James' Reborn Adventure!

J-Awesome_One

Who should James use in his rival battles against Cain & Victoria?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who should James use in his rival battles against Cain & Victoria?

• Growlie
    • Cacnea
    • Chimecho
    • Mime Jr.
    • Carnivine
    • Yamask
    • Amoonguss
    • Inkay
    • Mareanie

This poll is closed to new votes

CpIyquQ.jpg

James, Jessie & Meowth: Looks like Team Rocket is blasting off again!

It was about the 2,000th time that the trio of criminals had been blasted off into the sky by Pikachu’s Thunderbolt attack but they were used to it. They landed somewhere in a forest. After resting for a bit, the 3 got up and started to plot their plan to try to capture the little mouse Pokemon the next day. But James stayed back a bit behind Jessie and Meowth. He was thinking of something. He was starting to realize that he wasn’t enjoying this pointless, continuous mission of trying to get this Electric Pokemon from a 10 year old boy. The 2 noticed James staying behind them instead of walking with them.

Meowth: -whispering to Jessie- What’s with him?

Jessie: -whispering back to Meowth- I don’t know but he’ll probably come out of it eventually.

The 3 walked back to their hideout which was in Bewear’s home. The pair sat down and began to eat fruit that was placed there waiting for them. James ate slow as the other 2 scarfed down the food. Pretty soon, it was late and they all went to sleep, except for James. He stayed up for a bit. He got up and walked out of the den and stared up at the stars. He loved Jessie and Meowth and appreciated Team Rocket for taking him in when he wasn’t really enjoying his life. But he had enough of it. He wanted a normal life or at least anything close to a normal life. He smiled as he made up his mind.

James: Tomorrow… I must tell those 2 the truth. I’m going to quit Team Rocket.

James returned back to the den and laid down to sleep. The next day, the trio woke up from a good night’s rest. James knew he had to tell his 2 friends his decision. He just didn’t know how they’d take the news.

Jessie: Alright. So today, we’re gonna-

James: Umm… Can I say somethin-

Jessie: Is it pertaining to the mission?

James: No but I-

Jessie: Then keep quiet! Now as I was saying-

James: But Jessie, I really need to-

Meowth: Would you keep your big mouth closed? We need to figure a way to capture Pikachu.

James: But guys, this is really impo-

Jessie: Ugh! Would you just pipe down already James?!

James: HEY! I NEED TO SAY SOMETHING HERE AND YOU 2 WILL LISTEN TO ME!

Jessie and Meowth were shocked at James raising his voice to them like that. He never really did that to them, mostly out of fear for being hit by them or being yelled at. But he needed to tell them.

Jessie: Ohh… Fine. What is it?

James: Look… These past few years together have been great and all but-

Meowth: But what? Just spit it out.

James:… I’m quitting Team Rocket.

Jessie & Meowth: WHAT?!

James: I’m quitting Team Rocket.

Jessie: Quitting Team Rocket?! That’s nonsense!

Meowth: What in the world would you wanna do that for anyways?!

James: This whole trying to catch Pikachu thing just isn’t for me anymore.

Jessie: Look, if you wanna go after something else besides the Pikachu, then fine. But that’s no reason to-

James: No. That’s not the only reason. I thought I was a true bad guy but I’m not.

Meowth: What? Of course you are! You’re 1 of us!

James: I thank you for the compliment Meowth but it’s just not me anymore. I’ve kind of started to feel bad for stealing Pokemon away from trainers. I’ve changed. I’m… I’m a good guy. I think I have been for a long time. I just never acted on it.

Tears started to roll down the faces of the 3. Jessie and Meowth didn’t want James to leave them. Even if they did fight a lot, they were like family and they didn’t want to split up.

Jessie: -tears in her eyes- But… But if you go, this trio will become a duo.

James: -wipes away the tears from his eyes- I know Jessie. I don’t want to hurt both of your feelings but I just had to tell you both.

Meowth: -wipes the tears out of his eyes- Hey… You maybe quitting but… you’ll always be apart of this family. You dig?

James: Yes… I do.

The Pokemon jumped up onto James and gave him a huge hug. He had accepted the fact that James wanted to leave and wanted him to be happy. Jessie couldn’t believe what Meowth was doing though.

Jessie: M-Meowth?! What are you doing?! Are you just giving up on us?!

Meowth: No but look at him! He’s not happy being here!

Jessie: So it’s us then! Is that it James?!

James: What?! No! Of course not. I’m just… I want out of the bad guy stuff and just be part of a normal life. This just isn’t for me anymore.

Jessie looked down at the ground. Tears were starting to roll down her face even more now. She didn’t want James to go. They were a trio. They were a 3 of a kind. But most importantly, they were a family.

Meowth: Hey Jessie. Listen. I’ve been with you guys from the start and even I could tell way early on that this guy wasn’t fully bad. Always doing what’s right. Sometimes helping people. He’s… he’s a goody guy and deserves to live a happy life if he wants to. -looks up at James- Whatever happens after today, just know that we always got your back alright?

James: R-Right. Thanks Meowth.

Meowth: I’ll give you 2 some space.

Meowth walked out of the den. James walked over to Jessie who was still facing down at the ground. The sound of her silently crying hurt James inside. He knelt down beside her.

James: -puts his hand on her shoulder- Hey-

Jessie: Get off of me!

James: Ohh… Ok. Sorry.

Jessie:… No. I’m sorry. I just… I don’t want our family to split up.

James: I get it Jessie. I don’t want to either. But this is what I want to do. It’s what I need to do.

Jessie: So… this is it then?

James: I guess so. But we’ll always be friends.

Jessie: James…

James: Jessie…

Jessie and James: I LOVE YOU!!!

The 2 gave each other a big hug.

AWLRvPn.jpg

Both of them had streams of tears rolling down their faces. The hug lasted for a while. The 2 finally let go and wiped the tears away from their faces. And smiled at each other. At that point, Meowth came walking in. He could see that the 2 made up.

Meowth: So… what now?

James: Well I’m gonna be leaving Alola and going back to Kanto.

Jessie: Yea. You gotta let the boss know.

Meowth: Tch. That’s easier said than done.

James: Yea. I hope he doesn’t think that I’m gonna tell the police anything. I just want out.

Jessie: Well James, I’ll miss working with you. But maybe I’ll get a partner that actually can get stuff done.

James: -chuckles- Maybe. But yea. I think I’m gonna- Uck!

From behind, Bewear gave James a big hug. When she was done, she dropped him to the ground. James withered in pain from the hug but appreciated it as well. He was grateful that the Bewear let them use the den as part of their headquarters. It took a few minutes for him to stand back up but he finally did.

James: Ohh. My aching back. I’ll miss you too Bewear.

Jessie: I know you want to stop doing the bad guy stuff but I think you have to do it 1 more time.

Meowth: Yea. You gotta sneak onto a place so you don’t have to pay for it.

James: Yea. I guess I do. But it’ll be worth it.

Meowth: See ya James. I’ll miss ya.

Jessie: Good luck James!

James: Thanks you 2. And good luck.

James exited the den and went to the airport on MeleMele Island. He snuck past the guards and was able to stow himself away in the bagging area of the plane. It was a long ride but it was worth it. The next day, the plane landed in Kanto. James snuck past the guards again and left the airport. He then started his long trail back to the official Team Rocket Headquarters.

• Like 3

PY6pJkE.png

Team Rokcet’s Headquarters were very close to Pallet Town. James walked all the way there. As he walked, he wondered what his boss was gonna say to him quitting Team Rocket. Was he gonna shut James up as soon as he uttered those words? Was he gonna be held prisoner out of fear of telling where their headquarters were at? He wasn’t sure and he was nervous of the outcome but he knew he had to do it. At last, he made it. He walked up to the front of the building, pressed the button. A mechanical voice could be heard telling James to present his name and ID number. James send it and the doors in front of him opened up. James walked through the building and went to Giovanni’s room. As he was heading down a hallway, he ran into 2 very familiar but unwelcoming Team Rocket Grunts.

Butch: James? What are you doing here?

Cassidy: Where are your 2 loser friends?

James: Huh? Ohh. Cassidy and Blotch right?

Butch: IT’S BUTCH! BUTCH BUTCH BUTCH!

Cassidy: Shut it will ya Barch?

Butch: Why does no 1 remember my name?

Cassidy: You gonna answer my question?

James: Ohh. I’m… quitting Team Rocket.

Butch: Quitting Team Rocket? Are you mad?

Cassidy: Do you really think he’s just gonna let you walk right on out of here after you tell him that?

James: Maybe but-

Butch: You know Cassidy, him and his dumb partners of his never really did good at this job anyways.

Cassidy: You’re right. You’re probably doing us all a favor by quitting.

James: You can make fun of me all you want. I don’t want this life anymore. I just want to live happy and free.

Cassidy: Aren’t you like a rich person or something?

Butch: Yea. You’ll be living in luxury.

Cassidy: Why even join Team Rocket in the 1st place? That’s so-

James: You know, just because someone is rich doesn’t mean they’re always happy. Sure they can buy stuff but that only lasts a little while. Plus, my parents tried to force me in an arranged marriage. That’s not the life I wanted. Team Rocket took me in. I’m grateful for this team and always will but I’m tired of being the bad guy and-

Cassidy: Are you done with the sad childhood story yet? We really don’t care.

James: Another plus side of quitting is to never seeing you 2 again. -continues to walk towards Giovanni’s room-

Cassidy: Well good! We don’t wanna see you either!

Butch: Yea. Bye Jomes!

Cassidy: Jomes? It’s James. Remember names Batch.

Butch: WHAT THE- Ugh. I give up.

James continued to walk down the hall. He got to an elevator, go in and went to the top floor. When the elevator got to the top floor, James got off of it and walked to the end of the hall way. There was a Team Rocket Grunt there. He stopped James from walking in.

Team Rocket Grunt: State your business with the Boss.

James: I need to speak to him. It’s… important.

Team Rocket Grunt: Hold on. -dials up a phone- Hello Boss. I have a Team Rocket Member who wishes to speak with you. He told me it was important. Mhm… Mhm… Ok. Roger that sir. -hangs up the phone- The Boss has ordered me to allow you to enter. Please go on through.

James: Thank you.

The Grunt opened the door and James walked in. He walked up into the room until he heard a booming voice say “Stop right there!” James froze in fear. In front of him was a back of a swivel chair. It spun around and there he was. It was Giovanni. His Persian walked up to him. Giovanni pet it. His eyes locked onto James’ eyes. James had had meetings with him before but never felt like this around him before.

5LCUgjy.png

Giovanni: State your name and business here grunt!

James: Y-Yes sir! My name is James and-

Giovanni: Wait. James? James. Hmm.

James: Umm… The 1 that was paired up with Jessie and Meowth?

Giovanni: Ohh yes. That James. I’ve almost completely forgotten about you lot. Not much usefulness you lot are.

James: I guess you’re right…

Giovanni: Now state your business here with me. It’s rare I let grunts in here unless I’m holding a meeting with everyone. You’ve caught me in a rare good mood.

James: Y-Yes Boss! I have come here to umm… to report that I have to uhh… I’ve decided that I want to…

Giovanni: Spit it out already!

James: I’m here to resign from Team Rocket!

James closed his eyes for a few seconds waiting to hear his boss, or now, former boss to yell at him. But he didn’t hear anything. No screaming or anything. He opened his eyes and looked at Giovanni’s eyes. They didn’t seem mad but they also didn’t seem happy. They just seemed cold. James didn’t know what was going through his head.

James: Gi… Giovanni?

Giovanni: You plan on resigning from Team Rocket… You know, not many people ever have the pleasure of saying that and then leaving.

James: Uhh… Ohh?

Giovanni: Hmm… James right? You know, you haven’t really stolen anything really useful for us. In fact, I don’t think you’ve stolen a single Pokemon in all of the time you’ve been part of this organization.

James: I guess that’s true…

Giovanni: Well… today is your lucky day. As I’ve said before, you caught me on a rare day being in a good mood. I’m going to grant your resignation of being part of the Team Rocket organization.

James: R-Really?!

Giovanni: Yes. People may recognize you as once being part of Team Rocket but you aren’t a major threat. Also, I don’t have to worry about you telling anyone about the whereabouts of our Headquarters… correct?

James: Y-Yes Giovanni! I mean no Giovanni! I mean… I won’t tell anyone about the location of this building!

Giovanni: Good. You may leave and have a peaceful life.

James: Thank you. Ohh. Uhh… Before I go, I need to get my Pokemon back.

Giovanni: Get your Pokemon back? This is Team Rocket. Don’t forget that. A Pokemon that belongs to you belongs to all Team Rocket members.

James: But… But they’re…

James started to tear up. He thought he’d be able to get back his Amoonguss, Mime Jr., Carnivine, Inkay & Yamask back from this place but it seemed impossible now. James fell to his knees and started to weep right in front of Giovanni. The Leader of Team Rocket was getting tired of seeing this.

Giovanni: Ugh! James, stand up!

James: -stands up with tears in his eyes- Y-Yes.

Giovanni: Grunt! Come in here!

Team Rocket Grunt: -runs into the room and salutes Giovanni- Yes sir! What is it that you need?

Giovanni: Find out where this now ex Team Rocket member’s Pokemon are.

Team Rocket Grunt: Wait. Ex Team Rocket Member? But-

Giovanni: Are you ignoring a direct order from your Boss?!

Team Rocket Grunt: N-No sir! Sorry sir! Right away sir! Right. What Pokemon belong to you that are here and what is your name?

James: Let’s see. Amoonguss, Mime Jr., Carnivine, Inkay and Yamask. And my name is James.

Team Rocket Grunt: Right. Hold on.

The Team Rocket Grunt made a call. It took a couple of minutes and some more other calls but finally, it seemed he had gotten the information he was ordered to find.

Team Rocket Grunt: Right. James, your Pokemon are all in 1 place in the building. They’re on the 1st floor but they’re being guarded by another member of us. His name is Geoff.

Giovanni: Good. That will be all Grunt. Exit now!

Team Rocket Grunt: Yes Boss! -exits the room-

Giovanni: Well you are a favorite lucky man. You get to resign, leave this place and get your Pokemon back. Well if the Grunt allows you too that is.

James: Allows me to? But you’re the boss. Can’t you just-

Giovanni: My patience is running thin! Be lucky I’m letting you go as far as I have! Now get out of my office!

James: Y-Yes Giovanni! Thank you!

James exited the Giovanni’s office. He was happy that everything went as smooth as it did. But he was still worried that this Team Rocket Grunt member wouldn’t just let him retrieve his Pokemon back. He would do anything to get them back.

• Like 3

aB0oY7s.png

James went down to the 1st floor of the facility. He was eager to get back his Pokemon who had not seen for a very long time. He had made it to the room where this Team Rocket Member Geoff was supposed to be. James got spooked when a voice shouted out to him asking who he was. James didn’t know what to say though as he was technically not apart of Team Rocket anymore. The voice boomed out again.

Team Rocket Grunt: Hey! You gonna tell me your name and purpose for being here or what?!

James: Uhh, yes! My name is James and I’m here to get my Pokemon back!

Team Rocket Grunt: Get your Pokemon back?

James: Yes. The Boss said I could come down here and-

Team Rocket Grunt: Wait. You said your name is James? Aren’t you an ex Team Rocket Member now?

James: Well yea but… Wait. How do you know already?

Team Rocket Grunt: I was phoned about it you idiot. Anyways, any Pokemon of Team Rockets belongs to everyone.

James: But-

Team Rocket Grunt: No excuses!

James didn’t know what to do. The door in front of him was locked and he couldn’t get into it. He wasn’t gonna give up though. He needed to get his Pokemon back.

James: I’m not leaving til I get my Pokemon back!

Team Rocket Grunt: Geez. You really have an attachment to this useless lot don’t you?

James: What do you mean useless?!

Team Rocket Grunt: Can it. I’m teasing you. Hold on a second.

The grunt inside the room pressed some buttons inside the room James was outside of and the door unlocked and opened up. James walked inside and was face to face with the Team Rock Grunt that was talking to him before.

z8Z9ePi.png

James: So I take it you’re Geoff.

Geoff: Yes I am. And-

Geoff looked at James’ face more closely. He went from having a smug look on his face to being angry. James didn’t know what he did wrong to make that happened. Geoff then smiled and softly chuckled to himself.

James: What’s… What’s so-

Geoff: So you’re THAT James. I couldn’t see you fully from the surveillance cameras. Otherwise I wouldn’t have let you come in. You’ve messed up my love life James. For years and years.

