Soul Link

14 hours ago, Lspaceship said:

Remind me what a Soul Link is, and we can try it?

I will warn you now, I'm no good at the game, so it may end.....poorly.

A Soul Link is essentially a co-op nuzlocke. If you are unfamiliar with nuzlockes, they are challenge runs where you self-impose rules to make the game more difficult. The two most basic rules of a nuzlocke challenge are that you may only catch the first Pokemon encountered in an area/route, and that fainting is equivalent to death, meaning that fainted Pokemon may no longer be used in battle.

A Soul Link adds the additional rule that every Pokemon caught by one player must be "linked" to a Pokemon caught by another player in that same area. Say, for example, you two were to do a Soul Link of Rejuvenation. In Gearan Sewers, you encounter and capture a Woobat. You tell @lolokxd who then encounters and catches a Trubbish in Gearen Sewers. From that moment on, those two Pokemon are paired. If you were to deposit your Woobat into the PC, they would have to deposit their Trubbish. If their Trubbish were to "die" in battle, your Woobat would also be considered dead and neither Pokemon could be used again for the rest of the run. Also, if one person fails to capture their first encounter in an area/route, the other person must forfeit theirs as well. In a Soul Link, both players should always have the same amount of Pokemon.

Some people add more rules such as gender clauses (i.e. if you encounter and catch a female Pokemon, @lolokxdwould have to keep encountering Pokemon until they find a male). Two people I follow on YouTube have the rule that, across both players teams, no primary typing can be repeated. But really, you only have to follow the three rules I covered for it to be considered a proper Soul Link.