James' Reborn Adventure!

J-Awesome_One

Who should James use in his rival battles against Cain & Victoria?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who should James use in his rival battles against Cain & Victoria?

• Growlie
    • Cacnea
    • Chimecho
    • Mime Jr.
    • Carnivine
    • Yamask
    • Amoonguss
    • Inkay
    • Mareanie

This poll is closed to new votes

2wnaPmg.jpg

The 3 of them entered the Obsidia Slums. Once they were in there, they looked around the place. It was quite disgusting looking and filthy. Debris was all over the place. James felt bad that some homeless people were forced to live in a place like this. He could also see why Victoria was scared to try to go through here with the addition of the men trying to attack her.

FztU9ST.png

Ame: Man… It’s been a while since I’ve last been here. I really need to fix this up sometime soon.

Victoria: I think if we go up a little bit further, we’ll come across the men that tried to attack me.

James: Well now you have back up. We’ll take care of them together. So Ame, how long do you think we’ll be in here for.

Ame: Well, it was just starting to turn dark when we got in here. I wanna say around the evening time?

Victoria: Then I think we should move forward quickly.

James: Yea. She’s right. Just fend off anybody that tries to attack us alright you 2?

Ame: Got it hun.

Victoria: With you 2 here, I can definitely do that.

The 2 started to venture through the slums. Almost as soon as they stepped further into the area, they were attacked by strange men. It was obvious they were on something with how they were talking or moving. Since there was 3 of them though, it wasn’t that threatening and they were able to fend off the attack. They went into the next room and started to go through it to get to the next area. Almost immediately, a strange man popped from behind some boxes.

Man: Box! Why you do this?!

James, Ame & Victoria: Ahh!

Y1sKNVk.png

Man: The box! THE BOX! Why?!

Ame: Calm down. Just calm down. What are you talking about? What did a… box do?

Man: It moved! It crawled away!

James: Wait. Didn’t you say that objects in here were moving on their own Victoria?

Victoria: Yea. It was really weird and scary.

Ame: But how can that be? Things just don’t move on their own.

James: They don’t but this place is creepy. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me.

Man: The box knows! It protects the exit! THE MASTER IS THERE!

Ame: What? Protecting the exit? A master being there? What do you mean?

Man: You have been warned! Beware the box!

The man backed up to where he was hiding before and started to talk to himself about the box. The 3 looked at each other. What was this crazy man talking about? Could the debris really be moving on its own? And if so, how was that possible? The 3 couldn’t sit there pondering. So they continued going through the place. There were spots where they had to jump from 1 floor to the other. The drop wasn’t far down but it was enough that if someone were to fall down there, they wouldn’t be able to get back up on their own. Maybe even with help. After carefully jumping across the platforms, they walked up a bit and took a break. The jumping around took a lot out of them. But as they were resting, James saw something on the ground.

James: Hey. Look. A box.

Victoria: I really hope it doesn’t move.

Ame: Don’t worry Victoria. It’s just a box. They can’t move on their-

Before she could finish her sentence, the box quickly dashed across the floor and disappeared from their sight.

jUw8HmG.png

They were all frozen with either fear, confusion or a mixture of both. They all looked at each other.

Victoria: I’m not the only 1 that saw that right?!

James: Well… that man said something about a box. Maybe it’s true. Whatever he was saying.

Ame: But… how does a box just move on its own like that?

Victoria: I’m not sure. I just hope we don’t run into it again. Or even more of them.

James: Let’s just keep going.

The 3 continued to go through the building. As they continued through, they would pass some people that were inside and they would only talk about boxes. 1 person even said that 1 time he had talked to a box and it talked back. Victoria was weirded out, Ame was irritated and James confused about this whole situation. As they continued to go through the slums, they came across yet another box.

1iPIXcr.png

Victoria: This 1 is gonna move too isn’t it?

Ame: Look, there’s gotta be a reason why the boxes are moving.

James: Well how do we get passed this.

Victoria: Maybe you should touch it to make sure that it doesn’t try to attack us or anything?

Ame: It won’t move. It CAN’T move.

James: Alright. Alright. I’ll touch it.

James slowly reached his hand out towards the box. When he was near it, he tapped it. Nothing happened. He tapped it again. Nothing. James and Victoria felt better about this situation. But as James was about to push the box away, it made some kind of noise and scurried away into the next room. James screamed in fear and jumped back. Ame and Victoria were shocked that it moved.

James: Holy Magikarp!

Victoria: Ugh! More moving boxes and now talking ones!

Ame: How… Why… What is going on?!

James: I have no clue! But we can’t just stay here. We gotta keep going.

Victoria: Right.

Ame: Yea. Let’s keep going. I think we’re close to the exit.

Victoria: That’s even better.

The 3 resumed the little journey through the slums. They were hoping they didn’t encounter the box again. Once in the next room, they could see a person looking at a box but unlike the 1 they saw, this 1 was opened.

Young Man: Whoa.

Ame: What is it?

Young Man: I think… I think this box just give birth to a Pokemon.

James: …You think what now?

Ame: Box give birth to Pokemon? Hmm.

Victoria: What is it Ame?

Ame: I think I might know what’s going on with the debris in here. But there will be more time to think about that later. Come on. We’re almost out.

They walked downstairs and through the next room. James and Victoria could see the smile on Ame’s face as they went into the next room. They assumed that this meant that the exit was near but when they reached the room, it seemed like there were 2 people standing there in front of the exit. The exit also had a steel grate in front of it too so they wouldn’t be able to just walk right through. They could also see the 2 boxes from their previous encounters with them.

Victoria: Who are they?

James: I’m not sure. Keep your guard up.

Ame: -chuckles-

James: What is it hun?

Ame: I figured it out.

Victoria: Figured what out?

Ame: The boxes and how they’re able to move and make noise.

Victoria: So how is that possible then?

Before am answered, the little person that was next to the taller person turned around and revealed itself to be a Scraggy. The 2 boxes started to be lifted up but it was actually 2 Scraggy’s that were underneath them. The taller person turned around but it was actually a Scrafty. James and Victoria were surprised but Ame didn’t.

sCgVaY6.png

Ame: Of course. I forgot about the Scrafty Gang being down here.

Victoria: Scrafty Gang?

Ame: Yea. I got a call about this Scrafty and 3 Scraggy’s about causing trouble down here. Basically doing what they were doing to us. But since most of the people down here are usually drunk or on something, they get spooked out or annoyed quicker than usual.

Victoria: So… all this time it was just the Scraggy under the boxes. Well I feel better now.

James: Wait… “The box knows. It protects the exit. The master is there.” That’s what the guy at earlier meant with that. They know about us wanting to go through. They protect this exit. And that Scrafty must be their master.

The Scrafty looked right at James. The 2 locked eyes onto each other. James could tell that a battle was gonna break out soon between the gang and himself.

James: Victoria, guard where we came just in case more are here and try to intervene!

Victoria: Right! Got it!

Ame: Right! I’l help y-

Scrafty: SCRAFTY SCR!

Ame: Huh?!

James: No. It wants to face me for some reason. Probably the whole gang.

Ame: Well what should I do?!

James: You guard where we came from too!

Ame: Alright James. You got this.

Victoria and Ame took their positions by the door near them. James grabbed 2 of his PokeBalls. Scrafty smiled and ordered 2 of the Scraggy’s out to the battlefield. James threw out the PokeBalls and the battle started.

Shockingly, this was the toughest battle he had come across in his journey here in Reborn. They knocked out a lot of his Pokemon but luckily, James was able to come out with a victory, even with the leader coming into the battle. Ame and Victoria went to James’ side.

Victoria: You did it!

Ame: Nice going James! -kisses him-

James: -returns the kiss- Thanks.

Scrafty struggled to get up to his feet but eventually was able to. At this put all the Scraggy rushed out of the room. Scrafty again locked eyes with James. James got ready for another attack. But it didn’t happen. Scrafty looked at the steel grate that was covering the exit and then back to the group. It smiled and removed the grate. He looked back at them, gave them a thumbs up and then ran into the next room.

Ame: What just happened?

James: I think it considers us part of its gang.

Victoria: Ohh… I don’t know how I feel about that.

Ame: Well, as long as they don’t cause trouble here, they can stay here. Now come on! We’re right at the exit!

They rushed through the door which led them to another room. The door they found there though led to the outside. They felt so good to finally be out of there and back into civilization.

Victoria: Ohh thank Arceus we’re out of there.

James: Looks like you were right hun. It’s evening.

Ame: Told you. Hmm?

Ame looked upwards and could see 2 policemen blocking the path to go up to the Obsidia Park.

Ame: Alright. I’m gonna go up there and try to talk to them to let us go through. You 2 just stay here alright?

Victoria: Sure thing Ame!

James: Sounds like a plan.

Ame: Good. -goes to the policemen-

BKUg2cl.png

Victoria: That was sure intense.

James: Tell me about it. You know, I didn’t expect to be part of a gang again.

Victoria: Again? Were you apart of 1 at some point in your life?

James: Umm… Kind of. Yea.

Victoria: Did they do bad things?

James: Uhh… Kind of. Yea. But I left that behind me a long time ago. Now I’m a better person.

Victoria: Well that’s great! I’m glad you were able to see the error of your ways and leave that group.

James: -chuckles nervously- Yea.

Ame came back to the 2. She was obviously angry.

James: Everything ok?

Ame: We can’t go through yet.

Victoria: What? But you run things here. Shouldn’t they be listening to you?

Ame: They said they can’t take any chances for what’s going on up there and even if I do run things here, apparently that makes it even a more higher priority to have it blocked off so my life isn’t in danger.

James: Well… it makes sense but I know you can take care of yourself.

Victoria: So what now?

Ame: Well, if we head south, we’ll be in the Coral Ward. Maybe we can come up with a plan down there. It’s really the only thing we can do right now.

James: Well ok. Coral Ward it is then!

The 3 began to walk down to the Coral Ward. They needed to find a way to get passed the policemen and finally get to the Obsidia Park and take care of the plant life situation once and for all.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 19

Nature: Naughty/Ability: Intimidate

Held Item: None

Moveset: Flame Wheel/Roar/Bite/Leer

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 19

Nature: Brave/Ability: Water Absorb

Moveset: Drain Punch/Feint Attack/Needle Arm/Growth

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 19

Nature: Modest/Ability: Levitate

Moveset: Confusion/Yawn/Astonish/Growl

vLkw1Sj.gif

Mime Jr./Male/Level 19

Nature: Modest/Ability: Filter

Moveset: Confusion/Barrier/Nasty Plot/Mimic

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 20

Nature: Adamant/Ability: Levitate

Moveset: Bite/Bind/Vine Whip/Growth

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 19

Nature: Calm/Ability: Mummy

Moveset: Night Shade/Protect/Hex/Haze

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 20

Nature: Modest/Ability: Effect Spore

Held Item: Rose Incense

Moveset: Mega Drain/Absorb/Feint Attack/Growth

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 19

Nature: Modest/Ability: Contrary

Moveset: Foul Play/Hypnosis/Tackle/Reflect

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 19

Nature: Sassy/Ability: Merciless

Held Item: Sea Incense

Moveset: Bite/Poison Sting/Peck/Toxic Spikes

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Ame: (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - She wasn't too freaked out with the debris moving around as they went through the slums. She's pretty smart.

Victoria: (8/10 NO CHANGE!) - He can see why she was afraid of going through the slums by herself. She was of great use getting through it though.

• Like 3

koaAXau.png

The 3 of them went down towards the Coral Ward. When they got down there, they could see it was really foggy. James wasn’t expecting this. They looked around the place in hopes of finding a way to get past the policemen. But after about some time searching, they couldn’t find anything. They gathered around in the ward to think of something.

Yyy93Sm.png

Victoria: So what do we do now? We didn’t find anything or another way of getting to Obsidia Park.

James: I’m not sure but we can’t just give up.

Ame: James is right. We have to get through. Florinia is waiting for us there.

James: Maybe 1 of us can cause a diversion of some sort?

Ame: I’m not sure. The policemen in Reborn are kind of stubborn and don’t really leave their post unless ordered to.

James: Well phewy. You have any ideas Victoria?… Victoria?

Victoria: Hey. There’s someone on the docks.

Ame and James turned around to see who Victoria was looking at. James had no idea who it was but Ame did. The 3 ran over to the person on the dock. She had green-blue hair and was wearing all blue. When the group came up closer, she turned to them and noticed Ame.

aDnh0qQ.png

???: Ame! Hi! It’s been a while since we last saw each other.

Ame: It has. How are you doing?

???: I’m doing alright. You?

Ame: I’m doing alright as well.

???: That’s great to hear.

James: Uhh… no offense but who is she?

Amaria: Ohh! I’m sorry! I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Amaria.

James: Hello.

Victoria: Hi there.

Ame: Amaria, this girl here is Victoria and this is James. Me and him are actually kind of boyfriend and girlfriend right now.

Amaria: That’s amazing news! Congrats! Maybe when this has settled down and you have more free time, you 2 can go on a double date with Titania and I?

Ame: Maybe.

James: Who’s Titania?

Amaria: She’s my significant other.

Ame: And she’s also 1 of Reborn’s Gym Leaders.

James: Ohh. Well I’ll have to meet her someday for a Gym Battle.

Amaria: Well in that case, you’ll have to battle me too. I’m a Gym Leader as well!

James: Ohh wow! Well that would be great.

Victoria: So what are you doing here Amaria? Could you not get past the policemen as well?

Amaria: No. It’s that Popplio on that Lighthouse over there. It’s trapped there. The water is so polluted that any Water Pokemon trying to swim in there would instantly get hurt. I’ve been trying to find a way to save it but no luck.

Ame: Damn!

James: Ame?

Ame: It’s… it’s ok. I’m ok. It is a problem.

Victoria: Well what do we do?

???: Hey there you guys.~ What’s up?

The 4 of them looked over. Coming towards them was Cain. It had been about a day since James last saw Cain. He was happy to see him again. Cain came right up to James.

v7rbjgn.png

Cain: So how you all doing?

Victoria: What are you doing here Cain?

Cain: I was about to go to the Bybyxsion Wasteland to meet up with my sister when I saw the lot of you piled up over here and I wanted to see what was up.

Amaria: That Popplio there is trapped over there and we can’t get to it.

Cain: Hmm… Naw.

James: Uhh… What do you mean?

Cain: You’ll see. Come on out Grimer!

Alolan Grimer: Grimer!

Cain: ~ You’re not alone, so have no doubt, we’ll put our heads together, gonna figure this out ~

Amaria: Why is he singing at a time like this?

Ame: If this were anyone else, I’d question it too. But it makes too much sense with Cain the 1 doing it.

Cain: My sweet little Grimer, could you get into the river and rescue Popplio over there?

Alolan Grimer: Grimer Grime!

Cain: ~ Each 1 of us knows just what to do

And we’re never gonna stop - gonna stop - searching for you ~

The Alolan Grimer hopped into the water and started to swim over to where the Popplio was. Since it was a Poison Type Pokemon, the polluted waters didn’t bother it. Cain yelled over to the Popplio to hop onto the back of Grimer. It was hesitant at 1st but it eventually did and the Alolan Grimer carried the it back to the docks safe and sound.

gt31m9n.png

Cain: ~ Oh, baby, listen to me

We’re gonna - gonna - gonna set you free, yea ~

Amaria: That! Was! AMAZING!

Cain: Yeeeaaa. I get that a lot. Usually from boys though.

James: Nice job Cain.

Victoria: You’re really something.

Ame: Only you Cain but that was smart.

Cain: Ohh it was no problem. Just happy I could help. Well Popplio is safe now. Grimer, return! -returns Alolan Grimer back to its PokeBall- Later everyone.~

Cain started to walk off the deck but as he did, the Popplio he had just rescued started to follow him. It seemed like the little Pokemon wanted to come along with him.

James: Hey Cain. Someone wants to follow you.

Cain: Hmm? -turns around- Popplio?

qQhJdZ6.png

Amaria: I think he’s taken a liking to you.

Cain: Well it’s a cutie. That’s for sure. You wanna come with me Popplio?

Popplio: Pop Popplio!

The little Pokemon waddled over to Cain and rubbed its head up against his leg. He knelt down and patted the Pokemon on its head.

Cain: Well I guess I got my answer. I’ll keep you safe from now on, little buddy.

Popplio: Pop Pop Popplio!

The little Pokemon looked back towards the group and seemed to have a determined look come across its face. Amaria then realized something.

Amaria: Ohh I get it.

James: What?

Amaria: It doesn’t want to be protected anymore. I think it wants to return the favor.

Popplio: Lio!

Amaria: -chuckles- Gotta look out for your Trainer too right Popplio?

Victoria: Aww. That’s adorable.

Amaria: James right?

James: Mhm.

Amaria: Why don’t you give it a battle?

James: Wait. Me?

Cain: Well I don’t mind. I’ve heard of worst ideas.

Ame: Go on hun. Give them a good battle.

Cain: I guess this is our rematch James.

James: Alright. I’m not gonna hold back though!

James grabbed a PokeBall from his belt, threw it out and the battle began. Cain had really trained his Pokemon up since the last time they battled. He was actually somewhat surprised at how strong he got his team to be. In the end though, James was able to come out on top. The 2 Trainers returned their Pokemon back to their PokeBalls.

Amaria: Ohh! I’m sorry. I didn’t realize how strong James was.

James: You thought I was gonna lose?!