James: What?! How?!

Geoff: I was the 1 that was supposed to be partnered up with that weird talking Meowth and that sweet red haired lady Jessie. She’s so pretty and beautiful.

James: Wait! You have a crush on Jessie!?

Geoff: A crush? No. I am in love with her. 1 day, she will be mine for the rest of our lives.

James: Look, I didn’t mean to-

Geoff: But then the Boss decided that it would be a better idea if he paired those 2 up with you. And look what that accomplished. Nothing! You lot haven’t successfully stolen a single Pokemon! If she were paired up with me, not only would she be successful in stealing Pokemon but she’d be madly in love with me too! You know what? I know the Boss said you can take the Pokemon if you want. But I don’t think I’m gonna give them to you.

James: But… they’re part of my family.

Geoff: -mocking James- BuT tHeY’rE aPaRt Of My FaMiLy. Like I care! I’ll punish you for ruining my love life!

James stood there, curling his fists up into a ball. He didn’t do anything wrong to this. Just because someone put him with Jessie wasn’t his fault. That wasn’t his intentions. James raised his voice to Geoff.

James: I’ve had enough of people trying to tell me what to do! I want my Pokemon back and I want them back now!

Geoff! Ha! Finally growing a backbone huh? You know what? I’ll make a deal with you.

James: A deal?

Geoff: Yea. Battle me. You win, I’ll let you have your Pokemon.

James: And if I lose?

Geoff: You’ll be apart of Team Rocket for the rest of your life as you do everything I tell you to do.

James: So I become your lackey…

Geoff: Yes. So what do you say? You want them back so badly. You willing to put your freedom on the line?

James:… Yes. You got yourself a deal.

Geoff: Alright. Now I consider myself a fair man. How many Pokemon do you have on you right now?

James: I only have 1.

Geoff: Alright then. It’ll be a 1-on-1 battle.

James: Fine. Let’s go Mareanie!

Mareanie: Marean!

Geoff: Ohh. A Pokemon from the Alola Region huh? Fine. I’ll use a Pokemon I think you’re all too familiar with. -throws the PokeBall-

James eagerly waited as the PokeBall popped open and the Pokemon emerged. But he was shocked when he found out what it was.

James: You’ve gotta be kidding me!

Geoff: Yep! Good luck defeating me now!

???: Pika-Pi!

PePtcsr.png

It was a Pikachu. Considerably 1 of James’ mortal enemies. Even though it wasn’t Ash’s Pikachu, it still made him uneasy. He had never defeated his Pikachu except for 1 time. Would he be able to defeat this 1 by himself? With a Water type nonetheless. As James pondered the situation he was in, Mareanie turned around and looked at James.

Mareanie: Mareanie!

James: Huh? Mareanie?

Mareanie: Marean Marean Reanie!

James: Mareanie… You’re right! I won’t give up! I know you can do this!

Geoff: Psh. You honestly think your Mareanie can defeat my Pikachu?

James: If she believes in me and I believe in her, then we can do anything! Alright Mareanie! Let’s do this!

Geoff: Well whatever you need to keep your confidence level up! Let’s do this Pikachu!

The battle started. Surprisingly, the 2 Pokemon were equal in power despite their being a type advantage. But eventually, Pikachu gained the upper hand. Geoff was loving every minute of it.

Geoff: Yes! I will win this battle, you’ll become my lackey and Jessie will be in my love life!

James: Grrr! No! I can’t lose! Come on Mareanie! I know you can do this! I believe in you!

Mareanie: Ma… Mareanie!

James: Whoa. Mareanie?

Mareanie looked at Pikachu very evilly. Knowing that her love was counting on her to win this battle and that this person was doing anything he could to ruin James’ happiness did not make her happy. Mareanie tackled Pikachu into the wall and then fired a barrage of Spike Cannons. Every single 1 hit the target. Pikachu eventually fainted from too much damage. Mareanie was exhausted but she was still up. She won the battle. Geoff was shocked and upset.

Geoff: What?! But how did that thing beat my Pikachu?!

James: She refused to lose because she didn’t want me to lose my happiness.

Geoff: This is unbelievable! Whatever! I’m out of here! Grab your Pokemon and get out of here! I’m tired of looking at your ugly mug anymore!

Geoff returned Pikachu back to its PokeBall and exited the room. James ran over to Mareanie and hugged her, thanking her for winning the very tough battle for him. She was very much glad how happy she was able to make him. As James was kneeling on the ground, the PokeBalls started to shake and then suddenly, they all busted open and there they were. All of James’ Pokemon. When they all saw James, they all ran up to James. Except for Amoonguss. Mareanie stayed to the side so that the rest of his Pokemon could give him a hug.

5sbTozG.png

James: Guys… I’ve missed you all so much! We’ll never be separated again!

The Pokemon cried out in excitement. After that, James returned all his Pokemon back to their PokeBalls. He then exited the Team Rocket Headquarters. As he continued further away, he looked back 1 last time. He was grateful for the opportunity they gave him for helping him to escape his hard life with his family. But speaking of family, he had to now go back home and pick up a trusty friend of his. Growlie.

• Like 3

BLpdcf5.jpg

James started to travel back towards his family’s mansion home. Although it wasn’t very easy for him. He still had the Team Rocket uniform on which made everyone he came into contact with would be freaked out and call out for help. So James had to sneak around to make sure he didn’t get seen much. It wasn’t all bad though. A lot of times, he would have his Pokemon out so he could enjoy their company. It had been a long time since he last saw them and it was fantastic traveling with them in some shape or form. It took a week and a half but he had finally made it to his family mansions home.

James: Alright. I’ll have to sneak in and get rid of this uniform and put on some of my regular clothes.

James snuck through the garden and went to the back of the mansion. He was trying to find the window to his old room. He was able to spot it. Now all he had to do was somehow scale the wall and open the window to sneak inside the room. Luckily, there was a fence like wall structured there that went all the way to the top. James started to scale it up to the top. A couple of times, he almost fell off but luckily he was able to reach the window. He carefully opened it up and looked around. The door was closed and no 1 was in his room. He stepped into his room as quietly as he could and started to go through his closet. He started to search for a different pair of clothes he could wear. At last, he finally found an outfit. He took off his Team Rocket uniform and put on the outfit he found. When he got it on, he got in front of the mirror and looked at himself.

James: My my.~ I DO still look good.~

James liked the way he looked. He had on some gray shoes, black dress pants and a blackish gray buttoned shirt with a white 1 underneath that. He also had a blue jacket on him and wore a green tie. James looked at his pocket and noticed that the pocket there was empty. He searched around his room and found a fake rose in a vase on his dresser. He took it out and placed it in the pocket.

James: Ahh! Perfect! Roses are definitely my style!

U1y5x0I.png

Just then, the door swung open. James swung around towards the door and was standing face to face with his mother and father. They were shocked to see him there but quickly smiled.

James’ Mother: Ahh! James! You’ve returned home!

James’ Father: Excellent! This means you’re ready to settle down now!

James: -screams in fear- No! I’m not ready to settle down!

He ran to the window and without thinking, jumped out of it and fell straight to the ground. He was in pain but thanks to all the blasting off he did with his encounters with Ash, it wasn’t that painful. A hand appeared, offering to help him up. He grabbed it and got up.

James: Ow. Thanks for that. That’s a longer fall than it looks.

???: Why James. Have you returned to marry little ol’ me?

James: Wha- Ohh no!

James looked at the person who had helped him up onto his feet. Unfortunately for him though, it was Jessebelle.

James: No! I am not here to marry anyone! Especially you! -starts running away from Jessebelle-

Jessebelle: Ohh stop playing hard to get James! Hmph! Vileplume! Stop him in his tracks! Stun Spore!

Jessebelle threw her PokeBall up in the air and Vileplume popped out of it. It did as its trainer told it to do and fired a Stun Spore attack onto James. It landed and soon, James crashed to the ground. He sat up and turned around. Fear was in his eyes when he saw Jessebelle running towards him with her arms out getting ready to hug him and possibly kiss him.

Jessebelle: Oh sweet James! It’s time for you to pucker up and kiss your future wife!

James: No no no! I don’t want to marry you! I don’t want this! Help me! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!

???: Growllllllithe!

A Pokemon jumped over James and landed in front of him. The sight if this Pokemon caused Jessebelle to stop and scream.

Jessebelle: Ahh! Get that beast away from me! Go on! Git!

James: Huh? Wait. Is it… It is! Growlie!

Growlithe: Growlithe!

Jessebelle: James, tell that mutt of yours to get out of here!

James: Never! Growlie! Flamethrower on her and her Vileplume!

Growlie did as James told it to do and used Flamethrower on Jessebelle and Vileplume. The flames messed up her hair and the dress she was wearing and knocked out the Vileplume. Jessebelle returned her Pokemon back to her PokeBall and ran away crying about how that darn dog ruined her day. Growlie turned around and started to lick James all over the face.

James: -chuckles- I’ve missed you too Growlie. I think I can move. Come on Growlie. Let’s go to your Doggy Mansion and hide out there for a bit.

Growlithe: Growl Growlithe!

James got up and the 2 friends went over to Growlie’s Doggy Mansion. James sat down on the couch. Growlie jumoed up and nuzzled him. James pat him on the head.

James: Ohh Growlie! I’ve missed you so much boy!

James: And hopefully, we’ll be able to see each other even more. I’ve quit Team Rocket.

Growlithe: Growl!? Growlithe lithe! -starts licking James-

James: -laughs- That tickles Growlie. I take it you’re happy about that news.

James: Ohh yea. You should meet some of my friends. Come on out everyone!

James threw all of his PokeBalls up into the air and out popped all of his Pokemon. Growlie jumped off of the couch down onto the floor. The Pokemon went up close to Growlie and checked it out. Then they all smiled and welcomed Growlie into the pack. This made James happy. His little family was growing. Then he remembered Growlithe’s PokeBall and went to find it. It took a while but he eventually found it. He went up to Growlie and bent down to his level.

James: Well Growlie, I don’t think I’m gonna be sticking around here for much longer. So… do you wanna come with me?

Growlie’s eyes lit up and he tackled James down to the ground and licked his face. After that, he stopped and looked at James, shaking his head yes. But before anything else happened, the door to Growlie’s Doggy Mansion opened up and there stood James’ Mother and Father and Jessebelle! James got ready for a battle of sorts as did his Pokemon.

James’ Father: Son. It’s time for you to become a responsible young man and be married.

James’ Mother: Yes James. You must become a husband now. It’s the only way to-

James: No! I don’t want to be married to anyone! At least not yet!

Jessebelle: Future husband of mine! We will be married and when we do, the 1st thing we will do is get rid of that mutt… and all of those trashy Pokemon. They don’t fit our royal standards.

James was starting to get furious. For years, his parents didn’t really care about how he felt or what he wanted to do in life. They were just trying to control him and make him do the most proper things because they were rich. And they even tied to have an arranged marriage with a girl who looked almost identical to Jessie and she was still worse than her. And the fact that she had the nerve to say such things to not just his Pokemon, but the Pokemon he called family such things infuriated him. He couldn’t keep it together anymore.

James: ALRIGHT! THAT IS IT! Mother! Father! I have no enjoyed living here since I’ve been little! Everything you forced upon me was not fun! It was quite horrible! The only time I ever had fun here was whenever I was here playing with Growlie! But that’s not even the worst of it! You tried to have an arranged marriage for me! With a freak of a woman like her of all people too! She’s infuriating and annoying and not lovable!

Jessebelle: James, what you’re saying is hurtful. Apologize at once and I may forgive you easily.

James: No! I don’t want to forgive you! What I’m saying now is what I’ve always wanted to say to you 3! You’re not the easiest of people to get along with! I came here to get a change of clothes and now that I have done that, I plan on leaving!

James’ Father: But Son, what are you going to do then?

James: I don’t know but anything is better than staying here. Now please don’t try to stop me or you won’t like what I do next.

James’ Mother: James please. You are acting ridiculous. Now let’s get inside and we’ll talk about your future marriage plans with-

James: No! Ugh! Come on everyone follow me!

James and the rest of his Pokemon ran out with him. His mother, father and Jessebelle came running behind them as fast as they could. James and his Pokemon stopped in front of the mansion.

James: Alright! You’ve all had it coming for a while now!

James’ Mother: What are you doing?

James: I’m going to destroy the mansion!

James’ Father: What?! Son think about it! Think of all the things you’d destroy!

James: I don’t care! You’ve all been pushing me and pushing me to the edge! I swear if any of you mention anything about marriage again, the mansion will be destroyed

Jessebelle: James. Hunny. Please calm down. This is no way to act in front of your future wife.

James: That’s it!

James’ Father: Sorry son but we’re gonna have to stop you!

James: Mime Jr.! Use Teeter Dance on my father, mother and Jessebelle!

Mime Jr.: Mime Mime!~

Mime Jr. Did as it was told and started to use its attack. The move started to make his parents and Jessebelle start dancing.

James’ Mother: Wh-What’s going on?!

Jessebelle: I can’t-I can’t stop doing this stupid dance!

James: Growlie, Flamethrower! Amoonguss, Hidden Power! Yamask, Shadow Ball! Inkay, Psybeam! Carnivine, Bullet Seed! Mareanie, Sludge Bomb!

The Pokemon did as they were told and fired their attacks. All of their attacks went towards the mansion. James had Mime Jr. stop using Teeter Dance which had the 3 stop dancing but they couldn’t do anything as the attacks hit.

James’ Mother: No… No!

Jessebelle: What have you done James?… What have you done?!

James’ Father: You… You’ve destroyed the mansion son… You will never be forgiven for this!

James: I’ve done what now?

James’ Father: You’ve destroyed the… Wha… What? How is that possible?

As the smoke cleared, everyone could see that the mansion wasn’t touched. Not 1 bit of it was damaged. But they were confused. How did those attacks not put a mark on the mansion?

James: I had the attacks collide with each other. Did you really think I would destroy your mansion? You all drive me crazy but I would never destroy anything of yours.

James’ Father: I’m… I’m not sure what to say son.

James: Let me do what I wanna do with my life.

Jessebelle: Psh. We will be married my sweet James and-

James’ Mother: You’re right James.

Jessebelle: Huh?!

James’ Mother: You got do what you want to do with your life.

James’ Father: Yes. Go do what you want. I think we need to change as well. Right dear?

James’ Mother: Yes hun.

Jessebelle: B-But what about the marriage and… and…

James and his parents hugged each other. For the 1st time in his life, he felt like his mother and father were loving him the right way. They wanted to see him be happy and have him do whatever he wanted to do. James’ Father reached into his coat pocket and handed James something.

James: Huh? A PokeBall?

James’ Father: Yes. This is Growlie’s PokeBall. You left it on the floor of its mansion when you ran out here.

James: Ohh right! Thanks dad.

James’ Father: No problem son. Where will you go now?

James: Hmm… I think I’m gonna go see Nanny and Pop-Pop and stay there for a while.

James’ Mother: Sounds like a great idea. Hopefully, we’ll see you soon.

James: Yea. I’d like that too. Alright gang. Time to return to your PokeBalls!

James returned his Pokemon back to their PokeBalls and gave his parents 1 more hug before going off to his Nanny and Pop-Pop’s house. James could hear Jessebelle crying over not being able to marry him but he was just happy to have her out of his life now.

• Like 3

6ZQYXO1.png

It took about a week for James and his Pokemon to get to his Nanny and Pop-Pop’s house. Throughout his journey, he would take breaks and train his Pokemon. He didn’t realize it until then but he kind of liked training his Pokemon. It felt fun and exciting. It kind of made him want to go on an adventure of his own. When he got to the door of their house, he knocked on it. The door opened up and there they were.

Nanny & Pop-Pop: James!

James: Nanny & Pop-Pop!

James hugged them and they hugged him back. He missed this place dearly. It had been a while since he was last back there. His grandparents took him into the living room to have a chat.

Nanny: Ohh James. It’s been so long since we’ve last saw you.

James: It has. I’ve really missed you both.

Pop-Pop: So what are you doing right now? Where are you friends?

James: Well they’re in Alola. They’re still apart of Team Rocket.

Nanny: Ohh gracious. I almost forgot you’re part of that evil Team Rocket.

James: Actually… I quit.

Nanny: You did?!

James: Yea. I wanted to live a normal and happy life and I just wasn’t happy there anymore.

