LGP/E content

Claude

3 hours ago, smeargletail said:

yeah I don't think that'll be in the game maybe someone will add it as a mod of sort after the game is done

As long as the moves don't have any special effects that didn't previously exist then it's pretty easy to add but good luck getting people to incorporate and add animations for them.

I could see someone doing a Mod for that, but as for the actual game having these partner Pokemon, I would be really surprised if it did. While their stats aren't inflated enough for them to be overpowered on their own, some of their exclusive moves are really broken. Pikachu has Zippy Zap, a priority physical Electric move that always lands a Crit, and Eevee's moves give broken a new meaning: Baddy Bad and Glitzy Glow are both 90 base Special Dark and Psychic attacks that also set up Reflect and Light Screen, respectively.

Also, in Reborn you could give them something you can't in Pokemon Let's Go: held items. That means you could have a Partner Eevee hold an Eviolite to make its Defense and Special Defense go up to 105 and 127.5, respectively.

Even scarier, if you give your Partner Pikachu a Light Ball, it becomes an unholy monster with 160 Attack, 150 Special Attack, to go along its natural 120 base Speed. That's Ash-Greninja-like stats. If that's not scary enough, Pikachu (specifically, Partner Pikachu) has access to four moves that give it the best possible type coverage (Electric, Flying, Ground and Fighting), meaning Zippy Zap, Floaty Fall, Dig and Brick Break. It's still really frail and can be OHKO by any decent STAB move, but still.

The Alternate Form Pack mod already adds both those partner pokemon and their special moves, but they still don't have animations. They also aren't avaible from the start. The pikachu is avaible before Radomus and its last move is unlocked before Ciel. I not really sure about Eevee, as it was created on a recent version after I finished my run, but I think it's only avaible before Titania.

As for balance, the Pikachu is the definition of Glass Cannon. It is really strong with the Light ball, but the moment a Pokemon isn't one-shotted, it can take out the Pikachu easily with a neutral move, sometimes even with screen support. It is also really fast, but if you don't breed for perfect EVs and favorable nature it still should outspeed by a couple pokemon. I never used it on doubles because it was so targetted and frail. Also I don't think it can learn Dig as iDunno said.