Post-Beryl Team Alteration suggestions

TridentgreenYT

Alright.

This is my second time going through this game, hoping to get a lot more through this go around.

Tomorrow, I'm going to beat Correy, gym leader #3. 

Current team is a Frogadier, Noibat, Klink, Kricketune, Pichu and Slugma.

I want to replace the back half of my team fairly rapidly, what are some decent mons available between the 3rd and 6th gyms that are not water, dark, flying, dragon or steel? Are there any decent electric or fire mons?

Thank you,

A person who struggles on every single boss fight as of yet.

You will get access to mystery egg from the police sidequests. Those mons are pretty powerful

Slugma after getting shell smash is also quite good in some situations. 

I would replace Noibat with another flying type. Many powerful ones available. Just catch another high level noibat in the future, just before it evolves.

You get access to magnemite which is the best electric. Also amphoros is decent.

Pick up a psychic type because fighting and poison types are everywhere for the majority of the early and mid game. Espur is perfect, or alolan raichu

+1 on the Espurr. male Meowstic with prankster + Light Screen/Reflect will be a huge asset to you for most of the game. Noibat takes awhile to get going but once it does, its pretty damn good. bench it for now and either grind it later or catch a higher levelled one. 

Magnemite is good, but you'll be stuck with Magneton for a long time so be warned.

(Yureyu key is in Chrysolia pass, and iirc at that point you're locked out of Reborn city for awhile longer, he evolves in the back room of shade's gym)

you can catch a couple of decent grass or poison pokes like Oddish, Bellsprout, Fromatis and Beedrill (that's more for much MUCH later though. might still be useful for a couple of gyms) in malchous forest.