Team for sampson

darkwaters33

So my current team is hypno, zebstrika, typhlosion, arcanine, honchkrow and toxicorak. I can barely get past 3 pokemon before he wipes me out. I dont understand how his hawlucha can outspeed my zebstrika, who has a +speed nature, when it is paralyzed. Can anyone offer some suggestions. Some pokemon i have in the pc are:

Steelix at least has sturdy and can get one attack

Bisharp who would be absolutley pointless here

Misdrevious

Ampharos

Mamoswine

Palosand

Drapion

Noctowl

Clawitzer

And bewear

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

On Route 2, during the morning you can find Hawlucha. 

The reason his Hawlucha is so fast is that it's holding a synthetic seed, which boosts it's attack and applies helping hand(which is around +50% more attack), and then using the synthetic seed activates it's ability, unburden. Unburden doubles the users speed when it's held item is consumed. 

My strat would be to use your own Hawlucha with a Synthetic seed. 

Start by dealing with the Hariyama. Try to finish off Hariyama with something weak to flying so the Hawlucha will be more likely to be sent out next. Send in something to either paralyze or sleep the Hawlucha before sending in your own, setting up a Swords Dance and sweeping the rest of his team.

Spoiler

Getting a Prankster Sableye could help out a lot. You can get them in Iolia valley behind a smashable wall. It'll say "The Crystals energy is unstable" and you need a mon with Dark pulse. Get into a fight and use dark pulse and you can catch a sableye.

Getting a mon with Prankster just kinda stops Samson in his tracks. Spamming Will-o-wisp or Thunder Wave makes his mons sitting ducks for the most part. You would have to be careful of trying to Status his Hariyama or Conkeldurr though. The above mentioned Hawlucha who is a solid mon for this fight. And you should have access to much better flying types than Noctowl by this point (Unless you just wanna keep it around). You should also have access to a Dusk Stone by now to evolve that Misdrevious!

Use someone to kill Hariyama, and as soon as he sends out Mienshao send out the key pokemon Palossand. Teach him earth power, shore up, iron defense and some move to handle Hawlucha like psychic, stone edge, rock tomb or infestation, I don't remember what can you have right now. Your goal is to get to Hawlucha with +6 defense, and whipe out all the Samson's team until Conkeldurr. Well, that's not easy because Hawlucha has roost, so you must have enough damage output to kill him. I hope you do. In that case, you can kill any pokemon Samson sends out exept for maybe Conkeldurr. If you can't get past Hawlucha, you have to rock tomb until he is at -6 speed, let Palossand die/switch him out to a death fodder and either clear the job with Honchkrow or Hypno, if they can ohko Hawlucha, or anyone with an high attack and one of Acrobatics or Nature Power. Now, if Mienshao is still alive you can use again your Palossand. If instead the next pokemon is Blaziken or Lucario, you have to use your own Hawlucha to do it. If Conkeldurr gives you any trouble, just go for a couple feather dances and it's yours