Amaria: I, uhh…

Ame: The 2 of you battled beautifully.

Victoria: Yea. Nice job to you both!

Cain: Thanks.~ James is full of surprises though. And all in the right ways too.~

Ame: What do you mean?

Cain: Ohh nothing.~ I should get going though. If I don’t handle a certain something out there fast, I’ll never live it down. I’ll see you all later! -leaves the area-

Amaria: Well I’m glad that Popplio isn’t gonna have a good Trainer.

James: I don’t think it could have gotten a better Trainer than Cain to be honest.

Ame: Wait… Ohh geez!

Victoria: What’s wrong?

Ame: We gott so sidetracked with this, we forgot about the whole Obsidia Ward situation!

James: Ohh… yea… whoops…

Amaria: Ohh! You all are going there too?

Ame: Yea! Are you going there as well?

Amaria: Yea. I was supposed to be there some time ago but then I saw the Popplio and I guess I got sidetracked too. We should go there now!

Victoria: We tried but there were policemen blocking the path. We couldn’t get through.

Amaria: Don’t worry. It’s darker now. They prob left their post now and we’ll be able to go right on through.

Ame: Alright. Let’s go then!

The now 4 man group made their way back up towards Obsidia Ward and to Obsidia Park. James, Ame and Victoria were surprised that Amaria was right about the policemen. When they made it to where they were a while ago, they were gone. This meant that the group could finally get to Obsidia Park and put an end to this plant life frenzy. Luckily, it didn’t take too long to get there. The group soon spotted Florinia and ran over to her.

ZGkaHES.png

Amaria: Hey Florinia! Sorry for the long wait.

Florinia: Apologies aren’t needed. Time wastes. Let us proceed.

Ame: So the problem is there huh?

Florinia: Confirmed.

Victoria: But there are tress and vines blocking the way forward. What do we do?

Florinia: You must cut the tree down. Here is the TM for it. -hands it over to James-

James: Thanks.

Ame: Ohh yea! That reminds me!

Ame started to dig around her pockets for something. A couple of seconds later, she pulled out a PokeBall but it looked weird. It wasn’t perfectly circular and the button in the center of the ball was out more than the usual PokeBalls. She handed the strange ball to James.

Ame: Here. This should help you.

James: Umm… thanks but… what is this thing?

Ame: We don’t have a name for it but it’s to be used to use certain TM’s. Like Cut. Just push the button in the center and the device will turn into the item you need for the job.

James: Ohh wow. That’s useful. I bet a lot of people love these things.

Ame: You’re actually the only 1 to have 1.

James: The only 1? How?

Ame: We only just started trying to make those very recently. That one’s a prototype but it should still work with any move.

James: Hmm. Neat.

James went up to the tree that was blocking their path. He raised the ball and pressed the button. The balls started to shake a lot. Suddenly, it leaped up into the air and changed its shape and then fell to the ground. James picked up what seemed to be an axe. Everyone, except for Florinia, seemed impressed with this. He then grasped it as hard as he could and swung at the tree with just 3 swings, the tree was cut down. The axe then turned back into the ball and he put it into his pocket.

Ame: Well that was certainly something. I’ll have to give newer versions some tweaks but that should suffice for you for now.

Victoria: That was pretty cool. But what now? The path’s opened.

Florinia: Amaria and I shall continue into the Park. You 3 stay here and protect the entrance from more Team Meteor members. If we need assistance, we will let you know.

Ame: Alright. Sounds fair to me.

Amaria: Let’s go Florinia.

James: Be careful you 2.

Amaria and Florinia ventured into the Obsidia Park. James, Ame and Victoria stood back to back in case any Team Meteor Grunts tried to get into the park and stop the plan. But something seemed to have gone wrong. The screams of Amaria and Florinia could be heard. The 3 turned towards the scream. They knew the 2 were in trouble.

Kr2Z6ne.png

James: Great! Now what?

Ame: Well we still need to stop this whole ordeal.

Victoria: I’ll stay back here and continue to guard the entrance.

James: Which means me and Ame will go save Amaria and Florinia.

Ame: Yea. Yea ok. I like that plan. Let’s do this.

James and Ame entered the park as Victoria stayed behind guarding the entrance. The 2 soon came face to face with a Team Meteor Admin. Behind him was some kind of machine with a Tangrowth in it. They could also see some vines holding Amaria and Florinia up in the air by their necks.

SWH7TFB.png

Ame: Hey! What are you doing?!

???: I TOLD you they would get here too soon! If you had made this machine go faster…

???: No! Tangrowth wouldn’t be able to take anymore!

???: The speed has already been optimized. Be glad the Pokemon was able to capture those 2 girls!

???: You’re really strong to be able to do everything so well Tangrowth!

James and Ame looked at each other in confusion. This individual was talking as if there were other people next to him. They looked around the area but could see no 1 but him.

James: Hey! Who are you talking to?! You’re the only person here!

Ame: Stop ignoring us and tell us who you are!

???: I guess we shouldn’t ignore the problem in front of us any longer.

???: Hello there. Umm, my name is Lumi-

???: Only the 4 of you entered? We expected more.

Ame: What do you mean we?!

James: Where are the others?!

???: You lot will be easy to deal with.

???: Um, it might be more polite if we introduced ourselves. I’m-

???: You’ve already introduced yourself Lumi. Needlessly at that! I, however, am Zero.

???: I am Eve. Collectively we are referred to as ZEL.

The 2 were more confused than ever. This person now was saying that he had 3 names with the 1st letters of each name being what they wanted to be called. It didn’t make sense to them.

James: Are you saying that there’s more people like… inside you ro something?

zEl: That’s not important at this time.

Zel: What’s more important is that we’re not gonna let you touch the PULSE!

Ame: The PULSE? Is that what you call that machine?

zeL: Yes. I take it though that you all came here to stop it though right?

James: Yes! We’re gonna stop that machine and stop the destruction you’re causing throughout the ward!

Zel: Like I said, we ain’t letting you touch it!

zeL: Y-Yea! Eve built this all by herself!

Ame: What does it even do anyways?

zEl: The Link System is a simple hybridization-amplification mechanic.

James: Hybrid what?

zEl: With this machine, it can manipulate even the smallest root into a massive arbor wrecking ball!

James: I don’t care what that machine does! I’m gonna stop it and have the ward go back to normal!

zEl: You think you can stop it? Try ti then!

Ame: Be careful James.

James grabbed a PokeBall from his belt and threw it out onto the field. The person commanded the Tangrowth to step off of the machine and onto the battle field. But before the battle officially began, ZEL pushed a button on his wrist. The Tangrowth started to transform. This threw James and Ame for a loop.

James: What… What is going on!? Is that Mega Evolution?!

Ame: It can’t be! Tangrowth doesn’t have 1!

Zel: Do you feel the fear now?!

zEl: This is PULSE Evolution. It’s like Mega Evolution but we think it’s better.

Ame: You forced it to evolve more?!

James: That’s just messed up!

Zel: Good luck taking it down!

The battle started. A normal Tangrowth would have been hard to take down but a forced Mega Evolution 1 was even harder to defeat. It’s defenses seemed to be higher than usual. But it also seemed to have a new typing added onto its already Grass Typing for a Psychic type move seemed to had hurt it more than it should have. Luckily for James, he was able to defeat the Tangrowth. It returned back to its normal form and fainted to the ground. The vines that were visible above the ground could be seen going back underneath the ground. Pretty soon, the whole ward was back to normal. Well, besides the huge cracks in the ground caused by this whole mess. Amaria and Florinia were on the ground gasping for breath as they were free from the vines. ZEL seemed quite upset.

zEl: Next time let’s fight with our Pokemon and not the 1 that’s being used to destroy a place Zero!

zeL: Tangrowth… I’m sorry… I should have intervened…

Zel: Don’t you dare yell at me! You said this machine would make it stronger!

zEl: You misjudged it and that was the key factor. Nonetheless, with the operation failed, we should gather up the machine and retreat.

James: Good! We don’t wanna see you here ever again!

Zel: Hmph. James right?

James: Yea. Why?

Zel: Don’t think this is over.

Ame: Just get going.

ZEL packed up the machine and scurried out of the area. At this point, Amaria and Florinia had gotten their breath back and Victoria had rejoined with everyone. They were all glad that this mess was finally over.

rmpnFwO.png

Victoria: Wow. You guys did it!

Amaria: Thank James. He’s the 1 that defeated the bad guy. Me and Florinia got captured almost immediately as soon as we came in there. I’m impressed James.

James: It was nothing really.

Ame: That person though… That was a really weird guy.

Florinia: Presumably that person, if they can be referred to as a single subject, was an operator of Team Meteor. I project that our observances do not compose the entirety of their assault.

James: Uhh…

Ame: Pretty sure she means that just because we stopped them here, we didn’t stop them everywhere.

Amaria: It has to be true! A lot of bad things have been happening here lately. Between the Jasper and Beryl Wards, Azurine Lake, Grandview Station and now this…

Victoria: Team Meteor might be a bigger threat than any of us had imagined. I’m sure we can figure out what to do though.

Amaria: Yea. You’re right Victoria. Thanks for your help everyone! I don’t think it would have been possible without all of you! See you later! -leaves the area-

Florinia: Very well. The immediate crisis is resolved. I shall be returning to my Gym in the Onyx Ward. I will be expecting your attendance there tomorrow James. Farewell. -leaves the area-

Victoria: Well, it looks like you have to prepare yourself for your 2nd Gym Battle huh James?

James: Yea. I’m determined to win. But I’m also glad that this is all over with and we can calm down somewhat now.

Ame: Yea. Still though… Team Meteor is not something I was preparing for. Be on alert at all times in your travels alright you 2?

Victoria: Yes.

James: Of course hun.

Victoria: Well, I think I’m gonna go train some more before I rest up. I think the slums will be a great place to train.

James: Good luck to you on your training Victoria. I think I’m gonna turn in for the night.

Ame: I’m with you hun. This whole ordeal has exhausted me. Goodbye Victoria.

Victoria: Bye Ame. Bye James.

James: See you later Victoria.

Victoria headed for the slums as James and Ame headed back to the Grand Hall so they could sleep and rest up for the next day. James would be battling for his 2nd Gym Badge and he was excited for it. When they made it back, they went to their room, crawled into bed and drifted off to sleep.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 20

Moveset: Flame Wheel/Roar/Bite/Leer

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 21

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 21

Moveset: Confusion/Yawn/Astonish/Growl

vLkw1Sj.gif

Mime Jr./Male/Level 20

Moveset: Confusion/Barrier/Nasty Plot/Mimic

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 20

Moveset: Bite/Bind/Vine Whip/Growth

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 21

Moveset: Night Shade/Protect/Hex/Will-O-Wisp

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 20

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 20

Moveset: Foul Play/Hypnosis/Tackle/Reflect

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 20

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Ame: (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - She invented a thing where do you don't have to waste a TM on a Pokemon to use the move outside of battle. That's great.

Amaria: +5 (5/10) - Seems to be an ok girl. Although she did kind of sidetracked everyone from the main threat for a bit.

Cain: (10/10 NO CHANGES!) - James was happy to see him again and it was great to see him rescue and keep a Pokemon. The battle was pretty good too.

ZEL: +0 (0/10) - What the heck is wrong with this person? They talked as if there were 3 people around. Definitely a bad dude though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

6FpPDi8.png

Throughout the night, James kept having these weird dreams. He would dream that Team Meteor would steel his Pokemon and do some kind of experiments on them. And when he would try to get them back, he would have no choice but to battle them. But when in battle, they would PULSE evolve and become these hideous creatures. It was obvious that they were in pain from this forced evolution but they were being controlled for evil and James couldn’t even attempted to attack them. So every time he would lose and they would use his own Pokemon in PULSE form to kill him. In his last dream, he creamed for real and woke himself and Ame up.

Ame: What the- What’s going on?!

James: Oh my god! Oh my god! I’m… I’m still here… Those were just dreams.

Ame: James? Are you ok?

James: I am now. I was having these horrible dreams all night long.

Ame: Ohh. I’m sorry hun. What were they about?

James: Team Meteor kidnapped my Pokemon and made them evolve into that… PULSE form… I couldn’t hurt them so they’d make them…

Ame: It’s ok James. It’s ok. -hugs him-

James: -hugs her back- Wow… Seeing that PULSE Tangrowth yesterday must have really gotten into my head more than I thought.

Ame: It was definitely a scary sight to see. But hey. Try to focus on your Gym Battle today.

James: Yea… Yea. You’re right. What time is it even?

Ame: It’s 8 in the morning. We should get ready for the day.

James: Yea. I need to get my 2nd Gym Badge today.

Ame: That’s right sweetie! Just focus on that and you’ll surely win!

James smiled but on the inside he was still a little freaked out about his dreams. The 2 of them did their daily routine and got ready for their day. They then went up the stairs. Ame stayed behind the counter as James went on ahead of it and turned around facing her.

Ame: Alright. You ready hun?

James: As ready as I’ll ever be.

Ame: You’ll do fine hun. Don’t worry.

James: So how do I get to her Gym?

Ame: Ahh yes. I guess you don’t know where it is. Alright. Give me the Pokegear.

James: Ok. -hands Ame the Pokegear- Here you go.

Ame: -opens the map app- Alright. So remember where Obsidia Park is? From there, just keep going up. The Gym is in this ward called the Onyx Ward. It’s actually inside of the Onyx Trainer School. Just go inside, take a left and you’ll be in her arena. If I know her, she’ll have a class in the room with her so-

James: Wait. A class?

Ame: Yea. She teaches classes there. So whenever she has someone challenge her to a Gym Battle, she has her students study the battle and take notes.

James: Ohh. Great. Seems I’ll be having an audience for this battle then.

Ame: Don’t worry hun. You got this. Now good luck today. Come back here when you’re done ok?

James: Sure hun. Later.

The 2 leaned over the desk and kissed each other. James then turned around and exited the Grand Hall, starting his walk to the Onyx Trainer School. It didn’t take long for him to get to the Obsidia Park and then the Onyx Ward. Some people there were in the mood to battle which he accepted because that would get his Pokemon even stronger for the upcoming Gym Battle. James then finally made it to the entrance of the building. He looked at the structure.

OjxQTfB.png

It felt weird to him to have a Gym inside of a school but it felt right for Reborn. He took a deep breath and walked inside but who he was facing once inside didn’t make things feel better.

IfaOMwc.png

Fern: Well if it isn’t James.

James: Fern? What are you doing here?

Fern: A little birdie told me you were coming here.

James: Well yea. I’m gonna challenge your sister to a Gym Battle.

Fern: Well plans have changed.

James: What do you mean?

Fern: See James, I know you. You may have gotten lucky with beating me and defeating the 1st Gym Leader of Reborn, but let’s be real here. Julia isn’t that much of a challenge. Anyways, you don’t deserve to challenge her.

James: What?! Of course I do!

Fern: You may think you do but I know better and I know you don’t deserve to. You’re not good enough. But because I know you won’t leave on you’re own, I’ll just have to stop you. Trey, go tell the other kids to not let Ribbon in. Skye, go hit the switch for the gate.

Fern’s 2 lackey’s did as they were ordered to do. James was furious with what Fern was doing. He knew he deserved to challenge Florinia to a Gym Battle.

James: Fern, this is no time for games! Get out of the way!

Fern: No James. Maybe you don’t understand why I’m doing this.

James: I honestly don’t care the reason. This is unacceptable.

Fern: Well I’m gonna tell you anyways. Don’t get me wrong. It’s not like I’m trying to stick up for the Flobot. -slowly backs up- But it’s a matter of our family and our school’s pride.

Suddenly, a gate popped up from out of the ground, blocking James from being able to go any further in. He was getting even more furious now at what was happening.

ViJhgAh.png

Fern: And you’re not worthy. -leaves the area-

James: Fern? Fern! Get back here and get rid of this gate! Fern?! Ugh!

James banged on the gate trying to get someone’s attention but no 1 came. With no other choice, he exited the building and searched for another entrance. It didn’t take him long to find 1 but when he went to enter, a student stopped him.

Gx2QHyp.png

OTS Student: Wait. Is your name James?

James: Yea. Why?

OTS Student: Ahh. You’re not allowed in.

James: Let me guess. 1 of Fern’s lackey’s?

OTS Student: Not his lackey. What Fern says goes in this school.

James: Look, I just came here for a Gym Battle. Just let me go.

OTS Student: Sorry dude but no entry. Not unless you think you can beat me in a battle. -chuckles-

James: -sighs- Fine. Let’s get this over with.

OTS Student: Wait. You’re gonna battle me?

James: Well it’s either that or I keep arguing with you and nothing happens.

OTS Student: Pfft. Fine. This is gonna be easy.

The 2 threw out their PokeBalls and the battle began. Luckily for James however, it didn’t take too long for him to defeat the boy. The 2 then returned their Pokemon back to their PokeBalls.

OTS Student: But… But that’s-

James: Can I go in now?

OTS Student: Whatever.

James: Good. Ohh. And you have better stuff to do than listen to what Fern says.

OTS Student: Maybe.