Pop-Pop: Well that’s mighty fine James. We always support you no matter what you’re doing but we must admit. We’re happy you’re out of that gang.

James: Heh. Yea. I am too. Ohh yea! Would you like to see my Pokemon friends?

Nanny: We’d love to dear!

James: Great! Come on out everyone!

James threw up all of his PokeBalls and his Pokemon all popped out of their PokeBalls. Nanny and Pop-Pop were amazed with the Pokemon James had with him. Out of nowhere, Carnivine bit down on James’ head. When it let go, Mareanie trapped James’ head in her tentacles and poisoned his face and then let him go. His grandparents were worried about him.

Nanny: Oh my lord! Are you alright James?

James: I-I’m just fine. That’s how they… how they greet me. Ugh. -falls onto the floor-

Pop-Pop: -chuckles- Well you obviously got a lot of caring Pokemon then.

Nanny: And some very interesting ones too.

James: I think they’re all interesting.

Pop-Pop: They sure are. Hey. Isn’t that Growlie?

James: Yea. Mother and Father let me take him after we made up.

Nanny: Made up?

James: Yea. They realized how controlling they were over my life since my childhood and they’re gonna try to change.

Nanny: Ohh James. That’s great! So many great things are happening to you since you quit Team Rocket.

James: It sure seems like that but I still don’t regret being apart of that organization.

Pop-Pop: Of course James. We understand that.

Nanny: Ohh! James, I just remembered something.

James: What is it?

Nanny: Would you like to see your Chimecho?

James’ face lit up. He had forgotten that he had left Chimecho here due to it falling ill. James was so excited to see his old friend again after being away for a long time.

James: Would you please?!

Nanny: Of course. Follow me.

James: Come on gang. I want you to come meet 1 of my old friends.

James, his grandparents and his Pokemon went to the room last saw his old friend. When they got there, Nanny opened the door and everyone flocked in. They all looked around the room looking for the Pokemon but it was no where to be seen. This started to upset and scare James.

James: Wh-Where is it?

Nanny: I’m not sure. It’s been sleeping in here ever since it started to stay here.

James: But then where is i- Huh?

From out of nowhere, something wrapped around James’ face. He was scared and confused. But then he thought back to the past and how this happened often. He then got a big smile on his face.

James: Chimey!?

Chimecho: Chime Chime.~

Chimecho unraveled its tail from James’ face. James looked up at Chimecho and started to tear up but they were tears of joy. He was so happy to not only see it, but also see it all better from its illness. James grabbed it and gave it a big hug.

James: Ohh Chimecho my friend. It’s so good to see you.

Pop-Pop: You know, your Chimecho has actually been helping us taking care of the sick Pokemon that we take care of.

James: Heh. That’s my Chimey.

Chimecho: Chime Chime.~

Nanny: Well, why don’t we leave you guys alone for a while? I’m sure you 2 have a lot of catching up to do.

Pop-Pop: If you need us, we’ll be making dinner.

James: Alright. And thank you again.

His grandparents smiled at him and left the room. The rest of James’ Pokemon came up closer looking at Chimecho. Mime Jr. went up to it and hugged it and Chimecho returned the hug back. It was easy to tell that it appreciated Mime Jr. For going with James on his adventures. James introduced it to the rest of his Pokemon. Everyone was happy to welcome it into the group. James played with his Pokemon in the room until it was time for dinner. Then he and all of his Pokemon went to the kitchen and started to eat.

James: Mmm. This tastes so good. Thank you Nanny and Pop-Pop.

Nanny: It’s no problem James. We’re happy you enjoy it.

Pop-Pop: And it seems your Pokemon enjoy their food too.

James: I knew they would. You guys make the best.

Nanny: So what do you intend to do now?

James: Well, I’ve been thinking about it. Would you guys want some extra help around here?

Pop-Pop: We’d be delighted to have you here for however long you wanted to stay.

Nanny: Yes. You can stay in the spare guestroom. I’ll get it ready for you after dinner.

James: Great! I’m sure a lot of my Pokemon will help around as well.

Pop-Pop: I’m sure they will. It’ll be great to have you around for a while James. Just like the good ole days.

James: Yea. It will be.

They continued eating their dinner. Afterwards, James and his Pokemon helped do the dishes as his grandparents prepared his room for him to stay in. When they were done with the dishes, they went to the guest bedroom and were amazed by what they did to it. But there were also a lot of smaller beds sprawled out on the floor.

James: What are those beds for?

Nanny: Well we figured you weren’t gonna have your Pokemon in their PokeBalls. So we gave them some beds to sleep on.

James: Awww. Thank you both so much.

Pop-Pop: It’s no problem James. We’re happy to make you happy. But hey, it’s getting late.

James: Yea. I’m gonna get ready for bed.

Nanny: Alright. See you in the morning James.

James: Night Nanny and Pop-Pop!

The 2 exited the room and went into their bedroom to go to sleep. James got dressed into his sleeping attire and crawled into bed. All of his Pokemon got into the beds as well. He slowly drifted off to sleep excited for his new start in life.

• Like 2

Vjz9oJy.png

6 months had passed since James and his Pokemon made to his Nanny and Pop-Pop’s house and started to help take care any sick Pokemon they found or was brought to them. A couple of people that were there noticed James and immediately thought that Team Rocket was here. But after some explaining from James, they were alright with him and trusted them with their Pokemon. He was happy people were starting to trust him in society. He was happy helping his grandparents take care of sick and injured Pokemon but he couldn’t help but feel bored. He wanted to go on an adventure but he didn’t know where. And while people that recognized his as being apart of Team Rocket were happy and glad he quit being part of that organization, he wasn’t so sure everyone that recognized him would believe his story. 1 day, he sat down for a rest and turned on the tv. The PokeNews was on.

TV Reporter: Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the PokeNews! Right now, I’m here in Celadon City where shortly, there will be a battle between 2 Gym Leaders that will take place here. Celadon’s own Grass Type Gym Leader Erika will be taking on Sinnoh’s Grass Type Gym Leader Gardenia.

James sat up hearing the name Gardenia. He remembered that name from the time he was in Sinnoh. He left that Gym Leader his Cacnea so it could become stronger and perfect its Drain Punch attack. He went over to the tv and kneeled in front of it completely focused on what could be seen and what was being said.

TV Reporter: This will be a 1-on-1 battle between Erika and Gardenia! We will be reporting it live as it happens! Speaking of which, it’s about to start now!

Erika: Alright! Let’s go Vileplume!

Gardenia: Vileplume huh? Not bad. Let’s do this Cacnea!

Out popped Cacnea from its PokeBall. James was so excited to see his old buddy fighting a Gym Leader and on tv no less.

AM3yMb0.png

James: This is so exciting! Come on Cacnea! I know you can do this!

The battle started. The 2 were evenly matched at the beginning. The crowd there were cheering for who they wanted to win. Halfway through the battle, Vileplume gained the upper hand has it used Acid on Cacnea.

James: No! Come on Cacnea! You can do this!

It certainly looked like the end for Cacnea but then Gardenia commanded Cacnea to use Drain Punch. James watched as it beautifully landed the move on Vileplume and knocked it out. The crowd cheered as did James. Both Gym Leaders returned their Pokemon back to their PokeBalls and shook each others hands.

TV Reporter: And we have our winner! Gardenia, that was an impressive win! That Cacnea of yours is 1 powerful Pokemon! How did you get it to be so strong and how do you feel about your battle here today?

Gardenia: Ohh yea. Cacnea is very strong. I actually got it from a trainer a couple of years back. He wanted it to be stronger and perfect its Drain Punch attack. I’m incredibly impressed with its strength. And that battle was tough. I can see why Erika is a Gym Leader here in the Kanto Region. That Vileplume of hers was a tough opponent. I have respect from her even more now.

TV Reporter: That’s quite the story Gardenia! Anything else you wanna say to the viewers here?

Gardenia: Yes actually. I’ll be here for another 2 days. If anyone wants to talk to me or challenge me to a battle, feel free to come up and ask!

TV Reporter: Well you heard it here 1st folks! Gardenia will be here for another 2 days! If anyone wishes to test their strength against her, come to Celadon City! That’s all we have here today! See you again at 6 folks!

The news went off. James was crying tears of joy. He was so happy to see his old friend be in action and be so strong. His Nanny walked into the room and saw James crying.

Nanny: James hun. What’s wrong?

James: It’s nothing Nanny. I just saw an old friend of mine battle.

Nanny: Ohh. I see. I bet you miss it don’t you?

James: I do… Nanny, do you mind if I go out tomorrow to Celadon City?

Nanny: -chuckles- Me and your Pop-Pop can take care of things here as you go visit your friend. Just be back before dark alright?

James: Ohh yes! Thank you!

James hugged his Nanny. Tomorrow, he would be traveling to Celadon City. James eagerly went back to taking care of the Pokemon that were in their car. That night, he quickly went to sleep in excitement for the next day. He dreamed of how his meeting with Cacnea would go. The next morning, he got ready and left the house going to Celadon City. As he was going through the woods, he heard a Pokemon cry.

Growlithe: Growlithe Growl!

James: Huh? -turns around-

James: Growlie! What are you doing here?

Growlithe: Lithe Growlithe!

James: Do you wanna come along with me buddy?

Growlithe: Growlithe! -shakes head in agreement-

James: Alright. You can come.

James pulled out its PokeBall and put it inside. He then returned back to his journey to Celadon City. It took a couple of hours but he finally made it. He looked around the city but couldn’t see her anywhere. He decided to start asking people around the city. Luckily, 1 of them knew where she was.

James: Miss, do you have a second?

Woman: Yes. What is it?

James: Do you know where Gardenia is?

Woman: Ohh yes. She’s in the PokeCenter right now. I saw her go in a couple of minutes ago.

James: Thank you!

James rushed over to the PokeCenter and went inside. He looked through all of the place and finally spotted her. She was sitting near a table at the side of the building. He walked up beside her and poked her shoulder.

Gardenia: Huh?

James: Hi Gardenia. I know you probably don’t remember but-

Gardenia: James!

James: Whoa. So you do remember me?

Gardenia: How could I not?! You gave me your awesome Cacnea! Here have a seat!

James: -sits down- So how are you doing?

kMjfdqx.png

Gardenia: I’m doing great! And how are things with you and Team Rocket?

James: I actually quit Team Rocket soo… I’m not a bad guy anymore.

Gardenia: That’s even better!

James: It is actually. So how is my Cacnea doing?

Gardenia: It’s doing great! It took a while but it learned how to perfect its Drain Punch attack!

James: I know. I saw it on tv yesterday?

Gardenia: Huh?… Ohh yea! I forgot that battle was being televised! Silly me!

James: Yea. So I came here in hopes of seeing my old friend again.

Gardenia: Why of course you can! But…

James: But what?

Gardenia: Why don’t we have a battle?

James: You wanna battle against me?

Gardenia: Yea! I think it’s a good idea! Plus, you’ll get to see just how much stronger your Cacnea has gotten!

James: So you want me to battle against Cacnea huh?

Gardenia: Yes!

James: Well alright. But I only brought 1 Pokemon with me.

Gardenia: That’s alright! It’ll just be a 1-on-1 battle! Come on! Let’s go outside!

The 2 walked out of the PokeCenter and went to the opposite sides of the road. The 2 of them then gripped their PokeBalls. At this point, a group of people started to gather around to see the battle unfold.

kNi0OG5.png

James: Alright! Despite me going against my buddy, I won’t go easy! Let’s go Growlie!

Gardenia: Ohh. A Fire Type huh? Despite the type advantage, we won’t lose! Say hi Cacnea!

Cacnea popped out of its PokeBall. When it looked at Growlie, it looked at who its trainer was. When it realized it was James, its eyes lit up and bounced up and down of happiness. James was also severely happy to see its friend as well. Cacnea was about to go over to James to hug him but James stopped him.

James: Not now Cacnea! We have a battle to do! But there will be enough time for that afterwards!

Cacnea: Cac? Cacnea!

James: Alright Growlie! Flamethrower!

Gardenia: Block it with Sandstorm!

Growlie did as it was told and fired a powerful Flamethrower attack. But Cacnea was able to whip up a Sandstorm and block the attack entirely. James was quite impressed.

James: Not only have you perfected your Drain Punch but your other moves have gotten stronger too!

Gardenia: But of course! You didn’t think I was just training up 1 move did you?

James: Then let’s give it everything we’ve got!

Gardenia: Agreed!

The 2 battled with such intensity and ferocity but James was getting excited. Not because he was battling against his old friend but he was really enjoying the battling altogether. He knew that he had to go out and travel somewhere. The battle was coming to a close. The crowd were very interested in the battle.

James: Alright Growlie! Finish this battle off with a Bite attack!

Gardenia: Drain Punch Cacnea!

Growlie went in for the Bite but when when it was about to clenched down, Cacnea punched the inside of Growlie’s mouth and drained the rest of its energy. Growlie tried to stand up but it had no more energy left and fainted. Cacnea celebrated as it had won another battle. The crowd then dispersed and went back to whatever they were doing before. James came up to his fallen Pokemon.

James: You did a good job Growlie. Take a long rest. -returns Growlie to its PokeBall- Cacnea, you did great!

FOoFnNZ.png

Cacnea: Cac Cacnea!

Gardenia: You know James, compared to how we battled before, you did way better and you seem way more into it.

James: Yea. I’ve had an itch to want to travel but I don’t know where.

Gardenia: Well I’m sure you’ll find somewhere to go adventuring.

James: I hope so. But Cacnea, I’m so proud of you. I made the right decision of leaving you with Gardenia. You’ve powered up to the max it seems.

Cacnea: Cacnea Cacnea!

Gardenia could see the bond the 2 truly had. She knew that she had brought out Cacnea’s true potential and power. And she could see James’ battling style was coming out. She mad a decision. She reached into her pocket, grab a PokeBall and threw it to James.

James: Huh? What’s this?

Gardenia: That’s Cacnea’s PokeBall.

James: Cacnea’s PokeBall? Does… Does that mean…?!

Gardenia: I’ve done all I could with Cacnea and I have a feeling you’ll be a great trainer too. Besides, you 2 are really close.

James: Gardenia… Thank you! Well Cacnea… it’s good to finally have you back with me.

James was so happy that Cacnea was coming back home with him. He opened up his arms to embrace Cacnea with a hug. But as Cacnea was running towards James, he realized something. Those spikes on its body was gonna hurt him. A lot.

vw91tnq.gif

• Like 2

7l8h8l6.png

It had been a full year since James quit Team Rocket and lived with his grandparents. He continued helping them take care of sick and injured Pokemon. While he enjoyed it, he couldn’t help but feel somewhat empty inside. Like something was missing. He wanted to go on a Pokemon journey. He never really got to go on 1 when he was younger. His grand parents could see it in his face that he wanted to. 1 day, the 3 of them were eating lunch together.

Nanny: This is some good lunch you made hunny.

Pop-Pop: Thank you.

James: Yea. It’s great…

Pop-Pop: What’s wrong with you James?

James: Well I don’t want it to sound rude…

Nanny: Nonsense. Tell us what’s on your mind.

James: Well… I love helping you both with the Pokemon here but I really wanna go on a Pokemon Adventure. I just don’t know where.

Pop-Pop: Ohh. Is that all? Well of course you do. Ever since you’ve been helping us around here, I could see a fire being lit under you for wanting to go out and explore a region and for battling as well.

Nanny: Hun, if you want to leave here and go on a journey, we won’t resent you for it. We love you and always will.

James: Thank you Nanny and Pop-Pop. I just don’t know where though…

Nanny: I’m sure something will come up. Would you mind doing something for me though?

James: Sure. What is it?

Nanny: Would you go to the nearest PokeMart and get some medicine for the Pokemon here?

James: Of course!

Pop-Pop: Thanks James. Here’s some money.

James: Alright. See you both soon.

James finished up his lunch and left for the PokeMart. Luckily, Cerulean City wasn’t that far from where they were. When he got to the mart, he went in and started to look for the medicine that some of the Pokemon needed. When he went to turn around, his heart felt like it skipped a beat. His eyes laid on the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She had white hair and was wearing a white shirt with dark purple pants. She also had wristbands on each wrists.

oFWheof.png

James took a deep breath and walked over to her. He wanted to make a good 1st impression.

James: H-Hi there.

Woman: Hmm? Ohh. Hi there.

James: H-How are you doing?

Woman: I’m doing ok. And you?

James: I’m great!

Woman: Uhh… -nervously chuckles- That’s… Wait.

James: Huh?

