  I need help beating Shelly.  I can eliminate Masquarain and Illumise no problem, but once Yanmega comes out I get slapped.  Below are all the Pokémon I’ve tried in any such combination.  

Unown - lvl 40

Dunsparce - lvl 38

Combusken- lvl 35

Emolga - lvl 35

Onix - lvl 35

Mightyena - lvl 35 

Arbok - lvl 34

Pangoro - lvl 33

Noibat - lvl 30 

Clauncher - lvl 30 

Growlithe - lvl 28 

Gloom - lvl 28

Numel - lvl 27 

Let me know if you have any suggestions!  

Try and evolve your Combusken and then delevel the Blaziken back down to 35 so it'll listen to you. In a house to the left of Shelly there's a trainer who will teach Fire Pledge for a few red shards, it's base 80 power, and it'll burn Shelly's Forest Field if you use it before she sets up Rain Dance.

I'd also grab a Espurr from one of the Gang Alleys, it might be the Magma Gang's Alley. Try and find one that has Fake Out. On turn one you'll fake out her Illumise, and faint it with your Blaziken's Fire Pledge. From there it's a sweep, assuming your Blaziken has Speed Boost.

^ On top of that, when Espurr dies you can send in Onix and have it use Stealth Rock, which will cripple anything sent in (also I think the damage would matter for Araquanid, it has good special bulk and isn't weak to Fire). You can also evolve Numel (level 33) and have it spam Lava Plume.