James walked into the doors and was amazed to see a healing center inside the building. He was relieved that he wouldn’t have to walk all the way back to Obsidia Ward just to heal his Pokemon. James started to his walk through the school to try to find a way to get to the place he was at before. But each time he would get a little further into the school, a student of the Onyx Trainer School would stop him and try to make him leave thanks to Fern. James was able to push through though and also make his Pokemon stronger. At last, he was where he was when Fern tried to stop him. He walked into the next room and standing in front of the door way which was to presumably go to the Gym Arena was Fern. Both of them got an annoyed look on their faces.

dsmvdSi.png

Fern: Of course. Those idiots can’t do anything right.

James: I got past your group of lackey’s Fern. Now let me through.

Fern: Look, James, I’m doing you a favor here.

James: Doing me a favor?

Fern: Yea. I mean you’re just a loser anyways. Don’t take that personally.

James: You know, maybe back in my past I was but right now… Well, I’m not 1 right now.

Fern: -chuckles- Once a loser, always a loser. Just listen. I am doing YOU a favor. By not letting you take on my sister and her humiliating you in our Gym, I’m helping you. But to top it off, you won’t even thank me!

James: Thank you?! Are you nuts?! If I can’t beat her, then that’s enough to show that I don’t deserve to face her.

Fern: I’m gonna give you a chance here. Just turn around, go home and give up.

James: No. I’m gonna keep going. So PLEASE move out of the way!

Fern: I figured you wouldn’t. Not smart enough to listen to me.

James: How about this? We battle. If you win, I’ll leave and if I win, I get to face your sister. Fair enough?

Fern: Psh. Fine. Have it your way. Don’t cry when you lose though.

The 2 grabbed their PokeBalls and threw them out to start the battle. This battle was way different from their 1st battle. James seemed to have an easier time defeating Fern. James was very happy with the results of the battle. Not only because of how fast he beat him but also that he’d finally be able to face Florinia. Fern returned his Pokemon back to their PokeBall. He was obviously annoyed with the outcome of the match.

James: Well I won the match. I get to face your sister now.

Fern: … You’re seriously infuriating James. I mean it. You know, I think I get it now. You think you’re SO fucking cool, just because you’re doing the whole Gym League thing huh?

James: I’m only doing this because I want an adventure. Not to feel cool or whatever.

Fern: You know what? No. 2 can play at this game.

James: What do you mean?

Fern: You’re not the only 1 that can take on the League. I’m gonna sign up myself and take on the Gym Leaders. If someone like you can do it, it’ll be easy for me. I should thank you James but I won’t. I’ve got things to do. Later loser!

Fern walked past James and then seemingly to the Grand Hall to sign up for the League. James face palmed out of annoyance. He also felt like he had gotten a headache from all of what just happened. But he was also excited that he’d finally be able to take on Florinia for his 2nd Gym Badge.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 23

Moveset: Fire Fang/Flame Wheel/Bite/Leer

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 23

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 23

Moveset: Extrasensory/Astonish/Confusion/Yawn

vLkw1Sj.gif

Mime Jr./Male/Level 23

Moveset: Confusion/Light Screen/Nasty Plot/Mimic

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 22

Moveset: Bite/Ingrain/Vine Whip/Growth

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 23

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 22

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 23

Moveset: Foul Play/Hypnosis/Psybeam/Reflect

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 22

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Fern: (0/10 NO CHANGE!) - So! Annoying! Hopefully James doesn't see him for a long time. Each time they meet, it just gets worse and worse.

• 4 months later...

aFGwClY.png

James walked through the doors above him. When he came to the next room, Florinia was standing there. It seemed like she was waiting there for James. Before James could say anything or move up to her, she spoke in her usual emotionless voice.

9ptlOod.png

Florinia: James, it seems you have made it here. Albeit, later than I thought you would.

James: Sorry about that. Your brother really put this battle on hold though.

Florinia: I see. Well, are you ready for our battle?

James: Of course I am!

Florinia: Before the battle, I’d like for you to observe the door behind me.

James: Huh? Observe the door behind you?

Florinia moved out of the way so James could get a better look. It looked like an ordinary door. But as he looked closer, he could see that the colorful lines on it were strapped together in a weird way. He walked up to it and tried to move them out of the way but no matter how hard he pulled or pushed, they wouldn’t budge. The door was shut.

James: What’s this? Why won’t they move?

Florinia: It’s because you haven’t finished your quiz.

James: My… quiz?

Florinia: Yes. Follow me if you will.

Florinia walked towards the door James had recently came out of. James followed her. They walked back to the room with a lot of computers. Florinia stopped in front of some of them and so did James. He was still very confused on what was going on here.

eZ4mIpW.png

James: So… what quiz am I supposed to-

Florinia: -puts over to the pair of computers- Do you see those computers there?

James: Yes?

Florinia: You are to go up to them and answer them correctly.

James: Why?

Florinia: In order for you to challenge me to a Gym Battle, you must 1st complete the quiz. Otherwise, our battle will never happen.

James: I gotta take a quiz?! But I was horrible at these when I was little!

Florinia: Feel free to read the books in the school. They will be valuable information to you for these quizzes. There are 8 questions in all.

James: What!? Ugh!

Florinia: When you are finished, the doors you saw earlier will be opened and I will be in there waiting for your challenge. I expect to see you there today.

James: But-

James couldn’t get a sentence out as Florinia walked out of the room and back to her Gym Arena. James looked at the 2 computers in front of him and sighed. He hated taking quizzes and hated studying. But if this is what he had to do to challenge a Gym Leader, he had to do it. He looked at all of the questions on the computer screens. 3 out of 8 of them were true or false questions. He decided to guess with them. He picked true to all of them and luckily, he got those 3 correct. That meant that he only had 5 questions left to answer. After reading each question, he’d go around the school and read a book about that specific question.

qQQB5Ta.png

ryGhJGC.png

6dxZ95b.png

It took a bit but he finally answered all 8 questions. At this point though, he had a strong headache from studying so much. He kind of wished that Fern was here. At least that headache wasn’t as painful or annoying. James went back to the room where he met Florinia before and saw that the door was now fully open. Before he went in though, he saw the computer terminal there. Which meant he would be able to talk to Ame. He pressed the call button and soon enough, Ame’s face popped up on the screen.

uf3ZdoR.png

Ame: Hey James!

James: Hey hun. How are you doing?

Ame: I’m alright. Been investigating some stuff on the other Wards but ehh. How are you doing? I didn’t think it’d take this long to get to the computer terminal.

James: Florinia had me do a quiz and I’m not really a good studier or whatever you call people who study.

Ame: Ahh. I see. Doesn’t shock me. It’s been like that for a while with her.

James: I see. So what do I need to know about her?

Ame: Well for starters, her fighting style is a little different from what you might expect from a Grass Type user.

James: Yea? How so?

Ame: Her team is centered around sand.

James: Around sand?

Ame: That’s right. We like to call it her “Desert Rose” fighting style. She’ll try to stall you out and take you down with residual sand damage and other status effects.

James: That sounds annoying… Then again, her brother is more annoying than her.

Ame: Mhm. She’s all about knowledge and strategy. Check out your app and search for a field called the Desert Field. You’ll learn more stuff.

James: I will. Thanks hun. See you later.

Ame: Bye sweetie. Good luck!

The screen went black and the call was over. James took out his PokeGear and looked at the Field Notes. He luckily found the Desert Field and took a look at it.

9bwsjDu.png

IemLdFz.png

James: Hmm… Doesn’t seem like TOO much stuff changes here. It’s basically a good place to power up Ground Type moves. I think this will be more even than the battle I had with Julia.

He closed the app and entered the room. When he got through to the next room, he could see Florinia standing on the other side of the battle field.

ZFmUIHR.png

But when he looked over to his side, he could see a bunch of students sitting on some bleachers. He didn’t know he’d be having an audience with his Gym Battle against Florinia.

James: Who are all of them?

Florinia: They are students. When they have time, I allow students to observe my battles with Gym Challengers to show them the rights and wrongs of the battle.

James: Ohh. I see. Well I guess I can understand that. This is much less awkward now.

Florinia: Now James, your assistance in the Meteor-related affairs is appreciated. However, that alone fails to merit the appropriation of a badge.

James: Well I know that. I just did that to help you all out some.

Florinia: Nevertheless, our battle will commence shortly. Students, please take notes on standard battling procedure.

Students: Yes Miss Florinia!

Florinia: Hypothesis: Subject displays insufficient data for conclusive success.

James: Umm… What?

Florinia: Expected outcome: Failure.

James: I’m not so sure what exactly you’re saying but it sounds like you think I’m gonna lose! Well I’ll teach you that this won’t be the case today!

And with that, the battle began. Much like his Gym Battle against Julia, most of Florinia’s team were easily taken out. It only started to get difficult when she brought out her Cradily. It kept raising its defenses and recovering its health. James decided to use her own strategy against her and put a status effect on it and chip at its health down until it fainted. And with that, the battle was over. The students stood up and clapped. James felt embarrassed but thanked them for congratulating him.

Students: Great match!

James: -chuckles nervously- Thanks everyone.

Florinia: Students. Silence. Please come here James.

James: -walks over to Florinia- Yes?

Florinia: Here is your Canopy Badge.

Florinia took out the badge from her pocket and placed it into James’ hand. He looked at it with excitement. This was now his 2nd Gym Victory. He couldn’t help but feel proud. Not with just himself, but also with his Pokemon. He was proud of how strong they became.

James: Alright. My 2nd Gym Badge! Thank you for the battle Florinia.

Florinia: So where do you intend to go now?

James: Umm… Hmm… I’m not really sure. I’m not familiar with the area yet soo-

Florinia: I would like to ask you for a request.

James: Uhh, sure. What is it?

Florinia: Because of my status as Leader and faculty at this school, I cannot stray far from it right now. However, there is still a crisis in this city. As you no doubt know, the Jasper and Beryl Wards have been ransacked by the same machine as Obsidia.

James: Actually, this is the 1st time I’ve heard of this.

Florinia: Hmm. That still doesn’t change what I would like to ask of you. We were luckily able to catch this crisis in Obsidia in a budding rate. However, we were not so fortunate with those wards. Being that you alone have had successful experience of terminating the previously active project, I ask you to venture to the Jasper Ward.

James: So you basically want me to go there and see if the same thing that’s happening there happened here as well. Am I right?

Florinia: Correct. I also have something for you. Could you hand me your Pokegeard for a moment?

James: Yea. Sure.

James handed the PokeGear over to Florinia. She took something out of her pocket, inserted it into the device and started to press buttons. James had no idea what she was doing but if this was going to help him somehow, then he was ok with this. A couple of seconds later, she was finished and returned the device back to James. When James looked at his PokeGear, he could see something called the PULSE Dex.

James: The PULSE Dex?

Florinia: What I just installed to your Pokegear will be able to read data output from the PULSE Machine we encountered before. There maybe others out there and if that’s the case, you’ll have to get those separately.

James: Alright. That sounds handy. Thanks Florinia.

Florinia: Yes. I will make preparations for your passage to Jasper. I would wish you good luck. However, luck is merely an illusory essentialization of statistics and is neither inherently good nor bad.

Florinia: Regardless, farewell.

The students on the bleachers got up and started to exit the room. Florinia walked passed him and also exited the room. He wasn’t exactly too sure what just happened but what he definitely knew is that he had a shiny new badge and that he was about to be confronting Team Meteor once again.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 25

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 24

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 24

vLkw1Sj.gif

Mime Jr./Male/Level 24

Moveset: Confusion/Light Screen/Nasty Plot/Mimic

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 24

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 24

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 24

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 24

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 24

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Florinia: (5/10 NO CHANGE!) - She's... a really weird person. And now slightly annoying. Buuuut she still gave James a Gym Battle and she's better than her brother.

• Like 2

6afQ0Y5.jpg

James got out of the school. He was surprised that it was already in the evening. He didn’t realize that all of that studying and quiz taking took that much time. That didn’t bother him though. As he went through Obsidia Ward, he was challenged to a couple of battled, which he of course accepted. He would do anything to make his Pokemon stronger. By the time he made it to the Grand Hall though, his Pokemon were tired. So before heading towards Jasper Ward, he went inside the Grand Hall and healed his Pokemon there. He could see Ame at the counter up more into the building. So he decided to go talk to her before continuing his adventure. Ame was happy to see him.

S8lQkLd.png

James: Hey there beautiful.

Ame: Hey there hun. So how did your Gym Battle with Florinia go?

James: -pulls out the Canopy Badge- Yep and here’s my shiny new badge.

Ame: I’m so proud of you James! Congrats!

James: Thanks. I’m so proud of my Pokemon. They worked hard to help me get this.

Ame: They have worked hard. So what are you doing now? You turning in early for the night?

James: No. I’m actually about to head over to the Jasper Ward right now.

Ame: The Jasper Ward? For what?

James: Florinia asked me if I could take care of their problem. Apparently, it’s the same thing that was causing crisis in Obsidia but it’s worse. So-

Ame: Alright. I’m gonna come with you then.

James: What? Why?

Ame: To make sure everything goes well.

James: Ame hunny, I know protecting these Wards is important but you need to stay here and do what you’re supposed to do.

Ame: But what about what’s going on in Jasper Ward? Are you really telling me that you’re gonna do it by yourself?

James: Yes. I’m more than capable enough of dealing with something like that. Besides… I need to stop Team Meteor no matter what.

Ame: …Alright. Fine. I suppose you’re right. But just please be careful.

James: I will! Don’t worry about me Ame. I’ll be fine. I’ll see you later ok?

Ame: Ok.

The 2 leaned over to each other and kissed. James then turned around and exited the Grand Hall. Ame really wanted to go follow him but she wanted to respect his wishes and let him do this on his own. James took a look at his PokeGear’s map and found where the entrance to Jasper Ward was. He walked to the Peridot Ward and then went most of the way up. He took a left and up through a gate. When he got inside, a policeman was there.

G3OqZea.png

Policeman: Sorry but no 1 is allowed passed this point.

James: But Florinia said that I was allowed to come here.

Policeman: Florinia? Wait… I recognize you now! You’re the 1 that helped out with that whole floral kerfuffle in Obsidia right?!

James: Mhm. I’m gonna see if I can do anything to help here as well.

Policeman: That’s great! I’ll gladly let you through if there’s any chance you can stop this mess at its source.

James: Is it really bad up there?

Policeman: Very. It’s a serious sorry set-up in Jasper. But the Beryl Ward is even worse. You know what’s going on here correct?

James: Yea. The same thing that happened in Obsidia.

Policeman: Yes but it’s 10 times worse.

James: Really? 10 times worse?

Policeman: Mhm. A lot of the ward is completely destroyed. We couldn’t even evacuate the citizens in time. Some are still trapped in there but we can’t do anything. The only thing we can do is keep everyone else out.

James was suddenly starting to wish that he had let Ame come with him on this little mission but he knew he had to stop Team Meteor no matter what. The policeman stepped aside to let James through. As James was about to exit the gate, the policeman stopped him once more. He told him that he should visit the Police Station before going through the Jasper Ward and speak to the chief. James nodded his head and did as the Policeman suggested. James could see the building as soon as he made it outside. He went inside and walked up to the Police Chief who was sitting behind a desk.

NFghEJ6.png

Police Chief: Greetings. I am the Chief of the Reborn City Police Department. What’s your name?

James: My name is James. It’s nice to meet you.

Police Chief: It’s nice to meet you too. What can I do you for?

James: Umm, I’m not really sure. I ran into 1 of your policeman about a minute ago and he told me that I should come in here and speak to you.

Police Chief: Ahh… I see…

James could see that the Police Chief seemed severely upset about something. Even though James was trying to save the Jasper Ward, he couldn’t help but ask the Police Chief if everything was alright.

Police Chief: The truth is that our police force is already high overextended and we can’t afford to spare more manpower at the moment.

James: Why’s that? People all over this place need you and your men’s help.

Police Chief: The reason is this. A lot of my men are turning up missing.

James: Ohh. I see. That is troubling news.

Just then, a policeman entered the building. When his eyes met James’ eyes, he started to get all excited and his facial expressions went from being completely sad to hopeful.

Police Chief: What are you doing Officer?

Policeman: Apologies for my behavior just now sir but this is James! I’ve heard about him!

Police Chief: Heard about him?

Policeman: Yea! I was stationed outside of Obsidia when Florinia asked for him to go through. He was the 1 who eventually ended up saving Obsidia!

Police Chief: Huh? You’re saying it was this person here?

James: Well I mean I did take down the thing that was making all the mess but others helped too.

Policeman: Hey. If you’re here, does that mean you’re going to help the Jasper Ward too?

James: Well that’s what Florinia asked of me. Also, I want to get rid of Team Meteor once and for all.

Police Chief: Hmm…

Policeman: What is it sir?

Police Chief: James correct?

James: Yes?

Police Chief: Being that you aren’t officially enlisted, I cannot require others to act on any orders. However, I will afford you special permission to move freely about the area.

James: Well thank you Chief. That’s very kind of you.

Police Chief: You are welcome. Although, I do ask you 1 favor of you. I know you’re already busy trying to find the cause of all this plant life destruction of the Jasper Ward but could you try to find the rest my men?

James: Hmm… Yea. I’ll help. I can look around as I deal with Team Meteor.

Police Chief: Excellent! The only lead I have is that some of them were last seen in the Jasper and Beryl Wards. I know that’s not much to go on but-

James: Nonsense. That’s plenty. I promise to search for them Chief.

Police Chief: Thank you. When you find them, please either sent them back or let us know immediately.

James: Will do!

Police Chief: Officer, stand by. I’ll have new orders for you momentarily.

Policeman: Yes sir!