Woman: Aren’t you James?

James: Wait. You know who I-

Woman: From Team Rocket?!

James: What?! Wait! No! I’m not! At least not anymore!

Woman: Everyone! Ja- -mumbling through hands-

Everyone turned to where the noise was and saw that James hand his hands over this woman’s mouth. He noticed and tried to stay calm.

James: -nervously chuckles- Sorry about that. She… She likes to joke around like that. Sorry for interrupting your day. We’re going outside!

James quickly pulled the woman to the outside where luckily not a lot of people were this day. He then took his hands off the woman’s mouth. She looked very mad.

aDybTdn.png

Woman: I don’t know what kind of game you’re trying to pull but I won’t let you-

James: I quit Team Rocket! I’m not with them anymore!

Woman: Ha! You won’t trick me that easily!

James: I’m serious! I’m not with them anymore! Look at how I’m dressed!

Woman: It’s a disguise!

James: Can you please just listen to me?! Please?! If you still think I’m with them then fine but give me a chance!

Woman: Hmm… Fine. Explain.

James told the mysterious woman everything that happened from the time he quit Team Rocket up to this point in time. When he was done, the woman was still questioning to herself if he was telling the truth or just trying to deceive her.

Woman: So let me get this straight. You quit Team Rocket a year ago and you’re not helping your Nanny and Pop-Pop taking care of sick and injured Pokemon?

James: Yes. I’m so serious about it.

Woman: Hmm… Well… You do seem like a good guy now. And you haven’t tried anything for the past hour. Maybe you are telling the truth.

James: I know it’s hard to believe but I wasn’t enjoying being apart of Team Rocket anymore. Plus, I started to not feel right about stealing Pokemon.

Woman: The way you say that… You truly mean it don’t you.

James: Yes. I do.

Woman: Well… Alright. I trust you.

James: Thank goodness.

Woman: I’m sorry.

James: It’s alright. I guess I should expect it but that hasn’t happened for a while now.

Woman: Well still. I apologize.

James: Well… thanks. -nervously laughs-

James emotional feelings for this woman returned. He felt all flustered and nervous. The woman could tell from the way James’ face looked.

Woman: Are you ok?

James: Y-Yes! Yes I am!

Ame: Right… Anyways, my name is Amethyst but everyone calls me Ame.

James: Ohh. Right. I never asked for your name. Sorry about that. That’s a pretty name though. I mean… Uhh…

Ame: -chuckles- Thanks.

James: S-So what are you doing here?

Ame: Well I was here to buy medicine before that whole fiasco took place.

James: Ohh yea. Right.

Ame: But I’m not actually from here. Or even this region in fact.

James: Then where are you from?

Ame: Have you ever heard of a Region called the Reborn Region?

James thought about it for a moment. He thought back to all the regions he went to before but the Reborn Region sounded new to him.

James: Can’t say I have.

Ame: Doesn’t surprise me.

James: Why’s that?

Ame: Well after the catastrophe that happened years ago, no 1 really hears about it anymore.

James was really curious about this place now. It sounded mysterious and interesting, but also a little scary. He than had an idea.

James: W-Well are you staying anywhere close here?

Ame: I’m not sure. I actually just got here a little bit ago. See, the only way to travel to Reborn is by train. So I took the train from Reborn to Johto’s Goldenrod City and then I traveled to Olivine City and took the S.S. Anne to Vermillion City and then I came up here to do some shopping. I didn’t really look anywhere to stay yet.

James: Wow. That’s quite the journey. Well… Why don’t you stay at my grandparents for a bit?

Ame: Ohh. Thank you for the offer but I don’t want to impose.

James: Nonsense! They won’t mind.

Ame: Are you sure James?

James: Yes! I mean… Yes. I’m sure.

Ame: -chuckles- You’re weird James but I like that about you. Well, if you’re sure about it, let’s go.

James: Ok. But shouldn’t we buy the things we were here to buy?

Ame: Ohh yea! I almost forgot! Thanks for reminding me.

James: No problem.

The 2 went back inside the PokeMart and bought what they were getting and then went on their way to James’ grandparents house. James felt his heart pounding harder and faster with each second he was with her. But it wasn’t because of how he was feeling for her. He was also interested about this Reborn Region. He finally got enough courage to ask her something.

James: S-So Ame.

Ame: Yes?

James: What exactly are you doing here in Kanto?

Ame: Ahh. I’m actually here to find trainers to go to Reborn to take on the Reborn League.

James: Is that so? It sounds interesting and challenging.

Ame: It is. But as I said before, thanks to the catastrophe that occurred years ago, not a lot have come to challenge it.

James: Too afraid huh?

Ame: Yes but I don’t blame them.

James: You seem to be an important person there.

Ame: I am. I’m in charge of the whole thing up there. The Reborn League that is.

James: Wow. That’s impressive. All I’ve ever done is cause trouble with Team Rocket…

Ame: Don’t beat yourself up about it. You chose to get out of that life and now you’re helping Pokemon with your grandparents. I say you’re doing great now.

James: Heh. I suppose… Thanks Ame.

Ame: No problem James.

James: And here we are.

Ame: Wow… Your grandparents live here?!

James: Yea. Why?

Ame: It’s huge!

James: -nervously chuckles- I guess. Come on in and I’ll introduce you to them.

James and Ame walked into the house. His grandparents were in the living room watching some tv resting when the 2 came in.

Nanny: Hey James. Did you get the medicine?

James: Yep. Here you go. -hands the medicine to Nanny-

Nanny: Thank you James.

Pop-Pop: Who do you have there with you James?

James: Uhh… Ohh yea! Umm, this is… Ame!

Ame: Hi. I ran into your grandson here at the PokeMart. He offered to let me stay here. I hope that’s ok?

Nanny: Of course dear. Any friend of James is a friend of ours. Let me get the other guest room made up for you deary.

Pop-Pop: No no. Let me do it. You need rest my dear. -gets up and goes to the guest room-

Nanny: Well why don’t you 2 sit down?

Ame: Thanks.

James sat down on the couch and Ame sat right next to him. His face turned red. He couldn’t believe that she was sitting right next to him. His grandma could see this and giggled a bit to herself. She knew what was going on there.

Nanny: So where are you from Ame?

Ame: I’m from the Reborn Region. I take it you never heard of the place?

Nanny: Can’t say I have darlin’.

Ame: Understandable. Not a lot of people have since the catastrophe.

James: You keep talking about that. What happened exactly?

Ame: Well… earthquakes hit a lot of the place and now? It’s just not the same as it used to be.

Nanny: Oh my! That sound terrible dear. I’m sorry.

James: Yea. Me too.

Ame: It’s ok. I’m actually here to find more trainers that are willing to take on the Reborn League.

Nanny: Well that sounds challenging dear but I’m sure you’ll find some.

Ame: Thanks ma’am.

Pop-Pop: Well, your room is all made up.

Ame: Thank you. You’re all too kind.

Nanny: Nonsense. We just do what’s right. Would you like to join us for dinner?

Ame: I’d love to!

Pop-Pop: Alrighty then. Come on James. Help me out.

James: Alright Pop-Pop.

Ame: Would it be ok if I helped too?

Pop-Pop: Sure if you want.

Ame: Great!

Nanny: Ohh this’ll be nice.

The 4 of them went into the kitchen and started to make the dinner for the night. James felt as if he was getting closer and closer to Ame as they prepared the meal for that night. He liked the way she smiled and how she laughed. And she was really beautiful. After they made the food, they sat down and ate dinner and exchanged stories with each other. Apparently, Reborn used to be a really nice place before all of this catastrophic stuff happened. After dinner, Ame helped clean the dishes.

Nanny: Thank you for the help dear.

Ame: Ahh. It’s no problem really. It’s the least I can do for letting you all let me stay here.

Pop-Pop: Speaking of which, how long you gonna be here for?

Ame: Ohh! I forgot to tell you that. I leave in 2 days.

Nanny: Well that’s no trouble at all.

Ame: Good.

Pop-Pop: James, I think you should show Ame to her room.

James: Sure!

Nanny: Uhh… before you do that, can I steal James for a bit Ame?

Ame: Sure. I’ll be right here.

Nanny took James over by the corner of the room. He was confused on why she did that.

James: -talking softly- What is it?

Nanny: -talking softly back- You like her.

James: I- You- I don’t-

Nanny: Shh shh shh. Keep your voice down or she’ll hear you.

James:… Is it that obvious?

Nanny: -chuckles- Yes. But it’s ok. But I can also tell that you have an itch to go to this Reborn place.

James: I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t.

Nanny: If you wanna go, then go. Me and your grandfather will be cheering you on.

James: Hmm… I’ll think about it. I’ll make my decision tomorrow.

Nanny: Whatever you want dear. Also, I would tell her your feelings as soon as possible.

James: Why?!

Nanny: Never know what her response will be. She might like you back.

James: I guess so…

Nanny: Now go take her to her room.

James went over to Ame and escorted her to the room she would be staying in for the next 2 nights. They made it to her room. She absolutely loved it. She went over to the bed and jumped on it.

Ame: Ahh! This is so comfy! Thanks again James.

James: Well I mean my Pop-Pop did it but you’re welcome. Heh. Well I should let you get settled and get ready for bed. Night.

Ame: Night James.

James exited the room but as he started to leave, he remembered back to what his Nanny said to him about his feelings towards Ame. He pondered for a moment and then decided to go back to her room.

James: Ame… I need to tell you something.

Ame: What is it?

James: I… I like you… a lot…

Ame: Ohh. Is that why you’ve been acting weird around me?

James: Yea…

Ame: -chuckles- It’s alright James. Honestly, I kind of figured. You’re not a bad dude. Well, not anymore.

James couldn’t believe how this was turning out. He was expecting it to flop but instead it was going great. He decided to ask her the big question.

James: Umm… if you’re not busy tomorrow… wanna go on a date?

This time, Ame’s face got a little red. But it quickly went away and she smiled at him.

Ame: You know what? Yea. I’d like that James.

James: Heh… Heh… Ok. Yea. Cool. Alright. I’ll see you tomorrow morning then.

Ame: -chuckles- Yep. Night James.

James: Night Ame. Have a good sleep.

James left her room and started to head back for his own room. He was so excited for tomorrow now that he literally sprinted back to his room.

• Like 4

........I can't really say much but that was unexpected.  A dive into eventual more A.U. territory?  Only time will tell I suppose. 

I'm enjoying this very much so far (yet again for your James run).   

1 hour ago, seki108 said:

........I can't really say much but that was unexpected.  A dive into eventual more A.U. territory?  Only time will tell I suppose. 

I'm enjoying this very much so far (yet again for your James run).   

Maybe I'm missing something or just being stupid but... what is AU territory? 😅

4 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Maybe I'm missing something or just being stupid but... what is AU territory? 😅

Alternate Universe.  I suppose by default most fanfics are A.U., no matter how canon compliant,  but some go further than others (deeper into A.U. territory = further from canon story). 

I was basically meaning "I wonder if this will really start to change things up further down the line of Reborn's story in Butterfly Effect fashion    or will this not really make a significant change as the story gets further along".  Naturally, I was just speculating out loud and not wanting spoiler hints.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Alternate Universe.  I suppose by default most fanfics are A.U., no matter how canon compliant,  but some go further than others (deeper into A.U. territory = further from canon story). 

I was basically meaning "I wonder if this will really start to change things up further down the line of Reborn's story in Butterfly Effect fashion    or will this not really make a significant change as the story gets further along".  Naturally, I was just speculating out loud and not wanting spoiler hints.

Ahh. Well I guess this story is... half canon? I mean a lot of his Pokemon were still at TR HQ and with where the anime is right now, that's canon too. I did keep the mom and pop canon until the end of that episode. And everything else is original.

6 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Ahh. Well I guess this story is... half canon? I mean a lot of his Pokemon were still at TR HQ and with where the anime is right now, that's canon too. I did keep the mom and pop canon until the end of that episode. And everything else is original.

I was more meaning sticking to the canon of Pokemon Reborn, not the main series, but iirc alternate timelines are canon in Reborn  so would this really be non-canon to Reborn?  *Insert biggest 'Thinking Emoji' here*   I just imagine James having a crush on a major character will cause some changes somewhere down the line.

@J-Awesome_One  Edited it slightly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seki108 said:

I was more meaning sticking to the canon of Pokemon Reborn, not the main series, but iirc alternate timelines are canon in Reborn  so would this really be non-canon to Reborn?  *Insert biggest 'Thinking Emoji' here*   I just imagine James having a crush on a major character will cause some changes somewhere down the line.

Ohh. Well I always try to change the story whenever I do a Written Story run.

• Like 1

Hey! 🙂

You've done an interesting job until now! The truth is, I had some difficulty to keep up with the pace of your episodes, so I had some tardiness to catch up. I only managed to read your storyrun til the episode 6 this morning, so my opinion risks to be pretty hot. In fact, I really appreciated the depth you've added to this new run compared to the previous one. We understand better how the relations with James and his entourage are going, since it's kinda considerable in the end (Giovanni, Jessie, Meowth, his parents, Jessebelle, Nanny & Pop-Pop) and the fact that James won't have his Pokemon back in one snap of a finger has its impact too. Also, it was good to hear about a tension with this Geoff guy. It sounds like we can possibly hear more of him later. Who knows? Maybe he'll try something with Jessie (Getting closer to her, maybe? 🙄) or set himself on James' road in Reborn. That would be quite exciting indeed! By the way, I wasn't expecting Gardenia to show up in Kanto at all either. That was a such a delightful addition as well as a very good idea to develop since she seemed to be one of the rare Gym Leaders who wasn't shown to be completely annoyed by Team Rocket in the TV show. She's always in love with Grass Type Pokemon, which is why James was immune to protagonist's grudge at their first encounter (Arceus bless this Cacnea). And you got me in episode 4. I was almost certain that James was going to pulverize the mansion of his parents 😅

To summarize, this new adventure is a very good surprise to me, and the differences with your 'Blasting Off To Reborn' playthrough are more than real and satisfying. Also, I'm still impressed by your work rhythm. Even with all the other playthroughs you have to deal with, you're still on the top of your form and I'm really respectful of that!

Good luck with the next episodes, I'll stay tuned~ 🙂

• Like 1

@Q-Jei Thanks! Yea. I thought the lack of backstories of "James Is Blasting Off To Reborn" was a bit rushed and plus, that was around the time I was just getting into the story telling. And honestly, I feel as if some of the things James did in that 1 he wouldn't do for real. And yea. I was debating on if he would actually do that to his parents or not. He can be mean but I don't think he would do that to his parents. Now if it was Jessebelle's mansion, I would have definitely had James blow it up. Lol. But yea. Thanks again! Most likely, I'll be uploading PE8 later today. Was quite busy today so I couldn't get 1 up. But I am in the middle of writing it now. Glad you're enjoying it! 😄

• Like 1

2qR9wdw.jpg

James woke up the next day. He was excited because he and Ame were gonna go on a date today. He thought about what he should do. He pondered on it for a while and then remembered something about Cerulean City. There was a dating spot there that a lot of people go to. So he decided to pack a basket and have a picnic there. He got up and got ready for the day. He then searched for a basket and a blanket. When he got those, he started to make some lunch for her and him. Ame walked into the kitchen and could see James making food and putting some into the basket.

Ame: Morning James. How-

James: Ahh! -hides the basket and food-

Ame: was your sleep?

James: It-It was good!

Ame: Umm… everything ok?

James: Yes. I’m just… you know… this is part of the date I have planned for us.

Ame: Ohh! I’m sorry! Let me get breakfast and I’ll get out of here.

James: Ok. That’d be appreciated. I hope you don’t think I’m mean or something for this.

Ame: -chuckles- It’s ok. You’re just trying to keep the surprise for our date. -grabs some food- Alright. You go finish up what you’re doing. I’ll go into the living room. -leaves the kitchen-

James: Phew. Almost got ca-

Nanny: Hi James.

James: Ahh- Ohh. It’s just you Nanny.

Nanny: -chuckles- Indeed it is. What are you doing?

James: Well, I’m making food and gonna put it in this basket ans then take Ame out for a picnic.

Nanny: Ohh. Is this a date?

James: Yea. I asked her out last night.

Nanny: Told ya it’d work out.

James: Well it’s just a date. It’s not like she’s my girlfriend right now or anything.

Nanny: Maybe so but you got her to agree on a date.

James: I suppose that’s true.

Nanny: I’ll let you get that done.

James: Thanks.

