Two Scripting Problems (need some help with essentials)

1. During a couple of events, I use the Screen Flash effect and it works just fine when the game window is small or medium size, the problem comes up when I switch to a large screen size and then the flash effect only appears in the top left of the screen. Its distracting and I need to know if there is a way to make it scale to proper size.

2. This one is simpler, I want to know how to make an item do the same thing as an Ice gem in the scripts. The Item is defined in the PBS files, but I don't know where in the scripts the Gems are all defined.

Thanks for any help and if you need clarification just ask ( first time trying to explain a problem like this. 😓)

Edited by AquaMacaw

For the second question, http://prntscr.com/ng2ooq

The Script Section PokeBattle_Move.

You can just use Ctrl + Shift + F to search for a specific keyword/keyword(s) in all of the scripts.

As for the first one, I don't think there actually is a fix outside of just switching to normal/small.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Scyl said:

For the second question, http://prntscr.com/ng2ooq

The Script Section PokeBattle_Move.

You can just use Ctrl + Shift + F to search for a specific keyword/keyword(s) in all of the scripts.

As for the first one, I don't think there actually is a fix outside of just switching to normal/small.

Thanks this helped a lot, sucks that there might not be away to fix the flash issue guess i'll just have to work my way around it.

Strange, the white screen flash seems to work fine for me on large screen sizes.

What version of Essentials are you using? (I tried on 17.2 and older which seems to work fine)

Did you use any of Reborn's scripts, EBS scripts or are you using a script made by someone else?

Is the map of the screen flash connected with another map via Map Connections?

I'm using version 17.2 as well, im not using any scripts from reborn, I am using some custom scripts that effect the Pokemon contests but i've had this flash effect problem since before I added those. and no the map isn't connected to any other map. I might try adding all my data and stuff to a new unzipped Pokemon essentials and see if that works.

10 hours ago, Autumn Rain said:

Strange, the white screen flash seems to work fine for me on large screen sizes.

What version of Essentials are you using? (I tried on 17.2 and older which seems to work fine)

Did you use any of Reborn's scripts, EBS scripts or are you using a script made by someone else?

Is the map of the screen flash connected with another map via Map Connections?