The Policeman went over to the side of the counter and stood there. He exited the building and started to walk more into the Jasper Ward. As he was exploring the place, he could see the plant life really thriving here. He could also see buildings broken into pieces, toppled onto each other. It was a horrifying sight to say the least. He had no choice but to go inside the buildings and to get around the place. He could see a few people in them but they were freaked out. Who could blame them for being afraid of all this? As James was going through the broken buildings, he saw a Meteor Grunt. As he was going up to approach them, the grunt saw him, whispered something into their glove and then ran out of the building. James followed them. He exited the building and ran to the left all the way until he came to an opening. He went through and could see he was in some kind of forest area. As James cautiously walked further into the area. He eventually came across a sign.

James: Malchous Forest. Well at least this place is supposed to have plant life. Then again, it’s not supposed to have moving vines.

James continued his investigation of the woods. Eventually, he came across another Team Meteor Grunt.

b5ZXOMm.png

He tried to get information out of them but they wouldn’t say anything. So he defeated them in battle and went back to investigating. James was now battling a lot more Team Meteor Grunts as he kept getting further into the forest. He also noticed something about his Mime Jr.. Whenever the little mime Pokemon would beat an enemy, it looked like it would do a jerking motion and then go back to normal. James was worried that his friend had maybe gotten sick somehow. But he couldn’t think about that too much. He jumped down a ledge and could see a very familiar machine and a Tangrowth in it. Before he could do anything however, he heard a voice.

???: Hey there.

James: -in his mind- Damn! How did he know I was here?!

???: I figured you’d show up eventually. Come here.

James didn’t do anything for a couple of seconds. He though if he should do what this person said or no. He decided that it would be better if he listened and came out and walked up to the person. He was kind of shocked when he saw the boy. He looked way younger than any of the other Meteor people he had seen. He looked like he was at least 16. He also looked like he hadn’t gotten any sleep for a long while. He started to speak again.

XwUBeG4.png

???: So, you came here cause of this thing right?

James: And so what if I did?

James waited for an answer for a bit. The kid turned towards the Tangrowth. James could see that he didn’t seem too happy with what was going on with all of this. The boy finally spoke.

???: It’s… a real shame huh? Tangrowth’s caused a lot of damage. Both lives and homes have been lost.

James: And why do it? Why destroy them?

Taka: My name’s Taka. What’s yours?

James: …It’s James…

Taka: Thought so.

James: So you’ve been waiting here for me then?

Taka: You can say that. So you’re the 1 who stopped the PULSE in Obsidia huh?

James: Yes I am and I’m gonna stop this 1 as well.

Taka: Maybe you will. Maybe you won’t. But tell me. How familiar with the PULSE Project are you?

James: I know enough that you’re not only hurting the environment and people but also the Pokemon itself.

Taka: While that is correct, let me tell you what it stands for. Pokemon Ultimation Link-System Exaggerata-

Maybe he could see the look James was giving him or maybe he didn’t feel like saying it all but Taka stopped talking and just looked at James. He didn’t know what to think right now. This was definitely the weirdest person he’d ever met that was apart of this team.

Taka: …It basically morphs the Pokemon and it’s power…

James: So does this mean you can do this to any Pokemon?

Taka: Correct. All this destruction in the Jasper Ward? All thanks to this machine right here. There is a drawback though.

James: And what would that be?

Taka: Well it turns out that destroying a whole city region is pretty hard on a Pokemon’s body.

James: Well duh! That’s easy to tell!

Taka: You know… If I’m being honest right now, part of me wants to just set this thing free.

James: You… want to set this free? But you’re apart of Team Meteor right?

Taka: I am but it doesn’t mean I’m heartless. Alas, it seems as though I’m not allowed to. But it’d be nice right?

James: I don’t understand. If you don’t want to do this to Tangrowth, why don’t you just do the right thing and set it free?

Taka: Like I said, I’m not allowed to. I have orders to the contrary. Ohh yea. Almost forgot. 1 of my orders is to eliminate you. So don’t take this personally or anything all right?

James: You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders but yet you continue to align yourself with this team. I don’t get it but no matter! You won’t eliminate me! I shall stop you and stop this PULSE!

The 2 of them called out our Pokemon and the battle started. Despite him only having half a team, it was quite hard. His Exeggcute wasn’t all that hard but the PULSE Tangrowth and his Chatot were quite challenging to take down. Eventually, James was able to come out victorious. With the Tangrowth weakened now, the crazy plants started to die down. James was pleased with himself but the Taka kid seemed pleased too.

Taka: Ohh boo. I lost. What a pity.

James: You didn’t even want to win did you.

Taka: Heh… You know, Jasper might slowly return to normal.

James: Good. This place looks horrible as it is now.

Taka: You know there’s another 1 of these machines in Beryl Ward right?

James: I didn’t want to believe it but I figured there was 1.

Taka: I know I don’t really have to tell you this but you might wanna check it out.

James: You’re right. You didn’t have to tell me that.

Taka: Right. Well I’m out of here. Actually, there is 1 more thing.

James: What is it?

Taka: I was told that if I lost to you… Tangrowth, Mega Drain on James.

James: What?!

The Tangrowth, although weakened, used the move that was instructed. James couldn’t do anything but stand there and take the move. He could feel his whole body getting weaker and weaker. Pretty soon, he wasn’t able to stand on his feet. He was completely unconscious on the ground. Taka returned the Tangrowth back to its ball and went on his way towards the Beryl Ward.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 25

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 25

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 25

vLkw1Sj.gif

Mime Jr./Male/Level 25

Moveset: Psybeam/Light Screen/Nasty Plot/Mimic

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 25

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 25

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 25

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 25

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 24

Moveset: Bite/Venoshock/Peck/Toxic Spikes

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Taka: +3 (3/10) - He seems better than any of the other Team Meteor people James has met but unlike the rest of them, he's the only 1 who has done harm to James and with a PULSE Tangrowth as well.

• Like 2

CwKVtWB.png

???: Ol… …an… …ey! Are y… alri…!?

James: Urgh…

James was starting to come around and could hear someone talking very loudly to him. He didn’t know who it was. He still felt very weak after the PULSE Tangrowth sapped some of his energy away from him. He tried to open his eyes but they just wouldn’t. The very least he could do was open them as if he was squinting at something. He slowly moved his head towards the sound of the voice. He slowly looked over to his right and could see a figure standing there. He couldn’t make them out though. The only thing he could see was a lot of pink. Just as he saw the person though, he could feel the person’s hand smack him across the face. This actually helped him a bit and his eyes shot open from the surprise pain on his cheek. He sat up somewhat quickly holding his face.

James: Ow…

???: Sorry but you weren’t responding to anything else.

James: Well… could have done it maybe… a little softer…

???: I’ve already been standing here for a half hour trying to wake you up! What else do you want me to do?!

James: A half hour…? I’ve been out for that long? Wait. How do you know that?

???: I was here to take care of these Meteor jerks myself but you came along and did it instead!

James: Heh…

???: Although, looking at what happened to you afterwards kind of makes me feel I didn’t have to deal with that guy at least… Still, I should have been the 1 to take out the grunts at least.

James turned towards the person talking. He could tell that this person was a girl. She was also very short. In fact, she seemed too young to be an adult. It took him a bit in his current state but he eventually figured out that this person was a little girl.

James: Hold on… You’re just a little kid… You shouldn’t be messing around with these guys… They’re bad news…

???: Urgh! Here we go again! Another adult trying to tell me what to do!

James: If this were Team Rocket… I would say go for it. But these guys are on another level…

???: This is so annoying! I FINALLY get away from my dad so I could stop the bad guys here and I not only find YOU taking care of them but I had to look after you after that weird looking Pokemon attacked you!

James: But-

???: And now you’re trying to tell me what to do! Just like my dad! He doesn’t let me do anything or let me go anywhere!

James: Maybe he’s just trying to look out for you?

???: Not the way he does it… You know, sometimes I think he secretly is trying to punish me because I remind him of mom. But joke’s on him! I stole mom’s ring and I snuck out to beat up bad people too!

James: I really don’t think it’s a good idea to try to take them on by yourself…

???: Ugh! You’re so annoying! By the way, why did you send out your Mr. Mime before you got knocked out?

James: What…? Mr. Mime…? You mean Mime Jr…

???: Noooo. I mean Mr. Mime.

James: What?

???: Look to your left dummy!

James slowly turned his head to the left and there was in fact a Mr. Mime standing there by him.

nIAib1l.png

It appeared it was crying but was trying to stop to seem tough, to which it was failing at miserably. It couldn’t hold back anymore though and hugged onto James crying its eyes out to him and also in front of the little girl. He was completely confused on where this Mr. Mime came from.

James: H-Hey…! I’m still kind of woozy here… Could you not do that…?

Mr. Mime: -let’s go- Mime Mime…

James: Who’s Mr. Mime does this belong to…?

???: Huh…? Ohh. Right. You were knocked out so you didn’t see it.

James: See what…?

???: Well it was a Mime Jr. that came out of your PokeBall. It tried to wake you up but when you wouldn’t wake up, it started to glow and everything and then it evolved into a Mr. Mime.

James: -looks back at Mr. Mime- So… you used to be Mime Jr.?

Mr. Mime: -nods yes- Mr. Mime Mime.

James: Heh… Thank you friend… You always were looking out for me…

Mr. Mime: Mr. Mime Mime!

James: I’m sorry I couldn’t watch you evolve though…

Mr. Mime: -softly hugging James- Mr. Mime.

James: -returns the hug- Could you help me up buddy?

Mr. Mime and the girl helped James up to his feet. He couldn’t quite stand up on his own though so Mr. Mime put his arm around its shoulders to help him stand up more. The little girl didn’t seem so sure on James trying to move around though.

???: Uhh mister? Are you sure you should try to move? You still don’t seem so good.

James: I can’t let Team Meteor keep doing harm here… I know there’s another machine up there in Beryl Ward…

???: Hey! You leave that 1 alone! I’ll take care of that 1. I live there after all. And don’t you dare try to stop me!

James: Wait. Hold on.

???: What is it now?

James: I know you’re dead set on taking on Team Meteor and while I would like to stop you, I know I can’t so please do this 1 thing for me before you go take them on…

???: Well… since you’re letting me take them on on my own, I suppose I can. What is it?

James: Do you know a woman named Ame?

???: Do I know her? Of course I do! I don’t know anyone that doesn’t know her.

James: Good… I want you to go tell her that I’m alright and to not worry about me…

???: You want me to lie to her?

James: I-I’m not lying…!

???: You can barely stand with your Pokemon helping you! You are not alright!

James: Just… please go tell her…?

???: Ugh. Fine. But right after that, I’m going to beat those Team Meteor jerks in Beryl Ward.

James: Deal…

???: Alright. I’m gonna go then.

James: Wait…

???: What now?

James: I just realized… I never asked for your name…

Heather: -sighs- It’s Heather. And yours?

James: I’m James…

Heather: Alright. Well I’m going to go now. Come out Salamence! It’s take-off time!

Heather threw out a PokeBall and the giant Dragon popped out. James couldn’t believe that this little girl was a trainer to such a powerful monster such as Salamence. She hopped on top of the dragon and James watched as it flew up into the air and towards the direction of the Grand Hall. He watched all the way until he couldn’t see them anymore.

James: Alright Mime- Err, Mr. Mime… I’m gonna need you to help me walk for a bit…

Mr. Mime: Mr. Mime?

James: I may be weak right now but we can still at least go looking for the missing policemen…

Mr. Mime: Mr… Mr. Mime Mime.

James: Thank you… I remember seeing another way to get into Jasper Ward from where I found that sign. Let’s go there.

Mr. Mime helped James walk over to the sign. It was hard for the pair of them to get down the ledges but they were able to do it albeit wasting some time. When they made it to the sign, they could see the other way into the Jasper Ward. They went that way and were soon back into the ward. There was only 2 buildings in contact. They weren’t able to get into the 1st building. The door wouldn’t budge. The 2nd building however, they were able to get in. Right in that room, the pair could see a Team Meteor Grunt and 1 of the missing policeman. The grunt turned around and could see James and Mr. Mime.

Rwir3R7.png

Meteor Grunt: Hey! It’s you! Heh. Looks like Taka wasn’t able to stop you but he was able to really weaken you.

James: Maybe so but I’m still gonna rescue that policeman…

Meteor Grunt: What?! You still intend to rescue this pig?! -laughs- That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard! Heck. From the way you’re talking, you can’t even give commands to your Pokemon correctly. So what exactly are you going to do?

Policeman: Citizen, just get out of here! I’ll be fine! Don’t risk your life for me!

James stood there looking at the grunt with rage. He wanted to so badly to rescue the policeman but he knew what he said was true. If the 2 battled, James wouldn’t be able to command his Pokemon in time and he would surely lose. Mr. Mime could see that his trainer was in trouble and knew it had to help in some way. It used its Psychic powers to bring out 1 of James’ PokeBalls. All the people present were somewhat confused at what was going on.

James: M-Mr. Mime? What are you doing…?

Mr. Mime: Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime Mime!

Meteor Grunt: You better put it down if you know what’s good for you clown!

Mr. Mime: Mime Mime Mr. Mime!

James: Wait… You’re gonna battle… for me…?

Mr. Mime: Mr. Mime!~

James didn’t expect this. He didn’t even know if it was possible for a Pokemon to command another Pokemon in a battle. But he trusted his Pokemon and decided to have it done. Mr. Mime had the PokeBall pop open and out came Growlithe. The grunt couldn’t believe what was going on but brought out its Pokemon. James instructed Growlithe to listen to anything Mr. Mime told it to do. At 1st, the little fire dog Pokemon was confused but trusted James. So it went along with it. It was the most interesting battle anybody had ever seen. Mr. Mime was able to command Growlithe great though and was able to win the battle. The Meteor Grunt was shocked that it lost in such a weird way.

Meteor Grunt: I lost a Pokemon battle with a trainer being a Pokemon…?! I am not telling this to anyone! I am out of here! -leaves the building-

James: Nice job Mr. Mime…! And you too Growlie…!

Growlithe: Groooowlithe!

Mr. Mime: Mr. Mime!

Policeman: Thank you for saving me.

James: No need to thank me… My Pokemon did all the work here…

Policeman: Thank all of you. But… are you ok? You seem really weak.

James: I-I’ll be fine… I still need to find the rest of the policemen and to stop Team Meteor…

Policeman: Well… If you insist. I’m going to go back to the Police Station though. See ya later.

The policeman exited the building and headed back to the Police Station. Mr. Mime returned Growlithe back to its PokeBall and once again started to help James back to the main area of the Jasper Ward.

Meanwhile at the Grand Hall, Ame was at the PokeCenter part of the Grand Hall speaking with the Nurse Joy, talking over about the Pokemon Healing Machine and how she was doing. Apparently, the healing machine there was starting to go on the fritz and Ame needed to know exactly what was the problem. As the 2 were talking, Heather walked in and looked around for Ame. When she spotted her, she walked up to her near the PokeCenter.

3LMDmoQ.png

Heather: Hey Ame.

Ame: Hmm? Ahh. Heather. It’s kind of surprising that you’re here… by yourself… with no sign of your father anywhere… Does he know about this?

Heather: Of course not. I snuck out and took my mom’s ring.

Ame: Heather, you know that’s not a good thing to do. You should go back and return the ring.

Heather: But Ame, you know I hate being cooped up in that house. Plus, I’m taking on the bad guys!

Ame: The bad guys? What do you mean?

Heather: You know what I mean Ame! Team Meteor! They’ve destroyed the Jasper Ward and now they’re trying to do the same thing to Beryl Ward!

Ame: I absolutely forbid that!

Heather: What?!

Ame: Heather, you’re just a child. You have no business in taking on Team Meteor at all.

Heather: Oh come on Ame! You damn well know how strong I am!

Ame: -sighs- While you may be a very strong trainer, this is still no matter for a child. Now go back home and stay there and let me and everyone else worry about Team Meteor.

Heather: This stinks! I can never do anything! I can’t even stop the bad guys!

Ame: Heather…

Heather: Alright. Alright. I’m going. Ohh yea. I almost forgot. I actually came here to tell you something.

Ame: You mean you telling me you planning on taking on a terrorist group wasn’t it?

Heather: Nope. This guy named James wanted me to come here and tell you that he’s alright and doesn’t want you to worry about him.

Ame: James… Why would he want you to tell me that?

Heather: I don’t know. He was really adamant on me telling you that though.

Ame: Heather… tell me the truth. Is he ok?

Heather: Umm… Not really…

Ame: What happened?!

Heather: He was taking on a Team Meteor member and after the battle, the guy used a weird looking Tangrowth to sap some of James’ energy out of him.

Ame: What?! Are you sure this happened?!

Heather: Yea. I saw the whole thing.

Ame: You better not be lying to me Heather! This is serious if it’s true!

Heather: I am! I am! Last I saw him, his Mr. Mime was helping him stay on his feet.

Ame: You mean to tell me he doesn’t even have the strength to stand on his own?

Heather: Yea. He didn’t look good. You could even tell it in the way he was talking too.

Ame: Heather, you have to take me to where he is right now?

Heather: Alright. We’ll ride on Salamence.

Ame: Nurse Joy, when I come back, we’ll talk more about the healing machine. In the meantime, just do the best you can do alright?

Nurse Joy: Of course Ame.~ Be safe.