James finished up making the food for the picnic and grabbed some soda from the fridge and placed everything into the basket. He was quite happy with himself. He looked at the clock. It said it was 1 in the afternoon. He went into the living room and called for Ame.

James: Ame!

Ame: Yea James?

James: L-Let’s go on our date now?

Ame: -chuckles cutely- Ok. Let’s go then.

Ame got up from the couch and headed over to James. She smiled at him cutely as she walked passed him. James’ face turned red from his infatuation with her. With the basket in hand, he opened the door for her, went out and then went to the date spot.

Ame: So? Where you taking us?

James: Well there’s this spot near Cerulean City. It’s a pretty popular dating spot. I thought we’d have a picnic there today.

Ame: Ohh! It sounds exciting.

James: I hope it is.

Ame: Aww. Don’t worry about it James. Just be you.

James: I will! I mean… I am!

Ame: -chuckles cutely- I’m sure you will.

They continued their way towards the spot James was taking them. It was a nice, quiet walk. Sometimes Ame would look at James and smile at him and he would awkwardly smile back at her. She kind of liked that about him. It took about an hour but they finally made it there. It was a really nice spot. There were a couple of lakes with beautiful scenery. Ame absolutely loved the place.

Ame: Wow!

James: Do you like it?

Ame: Yes! It’s beautiful!

James: Good. I was afraid you wouldn’t.

Ame: Are you kidding me? It’s been a while since I’ve seen something like this back in Reborn! It’s refreshing.

James: Ohh. I see. Well, let me get everything ready.

James put the basket down and took the blanket out and laid it onto the ground. Ame sat down on the blanket as did James. He started to pull out everything out of the basket and set it on the blanket. He made a lot of sandwiches and also brought cake.

Ame: Ohh wow. This all looks good.

James: I hope it is. I really want to impress you.

Ame: Well you’re doing a good job already.

That brought James’ confidence up some. The 2 started to eat their sandwiches. Ame was very impressed with how good they tasted. A half hour into the date, they started to play fight with each other and chase each other around the area. It was quite adorable to say the least. After about an hour of that, the 2 came back to the blanket and laid down on it next to each other looking up at the sky.

qBbi1hN.png

Ame: You know… it feels like forever since I’ve had a day like this. This place is so… so full of life.

James: Is Reborn really that bad?

Ame: Yea… I’ve tried everything I could to get it back to how it was but no luck so far.

James: Well I’m sure you’re trying your best.

Ame: Sometimes I wonder if I am. Maybe I can do more or-

James: Nonsense. I can tell you’re a very caring person and that you care not only for the people of Reborn but the whole Region itself.

Ame: Thanks James… Really. It feels good talking about this stuff. I can’t really talk about it with people over there.

James: Why? Would they get mad at you for it?

Ame: No. A lot of them are trying to help me fix Reborn as well and I don’t want to put add my problems onto them. I mean they have a lot of problems as well.

James: Ohh. I see. I can understand that.

Ame: Yea. I can’t believe all of this has happened though and… it…

James could see that she was fighting back tears but eventually 1 slipped out of her eye and started to roll down her cheek. James reached into his pocket and pulled out a hanky and wiped the tear off of her face. Ame looked up at James and smiled at him. The 2 laid back down but closer, with Ame laying her head on James’ arm. She felt better now and also liked that James was giving her comfort. The 2 laid there in silence for a bit..

James: Ame?

Ame: Yea James?

James: How many people have you got to go to the Reborn League?

Ame: A few but not as much as I wanted to. Not a lot of people want to go to a Region when 1 of the words you use to describe it is post apocalyptic.

James: Yea. It does sound frightening when you say that.

Ame: I guess I’m just used to it by now that it doesn’t bother me.

James: So… how would you feel about 1 more person going to the Reborn Region?

Ame: I’d love it! But who would go?

James: Well…

Ame: Wait James. Do you mean you?

James: I’ve been thinking about it so you brought it up and I wanna go on adventure. I know it sounds scary with how you’re describing it but-

Ame: Thank you James!

Ame jumped on top of James, giving him a big hug. James returned the hug. He never felt this close with someone before. Ame then stared James in his eyes and he stared back at hers. After some more time cuddling, they could see that it was starting to get late. The 2 started to clear up the area. They folded up the blanket and put it, as well as the trash, into the basket. But as their back was turned, they heard 2 voices.

???: Prepare for trouble!

???: Or make it double!

Ame: Wait. Was that-

James: No way!

The 2 turned around and could see 2 Team Rocket Grunts standing there in front of them. A man and woman. Surprisingly, James knew 1 of the grunts.

tlxdAsF.png

James: Geoff?!

Geoff: Wait… James?!

Female Rocket Grunt: Look, I don’t care if you 2 know each other or not! Hand over your Pokemon!

James: No way!

Geoff: Heh! Do you think we’re asking you punk?! What are you doing here with that girl anyways?! Trying to go wow her?! Failing at it most likely.

Ame: Excuse me but he’s a better boyfriend than you’d ever be to any girl.

James: Wait. B-Boyfriend?

Female Rocket Grunt: Last chance! Hand over the Pokemon or else!

James: I know where this is going! Let’s go Cacnea!

Geoff: Fine! I need some payback against you anyways! Go Pikachu!

Female Rocket Grunt: Go Golbat!

Ame: Well I’m not standing on the sidelines here! Let’s take care of these Rockets Vulpix!

Female Rocket Grunt: What the- What’s wrong with your Vulpix?!

Ame: Huh?

James looked at the Vulpix and noticed that it was white instead of red. He knew exactly what was going on with that Vulpix.

James: Ohh. They never saw an Alolan Form.

Ame: Ohh. I see. Well it doesn’t matter! James, you and that other guy seem to have history with each other. You deal with him and I’ll deal with the girl here!

Female Rocket Grunt: Don’t think you’ll beat me!

James: Hmph. Let’s make this quick! Cacnea! Pin Missile!

Geoff: Pikachu, Thunderbolt!

The 2 attacks collided but surprisingly the Thunderbolt blasted past and struck Cacnea directly. Normally, this would have hurt Cacnea severely but thanks to its training with Gardenia, it didn’t really feel all that much.

Geoff: What the-

James: Heh. Revenge won’t be yours today Geoff! Cacnea! Drain Punch!

Cacnea: Cacnea!

Cacnea threw a vicious Drain Punch would landed a direct hit on Pikachu and instantly knocked it out. Geoff was shocked at how James and his Pokemon had gotten.

Geoff: Grrr! Return Pikachu! Don’t think this will ever be over James!

Ame: Vulpix, Powder Snow!

Vulpix: Vul!

Female Rocket Grunt: Argh! Return Golbat! We don’t have any Pokemon left! What do we do!?

Geoff: Hmph! Well I don’t know about you but I’m getting out of here!

Female Rocket Grunt: Yea! That’s the best option right now!

The pair then ran away from James and Ame. James felt glad about how good his Cacnea battled there. And he had that rush of battling again. He liked that feeling. He was impressed with Ame’s strength as well.

James: Nice. You seem to be a good battler Ame.

Ame: You too James. I could feel your passion for battling show there. You definitely fit right in for the Reborn Region.

James: Well I plan to accept that challenge! Haha. But… I’m sorry that our date got ruined by them.

Ame: Ohh it’s ok. I wanted to battle anyways. They just gave me a reason to now.

James: Well you did battle good.

Ame: Thanks. Well let’s go. We don’t need to be late getting back to your grandparents house.

James: Right.

James bent down and picked up the basket and the 2 started to walked back to Nanny and Pop-Pop’s house. Ame came closer to James. James didn’t really know what to do. Then, he felt her hand intertwine with his. They were now walking down the road holding hands. James was super excited. The picnic, the cuddling, her calling him her boyfriend and now this. It felt almost too unreal. By the time they got back, it was evening time. They came back inside of the building. James’ grandparents were resting in the living room.

Ame: Well James, I’m gonna go to my room. Can you meet me in there when you’re done here? I need to tell you something.

James: Sure.

Ame: Ok. Good. Ohh. And thank you for letting me stay here. It was really nice of you for putting me up here.

Pop-Pop: No problem.

Nanny: Anytime sweetheart.

Ame went back to her room. James took the trash out of the basket and placed them into the trashcan. Before James went to Ame’s room, he remembered what he told her about going to Reborn. So he went to the living room.

Nanny: So? How was your date James?

James: It was-

Pop-Pop: Date? Nice job James!

James: Heh. Thanks. It was actually really good. Until Team Rocket showed up. But we dealt with them swiftly.

Nanny: Well good. It’s been about a year since you’ve quit. I can’t believe you ran into them again.

James: Well, it’s all behind me now. Ohh yea. Umm… I have something to tell you both.

Pop-Pop: What is it?

James: I’ve… decided to travel with Ame to the Reborn Region.

Nanny: -chuckles- I knew you’d make that decision. James, you do whatever you want. Just remember we’ll always be here for you.

Pop-Pop: Yea. Do your best of there!

James: Thanks you 2. I love you both. Well, I’m gonna head to Ame’s room. She wanted to speak to me before bed.

Nanny: Alright. Night James. See you off tomorrow.

James: Night you 2.

James left the living room and headed for Ame’s bedroom. He was kind of nervous on what she wanted to talk to him about. Did Team Rocket ruin the date? He didn’t know but he was about to find out. He made it to her room and knocked on her wall. She signaled for him to come in.

James: Hey Ame… Look, I’m really sorry our date got interrupted and-

Ame: James, you really don’t need to apologize. Like I said before, it didn’t ruin anything for me. I just wanted to say thank you for a good time today.

James: Ohh. Well you’re very welcome. Hey… when we were dealing with those 2 earlier, you called me your boyfriend… Did you mean it?

Ame: I sure did. I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t mean it.

James: Ohh… Ohh wow… I have a girlfriend… I have a girlfriend! Yea!

Ame: -chuckles- And I have a boyfriend.

James: Alright. Well… I’ll let you go to sleep. I’m sure we gotta get up early to get to the train. Good night.

James turned around to leave but he felt Ame tug on his arm. He swung around looking at her face to face. He was getting lost in her beautiful eyes. What happened next though, he wasn’t expecting. She came up to him and passionately kissed him. He was surprised but he returned the kiss back.

Wdg3i2i.gif

When they stopped, they were both blushing.

James: Wow… I was not expecting that.

Ame: Well… I think you deserved it. -chuckles- Well night James. Have a good night sleep.

James: You too hun.

James exited her room and started to head for his room. He couldn’t believe that not did he have a girlfriend but he got to kiss her too. Then he realized he would be going to a new region with her as well. He started to get giddie but he didn’t want to lose it right now over all of that. He made it to his room where all of his Pokemon were. Before going to bed, he decided to have a quick talk with them.

James: Alright gang. I need to talk to you all real quick. Tomorrow, we’re going to the Reborn Region to have an adventure. This is gonna be new for all of us but I think it’ll be exciting and fun. I want you all to have a good nights rest ok?

All of his Pokemon agreed and went to their beds and quickly fell asleep. James changed into his sleep attire and got under the covers. He felt like he was too excited to fall asleep but he eventually did, dreaming about what kind of adventures he’d be having once he got over there.

• Like 4

DUX0idy.png

James woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and energized. Today he would be leaving Kanto once again to go to a new region but not after a child’s Pokemon. Not under Team Rocket’s orders. He was going to have his own adventure. 1 where he’s be collecting badges instead of stealing Pokemon. 1 where he’d be helping people instead of being the 1 causing the problems. He was excited for it. He was also happy that he was going with a lot of his Pokemon and also his new girlfriend, Ame. He jumped out of bed and started to get ready. He got dressed, put his Pokemon inside of their PokeBalls, packed what he needed and exited his room. He went Ame’s room and knocked on the door. She opened up the door and the 2 kissed on the lips.

James: Hey Ame. Are you ready to leave?

Ame: Yep. I just got done packing up.

James: Alright. Let’s go then.

The 2 walked out of the room and closed the door. They walked down the hallway holding hands. They made it to the living room area where Nanny and Pop-Pop were. The 2 saw the couple holding hands.

Pop-Pop: Well aren’t you 2 just closer now. -chuckles-

James: -embarrassingly- Pop-Pop.

Nanny: Ohh stop teasing hun. James, we’ll miss you and we’re glad you’re going on an adventure like you want to.

James: Yea. I know. I’ll miss you too.

Nanny: We’ll miss you too Ame. You were a pleasure to have around.

Ame: Aww. Well thank you ma’am. It was a pleasure to stay here.

Nanny: Now James, you have everything? All of your Pokemon?

James: Yep. They’re all right here.

Ame: Wait… You can’t bring more than 6 Pokemon with you hun.

James: But… I don’t want to leave my Pokemon in a PC. That wouldn’t feel right.

Pop-Pop: Hmm. I know. We can keep some here for you and when you want to change your team, just call us up and we’ll swap Pokemon.

James: Really? You’d do that for me?

Nanny: Of course. You’re our Sweet Baby James after all.

James: Thank you both. Take care.

Nanny & Pop-Pop: You too James.

James went over and gave his grandparents a hug. Nanny insisted that Ame join in too and she did and they all hugged. James then chose to leave behind 3 of his Pokemon. After that, they all said good bye and the couple left the house and started to head for Vermillion City. It took some time for them to get there but they did. When they reached there, they stopped at the PokeCenter for a small rest and lunch break. They talked about their past. Mostly about Ame though because James didn’t really wanna talk about his time in Team Rocket. Ame respected his wishes about that. After they had their lunch, they went to the docks to get onto the S.S. Anne.

Ticket Person: Hello there you 2.

Ame: Hello.

Ticket Person: Where are you 2 going?

Ame: Olivine City in the Johto Region.

Ticket Person: Ahh. Sounds lovely. $10 each.

James: Sure. Here you are.

Ticket Person: Thank you. Aaannnd here are 2 tickets for the S.S. Anne. You should hurry along now. It’s gonna leave any minute!

James: Ohh! Let’s get on quick then hun!

Ame: Ohh! Uhh ok!

The 2 quickly ran on board the ship. The Ticket Person watched as they ran into the ship. He too then proceeded to go onto the ship but an eerie smile crept onto his face. When James and Ame got onto the ship, they showed the sailor their tickets and were shown to their rooms. The 2 went inside and relaxed and talked for a bit.

Ame: This is so weird.

James: What is?

Ame: Why did they give us a room.

James: Probably so we can be comfortable on the trip.

Ame: I guess so but… it’s only gonna be about 2 hours to get there.

James: -chuckles- I guess it is weird when you put it like that.

Ame: -chuckles- You know hun, you seem different.

James: Different? What do you mean?

Ame: I don’t know… I guess you just look really excited.

James: Ohh I am! This is gonna be my 1st real adventure! I’ve never went on 1 when I was younger. So I don’t know how it feels to challenge a Gym Leader or win a Gym Badge or any of that stuff.

Ame: Ohh wow. I’m sorry James.

James: Don’t be. I can finally experience this now. And I have you along for the journey.

Ame: -chuckles cutely- Yes you do.

The 2 leaned in for a kiss. They then laid on the bed and cuddled each other and rested for most of the boat ride. 2 hours later, the S.S. Anne finally reached the Johto Region’s Olivine City. They exited off of the boat and started their long trek to Goldenrod City. It was quite a walk for the both of them. By the time they got to Goldenrod City, it was starting to turn nighttime. James was getting tired as was Ame.

James: -yawns- Shouldn’t we wait until tomorrow to get onto the train?

Ame: -yawns back- No. This trip will take about 12 hours to get to Reborn.

James: 12 hours?!

Ame: Yea. But at least you can sleep on the train and by the time you wake up, it’ll be morning.

James: Yea. I suppose that’s true. Alright. Let’s get to the train station.

The 2 of them walking into the Goldenrod City Train Station and walked up to the counter. On the other side of the counter was the Station Master.

Station Master: Hello you 2. How are you today?

James: We’re doing fine. A bit tired though.

Station Master: I can tell. It’s almost nighttime. And where are you 2 going?

Ame: We need 2 tickets for the Reborn Region please.

Station Master: Ohh. The Reborn Region ehh? Hey. Wait a minute. Aren’t you Ame the manager of the Reborn League?

Ame: Yes I am.

Station Master: Ahh. Then you already have your boarding pass. All you need to do is pay for your ticket and you can go on.

Ame: Sure. I’ll-

James: Don’t worry hun. I’ll cover for your ticket.

Ame: Are you sure James? I don’t mind paying for my own..