Ame and Heather went outside of the Grand Hall. Heather called out her Salamence and the 2 girls climbed onto the dragons back. Heather called for the big dragon to take off into the air and it did. Ame was severely worried about James. She hoped that he was still there at the spot Heather had last seen him.

Back at the Jasper Ward, Mr. Mime and James had finally made it to the main area of the ward. It took a long time for them to transverse through the toppled buildings and passed trees. They started to walk down a long road when the pair could hear something from a building. It sounded like someone freaking out. James motioned for his Pokemon to help him get into the building and the Pokemon obliged and did. When they got inside of the building, they could see a man running back and forth inside the building. The 2 walked up to him. Although the man stopped, he was talking as if the 2 weren’t there.

qaIM1u9.png

James: Sir… Sir, you gotta calm down…

Man: I-I-It’s gone! It’s gone!

James: Gone…? What’s g-

Man: IT’S GONE! My darling little Mareep is gone!

James: You lost your Mareep…?

Man: We were with each other and then the buildings started to fall and we got separated and I can’t find it. I just can’t find it! I don’t know what to do! It’s gotta be so afraid and alone and I… I…

James: Just try to calm down…

Man: Calm down… Calm down… Just gotta stop, think and calm down… Calm down and… Ahhh!

The man resumed running back and forth inside the building. There was nothing more that James could do for the man. So he and Mr. Mime turned around and exited the building. He couldn’t fathom the thought of losing 1 of his Pokemon. He decided he’d search for the Mareep while also searching for the Policemen as well. The 2 of them went down a small alleyway. They looked to a corner and could see a policeman sitting on the ground. He seemed very frightened about something. The 2 walked up to him a nudged him.

hizuNOr.png

Policeman: Ahh! The vines got me!

James: S-Sir…! It’s not vines…!

Policeman: Uhh, huh…? Oh… I’m sorry… Wait. Are the vines gone?

James: I guess so… This is the 1st time I’ve been here…

Policeman: Ohh thank the heavens. I vine became violent when I approached it and when it ripped through the ground, I was trapped here.

James: That sounds like it was a bad experience…

Policeman: Yes it was. But thank you for finding me here. I should get back to the Police Station. Umm… I should take you with me. You don’t look so good.

James: No… You go on ahead… I have to search for the rest of the officers…

Policeman: But sir-

James: Please…

The policeman stared at James for a couple of seconds. While he didn’t want to, he had no other choice but to respect his wishes. The officer walked passed them and went back to the Police Station. The 2 then got out of that alleyway and continued down the road. James could feel himself getting weaker again but he forced himself to keep going. He could see Mr. Mime was worried about him. He put on a brave smile for his Pokemon. The 2 came up to what seemed to be a run down shack. They took a peek inside and could see a Pokemon run up and down inside. They went inside and realized that it was a Mareep. It was obviously the Mareep that man was freaking out about before. The 2 approached the Pokemon. When the Mareep saw them, it backed up into a corner. The 2 came over to try to comfort it.

uIL3hXi.png

James: H-Hey little buddy… It’s ok…

Mareep: M-Mareep…

James: Don’t be scared… of me… I came here to find you…

Mareep: Mareep?

James: -digs through his pockets and finds some Pokemon snacks- Here… Wanna have a couple of these…

James held the snacks out in his hands towards the Mareep. For a couple of seconds, the Mareep didn’t do anything. Then, it slowly walked up to him and sniffed his hand with the food. It slowly took 1 of the snacks and ate it. When it swallowed it, it looked more calm and happy. It started to eat the rest of the food out of James’ hand. In a matter of minutes, the Mareep was completely calm. James was happy that he could calm down the Pokemon. Unfortunately though, he could feel himself not being able to stand for that much longer. He knew that he had to bring this Mareep back to its owner before he couldn’t move again. The 3 got out of the shack and walked slowly back to the building. However, when they made it and went inside, no 1 was inside. The man wasn’t there anymore. James couldn’t believe that he wasn’t there anymore. They searched where they could but couldn’t find the man anywhere in the building. With nowhere else to look, the 3 of them exited the building and back outside. The Mareep looked up at James and Mr. Mime with sadness in its eyes. James felt horrible for it. Its trainer had essentially abandoned it. James had an idea though. James had his Mr. Mime take out an empty PokeBall and put it in his hand. He asked the little sheep Pokemon if it wanted to come with him on his journey. The Mareep looked up at James and tears started to fall from its eyes. It shook its head yes and nuzzled up against James leg. But just as James was about to touch Mareep with the PokeBall to capture it, he suddenly felt weaker, slid off of Mr. Mime and fell face 1st onto the ground. Mr. Mime and Mareep looked at each other worryingly. They had no idea what to do.

Meanwhile, Ame and Heather had just exited the Malchous Forest. They searched the entire forest but couldn’t find James anywhere in there. Ame was very worried that James could be hurt or worse right now. The 2 started to head towards the PokeCenter of the Jasper Ward to see if maybe James went there.

Ame: Are you absolutely sure he was there?

Heather: For the 100th time, yes! Why do you keep asking?!

Ame: Because he’s not there!

Heather: Geez. Why do you care about this guy anyways?

Ame: He’s uhh… a very good friend of mine.

Heather: Ohhhh. I get it. You’re his girlfriend aren’t you?

Ame: H-Huh? What makes you think that?

Heather: I can kind of tell by the way you’re so worried about him. Kind of reminds me of my dad but… nicer.

Ame: Ohh… I see…

Heather: Well, we’re almost there.

When they walked through the building, they were at the PokeCenter. But as soon as they turned around, they could see the Mareep and Mr. Mime trying to help something up from the ground. Ame remembered that Heather told her that his Mime Jr. Had evolved into a Mr. Mime and realized that the thing on the ground must have been James. Ame and Heather ran over and could see James knocked out on the ground. Ame knelt down beside him to make sure he was ok.

aMg9n0l.png

Heather: Well? How is he?

Ame: Well, he seems to be just knocked out.

Heather: Again. But I don’t get it. Unless he got hit by the move again, shouldn’t he be getting better by now?

Ame: Pokemon attacks work different on humans than Pokemon. But this seems to be different. From what you’ve told me, that Tangrowth was a PULSE Tangrowth. I’m not sure what the side effects are if a PULSE Pokemon attacks a human.

Mr. Mime: Mr. Mime…

Mareep: Mareeeep…

Heather: Well those 2 are definitely worried about him.

Ame: Mr. Mime I can see but where did this Mareep come from?

Heather: Maybe he caught it?

Ame: Well it seems to be sincerely worried for James. So I won’t shoo it away.

Heather: Well what do we do about James?

Ame: Umm… I’m not sure. No 1 has ever had to deal with something like this before.

Ame and Heather tried to come up with a solution to try to bring James out of his unconscious state but they couldn’t come up with anything. Once again, Mr. Mime started to tear up. Ame did as well. Mareep was really starting to worry for James. It then got a determined look on its face and stood back and started to collect electricity in its wool. Mr. Mime, Ame and Heather stood back as they watched what Mareep was doing. Suddenly, the whole ground started to glow a golden color. Everyone was amazed with what the Mareep was doing.

Heather: Whoa. What is this?

Ame: I think that’s Electric Terrain.

Heather: Hmm… Isn’t it true that when you use that move that nothing can be put to sleep or stay asleep?

Ame: Yes. Why?

Heather: Does an unconscious person count as sleeping?

Ame stared at Heather after hearing that question. Was that what this Mareep was doing? Using this move to wake James up from “sleeping”? They all watched for a couple of minutes. Then, James started to move his hands, his feet, his head, everything. The move had at least woken him up. Ame, Heather, Mr. Mime and Mareep ran over to James. Heather smiled as Ame and Mr. Mime hugged him and Mareep nuzzled up against him. James was puzzled as to what was going on but he could never deny the affection.

Ame: -crying- Ohh James. I was so worried something had happened to you!

Mr. Mime: Mr. Mime Mime!

Mareep: Mareeeep!~

James: Hey hey. It’s ok now. I’m not too sure what happened but I feel like I’m back to normal.

Ame: Thank this Mareep. It used Electric Terrain to help wake you up.

James: You did this Mareep?

Mareep: Mareep Mareep!~

James: Thank you. You really helped me out. Ohh. I almost forgot. -picks up the PokeBall from the ground- You want to come with me right?

Mareep: Mareep!~

James held out the PokeBall towards the Mareep. It happily tapped the PokeBall with its nose and went inside. The PokeBall shook a couple of times but finally stop, signaling that the Mareep was caught. James was happy that he had a new friend now and an added member to the family.

Heather: Well that was sweet. I’m kind of glad I got caught up in this now.

Ame: It is… But James, I thought you said you’d be careful!

James: H-Hey! I didn’t know he was gonna do that! I thought he would just get up and leave to wherever!

Ame: -sighs- Well considering I know there’s 1 in Beryl Ward, I think I’m gonna go to that 1.

James: What? Are you saying I can’t do this anymore?

Ame: What? Of course not. I’m just gonna help out.

James: Ohh…

Ame: And Heather, you’re gonna help out.

Heather: I am? I thought you didn’t want me anywhere near those bad people?

Ame: I don’t but I think you’d be extremely helpful right now.

Heather: Well alrighty then! What do we do?

James: Yea. What’s the plan sweetie?

The 3 of them huddled together and Ame started to discuss what her plan was. With James’ situation now seemingly under control, it was time to stop the destruction of Beryl Ward and to save it and the people and Pokemon of that place.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 28

Moveset: Flame Burst/Flame Wheel/Fire Fang/Bite

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 28

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 28

yBhrx2u.gif

Mr. Mime/Male/Level 28

Moveset: Psybeam/Light Screen/Nasty Plot/Attract

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 28

Moveset: Bite/Feint Attack/Vine Whip/Growth

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 28

Held Item: Quick Claw

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 28

Moveset: Giga Drain/Mega Drain/Feint Attack/Growth

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 28

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 28

Moveset: Venoshock/Bite/Peck/Toxic Spikes

tvEzBMe.gif

Mareep/Female/Level 15

Nature: Modest/Ability: Static

Moveset: Charge Beam/Thunder Wave/Thundershock/Electric Terrain

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Ame: (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - His sweet girlfriend has come to save him. And now it's time for another couple take down of Team Meteor.

Heather: +6 (6/10) - She seems like a decent kid. A bit twerpish for James but she helped a lot during this whole ordeal.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SilverAngelus said:

XD

And I like this addition of Ame with you. Can't wait to see how else the story will change next episode!

Thanks! I'm liking the pairing as well. You barely see Ame throughout the game besides the Gym Helper thing and when she dies. I thought I'd get her out there a bit more than she is in the regular story.

qBqWNGA.png

James, Ame and Heather then ventured up to the Beryl Bridge which was just next to the Beryl Ward. Before they continued forward, they stopped to go over their plan 1 more time.

n2UwQ5Y.png

Ame: Ok. Do we know what we’re doing?

Heather: Mhm. Me and you are gonna fly up to 1 of the skyscraper and hide there and wait for James to come to the bad guys.

James: And I’m gonna go through Rhodochrine Jungle and get to them from there.

Ame: Right. And as soon as the 2 of us see you, we’ll swoop down on Heather’s Salamence and corner them. If you need help Heather, I’ll back you up but I’ll leave you to them.

Heather: Yea! I can’t wait to take a crack at them! I still can’t believe that you’re letting me do this.

Ame: This is 1 time thing. Don’t think this will happen ever again. After this, you go right back to the house alright?

Heather: Yea yea. I got it.

James: Alright! Let’s do this then!

Ame: Be careful out there hun.

James: I will. I promise sweetie. -kisses her-

Heather: Ew. Did you have to do that in front of me?

Ame: Heh. Sorry. Alright Heather! Time to go!

Heather called out her Salamence. The 2 girls got on top of the beast and flew off into the air. James watched on and then ventured to the left to get to the Rhodochrine Jungle. It was a bit of a trek to get there. More fallen houses, cracks in the road and vine poking up through the ground as well. But he was finally able to make it to the entrance of the jungle. He was surprised just how green the area was. It had been a while since he saw such a green and luscious place. Malcheous Forest was green and luscious as well but it didn’t stand out to him as much as this place. James continued to walk deeper into the jungle. He was focusing so much on the surroundings that he didn’t notice a pile of leaves on the ground. As he took a step on them, he could feel his foot going down more and more and soon, he was falling into a hole. He hit the ground hard, instantly knocking him out again for the 3rd time tonight. When he woke up, his head was killing him but besides that, he felt alright.

James: Oog… That hurt… That reminds me of all the times me, Jessie and Meowth would dig holes to try to catch the twerps for that main twerps Pikachu… Huh?

James opened his eyes and realized that he was inside of a cage of some sort. He shot up and looked around. In front of him, he could see a couple of Nuzleaf standing in front of the wooden cage door.

4HAcliL.png

He tried to persuade them to let him out but all they did was point and laugh at him. They then left the area. James was trapped. He tried breaking the cage down but it was surprisingly tough. He wasn’t able to destroy it. He would have used Growlithe to burn it down but there was a possibility of that starting a fire. He couldn’t risk that. The rest of the Pokemon he had didn’t have any useful moves that could help break through the cage. He had no other option but to wait for someone to possibly come up around there and help him out. Luckily, he could see someone coming up towards the cage. Unluckily for him, it was none other than Fern. When Fern saw that James was trapped in a cage, he started laughing and walked away from the cage. James was annoyed and furious.

James: Hey you twerp! Get back here!

Fern: -starts walking back to James- Ohh James. I am seriously sorry about that.

r0eP1Ok.png

James: Yea. I’m sure you are.

Fern: I didn’t feel like laughing right in front of your face. It would have been too rude. Seeing you trapped in that cage is just too much.

James: Can you stop making fun of me and just be helpful for once?

Fern: Ha! You look so helpless. It suits ya. I mean, really? Imprisoned by Nuzleaf? I’d come up here in hopes of finding a Gym Leader but all I find is a scrub in a cage.

James: This is literally the opposite of being helpful!

Fern: By the way, I’m curious. How many badges do you have right now?

James: Uhh, 2. Why?

Fern: Well so do I. Turns out the Gym Leaders here are super easy!

James: Wait. You already defeated Julia and Florinia.

Fern: You bet your sorry ass I did! And then there’s you who’s stuck in a cage. It’s priceless! But I suppose I can’t totally blame ya. Nuzleaf are deceptively crafty to be able to build all this. Guess they did it to keep intruders out. Or in your case in. Don’t you worry though. Op dog Fern’s here to help you out.

James: Good. Now just get me out o-

Fern: All you gotta do is get on your knees and beg.

James: You… What? Just get me out of here. I don’t have time for this.

Fern: Are you gonna get on your knees and beg for me?

James: No. Now enough with these stupid games and let me out of here.

Fern: Well, that’s just too bad. No begging, no help. Later loser! -starts walking away-

James: Fern? Fern! Seriously, get me out of here! This isn’t cool…! Fern?!

James couldn’t believe it. Fern actually left him in that cage all because he wouldn’t beg for him to do it. He was still stuck inside that cage. He sat there for a while, hoping for someone to come by, actually be a decent human being and let him out. 15 minutes went by and nothing happened. James was starting to lose hope. Suddenly, a Chatot appeared from out of the trees, went up to the lever and switched it. The door to the cage opened up. James was now free. Before the Chatot left, it said the words “Release James!” James only knew 1 person with a Chatot but he couldn’t think about that now. He had to find the important Team Meteor guys. He exited the cage and started to search through the forest for a way out. Soon, he came across a lot of carved out pieces of wood. James touched 1 of them and it instantly stung his finger.

SvW530z.png

James: Ow! That hurt! Dang it. Guess I gotta find a way to get through this.

James went back the way he came. He started to searched for a way to get passed those sharp pieces of wood. He climbed up some stairs and, walked across a bridge and came across a lever. He looked over in the distance and could see the wood from before. He pulled the lever and saw a line of the wood flip over, revealing a platform of sorts. He knew what he had to do now. He started to search for other levers. Near where he was was a little clearing, he went there to check stuff out. There was a tall building there. A Team Meteor Grunt was blocking the entrance to it but James was able to defeat him. When he got inside, someone came rushing up to him. James thought it was another Team Meteor person but it turned out it was just a survivor. He offered James some medicine to heal his Pokemon. James gladly accepted and his entire party was healed.

James: So what are you doing here?

Survivor: I’m just here to try to ride out this apocalypse.

James: Apocalypse? I mean it’s bad out there but it’s not that bad.

Survivor: I’m staying right here.

James: What exactly is this place anyways?

Survivor: This used to be the Beryl Ward’s library but now? It’s in ruins.

James: I see. Would you mind if I looked around?

Survivor: Go for it.

James started to explore the abandoned library. It really was left in a ruin. Books and papers were laying all over the place. Chairs were knocked over. It was a real shame. James came across the 1 room he was able to get into. He was a little shocked to see a Growlithe sitting there, looking down a hole. He made sure that he still had his Growlithe’s PokeBall and he did luckily. The Growlithe saw James and howled at him and moved back. James assumed that this Pokemon wanted him to peer down into the hole. James went over and looked down.

MbhIr43.png

It was dark so it was kind of hard to see. He was finally starting to see something though. But when he realized what he was looking at, he started to feel sick to his stomach. It looked like a person but they had been impaled by the broken pieces of wood. James looked back at the Growlithe. It howled once again and then ran out of the room and supposedly out of the library. James noticed the outfit the person was wearing. It looked like what a policeman would wear.