James: It’s ok hun. You get on the train and I’ll join you in a bit.

Ame: -chuckles- Ok. You’re such a sweetheart James.

Ame leaned in towards James and kissed him on the cheek. His cheeks blushed red from that. She then walked towards the train and got into it. James watched as she did. He loved the way she walked. He then looked back at the Station Master who was cockily smiling back at him. James then felt embarrassed.

Station Master: -laughing at the situation- It’s ok. We’ve all done that. But nice job there man.

James: Ohh? Th-Thanks. Ohh. Here’s the money for me and my girl’s tickets.

Station Master: Thank you and… Wait. Do you have a boarding pass?

James: No.

Station Master: Ahh. Then this won’t take more than a minute. So, you’re going to Reborn City too huh?

James: Yep. I’m gonna go on a Pokemon journey.

Station Master: I see. Well they have been pushing that new League of theirs. Now hold still and… there we go. Btw, your name’s James right?

James: Yes.

Station Master: Alright. This will only take a moment.

The Station Master started to type up stuff onto James’ boarding pass and then wrote the same and even more onto his ticket. In a matter of seconds, they were both done.

Rhl0mMs.png

He handed them back to James.

Station Master: No problem. But hey. Just between me and you, I hear Reborn City’s kind of a dump.

James: Well I know it’s bad but… I don’t think it’ll be that bad.

Station Master: Well I do. Why anyone would wanna go there is beyond me. And yet, a bunch of you ambitious Trainer-type folk have been headin’ out in droves.

James: Well I just want to travel a Region where no 1 really knows my past.

Station Master: Ohh. Is that right? Well I guess you’re the exception then. But alright. Off you go now. Train’s leaving any minute.

James ran onto the train just in time. As soon as he was inside of the cars, the train started. He started to look through all the rows of the cars searching for Ame. In 1 of the cars towards the front he finally spotted her. He sat down next to her all exhausted like.

James: Finally found you.

Ame: I thought you wouldn’t have gotten on the train in time.

James: Naw. Although, it did move as soon as I got on.

Ame: Of course.

James: -hugs Ame and puts his arms around her-

Ame: I’m tired.

James: Me too. I think we should go to sleep.

Ame: Yea. That’d be a good idea. Ohh yea. Tomorrow when we wake up, I gotta go around the car taking the trainers details. I already know everything about you so you don’t have to worry about that. But if you wake up and I’m not there next to you, don’t freak out ok?

James: Alright. Makes sense. Good night Ame.

Ame: Good night James.

The 2 laid their head back against the chairs and drifted off to sleep while holding each others hands.

pQy1GET.png

It was a rather enjoyable sleep. The movement of the train helped them keep sleeping as well. Some hours had passed when they fell asleep. Around 7:30 A.M., James started to wake up. He looked over to his side to see if Ame was still there, which she was not. He knew that meant she was talking to the other trainers to take their information so they could register for the Reborn League. He let out a big yawn and stretched. He looked out the window and couldn’t believe what he was seeing. It was all sand and mountains. He was very surprised how they ended up from the city to being out to what seemed to be a desert. His eyes lit up and he felt giddy. He loved being in a new place.

James: EEEEEEE! This is so cool! I wonder where we are.

Ame: Tourmaline Desert. -sits across from him on the other seat-

6MR6yrw.png

James: Ohh Ame. It’s you. So Tourmaline Desert huh?

Ame: Yep. It’s pretty amazing isn’t it?

James: I’ll say. This is really exciting!

Ame: -chuckles- You looks so cute when you get excited for something.

James: Well you look cute no matter what you’re doing.

Ame: -blushes- Ohh shut up. Hehe. Now I know I said I wouldn’t have to give you any details but I forgot to mention this to you.

James: Ok. What is it?

Ame: Our Gym Leaders are like nothing you’ve ever seen before. All of them will have a full party of 6 Pokemon.

James: Really?

Ame: Yep. Ok. So we’re almost to Grandview Station. When we disembark, just follow me to the Grand Hall.

James: The Grand Hall?

Ame: Yep. That’s where I work. I make all the important decisions from there. Normally, that’s where I’d give you a starter Pokemon but since you already basically have more than a full team of Pokemon, we can skip that. You don’t mind right James?

James: Ohh no. I get it. I can still catch stuff in the wild.

Ame: Exactly. Then you’ll… Uhh…

James saw Ame’s face go from a cheerful expression to a rather scared 1. She seemed like she had seen a ghost or something. She was staring right above him.

mwwuRMV.png

But when he turned around to see what she was staring at, he didn’t see anything. This was starting to weird him out.

Ame: Something’s not right…

James: Actually now that you mention it… is it me or does the train feel like it’s picking up speed?

Ame: It does…

James: Is that normal?

Ame: No. We should be decelerating… Oh my god! We’re already in the ward!

James looked out the window and could see buildings passing by in an alarming rate. He looked out of the window and could see that they were coming up to a building really fast.

James: I think we’re about to hit the train station!

Ame: What?! Ohh no! Move!

James: What?!

Ame: I said move!

Ame ran over to James and with all of her strength tackled James and herself out of the window.

2udIyLK.png

But right after that happened, a huge explosion could be heard. The train had hit the station and exploded on impact.

• Like 3

2czhFEK.png

???: …e! …ease be… k! …e! Y… otta wake up!

Ame was starting to regain her hearing back and hear someone screaming to someone. She could tell that she was face down on some hard flooring. Her whole body was sore but she could tell that she was fine. She then heard the voice again.

???: Ame! Are you ok?!

Ame: Uhh… Ugh… What? What… happened?

???: Ohh Ame! I thought I lost you!

Ame: Urgh… James? Is that you?

James: Yes. I’m here.

James was the 1 screaming for Ame to wake up. He knelt down beside her to make sure that she was ok.

HV50DPM.png

After a couple of minutes somewhat resting on the ground, Ame turned around and got onto her feet thanks to James and some rocks. She held onto James as she still felt a bit shaken from the explosion. The 2 looked up at the building. It was all shattered and broken. It was almost unrecognizable. Ame then realized something.

Ame: James… Wait. How are you not hurt?

James: Well I’ve been electrocuted, set on fire, been frozen in ice and blasted off I don’t know how many times. So this didn’t really hurt me. Felt like a scratch. But…

Ame: All the other trainers that were in the train… They didn’t make it did they?

James: I heard screaming coming from inside but there was nothing I could do…

Ame:… Damnit… This… This wasn’t supposed to happen…

James: I know hun but… You just gotta try to not think about it.

Ame: Yea… I guess I have to… But still, who would have-

???: Hihi!

Ame: Ju… Julia?

A peppy green haired girl came skipping up to the 2. It looked like she had just come from a cheerleading event based on what she was wearing.

ftdx5UN.png

James: Who is this?

Ame: That’s Julia.

James: Did she just come from some sort of practice or something?

Ame: No. She wears that often. Julia, what did you do?

Julia: Wait. What?! I didn’t do this! I was at the Gym-Gym thinking of what to blow up and then BOOM! So I came running to see what exploded. You know me Ame! When things go boom I gotta be there to see it! It’s so cool!

Ame: Uh… huh.

James: She’s certainly eccentric.

Julia: Hmm? Who’s your friend Ame? Does he like to blow things up too?!

Ame: He’s actually my boyfriend.

Julia: Ooooo! ~ Ame and… what’s his name?

James: I’m James. Nice to-

Julia: ~ Ame and James sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! ~

James:… meet you…

Ame: Julia! Focus.

Julia: Ohh. Right. Sorry. Haven’t had my coffee today.

Ame: Right. Well anyways, this kind of attack must have been deliberate. Somebody rigged the train to destroy Grandview Station.

James: I know I used to be a bad guy but… I was never this bad.

Julia: WAIT! Are you James from Team Rocket?!

James: Well… I used to be.

Julia: You were always on the news about trying to steal some kinds Pikachu! Along with a girl and a Talking Meowth! Between me and you, you were my favorite member!

James: Thanks I guess. But that’s not important now. What’s important is who did this?

Julia: Well I don’t know who did it but they did a pretty good job!

Ame: This isn’t the time to be admiring their work on this. Whoever was behind it could still be monitoring from nearby…

James: So what do we do?

Ame: Hmm… I’ll have the perimeter locked down. Maybe we can catch the person behind this attack. But I’m sorry James. I have to go to the Grand Hall.

James: But why?

Ame: Well I’m sure this attack has people freaking out. Besides, I manage the league remember? I have to get back there as fast as possible.

James: Well ok… Can you walk on your own?

Ame: Yea. Yea I think so.

The 2 leaned in and kissed each other. James didn’t want her to leave but he understood that she had a job to do. The 2 looked over at Julia who was gushing over the 2 just kissing.

James: Is she always like that?

Ame: Yea but you get used to it. By the way, the Grand Hall is right down this road. You can’t miss it. And please don’t worry about this mess. I’ll handle it.

James: Right. See you in a bit. -watches as Ame leaves-

Julia: Soooo James huh? It’s so cool to be standing near you!

James: Right. What do you do exactly around here?

Julia: Oops! I forgot. I am Julia, captain of cheer pep and all things bubbly and bright! You’re taking on the Reborn League right?!

James: Yea. Why?

Julia: Yes! Then I’ll be seeing you very soon! I am the Electric Gym Leader!

James: You’re a Gym Leader?!

Julia: Yeppers!

James: You don’t seem like it… but then again, I’ve been beaten by a young boy most of my life so who am I to judge.

Julia: That’s the spirit James! Now get down to the Grand Hall so you can register for the League and challenge me already!

James: Ok! Ok! I will!

James started to walk down the path Ame told him to to get to the Grand Hall. He was kind of glad that he could get away from that Julia girl. It was like she was Jessie but instead of being loud, crazy and mean, she was loud, crazy and more crazy. As James continued to walk down the path, he looked at his surroundings. The buildings all seem like they were poorly made and a lot of the big buildings seemed to have cracks in them. There was a lot of debris on the ground and the water looked polluted. He couldn’t believe how bad the place seemed. He could see why Ame could be upset about this. He could see a rather large and bulky building coming up into view. He figured that must have been the place and headed towards it. When he got there, he walked up some stairs and saw a girl standing in front of the entrance. She looked like a person who would be meditating. The girl turned around and noticed James. She smiled at him and greeted him.

Xuq0oKg.png

???: Hello there. By any chance, is your name James?

James: Yes. How do you know it though?

Victoria: Ame told me a man with blue hair would be making his way here and asked me to bring you in when I saw you. She’s gonna register us into the league. Ohh yes. I’m Victoria by the way.

James: Ohh. Well that’s nice of you. Nice to meet you Victoria. I take it you’re entering as well?

Victoria: Nice to meet you too James. And yes. My Sensei told me that I should participate in it. So here I am. So are you ok?

James: Yes. Why?

Victoria: Ame told me what happened at the Grandview Station…

James: Yea… It wasn’t pretty.

Victoria: I’m just glad you and her are alright. Anyways, we should go in. Don’t wanna keep Ame waiting any longer.

James: Yes. Let’s go inside.

The 2 went inside the Grand Hall and started to make their way up to the counter. James was rather impressed with how the inside of the place looked. Everything he saw in Reborn so far looked bleak and not so good. This was the 1st time things looked pretty good. When they made it up to the counter, Ame was there.

RPozybj.png

Ame: Great. You’re both here. Thank you Victoria.

Victoria: No problem.

James: This place looks incredible!

Ame: Well thank you but I wish all of Reborn could look incredible. But let’s not focus on that for now. We caught a suspect almost immediately.

James: Really? That was quick.

Ame: Yes. He’s being interrogated downstairs right now.

Victoria: Has he admitted to anything yet.

Ame: No but 1 thing’s for sure. He’s definitely not working alone.

James: So there’s an evil organization here too then?

Ame: Maybe… but it’s not important right now. It’ll be taken care of. Let’s get the both of you signed up for the Reborn League.

James: EEEEEEE! Yes!

Victoria: Yes. I hope you don’t mind. You remember Kiki right? She said it would be good for my training and it would be better if I started over. She also asked if I could get a new Pokemon too.

Ame: Well… we normally reserve them strictly for newcomers, but for Kiki, I suppose we can make an exception.

Victoria: Thank you!

Ame: We should take you upstairs so you can choose your Starter Pokemon.

Victoria: Ohh. But James came from a far away place. He should have the 1st pick.

James: That’s ok. I already brought Pokemon of my own. You go ahead.

Victoria: Ohh! Well ok then! James, would you wait here for me?

James: Sure.

Victoria: Thank you. Let’s go!

Ame took Victoria upstairs so she could choose her Starter Pokemon. As James waited, he saw a boy coming up towards him. He had purple hair and well everything he was wearing was purple. He was also wearing fishnets. James thought what he was wearing was pretty cool. The boy looked around and then spotted James and walked up to him.

hiNLf3D.png

???: Heyyy. You’re cute.

James: Thanks. I like your fishnets.

???: -giggles embarrassingly- Thank you. Hey. Was Ame just here?

James: Yea. She’s upstairs with a trainer right now.

Cain: Ohh. Ok. So my name’s Cain. What’s yours?

James: My name is James.

Cain: Oooo. James. What a pretty name. So by the looks of it, you look like a trainer. Does that mean you’re gonna challenge the Reborn League?

James: Ohh yes. I’m so excited!

Cain: That’s great! I actually came here to resi- Uhh, start over.

James: Start over? Are you gonna give back the badges you’ve won?

Cain: -giggles- No. I haven’t challenged this League.

James: Then how would you be starting over?

Cain: I, uhh… It’s a long story.

James: Ohh. Well ok then.

Cain: Hey James? Have you battled here in Reborn before?

James: Not yet. I can’t wait to though.

Cain: Well why wait when you can have a battle with me right now!

James: A battle with you?

Cain: Yea. Why not? Afraid you’re gonna lose to little ol’ me?~

James: It’s not that. I have more than 6 Pokemon, It wouldn’t be fair.

Cain: Ohh! You brought your whole team with you?

James: Actually, I have more but you know the rules. Can’t have more than 6 Pokemon in your team.

Cain: Well that’s very cool. I think it’s good you’re using your old Pokemon on this new adventure of yours. You can make new friends here too!

James: Yea. That would be pretty nice actually.

Cain: So how about we just have a 1-on-1 battle? Whichever Pokemon is the last 1 standing is the winner.

James: Well that is fair. Alright. Let’s do this!

Cain and James threw out their PokeBalls. Out of Cain’s ball came a Nidoran M and out of James’ ball came out Growlie. The 2 started ordering their Pokemon to attack and dodge and whatnot. It was a really close battle but in the end, James came out victorious. The 2 then returned their Pokemon back to their PokeBalls and shook each other’s hands.

Cain: Very nice!

James: Not so bad yourself.

Cain: Thanks. I try.~ By the way, did you name you Growlithe Growlie?

James: Yea. I’ve had it since I was little.

Cain: Aww! That’s so adorable! Well we should go heal out Pokemon up. There’s a PokeCenter built in here right over there.

The 2 walked to Nurse Joy and had their Pokemon healed. They were enjoying each others company. They started to talk to pass the time.

Cain: So what is your past like?

James: Uhh… I don’t know if I wanna talk about that.

Cain: That bad huh?

James:… Have you ever heard of Team Rocket?

Cain: Team Rocket. Hmm… I think so. Some bad team organization that tries to steal other people’s Pokemon.

James: Well I used to be part of that organization.

Cain: What?! Really?!

James: Yes.

Cain: Well… You said used to be which means you quit. Why’d you quit?

James: It just didn’t feel like me. I’m not a bad guy. It was just time for me to quit that part of my life and be… be good.

Cain: Well I’m glad you did. You’re a pretty cool person to talk to.

James: Thanks Cain. That means a lot. So what about you? Any secrets you need to tell me?

Cain: Well… I’m pansexual.

James: Ohh… I didn’t really mean for you to actually tell me a secret. I’m-

Cain: No. It’s ok. You told me something of your past that was obviously hard to talk about. Only fair.

James: Ohh.

Cain: My mother doesn’t approve of it.

James: I’m sorry. Some people just don’t understand.

Cain: Yea. She really doesn’t understand.

James: Is that 1 of the reasons you’re, as you say, starting over?

Cain:… Yes.

James: Well, I’m sure she’ll come around to it. If it makes you feel any better, that doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Cain: Heh. Thanks James. That does kind of make me feel better.