James: Well… I guess I found the 3rd 1. That Growlithe must have belonged to this officer… I hope it’s doing alright.

James started to imagine what his Growlithe would do if something were to ever happen to him. He thought about it for a couple of moments but then snapped out of it. He couldn’t think about that. He had to find the other switches and send Team Meteor packing. James exited the room and left the library. There was half a building still standing next to the library. James went inside and easily took care of the Team Meteor Grunt that was there. He went to the other side and found another lever. He pulled it and could hear the wood outside flip to the smooth side. He continued his search for levers. He couldn’t find anymore where he was so he went back to the cage area and searched there. He found 1 cage and went inside it. While he didn’t find a lever to the sharp pieces of wood, he did find a lever to another cage that was imprisoning a policeman. He pulled it and went inside the cage. The policeman seemed very happy that James came to his rescue.

PGGiKaf.png

Policeman: Ohh thank you! I’ve been stuck here for days!

James: Days? Wow. I’m glad I got out of my cage sooner than that.

Policeman: You were in a cage too?

James: Yea. A couple of Nuzleaf made a trap and I fell into it. Next thing I know, I wake up inside a cage.

Policeman: Yea. That’s what happened to me too! Well I better get back to the Police Station. Thank you citizen!

James: Actually, I need to tell you something before you go.

Policeman: What is it?

James: The library near here… I was in there just a bit ago and saw a Growlithe looking down a hole. I looked down there too and… I saw a policeman down there… He didn’t make it…

Policeman: Ohh… That’s very sad to hear… I’ll make sure to report that to the Police Chief. Again, thank you.

The policeman exited the cave and went back to the Police Station. James exited the cave almost right after. He soon found another cave entrance and went inside. There weren’t any cages in this 1 but at the end, there was a lever. James pulled it. He couldn’t think of any other places where a lever could be so he went back to the sharp pieces of wood. When he got there, he saw that the platform was completed and could now continue going that way. He went through a clearing and started to battle a couple of Meteor Grunts. They weren’t really all that tough so James was able to defeat them fairly quickly. He could see a hole in a building and decided to take a look in it. It was a good thing he did because inside was another Team Meteor Grunt and the last missing policeman.

CfLsiuu.png

James: Hey you!

Meteor Grunt: Huh? Hey! What are you doing here?! This is private business! Stay out of it!

James: I’ll give you a choice. You either just walk out of here or get crushed in a Pokemon battle.

Meteor Grunt: You think I’m gonna run away from you?! You’re dreaming!

James: Alright. Battling it is.

The battle started but it just a matter of seconds, the battle was over. The Meteor Grunt had no other choice but to run out of the building. James went over to the policeman to make sure he was ok.

James: Are you ok?

Policeman: Yea. I’m fine now thanks to you.

James: Good. You should head back to the Police Station. They’re waiting for you.

Policeman: I will. Ohh. 1 more thing. There’s a bunch of important looking Team Meteor people up ahead. You should be careful.

James: Thanks for the heads up. Be careful when you’re heading back now.

The policeman agreed and left the building. James did as well and went down the path. There was a big opening just a bit further. When he got there, he could see Taka, that ZEL guy, a hooded person and the PULSE Machine with Tangrowth in it. James quickly searched the top of the building for Ame and Heather. When he found them, he gave them a nod to let them know that this was it. Just then, ZEL turned around, noticing James.

Zel: Hey! It’s you!

Taka: Oh. Hey there. I’m surprised you’re here this quickly.

James: I’ll admit. That Tangrowth’s attack did mess me up for a bit but my friends came and helped me.

???: Hmph. Who is this?

James: I’m the 1 that’s gonna take you down and stop all of this destruction.

Taka: He’s the 1 that defeated the PULSE in Jasper.

???: So this is the 1 huh?

Taka: Yes. I invited James to come here so we could deal with this issue thoroughly. See?

zEl: James is also responsible for destroying the PULSE in Obsidia.

James: Guilty as charged. And now I’ll add Beryl Ward to that list.

???: …You’re just an alley cat parading as a tiger.

James: What does that even mean?

zeL: I, umm… I think he means you’re just acting brave?

James: Trust me. This is no act.

???: Heroism is vainglory. But do not worry. You will learn soon enough. You’ve stepped out of your alley and into the world. I will introduce you to the cold pain of reality.

James: -chuckles- That’s what you think. But I’m not here alone.

???: Hmm? What do you mean?

Heather: We’re here to beat you bad guys up!

Ame: Surrender yourselves now and maybe things will be easy for the 3 of you!

The 3 Meteor Admins looked up into the air and could see Heather’s Salamence descending to the ground. Heather stayed on its back as Ame hopped off half way down. James would be lying if he didn’t think that was pretty cool of her to do. The 3 seemed shocked that those 2 were here.

3TcX6ZH.png

zeL: I-Isn’t that Heather-

zEl: Daughter to the Beryl Ward Gym Leader and-

???: I know all too well who she is.

Taka: And the woman there… isn’t she this region’s ch-

???: Yes yes. I know but why are they here?

Heather: Why are we here? We’re here to stop you evil people! Duh!

Ame: Now come quietly or this won’t end good for you.

???: Hmph… How reckless. We’re you raised to be more responsible? And you. You should know how irresponsible this is. Letting a child fighting against us?

Ame: Maybe it is but I’m here to back her up so I’m not worried 1 bit!

Heather: Yea! Who cares anyways! I’m tired of people trying to stop me from doing things all the time! Their rules are totally stupid!

???: Just because you do not understand something does not make it stupid. Someday… you will learn.

Heather: Ugh! Would you just SHUT UP?! We’re here to beat you up! Stop with the lectures! You sound like my dad!

Ame: Now… Either surrender or you will be dealt with.

zEl: Well sir?

Taka: What do we do?

???: …Taka, ZEL. Deal with James. You must protect the PULSE. Leave this young 1 to me.

Taka: But what about A-

???: I said to leave the girl to me!

Ame: You think you can handle the both of them James?!

James: Yea! Don’t worry about me hun! Back Heather up when or if she needs it!

Taka: Well I guess we’re gonna have our rematch already James.

James: Yea but this time, I’m not gonna let your Pokemon sneak attack me. I’m gonna make sure it faints!

zeL: Um, I’m sorry James but I have to-

Zel: It’s payback time!

James: Let’s see you get it then!

And with that, the battle between James, Taka and ZEL started. This was actually a very difficult battle for James. He decided that it would be best to focus on 1 of their Pokemon than try to take down both at the same time. That strategy worked as James 1st defeated ZEL’s Pokemon and then Taka’s. And this time, James made sure that the PULSE Tangrowth was definitely fainted. ZEL seemed frustrated losing again but Taka didn’t seem to care at all.

Taka: Well that’s certainly not good.

zEl: The PULSE has been deactivated. There’s no longer any purpose in defending this location.

Taka: If that’s the case, I’m gonna make myself scarce. You coming?

zeL: Umm… I-I guess so… -vanishes with Taka-

James: Damnit! They got away!

Ame: We’ll catch them later! We can still take this guy though!

???: Tch. So they just run away? Pathetic… Crobat, return!

Ame: He’s getting away!

Heather: Not if we have anything to say about it! Salamence, return!

She returned her Pokemon back to her PokeBall and the 3 of us chased after the hooded stranger. Luckily, they didn’t have to run far. The hooded stranger was cornered by the Police Chief and the Policemen that he had found while trying to stop Team Meteor. Heather, Ame and James blocked the south exit just in case he tried running back the way he came.

YsUFzad.png

James: Alright! You guys are here!

Police Chief: Thanks to you James. And now, there is nowhere to run. You’re completely surrounded.

???: An ambush?! But the grunts were supposed to detain the city officers!

Police Chief: Ohh they did. But James was able to rescue them all. Well… except for 1… but that mourning session will have to wait til later.

???: -turns around to James- You… You did this?!

As the hooded strangers back was turned towards the Police Chief, he took the initiative to sneak up behind the person and remove the hood. Almost everyone but James was shocked to see who it was. The individual was an older man wearing all purple with purple spiky hair. It reminded James of Cain but more serious.

James: Who’s… that?

Ame: I… I can’t believe it… I should have known with that Crobat but… I didn’t expect it to be you Corey…

Heather: DAD?!

James: Wait. He’s your father?!

Corey: Tch. It’s bad enough you did this in front of Ame but you just had to do this in front of my daughter as well.

Ame: Heather…

Heather: I… I knew you were a jerk… But I didn’t think you were evil… I… I can’t…

Heather turned around, called out her Salamence, jumped up onto its back and they flew off into the air together. James couldn’t blame Heather for wanting to get away from all of this. Learning that her dad was apart of Team Meteor? That must have been hard on her. James and Ame focused their attention back to Corey.

Corey: Well then. This will be easier now that she’s not here.

Police Chief: Aren’t you the Gym Leader of the Beryl Ward?

James: This guys a Gym Leader too?!

Ame: Yes. At least… he was. He no longer is as of this moment. But why Corey? Why would you do this?

Police Chief: The Gym Leaders of Reborn are 1 of the most trusted citizens…

Corey: Hehe. Never put too much stock into authority. Welcome to reality. It’s cold. It’s cruel. It’s life.

Ame: What are you trying to say Corey?

Corey: You all would be fools to think that I’m the only 1 working with them.

James: You mean… there are more Gym Leaders working with Team Meteor?

Corey: Exactly.

Ame: Who…? Who are they!?

Corey: If only I could say. Not everything is so nice and simple. This whole paradise-candyland you’ve all created in your heads? It’s just a crack dream.

Police Chief: Nonetheless, you will be facing the judge.

Ame: And then you will be interrogated for more information.

Corey: Hmph. You all try so hard to act high and mighty but you’re nothing. Nothing has been done here. All you’ve done is unmakes a father before his daughter. You showed her what all girls eventually learn. Pain. And that’s all.

James: This is complete nonsense! Stop talking like that and just surrender!

Corey: You all want to apprehend me? I’ll be waiting at my gym. Don’t keep me waiting.

Corey threw smoke bombs onto the ground and they detonated. Everyone’s vision was obscured. When the smoke finally started to disappear, they all realized that Corey had escaped.

Ame: He got away!

James: Yea but we know where he’s going. His gym!

Police Chief: Yes but this has got to be some kind of trap. Ame, what do we do?

Ame: You lot go to the gym and see if you can find him there. James and I will be there shortly.

Police Chief: Alright. Let’s move out men!

Policemen: Yes sir! -heads for the Beryl Ward Gym with the Police Chief-

James: So what do we do?

Ame: So here’s the deal. When we get there, I want you to help the police search for him. When we find him, I will confront him.

James: What? Why? I can handle him.

Ame: Trust me hun. I know you can but this is different. He is… was a Gym Leader and he was apart of Team Meteor. I wanna try to get answers by myself.

James: Well… that does make sense. Ok hun. I’ll follow your plan then.

Ame: Let’s get going then.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 28

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 28

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 28

yBhrx2u.gif

Mr. Mime/Male/Level 29

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 28

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 28

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 28

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 29

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 28

tvEzBMe.gif

Mareep/Female/Level 28

Moveset: Charge Beam/Thunder Wave/Electro Ball/Electric Terrain

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Heather: +1 (7/10) - Heather did a good job holding off that hooded guy... or her father I guess... she's gotta feel really messed up right now.

Fern: (0/10 NO CHANGE!) - Forever the #1 twerp.

ZEL: (0/10 NO CHANGE!) - Been a while since James last saw him. But the outcome was the same as last time.

Taka: (3/10 NO CHANGE!) - It didn't really seem like he was trying all that much when he teamed up with ZEL to take on James. Still though, can't forget he sucked energy from him with the PULSE Tangrowth.

Corey: (0/10) - How could this Gym Leader AND father work with Team Meteor? He's gotta be taken down fast!

• Like 1

Ew, you had to do that in front of us?

Btw, I have a question for this Ame now that she regrets appointing Corey as Poison Gym Leader. Why did she appoint M3G4T3RR4 as Ground Gym Leader??

Also, Mareep is level 28 in the video, so I think you should update Mareep in your Pokemon Team 😉 

Also, you forgot to give Fern negative points toward his rating

5 minutes ago, SilverAngelus said:

Ew, you had to do that in front of us?

Btw, I have a question for this Ame now that she regrets appointing Corey as Poison Gym Leader. Why did she appoint M3G4T3RR4 as Ground Gym Leader??

Also, Mareep is level 28 in the video, so I think you should update Mareep in your Pokemon Team 😉 

Also, you forgot to give Fern negative points toward his rating

Well I mean to be fair, she doesn’t know why Corey has joined. & I haven’t gotten that far yet. Tbh, when I got to that point of writing this episode, I literally just thought of her basically telling him that he’s fired.

thank you btw. I usually get those but they slip my mind once in a while.

Fern right now is not likable right now. He’s not at “omg. I need to kill him.” Rating yet. Lol.

RSpoRCE.png

Ame lead James into Beryl Ward. Coincidentally, where they were led right into the ward. They didn’t have to go through all the way back through the jungle again. They went to the right and then headed all the way up towards what seemed like a mountain of sorts. James had never seen a place like this.

James: So this is his Gym?

Ame: Yes. Well… it was I should say.

James: Yea… You fired him.

Ame: I can’t believe it… Corey was apart of Team Meteor… Why?

James: We’ll find out soon. Just try to keep it together ok?

Ame: I know. But I feel bad for Heather.

James: Me too. I can’t imagine how she’s feeling right now. What’s going to happen to her?

Ame: Well, when we officially arrest Corey, we’ll probably have to put her in the Orphanage we have in the Lapis Ward.

James: Ohh… I see…

Ame: Yea… Come on though. We gotta get inside.

The 2 of them walked in. James was intrigued with the place. It was small but the big 6 tubes in front of him made him feel uneasy for some reason. The Police Chief was near the entrance. His policemen were scattered around the small area.

ZkZxmQh.png

Ame: So what’s going on?

Police Chief: My men have searched the entire area but we can’t find any trace of him?

James: Are you sure this is his Gym Ame?

Ame: I’m positive. I know the trick to this Gym.

James: The trick?

Ame: Mhm. By the looks of it, the door upstairs is open. Which means the door to the living quarters is blocked off. And in order to get that area open to us, we need to turn these chemicals in these tanks to pink. Sooo…

Ame went over to 2 of the tubes and pressed the buttons that were on them. They were all instantly turned pink. We could all hear something move. When they looked behind the tubes, they could see a door now present. Ame had done it.

James: Nice job hun!

Police Chief: Yes.Well done Ame.

Ame: It’s no problem. Now, me and James will enter. When we get him out, you and your officers will grab him and arrest him.

Police Chief: Yes ma’am! Alright men! Get into position!

Policeman: Yes sir!

The officers hid behind some of the tubes and the walls. James and Ame went between the tubes and entered the living quarters. Wasn’t that much in there. Just a living room and Heather’s room presumably. As they walked up, they entered what we assumed was Corey’s bedroom and there standing with his back turned towards them was Corey.

Ame: Alright Corey. It’s over. We found you.

Corey: So you found me huh? I should have figured. You do know how to get to this area anyways.

zG70K8Q.png

Ame: Please Corey. Just surrender. All of this running around is pointless.

Corey: No. No I don’t think it is Ame. -looks over at James annoyingly- And you… 1st, you destroy all 3 of the PULSE-Tangrowth systems that I oversaw. Then you revitalize the City Police Department, causing them to ambush me. And they out me in front of my daughter no less…

James: I’m not going to apologize for what I’ve done. You’re the bad guy here. You’re with Team Meteor. I was just doing what’s right.

Corey: Heh… You doing what’s right? Can WE trust you?

Ame: What do you mean?

Corey: You know exactly what I mean. He’s a member of Team Rocket!

James: No I’m not! I haven’t been with them for a while now. I’m done with that life.

Corey: Sure you are. You’re just building up her trust and then when she’s completely vulnerable, you’ll have your team come in and try to take over this Region!

Ame: Stop it Corey! He’s not like that anymore. He’s changed.

James: How do you know about me being apart of that organization anyways?

Corey: Ohh please. Most of the Regions know about Team Rocket by now. Aevium, Ayrith, Reborn. We’ve all come up with plans just in case they try to do something.

James: Well that’s not me. Not anymore.

Ame: Corey… I don’t know what you’re thinking. Why would you join Team Meteor?

Corey: …What have you come here for? Hmm? Is it my badge? Because as of 5 minutes ago, I am no longer the Gym Leader here.

Ame: You know why we’re here Corey.

Corey: …I’ll be at my arena. I will show you all misery.

Once again, Corey used smoke bombs to blur their vision and get away from them. The 2 of them ran out the door and were about to go to the arena room when the Police Chief stopped them for a moment.

Police Chief: Hold on!

James: What is it?

Ame: How come your men didn’t stop him when he came out?

Police Chief: As soon as you 2 entered that room, these tanks sprayed out whenever was in them. I kept myself from being touched by them but my men weren’t so successful.

James: Are they ok?

Police Chief: I don’t know. They just started to act weird.

Policemen: Urgh… Obey… Must obey…

Police Chief: Ahh! There they are!

The 3 of them saw the policemen walking towards them. It wasn’t a normal walk though. They were walking as if they were zombies or something. This was definitely strange.

ZLWP3wq.png

Police Chief: What do we do?

Ame: Damnit. We can’t let Corey get away but we can’t just leave these guys like this? Urgh!

James: Ame. It’ll be ok.

Ame: How?

James: You said that this was important to you right?

Ame: Huh? I mean yea but-

James: Then you deal with Corey and I’ll deal with these policemen. I’ll make them return back to their normal selves.

Ame: James… Are you sure?

James: Of course I am sweetie. You got get him and I’ll deal with these guys.

Ame: Heh… Thank you hun. -kisses James on the cheek and leaves for the arena-

Police Chief: Well what do we do James?

Policeman: -pulls out a PokeBall- Obey… Battle…

James: Well it seems that I’m gonna have a battle on my hands. You just stay behind me Chief! I’ll take care of this! They’ll be back to normal in no time!

Police Chief: Right!

The Police Chief got behind James. 1 of the Policemen through out their Pokemon and the 1st of many battles started. Meanwhile, Ame reached the arena room and went inside. On the other side was Corey. Ame had a feeling that no matter what, there was gonna be a battle here.

5zQulQv.png

Ame: Corey, stop this! Just surrender!

Corey: Ame… Where’s your significant other?

Ame: He’s dealing with the policemen. What did you do to them?!

Corey: Don’t worry. They aren’t harmed. They’re just confused from the gases in those tubes. They’ll return back to normal after a battle.

Ame: That’s still a horrible thing to do. I don’t get it Corey. I know things haven’t been good for you since your wife died but-

Corey: I don’t care who you are. Never, and I mean NEVER, bring her name up again!

Ame: I’m just bringing up a point.

Corey: I don’t care what point you’re making. Say wife 1 more time and you shall suffer.

Ame: I’m sorry Corey. It sounds like you just threatened my life.

Corey: Ohh I did. And I’ll make it a promise if you utter that word.

Ame: You’re becoming a loose canon. You’re not safe to be here anymore. Now either calmly come with me to the Police Station… or we do this the hard way.

Corey: Is that supposed to intimidate me?

Ame: I just… I don’t want you to lose anything else…

Corey: Lose…? Lose? There is nothing left for me to lose. The only reason I’ve kept going through the years was for Heather.

Ame: So you are… I had a feeling but I didn’t want to believe it…

Corey: But now because of you and especially James, my 1 hope and memory of her… It’s gone. She may never speak to me again. The 2 of you ruined the small splinter of life I had rebuilt.

Ame: We were just trying to stop Team Meteor! Why are you working with them?! You know this isn’t like you! You’d never join a team like that! So tell me. Tell me why you’ve joined them.

Corey: No… You don’t deserve that answer when you are part of the reason the little world that I was holding onto has now crumbled onto itself.

Ame: So that’s it then? You won’t surrender?

Corey: I won’t.

Ame: Then it looks like you’re choosing the hard way. You know you can’t defeat me Corey.

Corey: But alas, I know you Ame. Unless you’re defending your title as Champion of Reborn, you only carry around 1 Pokemon with you. Which means I only have to defeat that 1 Pokemon. And then what Ame? What will you do when you don’t have any Pokemon to defend you? You will fall and you too shall feel the pain that I have suffered throughout these years!

Ame: Yes. I do only have 1 Pokemon with me Corey. But as you said, I’m the Champion of this Region. My Pokemon aren’t weak. Your whole team doesn’t stand a chance against it.

Corey: Just because you’re the Champion doesn’t mean you’re invincible! 1 day, someone stronger than you will defeat you and you’ll feel sorrow and pain! And that day is today! Now suffer!

Corey quickly took out a remote and pressed a button on it. The tubes inside the room turned pink and a gas started to leak out. Ame figured that this is what happened to the policemen before. She quickly called out her Alolan Ninetails and had it use Mist. It didn’t cover the whole room but it was enough to not have the gases touch her. Corey then took out a PokeBall and the battle between Champion Ame and Ex-Gym Leader Corey began.

Just as Ame said, Corey stood no chance against her. Her Alolan Ninetails was enough to knock out his whole entire team. The gas in the room started to go away. Ame walked up to Corey.

Ame: It’s over now Corey. Surrender.

Corey: You…! For every joy, bitter misery rushes after. You want answers right?

Ame: Yes. And I’m going to get them.

Corey: Fine. I’ll give you answers on 1 condition.

Ame: Conditions?! You joined a terrorist organization! And you’re trying to give me a condition for you to give me answers?!

Corey: All you have to do is come to Beryl Bridge. I’ll be waiting for you there. Bring James along with you as well. He deserves to hear this as well. Afterwards, you can take me to jail with no issues.

Ame: …Fine.

Corey walked passed Ame and out of the arena room. Ame stood there for a couple of seconds reflecting on what had just transpired between the 2. They weren’t close friends but she never expected something like this from him. She exited the room as well. She found James alone near the entrance of the building. She couldn’t see the Police Chief or any of the policemen.

Ame: Hey. Where’d everyone go?

James: After I defeated them in battle, they seemed to have come back to their senses. I told the Chief to take them back to the Station to rest.

Ame: That’s probably a good idea.

James: So what’s going on with Corey? I just saw him walk out of here.

Ame: We’re gonna meet up with him on Beryl Bridge?

James: For what?

Ame: He told me that he’ll give me all the answers there. So I let him go.

James: You just believed him?!

Ame: After he tells me what I wanna know, then he’s gonna surrender to us.

James: Well… hopefully that happens. Alright. Let’s get going then. No telling what he has planned.

The 2 of them ran out of the building and started to run towards the Beryl Bridge. When they started to run across it, they could see Corey standing there but when they got closer, they could see his entire team out of their PokeBalls. They stopped just a few feet from them.

dzRPkzR.png

James: Is that his Pokemon team?

Ame: What are you-

Corey: Good. You’re both here. Now then… the lot of you are done. You’ve served me well but now you’re free.

James: Wait. Is he releasing all of his Pokemon?

Ame: We usually give them an option whether they want to stay or become wild again if a leader passes away or gets arrested but this has never happened before.

Corey: Go on. Get lost!

All of the Pokemon stared at each other in confusion for a couple of seconds. Then 1 by 1, Skuntank, Mareanie, Croagunk and Skrelp left. The Nidorina started to leave but then looked back at her former trainer 1 more time and then left. The Crobat was the only 1 that didn’t leave. After being scolded by Corey, it eventually flew away. Corey then went over to the side of the bridge and dropped all of the PokeBalls off of it. Ame and James couldn’t believe what they were seeing.

James: That’s… That’s heartless!

Ame: What was all of that about?

Corey: Does it matter anymore?

James: It does to me! How could you do that to your Pokemon!

Corey: They’re not my Pokemon anymore. They are free now.

James: You really are evil. Your daughter is right about you…

Ame: James-

James: No! It’s true! He doesn’t care about anyone but himself!

Corey: …It really doesn’t matter what you think of me. Not anymore. But I suppose you are interested in why I joined Team Meteor?

James: Yes!

Ame: I would like to know. This just isn’t how you are Corey…

Corey: Fine then… I was cursed by my own luck.

James: Cursed by your own luck? What are you talking about?

Corey: I suppose I should start at the beginning. There was a ring. A brilliant Ruby Ring. I purchased it from a collector some time ago. I’m not 1 for jewelry but it was the most dazzling ring I had ever seen. I decided that I would introduce that ring to what true beauty was. I promised it to my love and she gladly accepted. It wasn’t long after we were married that my wife became pregnant. We were both very excited. Back then, I was happy. I was naive. My wife didn’t survive Heather’s birth.

Ame: I remember that. I read it in the Reborn newspaper when it happened. It was some kind of machine backfire.

Corey: That’s what I was told as well… but that’s not all. The doctor assigned to her had, at some point, taken the ring and would not return it to me.

James: Look, I’m sorry your wife… succumbed while giving birth and that the doctor wasn’t a good person and stole the ring from her but what does this have to do with you joining Team Meteor?

Corey: Well… I later found out that he had been dispatched by Team Meteor to obtain that ring. I did what I could, but in the end, I was unable to recover it.

Ame: Wait… Corey, are you telling me that you joined them so you could keep the ring?

Corey: …Yes. I agreed to serve them as long as I was allowed to keep the ring.

James: You joined Team Meteor to keep some stupid ring?!

Corey: It’s not some stupid ring! It’s my wife’s ring! It’s the last token to our happiness..! I did everything I had to in order to keep it. But I admit it… I was selfish.

Ame: I get that you wanted to keep the happiness and keep her in some way but… that wasn’t the correct way to do it.

Corey: I know this now. I placed my own desires above what was best for Heather. And now because of it, she’s gone. Ame… James… That Ruby Ring… Heather has it now.

James: How do you know?

Corey: As I was coming out of the Gym, I ran into her. She was already planning on telling me she had it and running away… But what she doesn’t know is that she’ll be hunted for it.

Ame: What?! You knew this and you just let her keep it?!

Corey: …I want you both to do me a lifetime favor… Please watch over her for me.

James: Lifetime favor to watch over her for you? Why wo- Whoa whoa. What are you doing?!

Ame: Corey! Get down from there!

Corey had jumped up on the edge of the bridge. He moved his head downward looking at the ground below. This bridge was really high up. 1 wrong move and Corey would fall and be dead as soon as he hit the ground.

Ame: Corey! Don’t do this! She still needs you!

Corey: No Ame… I no longer have the right to call myself her father.

James: Hey! What I said before was brutal but I was wrong for it! Don’t do anything rash! Just come back over! Please!

Corey: -turns around, spreads arms and closes eyes- My love. I’ll be with you soon.

Ame: COREY NO!

WIX8kU9.png

Ame went running over to Corey but it was too late. He fell backwards off the bridge and plummeted down to the ground below. James couldn’t believe what he had just seen. A man just threw himself off of the bridge, killing himself. Ame looked over the bridge. She started to cry when she saw his body all bloody with bones sticking out of his body. James ran over to her and pulled her from there and embraced her. She pressed her face onto his shoulders and cried. James had never seen Ame like this before. But he couldn’t blame her. She just witnessed someone killing themselves. James tried her best to calm her down but all he could do was keep hugging here to try to comfort her. The both of them slid down onto the ground, now sitting. James kept hugging her as she let out all her tears. This lasted for about an hour. Ame was starting to tire out from all of the crying. James was tired too. A half hour later, Ame was totally asleep, lying on James shoulder. James held his head back, looking up at the sky. He never expected his Pokemon journey in the Reborn Region to be going like this. But he knew he had to keep going. He had to save the Reborn Region from Team Meteor and help rebuild itself. Plus, he wanted to help out his girlfriend in anyway he could. He knew she would probably be a mess from this incident but he was gonna be there for her no matter what. Eventually, James too drifted off to sleep.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 30

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 30

Moveset: Drain Punch/Feint Attack/Needle Arm/Spikes

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 30

yBhrx2u.gif

Mr. Mime/Male/Level 30

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 30

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 30

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 30

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 30

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 30

tvEzBMe.gif

Mareep/Female/Level 30

Moveset: Charge Beam/Power Gem/Electro Ball/Electric Terrain

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Corey: +1 (1/10) - It's horrible for what happened to his wife but joining a terrorist group just to keep a piece of jewelry that belonged to your wife? That's not cool. But... you didn't have to do what you did. Rest In Peace Corey...

OyYV7ca.png

Early the next day, James woke up. His back and neck hurt a lot and felt very stiff. Sleeping up against a hard surface for hours was probably not a good thing for him or Ame at this point. James looked over to her. She was still sound asleep.

c9tKsFN.png

He was happy that at least for right now she wasn’t crying. He quietly and carefully moved Ame and had her lay down on the ground. He got up and stretched and looked up into the air. He never thought there could be a beautiful view in this region but he was getting 1 right now. The sun was just peaking over the desert and everything just looked gorgeous. But then James remembered back to last night and what had occurred.

James: Corey was on the edge of the bridge and just… I don’t want to think about it…

James then remembered that he never healed his Pokemon after battling all of those policemen back in Corey’s Gym. He decided that he’d go to the PokeCenter and heal his Pokemon while also trying to unstiffen himself. He walked to the PokeCenter and got his team all healed up. As he stepped outside, he looked to his left and saw a Bellsprout and Weepinbell.

GYfbOZj.png

They stared at him for a couple of seconds and then started to run off. This made James remember back to the Weepinbell he had that evolved into Victreebel. To which he was forced to trade away for another Weepinbell with Sweet Scent and then that 1 was kicked away by Jessie, never to be seen again. Then he decided. He was gonna catch 1 of them. He chased them up towards Corey’s Gym and and then headed to the left. The scenery changed from nice and beautiful to somewhat spooky. There were pumpkins and tombstones around the place. He looked ahead and could see the Bellsprout and Weepinbell. James got all excited and went to run up to them to catch them but out of nowhere, 2 Victreebel came dropping down in front of them. They stared him down.

vMyYRuG.png

James: Hmm. Those 2 must be the parents of that Bellsprout and Weepinbell which would make them siblings… That’s so adorable!

Male Victreebel: -curious screech and then excited screech-

James: Umm… Are you ok? You’re- Wait! What are you doing?! Ahh!

The Victreebel had put half of James’ body into its mouth.

XqAiRtE.png

James struggled to get out of it but also in a way, he missed this. But then he realized something. This Victreebel was doing the exactly same thing his Victreebel used to do. Suddenly, he could hear Ame’s voice yell out to him.

Ame: James…? James! Oh my Arceus! Hold on! Get off you!

James: Wait wait! Don’t hurt it!

The 2 of them were able to get the Victreebel off of him and back onto the ground. The Victreebel was jumping up and down with a look of happiness on its face. James couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

Ame: Alright! It’s time I sent you packin’!

James: Ame wait! Don’t!

Ame: What do you mean don’t?! That thing tried to eat you just now!

James: I don’t think that’s what it was trying to do.

Ame: What else could it have possibly been doing?!

James: Victreebel… Do you… remember me?

Male Victreebel: -screeches and nods its head yes-

James: -tearing up- F-From Kanto?

Male Victreebel: -happily screeches-

James: I-I can’t believe it… It’s my Victreebel.

Ame: Your Victreebel? How?

James: Long ago when I was still apart of Team Rocket, I was forced to trade my Victreebel for a Weepinbell with Sweet Scent. Apparently, the person I traded it to must have released it. Hey wait… Are you the Victreebel that Jessie kicked into the woods?

Female Victreebel: -screeches nonchalantly and nods yes-

James: Tha-That’s incredible! You 2 met up and had babies! But how did you get here? Kanto and Reborn are far away from each other.

Ame: A while ago, we were short on Pokemon. The Bellsprout family being 1 of them. We asked Reborn if they would send us over an of the Bellsprout family over and we got quite a few. Actually, if I remember correctly, there were only 2 Victreebels that were brought over… That must have been you 2.

Male Victreebel: -happily screeches-

Ame: I’m shocked that these 2 used to belong to you though. Also glad you’re not with that group anymore. You shouldn’t have to be forced to trade or release your Pokemon.

James: Well they are a pain in the neck but… I’m always gonna have a soft spot for them. As for you 4, it seems as though you’re doing quite well. I won’t try to capture your kids.

Male Victreebel: -screeches happily-

Suddenly, everyone could hear a group of Pokemon calling out. They looked down the stairs and could see a Bellossom, Vileplume, Gloom and Oddish. They seemed like they wanted to fight the Victreebel family. The 2 Victreebel’s and the Weepinbell got ready for battle while the Bellsprout hid away from everything. James and Ame stood back as everything took place. With the battle being be 3 V 4, the Oddish family defeated the Victreebel family. They then walked away triumphantly. James and Ame went over to make sure that the 2 Victreebels and Weepinbell were ok. They luckily were and soon recovered enough energy to start walking around. James was relieved.

James: I’m glad you guys are ok. But what was that all about?

Ame: For some reason, the Oddish and Bellsprout family line always seem to have a problem with each other.

James: Well that’s horrible…

Ame: Hey James. Can I speak to you really quick? About… you know… last night?

James: Uhh, yea… sure…

Ame: I’m just… That whole thing kind of fucked me up you know? I didn’t expect him to do that. Let alone me witnessing it. I really want to thank you for being there for me when it all went down.

James: Well that’s no problem hun.

Ame: I think I’m gonna head back to the Grand Hall now. I’ve been away for probably a little too long.

James: Ohh. Well ok. Do you want me to come with you?

Ame: I’ll be fine… Really. Besides, I get the feeling that you wanna help out your former Pokemon teammates right?

James: Heh… You know me too well.

Ame: Again, thank you James. -kisses him- I’ll see you later ok?

James: Alright Ame. Be safe.

Ame turned around and started to walk to the Grand Hall. James kind of felt bad for letting her go on her own but he figured that if she wanted him to go, she would have told him to. He turned back to the Victreebel family. He walked up to the Bellsprout. The little Pokemon walked up to James and looked up to him. It then proceeded to hug his leg. James smiled at it.

James: Well you obviously don’t like to battle huh?

Bellsprout: Bellsprout? Bell… Bellsprout… -shakes head no-

James: I get it. It’s scary. But your family needs you. Even your… umm… your sibling is helping their parents out. You have to try as well.

The Bellsprout looked down at the ground. It then looked at its parents and Weepinbell. They all looked back at the Bellsprout. They then came around it and gave it a hug, along with James. After that, the Bellsprout looked up at James and showed a determined face.