Just then, Ame and Victoria came walking down. Victoria had already picked her Pokemon.

xtrLwW9.png

Victoria: Ohh! There you are!

Ame: We thought you left!

James: Ohh! Sorry about that.

Cain: Sorry.~ I kinda stole James.

Ame: Ohh yes. Cain. I forgot you were coming by.

Cain: It’s totally okayyyy. While the 2 of you were gone, me and James had some fun.~

Victoria: Uhh…

James: Battling fun.

Victoria: Ohh.

Ame: Besides, he’s my man. I know he wouldn’t do that.

Victoria: Wait. You 2 are boyfriend and girlfriend?!

James: We sure are.

Cain: Ohh! That’s so cute! Congrats!

James: Thanks Cain.

Ame: And a thanks from me too. But come on Cain. Let’s get you registered as a challenger. Come with me.

Cain: Ohh yes master!~

Ame: Uhh… Master?

Cain: Nothing.~

Ame: Right… Let’s go.

Ame brought Cain up to the counter so she could register him for the Reborn League. Victoria and James stayed by the PokeCenter section. Victoria pulled out a PokeBall.

Victoria: Well James, you already battled Cain and I wanna test out my new Pokemon. Mind having a battle with me?

James: Sure! I’ll even use the same Pokemon I used in my battle with Cain!

Victoria: Alright! Let’s do it!

They threw their PokeBalls into the air. Growlie popped out of James’ PokeBall. A Litten came out of Victoria’s PokeBall. The battle got underway. Just like his battle with Cain, this was a pretty close battle as well but in the end, Growlie came out the winner. The 2 returned their Pokemon back to their PokeBalls and shook each other’s hands.

Victoria: That was a great battle James. I guess me and Litten have to get used to each other.

James: You too Victoria. I think you and Litten worked good together. Just a bit more practice and you’ll be there.

Victoria: You know James, something tells me you’re no ordinary trainer.

James: What do you mean?

Cain came walking down to the 2 just as Victoria was gonna answer. He was happy he was registered into the Reborn League.

James: I bet you’re excited.

Cain: I am but something tells me you’re more excited.

James: Is it that noticeable?

Cain: -giggles- Well Ame is waiting for you guys when you’re done! I’m gonna get going. See ya Victoria.~ See you James.~

James & Victoria: See ya Cain.

They watched as Cain exited the Grand Hall. The pair then made their way up to the counter where Ame was.

James: Hey hun. Sorry if we kept you waiting.

Ame: It’s ok. Besides, I took care of the documentation while you 2 were finishing.

Victoria: That’s great!

James: So what else is there to do now?

Ame: I have to give you 2 some stuff. 1st, a Pokedex.

James: Ohh! This is great! I won’t have to flip through a book or look through a computer anymore to figure out what Pokemon I haven’t seen yet!

Ame: 2nd, the Pokegear. This device allows you to check the map, listen to music, and there maybe other apps to find for it.

Victoria: Thanks Ame! This’ll be really helpful!

Ame: And that’s all that I needed to give the 2 of you.

Victoria: Great! Well, I should get back to Kiki.

James: I don’t mean to be nosey but who’s Kiki?

Victoria: It’s ok. She’s my teacher! I’m an apprentice at Apophyll Academy. It’s in the Azurine Region of Reborn.

James: The Azurine Region of Reborn… So this is a big place huh?

Ame: Very big.

Victoria: You should stop by if you’re ever in the area! I’m sure they’d love it!

Ame: Well he’s gonna have to go there sooner or later Victoria.

Victoria: Huh? Ohh yea! I forgot!

James: What? Why would I need to go there?

Ame: Kiki is the Fighting Type Gym Leader.

James: Ohh. Sounds great then.

Victoria: Well I should go. See you 2 around! -leaves the building-

James: Well that was eventful. I’m glad I ran into those 2 though. They seem nice.

Ame: Yea. It’s hard to find friends here.

James: Well lucky me found a girlfriend.

Ame: -blushes- Oh stop. Here. Come with me.

James: Huh? Where are we going?

Ame grabbed James by the hand and pulled him outside and into the open area. James was quite confused on what she was doing.

ulVb6mC.png

James: Why’d you drag me out here?

Ame: There are a lot of trainers here James. You should battle as many as you can and get stronger.

James: Ohh. I see. Yea. That is a good idea.

Ame: You should start with the bridge here and then move to Peridot Ward. When you train up enough, go to the Gym. It’s a big yellow building. You can’t miss it.

James: Right. I’ll be facing Julia I’m guessing?

Ame: Yep. She may act weird but she’s a good battler.

James: Ohh trust me. I don’t plan on underestimating her. So… I guess we part ways here.

Ame: Just for a bit.

James: I know. It’s just gonna feel weird.

Ame: I know how you feel but we’ll see each other again.

James: Yea… Yes we will.

The 2 moved toward each other and kissed passionately. They didn’t want it to end but they knew they had to go do their own jobs.

Ame: Well, I should go back inside and check on the interrogation with the bombing. Good luck James!

James: Thanks Ame. And be safe.

James watched as Ame walked back to the Grand Hall and went back inside. James checked his surroundings. Even though everything looked bad, he was still excited that he was going to be starting his adventure. He then set off to fight as many trainers as he could to toughen up his Pokemon.

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Ame: +10 (10/10) - The 2 are girlfriend and boyfriend. Need I say more?

Julia: +2 (2/10) - Very weird and annoying. And someone like her is a Gym Leader?! He can't believe it,

Victoria: +8 (8/10) - Very nice person. Was very helpful to James as well.

Cain: +10 (10/10) - These 2 are gonna be best friends real fast.

• Like 4

kUCGZ1R.png

James double checked everything he had with him and then started to battle other trainers. When he tried to go onto the bridge, some kinds blocked the way saying that it was their bridge and that the only way he could get through was to battle them and beat them. They were terribly tough battles but it was enough get James even more excited about training his Pokemon even more now than he usual would have. As James was training, he could hear someone yelling.

???: What are you doing?! You either do what we say or you’ll be thrown over the edge! You got that?!

James ran over to see what was going on. When he got closer, he could see a couple of boys bullying what seemed to be a Pachirisu. But as he went to intervene, another boy stepped in the way.

pXMBMKu.png

James: Hey. Get out of the way!

Boy #1: We’re busy here. Can’t you see that? Now scat!

James: No!

Boy #1: Are you stupid or something? I said scram!

James: No! What you guys are doing to that Pachirisu isn’t right!

Boy #1: It’s a wild Pokemon. We can do what we want with it! You know what mister, you’re getting on my nerves! I’ll shut you up with a battle!

James: Fine! I need to get my Pokemon stronger anyways!

The 2 threw out their Pokemon and the battle ended as soon as it started. They both returned their Pokemon back to their PokeBalls. James look at him in an annoyed way. The boy looked down at the ground and moved out of the way. James rushed up to the other 2 boys that were bullying Pachirisu.

i8Y6oU1.png

James: Hey! Leave it alone!

Boy #2: Huh? What are you doing here?!

James: I said leave it alone!

Boy #3: Wait. What happened to the dude that was supposed to not let anyone bother us?

Boy #1: He beat me ok?

Boy #2: Ugh. Useless! Look dude, it’s a wild Pokemon. We can do anything we want.

James: Ok. Then battle it or catch it. But don’t threaten it.

Boy #3: Whatever. We don’t have to listen to you.

Boy #2: Yea. You’re messin’ up our game here. Now shoo fly.

James: I guess we’re gonna do this again huh? -grabs a PokeBall from his belt-

Boy #3: You’re gonna battle us? Psh. Fine. Don’t cry when you lose though.

James threw out 2 Pokemon as the 2 boys threw out their Pokemon. It was a decently hard battle but James came out the winner. The 2 were definitely mad but they had no other choice than to give up their bullying. James went up to the Pachirisu to make sure it was ok.

F99Qt4I.png

It climbed up onto James’ shoulder, rubbed its cheek up against his and then ran off. James was happy he could help the little squirrel Pokemon. It felt good to do something right. After that, he decided it was time to head into the Peridot Ward to continue making his Pokemon stronger. There were loads more trainers here than on the bridge. But he was winning all of his battles and he was loving every second of it. He was used to losing a lot back in his Team Rocket days. Now he was winning, winning, winning. He loved it. He finally made it to the big yellow building but when he went to open the door, it was locked. He then noticed a note on the door and read it.

tQrO3VS.png

James: “Julia, do consider curbing your soporific tendencies before agreeing to rendezvous during your “naptime.” Nonetheless, we will proceed to the factory. Join immediately.” Wow… These seem like smart words. And this person is friends with her? What a weird place. But it doesn’t seem she’s here then. Maybe I should try to check any factories I see while I look around the ward.

James continued his exploration of the Peridot Ward. It was a very big place but a lot of the buildings still looked bad. They were made out of weird wood and steel plates. He felt bad for the people here. They had to live in these houses and buildings? He wish he could help them somehow but all he could do was just hope that things would get better for them eventually. Luckily for James though, there were a lot of trainers in the ward and he could tell his Pokemon were getting stronger and stronger. At 1 point, he came across what seemed to be a factory but he couldn’t see anyone there. So he continued his training. For the next couple of hours, he kept on battling trainers more and more which meant his Pokemon were gaining experience and getting stronger. He was happy with the results. He had not lost 1 battle yet. It was starting to get late and James was exploring the last bit of the ward he hadn’t seen. He came across a big blackish/gray building and in front of it, he could see a green haired boy in front of it. As he walked closer, he could hear him talking.

???: Ugh! Where are they? They said to meet at the old factory. Well I’m here and they aren’t anywhere to be found and… Wait. Did they mean the other factory! They should have specified!

James speculated that this person must have been talking about Julia and the person that wrote the note and left it on her Gym door. James went up to him to ask if he knew Julia but before he could get a word out, the boy turned around and saw him. He looked annoyed James was there next to him.

DBEknnm.png

???: Hey. What are you looking at?

James: Huh? Look, have you heard of-

???: Wait. Do you have a problem with me?

James: What? No. Why would I have a problem with you? We just met.

???: Well I hope not. I don’t think you quite know who you’re messing with.

James: But I’m not doing anythi-

Fern: Hush loser. Name’s Fern. Yours?

James: I’m Ja-

Fern: Don’t care. Listen here, I’m the cool cat and the top dog. Got it? Because I’ll be honest. I don’t think you do.

James: Geez. You’re such a… a… a twerp.

Fern: I’m sorry. I must have heard you wrong. Did you just call me a twerp?

James: Yes because you are 1.

James: Alright man. What happens next isn’t my fault. Just remember that. Get ready for a lesson in class!

The battle got under way. This Fern person was stronger than any of the other trainers he had fought since he had gotten to Reborn. He could tell that his Pokemon were at a higher level. But somehow, James was able to come out victorious. Fern was obviously annoyed with the outcome of the match.

Fern: Whatever man. I don’t have time for this. You got lucky anyways. I could tell your Pokemon weren’t at that high of a level. I was just… distracted because I have places to be. Unlike SOME people.

James: Making up excuses on why you lost ehh?

Fern: Nope. I’m just stating the truth. Do you think you’re all high and mighty just because you’re doing the Gym League challenge? Psh. You don’t even have a badge yet. Talk about lame.

James: Look, I didn’t come here for trouble. I just wanna know where-

Fern: Go work on getting a a badge and then we’ll talk. But right now, I am required elsewhere. Later loser!

Fern left the area. James was highly annoyed and furious at how he had treated him. He was a real twerp in his eyes. Although he didn’t find out anything about where Julia could have been, he was happy that he was not there anymore. It was now evening time. James decided he should go back to the Grand Hall and spend the night there. He was really missing Ame too. As James was walking towards the train tracks, he heard something.

???: HEEELLLLLP! SOMEONE HELP!

James: What the…

A loud scream for help was heard. James listened again for the scream. When he heard it, he ran to the direction of the noise. Luckily, the woman never stopped screaming, so James was able to locate her quickly. He came up to a house. When he opened up the door, he could see 2 people dressed in all black cornering a frightened woman.

Suspicious Man: Stop screaming! It’s useless. No one’s going to help you Miss. This Pokemon now belongs to Team Meteor.

James: Hey! What are you 2 doing?!

Suspicious Woman: Huh? -turns around as does her partner towards James- Who the hell are you?

LBH71eK.png

James: Nevermind who I am! Who are you 2?!

The 2 looked at each other and smirked at each other. They then started to do poses. James had a sense of deja vu right now.

Suspicious Man: Well now that you know we’re here… I’m afraid you’ll just have to be eliminated.

Suspicious Woman: This is an attack!

Suspicious Man: So brace for impact!

James: Umm… This sounds very familiar.

Suspicious Woman: To eliminate this infestation!

Suspicious Man: To restore the art of God’s own nation!

James: Has the same melody but the words are different.

Suspicious Woman: To break apart the world above!

Suspicious Man: To find what lies beneath truth and love!

Duo: Team Meteor!

James: Yep. I’m pretty sure I know what this is.

Suspicious Woman: Resonating with the eternal light!

Suspicious Man: Run away now! Don’t try to fight!

Duo: For justice! That’s right!

James: You ripped off Team Rocket’s motto didn’t you?

Suspicious Man: We didn’t rip it off! We simply made it better!

Suspicious Woman: Shut up! We need to make sure we deal with the problem at hand now!

James: Good luck with that!

Both sides threw out their Pokemon. The evil team, which seemed to be called Team Meteor, were actually pretty good but in the end, James was able to double KO both their Pokemon. They returned them back to their PokeBalls and seemed to debate what to do.

Suspicious Woman: Grr! Damnit all! If we continue, we jeopardise our main objective!

James: It’s over! You either leave now or be dealt with even more!

Suspicious Man: Tch! This isn’t over!

Suspicious Woman: Retreat!

The 2 ran past James and out the door going to wherever. James was relived that he had helped someone in need. He went up to the woman to make sure that she was alright.

James: Hey. Are you ok Miss?

Woman: Yes. Thank you for coming to the rescue.

James: Were they trying to kidnap your Igglybuff?

Woman: Yes. Apparently it’s a very rare Pokemon.

James: Well I’m glad I could help out.

Woman: I’m sure they won’t come back here again. I don’t know how I could repay you.

James: It’s alright. I’m just glad I got here in time. Well take care now.

Woman: Good bye!

James walked out of the house. He searched around the area of the house just in case the 2 were still around and were waiting for him to leave just to go back in and steal the Pokemon. When he made sure there was no 1 there, he started his walk back to the Grand Hall. He knew he had to tell Ame about what had happened about this Team Meteor.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 11

Nature: Naughty/Ability: Intimidate

Held Item: None

Moveset: Bite/Roar/Ember/Leer

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 11

Nature: Brave/Ability: Water Absorb

Moveset: Drain Punch/Leech Seed/Absorb/Growth

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 11

Nature: Modest/Ability: Levitate

Moveset: Confusion/Wrap/Astonish/Growl

vLkw1Sj.gif

Mime Jr./Male/Level 10

Nature: Modest/Ability: Filter

Moveset: Confusion/Barrier/Nasty Plot/Tickle

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 10

Nature: Adamant/Ability: Levitate

Moveset: Bite/Growth/Bind

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 10

Nature: Calm/Ability: Mummy

Moveset: Astonish/Protect/Disable/Haze

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 11

Nature: Modest/Ability: Effect Spore

Held Item: Rose Incense

Moveset: Absorb/Bide/Astonish/Growth

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 10

Nature: Modest/Ability: Contrary

Moveset: Foul Play/Peck/Tackle/Reflect

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 10

Nature: Sassy/Ability: Merciless

Held Item: Sea Incense

Moveset: Bite/Poison Sting/Peck

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Fern: +0 (0/10) - Fern is officially on James' Twerp List.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

o4xUNSi.png

James walked back to the Grand Hall. By the time he got there, it was around the evening time. Surprisingly, there was still a decent amount of people there. He walked around the place looking for Ame. At last he found her over at a table near the corner of the building. He went over to her and gave her a big hug and then sat down next to her.

2kSmH7f.png

Ame: Ahh! It felt like it’s been days since I last saw you.

James: I know. I feel the same way. I’m just glad to be back.

Ame: So how was your day? Has the training been good?

James: Well my day was full of battles. -chuckles- But yea. Training has been decent. I think I’ve battled everyone in this ward.

Ame: That’s great hun!

James: Yea. I’ve never felt this way before but I’m definitely enjoying training and battling with my Pokemon.

Ame: It’s good you’re starting to like that feeling hun.