James: Alright. Let’s have you practice some moves. And then you all will have a rematch this afternoon. Got it?

Bellsprout: Bellsprout!

James then started to train the Bellsprout. It was tough at 1st. But gradually, it started to get more confident with it’s moves and they started to hot more powerful than it was able to before. After a couple of hours training, James felt that it was ready for a rematch.

James: Alright. You guys go towards the entrance of the ward. I’ll find the Oddish family and have them meet up with you.

Male Victreebel: -screeches confidently-

Bellsprout: Bellsprout Bell!

James: That’s the spirit little guy!

The Victreebel family left to go towards the entrance of the ward. James went on the search for the Oddish family. It didn’t take long to find them. When he did, told told them that the Pokemon they had beaten before were looking for a rematch and that they wanted to meet them near the entrance of the ward. They seemed eager. James lead them to where the battle was taking place. James stood out of the way. They all stared down each other.

noaINLG.png

The battle then started. All 8 were battling and they seemed to be very even. But despite the Bellsprout being more comfortable, there were times where it was afraid to attack. The Oddish was powering up an Energy Ball attack. It fired the attack at the again scared Bellsprout. James couldn’t help but jump into the way of it and took the attack. Bellsprout watched as James fell down to the ground. It ran up to him to make sure he was ok.

James: Ow… That hurt… But I’m fine… Urgh…

Bellsprout: Bellsprout…? Bellsprout… BELLSPROUT!

Bellsprout jumped in front of James and looked at the Oddish with anger. Before any attack had been shot though, the Bellsprout began to glow a light blue-ish color. James looked on in awe as the timid little Bellsprout evolved into a Weepinbell.

ryZPLH7.gif

The newly evolved Weepinbell then ran over to the Oddish and had some of its body inside of its mouth. James had no idea what the Pokemon was doing but it seemed to be doing the trick. Soon, the Oddish was fainted. James got up and went over to the Weepinbell and praised it for defeating its enemy and for also evolving. James took out his Pokedex and checked the moves the Weepinbell had.

James: Let’s see here… Vine Whip… Acid… Sleep Powder… Leech Life? Is that the move you used Weepinbell?

Weepinbell: Weepinbell!~

James: That’s great! Let’s help out the rest of the rest of your family.

The 2 ran over to where the rest were battling. Thanks to the newly evolved Weepinbell, the Victreebel family was able to beat the Oddish family and come out victorious. The defeated family then ran off towards the jungle in frustration. The 2 Victreebels and the Weepinbell sibling were proud of the newly evolved Weepinbell for evolving and getting over its fear of battling. The lot of them went onto the bridge and stared out towards the city. It was a good start to James’ day.

James: Well I’m glad we’ve had this time together. But I gotta get back on my journey. It was really good meeting you Victreebel. Brought back a lot of good memories.

Male Victreebel: -screeches happily-

James: Guess I’ll see you all la- huh?

James felt something tug on his leg. When he looked down, he could see the Weepinbell holding onto his leg. He knelt down and patted the little guy on the head.

James: I’m glad I got to meet you too. But I gotta go.

Weepinbell: Weepin Weepinbell!

James’ main Victreebel came up to the both of them. It and the Weepinbell then started to talk to each other. Victreebel got a happy look across its face. It then looked at James, wrapped the Weepinbell with its vine and handed it over to James.

James: Victreebel? What are you doing?

Male Victreebel: -screeches happily and insists James holds the Weepinbell-

Weepinbell: Weepin Weepinbell!~

James: Are you… saying Weepinbell can come with me?

Victreebel: -nods its head yes-

James: That’s… That’s great! -takes out a PokeBall- So you really wanna come with me don’t you.

Weepinbell: Weepinbell. -nods its head yes-

James: Well welcome to the team buddy.

James took the PokeBall and pressed it up against the Weepinbell’s head. It went inside, jiggled a couple of times and then signaled that the capture was complete. Just then, a huge explosion could be heard and rocked the bridge. James fell onto the ground. When the shaking stopped, James and the Victreebel family looked over the bridge.

qiT19Qn.png

They could see a plume of smoke rising up into the air. James knew it had to be Team Meteor. He ran off towards the explosion to see what had happened.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 30

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 30

yBhrx2u.gif

Mr. Mime/Male/Level 30

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 30

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 30

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 30

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 30

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 30

tvEzBMe.gif

Mareep/Female/Level 30

qnJiy8v.gif

Weepinbell/Male/Level 27

Nature: Adamant/Ability: Gluttony

Moveset: Leech Life/Acid/Vine Whip/Sleep Powder

• Like 1

I didn't recall you had this epic running as well. That's nice and entertaining to read.

I'm rather surprised by your take on Heather -- it's making her more of a person and less of a brat, so it's definitely a good thing. The only thing I'm puzzled at is her ability to read Ame -- she's been raised by Corey who believes that pain is the cement and mortar of reality and her only friend is Shelly, she's 10... How is she even aware of the concept (or the words) of boy- or girlfriend?

Also, I definitely am curious on how much you'll have Ame travel instead of working in the cellar of the Grand Hall, and how it'll impact the story. 

Finally, I might be mistaken, but doesn't Corey normally mention revenge at Beryl Bridge when you saved the police officers? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mindlack said:

I didn't recall you had this epic running as well. That's nice and entertaining to read.

I'm rather surprised by your take on Heather -- it's making her more of a person and less of a brat, so it's definitely a good thing. The only thing I'm puzzled at is her ability to read Ame -- she's been raised by Corey who believes that pain is the cement and mortar of reality and her only friend is Shelly, she's 10... How is she even aware of the concept (or the words) of boy- or girlfriend?

Also, I definitely am curious on how much you'll have Ame travel instead of working in the cellar of the Grand Hall, and how it'll impact the story. 

Finally, I might be mistaken, but doesn't Corey normally mention revenge at Beryl Bridge when you saved the police officers? 

Yea. I'm kind of doing a lot of these at the moment. James (This is actually a restart. I had another thread like this except he used completely different Pokemon he only caught in Reborn but I wasn't feeling it) Bonnie, a couple of years older, me as you obviously know and also me but in Rejuvenation. If you haven't played that game yet, I'd definitely suggest you check it out. It's pretty wild.

Well I kind of think she's still a brat even the way I've written her in this. And the whole thing with her knowing about boyfriends and girlfriends, maybe it's just me but kids seem to know when a couple is... well a couple. So I just made her like that. Btw, maybe it's because I just woke up and my brain is still trying to work but are you saying Heather is 10 or Shelly is 10? Shelly, I believe, is 12. Heather is either 9 or just about to turn 10 in the game.

Well she's definitely gonna be involved a lot more than usual. I'm not gonna have her there at every Meteor event though but there are gonna be times where she's there for the good times as well.

Ummm… I didn't see him say that so... I'm not sure. I usually look at my playthrough of the game for the dialogue when I'm writing the story down.

1 hour ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Yea. I'm kind of doing a lot of these at the moment. James (This is actually a restart. I had another thread like this except he used completely different Pokemon he only caught in Reborn but I wasn't feeling it) Bonnie, a couple of years older, me as you obviously know and also me but in Rejuvenation. If you haven't played that game yet, I'd definitely suggest you check it out. It's pretty wild.

Well I kind of think she's still a brat even the way I've written her in this. And the whole thing with her knowing about boyfriends and girlfriends, maybe it's just me but kids seem to know when a couple is... well a couple. So I just made her like that. Btw, maybe it's because I just woke up and my brain is still trying to work but are you saying Heather is 10 or Shelly is 10? Shelly, I believe, is 12. Heather is either 9 or just about to turn 10 in the game.

Well she's definitely gonna be involved a lot more than usual. I'm not gonna have her there at every Meteor event though but there are gonna be times where she's there for the good times as well.

Ummm… I didn't see him say that so... I'm not sure. I usually look at my playthrough of the game for the dialogue when I'm writing the story down.

Yeah, I'm currently trying to catch up on your "Guzma" Rejuv playthrough. And I've also been reading your adventures in the region, although you're not exactly as far. 😀

About Heather: yeah, I meant that Heather was 10, it was a bit unclear. Shelly's 12, I'm pretty confident. I understand your point about kids being perceptive, and that's a good one. What I was trying to point out is the following: "where would Heather have learnt of the general concept?", or in other words: "could Ame and James the actual first boyfriend/girlfriend couple she meets?". Boy/girlfriends are rather under-represented in kids' books, and I don't see Shelly or Corey explaining her the idea. Fortunately there still are movies, but do you really see Corey watch "Dexoy Wars" with her? And I agree she's still a brat, but she still acts quite responsibly -- your Heather, at this point in the story, is much more respect-worthy than her canonical counterpart. 

For Corey's speech: I checked from a Youtube playthrough that indeed, he didn't say that at this point. I'm puzzled, I don't know where I saw it then. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

vuwFlg6.jpg

James ran as fast as he could to the area of the explosion, even though he didn’t know exactly how to get there. He remembered when he was on top of the bridge that he could see the Grand Hall. So he decided to head there and find his way to the place from there. It didn’t take long for him to get there. Luckily for him, the explosion area was just up north from the building. So he took off running again. As he got closer to the carnage, he could see a group of people standing in front of some staircases. When he got to the front, he saw a huge hole in them. It was devastating to see. James was about to go up for a closer look when a police officer stopped him.

Police Officer: Halt. I’m sorry but no 1 can pass here at this moment.

James: I just want to see the… the hole…

Police Officer: I’m sorry but I have my orders. No civilians or Pokemon Trainers are allowed past here at this time. So I’m afraid-

???: Let him pass!

James and the police officer looked back towards the crowd and standing in front was Ame. She ran up to James and gave him a big hug, which he returned back. He could tell that she was happy to see him but wasn’t happy with this whole bombing situation.

Police Officer: Miss Ame? Are you sure?

Ame: Yes. He’s allowed to go past here. Everyone else must stay back. Me and him will take a look at this.

Police Officer: Well as long as you say so. I’m sorry for the trouble sir.

James: It’s alright. I understand.

The police officer stood to the side and James and Ame walked up towards the hole. The size of it was quite massive. They peered down inside of it and were shocked to see what was inside. It looked like very colorful rocks and gems glittering down inside the hole. Neither of them had ever seen anything like this before.

WzLY0ed.png

James: What are those?

Ame: I’m not sure but whatever it is, Team Meteor obviously wants something to do with them.

James: So what do we do? Just jump down there and look for them?

Ame: Hmm… No. I don’t think that’d be a good idea. We wouldn’t have a way back up then.

James: Then what do we do?

Ame: I’m gonna have some of the officials brings a ladder here and take a look down there and see if they can find anything. I’m gonna have to take care of paperwork for this.

James: I guess I should go along with them then.

Ame: Actually no… I have something for you to do.

James: Ok. What is it hun?

Ame: Last night when Corey… his body is still in the Lapis Ward.

James: Wait. No 1 has gone there to clear it up?

Ame: I never made the call to do anything about it. When I got back here, I took a nap. My back and neck were killing me and that helped rest me up a bit.

James: I understand. I kind of feel the same way but I know I can’t rest right now.

Ame: I’m sorry for making you go sort that mess out. I mean you saw him do it too and…

Ame started to tear up again thinking about how Corey climbed up on top of the edge of the bridge and threw himself off of it. James went over to her and hugged her to try to comfort her. He looked at her and wiped a tear that was rolling down her cheek. She looked at him with a smile and nuzzled into his chest. She then tried to regain her composure.

Ame: A-Anyways… Please deal that for me.

James: Of course. Anything for you my dear.

Ame: Thank you James. I must get back to the Grand Hall and make preparations for this. This is gonna be 1 hell of a day.

James: I’ll see you later then hun.

They leaned in towards each other and locked lips. Ame then went on her way to the Grand Hall as James went towards the Lapis Ward. He didn’t know exactly where to search for Corey’s body but he hoped not a lot of people had noticed it. As he started his search for the corpse, he came upon a woman with redish, purple hair. As he came up closer, he could hear her talking to a door to a building.

???: Finally… Today’s your birthday. You can escape. Be out of this hellhole forever. Be strong sister and vengeance shall be ours.

James: Umm…

I9mu3Ax.png

???: Ohh. Sorry for being in your way.

James: What were you-

Before James could finish his sentence though, the woman quickly walked away. He looked at the sign in front of the building that the woman was just in front of. It was apparently some kind of orphanage and psych ward. He thought why the woman would want her sister to have vengeance on a place like this. But he didn’t have time for that right now. He had to continue his search for Corey’s lifeless body. He looked up and could see the bridge that he was on not too long ago. He decided to run up towards there and search. But when he was getting closer, he could see a gathering of people up ahead. While it wasn’t as many as with the bombing area, it was enough to know that things were not ok here. As he got closer, he could see blood splatter on the bridges walls. Near them was Victoria and a rather young girl. Victoria seemed to be trying to calm the girl down. James went up to them to see if they were ok.

uokmOqh.png

James: Victoria!

Victoria: Huh? Ohh! James! You’re here too.

James: Yea. Ame asked me to come here to look for… My Arceus…

James only saw the blood splatter but didn’t see the body. But when he looked down and saw Corey’s mangled body, he was horified. His face was unrecognizable, bones were popping out of his body, there were deep gashes in his body. It was not a good sight.

Victoria: Yea… It’s not a pretty sight…

???: I… I don’t-

Victoria: Shelly, honey, stay away from there.

James: Shouldn’t we take her away from here? This isn’t something a child should see.

Victoria: I’ve been trying to for a while but she won’t move.

Shelly: I don’t… understand… He’s -starts to tear up and sniffle-

Victoria: Ohh no. No no. Don’t cry. We really need to get you inside Shelly.

Shelly: This is… I-I can’t… breathe…

James: Nobody should see something this horrifying…

Shelly: Th-That’s Heather’s dad… I…

James: So you know him too?

Shelly: Yes… Heather and I are… are…

Victoria: Come on Shelly, Let’s get you inside your Gym.

James: Wait. You’re a Gym Leader?

Shelly: Y-Yes…

Victoria: I was about to have my Gym Battle with her but we looked outside and noticed something weird all over the bridge wall. Obviously it was the blood…

James: That’s… I’m sorry you had to see this…

He looked down at the body of Corey. While he did feel sorry for him, there was still the information about him being apart of Team Meteor. James was struggling with himself on the inside if he should tell Victoria and Shelly about him and his affiliation with them. His thinking got interrupted however by a familiar Team Meteor member voice coming from above.

Eclipse: Aster and Eclipse reporting. Agent Beryl confirmed deceased.

Victoria: Huh? -turns around- Team Meteor? Wait… Don’t tell me you guys did this!

AfBKsoX.png

Aster: Pfft! As if! That was OUR-

James: Shut it you 2!

Eclipse: I was going to shut him up myself but that’ll work. However… I want you to listen here girly. It’s best for everyone if you keep your nose out of Meteor’s business. Come on Aster. We’re leaving.

Victoria: Grrr! You think we’re just gonna let you 2 get away from here?!

Eclipse: How exactly are you going to stop us when we’re up and you lot are down there?

Aster: Besides, we need to meet the rest of the team at the staircase.

James: The Staircase? Then it’s true! You lot blew it up!

Aster: Nooo. Of course not. A fucking Sunkern did it. Of course we did it!

Eclipse: Ugh. You’re a fool. Why not just tell them the whole plan while you’re at it.

Aster: Well… Ok! So apparently, underneath the Stairway, there’s a- ow!

Eclipse had turned around and slapped Aster in the back of the head. This moment was funny but only for a second. The seriousness of the situation had just went up. Way up. The strange duo left the area. Victoria turned to talk to Shelly but instead, screamed. James and Shelly turned to what Victoria was screaming at. James was scared at what he was seeing but shockingly, Shelly didn’t seem at all scared. A shadowy figure was floating above them. It was actually floating over Corey’s corpse.

tK92KBU.png

James: Wh-What is that?!

Victoria: When did he get there?!

Shelly: O-Oh. That’s Shade… What do you w-want Shade?

James: You know that… that ghost?

Victoria: Wait. Shade? But isn’t that-

All of a sudden, Corey’s body started to disappear, along with the blood splatter that was on the ground and bridge wall. This Shade person didn’t look down at the group at all and disappeared. This left Victoria and James shaken a bit but Shelly seemed fine with it.

Victoria: And just like that… he’s gone… How strange.

James: What is he gonna do with the body?

Victoria: I’m not sure but… we should get inside before anything else weird happens.

James: I agree. Come on Shelly.

Shelly: O-Ok.

MEANWHILE ON TOP OF BERYL BRIDGE

91q8KEU.png

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 30

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 30

yBhrx2u.gif

Mr. Mime/Male/Level 30

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 30

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 30

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 30

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 30

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 30

tvEzBMe.gif

Mareep/Female/Level 30

qnJiy8v.gif

Weepinbell/Male/Level 30

Nature: Adamant/Ability: Gluttony

Moveset: Leech Life/Acid/Vine Whip/Sleep Powder

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Victoria: (8/10 NO CHANGE!) - James can't believe that she saw Corey's body. Especially in the condition it was in. He's glad she was there for the little girl though.

Shelly: +3 (3/10) - James is sadden that she saw something so horrific and at such a young age too. But she's a Gym Leader? Why would such a young person be a Gym Leader especially at a place like this?

Shade: +0 (0/10) - What the hell was that thing?

• Like 2