James: It is. By the way, did you get anything out of that person from before?

Ame: Ahh. The interrogation. Normally, I wouldn’t tell anyone except for the higher ups but… I can let this slide. We did get more info out of him.

James: What did he say?

Ame: He isn’t working alone. He’s in some kind of team.

As soon as Ame said that word team, James remembered about the 2 suspicious people back at that woman’s place back in the Peridot Ward. He had to tell her what had happened.

James: Wait… Team?

Ame: Yea… What is it?

James: Before I came here, I was in a woman’s house. She was in trouble. These 2 suspicious people were in there trying to steal her Igglybuff. I got there in time and beat them in a battle. Before they left, they said the name of the team. They said it was Team-

Ame: Meteor.

James: Yes! Is that the time that guy said he was apart of?

Ame: Yes. So you also had an altercation with them.

James: Yea. It was crazy. They even had a motto.

Ame: Wait. A motto? You mean like… how Team Rocket has a motto?

James: Yea! It was weird. It had the same melody. Just different words.

Ame: That’s odd.

James: It is. But maybe they’re just trying to copy Team Rocket?

Ame: I would believe that if they hadn’t killed the other trainers in the bombing of the Grandview Station.

James: Ohh… Yea. Team Rocket just likes to steal Pokemon. Not do… that.

Ame: He said more stuff too. They are planning on blowing up another place.

James: What? Where?

Ame: Julia’s Gym.

James: She didn’t like the idea of that?

Ame: She doesn’t like it when other people try to blow up things that belong to her. Now if she did it to her own stuff, then it wouldn’t be a problem. I told her to calm down and wait a few hours before going to the factory.

James: Ohh yea. I saw a note on Julia’s Gym door earlier. It was very… wordy.

Ame: Yes. That was probably Florinia’s doing. She’s this region’s Grass Type Gym Leader.

James: By any chance, does she have a younger brother?

Ame: Yes. I think his name is Fern. Why?

James: He’s a twerp.

Ame: Ahh. Yes. He can certainly rub people the wrong way. But those 3 were going to go to the factory earlier today but went to the wrong 1. But that might have been a blessing in disguise.

James: What do you mean?

Ame: I told them to wait until nighttime to go to their hideout and ambush them. They would never see it coming.

James: Yea. Yea that is a pretty smart idea.

Ame: Yea. I just hope those 3 are gonna be enough. I’d feel better if there were 4 people going.

James thought about it. It would be a better possibility for this plan to work if more people attended this ambush. He knew if he was a bit stronger, he could help them and he did want to help them. James looked up at the clock. It was 6 P.M.

James: When is the attack going to take place?

Ame: I told them to not do it til 9. Why?

James: Let me help them as well.

Ame: What? Hun, I don’t know-

James: Look, I’m stronger now than I was when I got here but I know I’m still weak. Please, help me train my Pokemon in the next 3 hours and then I can help them ambush Team Meteor.

Ame: James… Alright. I can see I won’t be able to change your mind. -pulls out a phone-

James: Uhh… who are you calling?

Ame: You’ll see.

Ame dialed up a number on her phone and started to speak to the person on the other side of it. She told this Beau person to bring herself and her friend Zach to the Grand Hall. She got a smile on her face and then hung up the phone. A couple of minutes passed by. 2 people walked up near to where James and Ame were. Ame saw them and pulled James towards their direction. The 2 seemed to be some kind of rich people. James was confused.

KIOujMh.png

Ame: Thank you both for coming. This means so much to me.

Beau: No problem Ame. Anything to help you.

Zach: Indeed.

James: Who are they?

Ame: Ahh. Right. James, this is Beau and Zach. Beau and Zach, this is James. He’s actually my boyfriend.

Zach: Ohh! Well congratulations are in order then.

Beau: You seem like a very nice man.

James: Thanks. So what are you 2 doing here?

Beau: Well isn’t it obvious? We’re here to help you train your Pokemon.

Zach: So I hope you’re ready to have many Pokemon Battles in the next 3 hours.

James: Wait. You 2 are Pokemon Trainers?

Zach: Yes. Why? Does that shock you?

James: I’m just not used to rich people being Pokemon Trainers.

Beau: Well we aren’t just trainers. We also try to fund Ame here anything possible to try to get this Region back to its former glory.

Ame: James, aren’t you from a rich family? And you’re here being a Pokemon Trainer.

James: Ohh… yea… I guess you’re right. Sorry.

Beau: -chuckles- It’s ok. But we better begin soon. Ame hasn’t told us why we have until 9 to help you train your Pokemon up as much as possible but it must be important.

James: It really is. Thanks again.

Ame: Alright. I gotta go take care of some stuff. Good luck hun.

James: Thanks Ame.

The 2 leaned into each other and kissed each other. Ame then went behind the counter and went downstairs. The Beau, Zach and James brought out their Pokemon and the training began. At 1st, James’ Pokemon had some difficulty keeping up with Zach and Beau’s Pokemon. But within an hour and a half, his Pokemon were right on par with theirs. This made James very happy. Within about 2 and a half hours of training, James’ Pokemon were now easily defeating Beau and Zach’s Pokemon. The 2 were very pleased with the results hsi Pokemon’s training. At 8:50 P.M., they decided to stop training. At that point, his Pokemon weren’t getting any stronger from defeating way weaker opponents.

James: Thank you 2 so much. I never knew my Pokemon could get so strong.

Zach: No problem James.

Beau: Yes. Whatever it is you’re doing, be careful. We should get going now. Tell Ame it was nice to see her.

James: I will. See you later you 2!

Zach and Beau left the Grand Hall and headed home. At that time, Ame came back upstairs and stood behind the counter. James came up to her on the other side of it. Ame could tell that his Pokemon and himself had gotten stronger.

ycSkO61.png

Ame: So, how’d the training go?

James: It was great! Me and my Pokemon are much stronger now! I feel more confident in my battling abilities now!

Ame: I’m glad hun. But hey. It’s getting near 9. Head to Julia’s Gym. I just notified her that you’re gonna meet her there and then you 2 can meet up with Florinia and Fern at the factory.

James: Alright. When this is all over, I’m coming back here.

Ame: I hoped you would. Good luck hun and kick some ass!

James: I plan on it.

The 2 leaned over the counter and kissed each other good-bye. Afterwards, James left the Grand Hall and walked towards Julia’s Gym. It didn’t take long for him to get there. However, when he went to open the door, it swung open and smashed him in the face. He clutched his face in pain. Julia walked out and could see James was in pain.

uqf2Mnf.png

Julia: Oops! Sorry about that.

James: Ow! Could you be more careful next time?! Jeesh!

Julia: I will remember that for next time! But I got Ame’s message. I’m glad you’re coming with us to stop Team Meteor! Weird name right?

James: I guess?

Julia: And I can’t believe they were gonna try to blow up MY GYM! No 1 blows up my stuff unless it’s me!

James: Well, Ame wasn’t lying when she said that about you.

Julia: I can’t wait to go over there and boom their things!

James: I can agree with you on that 1. By the way, where is Florinia and Fern.

Julia: They’re coming! We’re gonna meet them at the Mosswater Factory.

James: So that’s what it’s called huh?

Julia: Mhm! We should start going there now! It’s almost 9!

The 2 started to go over to the Mosswater Factory. Or more like James walked as Julia skipped along. He was ready for this ambush against this Team Meteor. He was also getting excited to try out his now stronger Pokemon against them. He was feeling very confident and also getting excited for this mission.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 15

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 15

Moveset: Drain Punch/Leech Seed/Absorb/Growth

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 15

Moveset: Confusion/Yawn/Astonish/Growl

vLkw1Sj.gif

Mime Jr./Male/Level 15

Moveset: Confusion/Barrier/Nasty Plot/Mimic

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 15

Moveset: Bite/Bind/Vine Whip/Growth

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 15

Moveset: Night Shade/Protect/Astonish/Haze

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 15

Moveset: Mega Drain/Absorb/Astonish/Growth

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 15

Moveset: Foul Play/Topsy-Turvy/Tackle/Reflect

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 15

Moveset: Bite/Poison Sting/Peck/Toxic Spikes

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Ame: (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - Learned more about Team Meteor, their plans and is letting James going on the ambush mission? Who wouldn't want her as a Girlfriend?!

Julia: +2 (4/10) - Still annoying and now painful. PHYSICALLY painful. But at least she seems to not like it when her things get blown up... by someone else.

• Like 1

Xek13JY.jpg

James and Julia made it to Mosswater Factory. The 2 stood in front of the building examining it. Julia went over to the door which was covered by a steel grate. No 1 would be able to physically remove it.

James: Any ideas?

Julia: Hmm… Ok! Stand back!

James listened to Julia in case whatever she had planned would severely injure him. Julia took out a stick of dynamite, lit it up and placed it by the steel grate. James could see she wasn’t moving away from the dynamite. He was about to try to get her out of the way but it was too late. It exploded with her right in front of it. Dust clouds were all around the area. After a few seconds, the dust clouds started to disperse. Surprisingly, James could see Julia still standing there. No injuries or even any could of black stuff on her.

James: How… did you survive that?!

Julia: Survive what?

???: Well so much for a secretive ambush.

James and Julia turned around and were greeted with Fern and what James assumed to be his sister. It was weird how eerily similar the 2 looked. Julia seemed happy that they were there. Well at least 1 of them.

7oLJnib.png

???: Explosion detected. Julia’s presence confirmed.

Julia: Yay! Make things go boom and acquire friends!~ James, that green haired girl is Florinia. FYI, back in school, she was my roommate and BFF.~

James: BFF?

James looked at Florinia. She had barely spoke much but what he had heard, she seemed to speak intelligently and smartly. These 2 were best friends?

Julia: Aaannnd that’s Fern. Hi Fern. Ok, moving on!

Fern: Ha! I get no respect. But it’s cool. Me and James here already met.

James: Yea and it wasn’t a great 1.

Florinia: Time wastes. Let us proceed.

Fern: Look here James. I know we got off on the wrong foot but it’s cool right?

James: Honestly Fern-

Fern: By the way, don’t mind my sister. She’s weird. A lot of people that talk to her call her “Flobot” because of how she talks.

Julia: Well I call her Rini because she’s not a robot. Now come on! Focusies! We have bad guys to boom!

James: I can’t believe I’m saying this but I agree with Julia. We should get inside. That blast most likely alerted them that we’re here.

Julia: Then let’s get in there and boom their faces off before they keep booming everything else! Normally, I’d like that but not like this. Sooo chaaarge!

The 4 of them ventured into the building. As soon as they entered, they could smell something awful in there. They continued to walk up til they came across a steel blockage. All 4 of them looked over the edge and could see that the water in there was heavily toxic. Way more polluted than the water outside.

GVk9SAQ.png

Julia: Yuck! This smells terribadtastic!

James: Tell me about it. That water must be polluted beyond repair.

Florinia: The wine hue indicates high levels of pollutants. Estimated toxicity: 90+%.

James: I have no idea what that means but this must be what’s being dumped into the lake.

Julia: No wonder it’s so poisonous!

Fern: Yea yea yea. Enough with the hippie environmental bull! Let’s just get going.

Julia: We have to stop this factory from ruining the lake! Team Meteor clearly doesn’t care about the well-being of the city!

James: You know, I’m surprised they haven’t come rushing to the entrance. They either didn’t hear it or they saw this coming.

Florinia: James is correct. The path diverges. The most efficient course of motion for facilitation of thorough investigation and reclamation of this property is a similar bisection of the party.

Fern: How about you speak in fucking English?

Julia: Hey! Be nicer to your sister! Anyways, she said we should split up. Duh.

Fern: Pfft. Whatever.

Julia: And Rini will come with me! We’ll take this wing! Which means James, you have to go with Fern! Try not to let his attitude get to you!~

Before either James or Fern could utter a word, Julia ran to the area she said her and Florinia would go to. James felt annoyed.

James: Florinia, how would you feel-

Florinia: Proceed with caution.

Fern: Ha! Burn. Don’t worry sis. I always do.

Florinia: You were not the intended recipient of my previous statement. Permission for you to be life-endangeringly reckless: Granted.

Florinia proceeded to go to Julia in the next area. James could see the frustration on Fern’s face with what she said to him. He couldn’t help but utter a smile. Fern saw it but ignored it.

Fern: Well as you can see, she didn’t get enough hugs growing up. Not my problem.

James: Definitely not from you at least.

Fern: Whatever dude. Look, let’s just get going. And don’t you slow me down.

James: I should be saying that to you. -starts walking to the other side with Fern-

Fern: Wait. What do you mean? When we battled before, your Pokemon weren’t hitting hard at all.

James: Well I did some power training for a couple of hours before coming here.

Fern: Let me guess. You’re oh-so important girlfriend hooked your Pokemon up with some drugs or something?

James stopped in the middle of walking. Fern bumped into him. James turned around to him. He was furious that Fern mentioned Ame in such a way. She would never do something like that to any Pokemon ever.

5LZ6RKh.png

James: Look, I’m not enjoying with this team up anymore than you are. So let’s just get through this ok?

Fern: Psh. Whatever.

James: How do you even know about me and Ame anyways?

Fern: I got people. By the way, Team Meteor members up ahead.

James turned around and could see 2 Team Meteor Grunts walking up towards them. With no words exchanged between any of them, everyone took out a PokeBall and threw it. The double battle began. Fern thought he’d have to do all the work for both James and himself but he was shocked to see that James’ Pokemon were hitting way harder than last time. He could definitely tell because James was using his Chimecho. In their battle, it couldn’t quite 1-hit KO his Budew but now it could knock out the foe’s Lillipup. The battle was soon over with James and Fern being the victors. The 2 Team Meteor members seemed quite surprised.

Meteor Grunt #1: What?! How could we lose?!

Meteor Grunt #2: Those other 2 gave us info about this purple haired man and his Pokemon! How did he-

James: I trained up my Pokemon for 3 hours! They’re tougher than you’re expecting now!

Meteor Grunt #1: Damnit! Come on! We have to go warn the others!

The 2 Meteor Grunts ran off further into the factory. James and Fern looked at each other annoyingly. With no words exchanged, they continued exploring the factory, battling any Team Meteor Grunts they came across. The fights were actually pretty easy. James was glad he trained up his Pokemon. If he hadn’t, he didn’t think they would stand much of a chance against these guys. Soon, the 2 came to a room where Florinia and Julia were in. Julia saw them come in and started cheering for them.

tuEC9FS.png

Julia: Yay! James is here! Aaannnd so is Fern.

James: How’d you 2 do?

Julia: It was fun! So many baddies to fight! I kind of wish I could make them go boom though.

Florinia: Meteor Headquarters confirmed beyond gate.

James: Well how do we get past that steel grate?

Julia: I know! I can boom it open!… Except I used the last of boomies to get in here.

Fern: Well they were planning on blowing up more things right?

James: Ohh yea. If that’s the case, then-

Julia: Where are the boomies at?!

Florinia: Hold on… This facility’s digital security system appears substandard. A brute force attack should be sufficient. Please hold.

Julia: We can’t just sit around waiting for you to hack that thing!

James: She’s right… again. We should search for some dynamite or anything explosive.

Julia: Yea! You and Fern go look for the boomies while I stay here! They weren’t the way either of us came. So they must be around here somewhere!

Florinia: Why is combustion your solution to any obstacle?

Julia: Ummm… Fun for the whole family?

Florinia:… Indeed.

Fern: Alright. Enough with the talking. You heard the crazy boomy lady James. Let’s find some explosives.

Julia: Yea! For once, I agree with Fern! To the boom-mobile!

Fern and James went to the room below them. They had to fight some more Team Meteor Grunts but like the other ones, they weren’t hard to fight off. At last, they got to the explosives.

Plm4Nb5.png

James picked them up and brought them back to Julia. She was all excited when she saw James holding the box of bombs.

Julia: Yay! Boomies! You got them! Leeeeet’s do this!

Julia went up to the door and placed the bombs in front of it. She lit a match and was just about to light them up for them to blow when the steel grates went up into the ceiling. Julia and James looked at it in confusion. Fern didn’t seem to care. Then Florinia spoke up.

Florinia: Access granted. Let us proceed. -goes to the next room-

Julia: But I… The booms! What about the booms!? We were about to… Rini! -goes to the next room-

James:… I kind of wanted to see that explode.

Fern: Leave it to my sister to ruin everyone’s fun. Well let’s get going.

Fern and James went ahead to the now opened room. When they got in there, they could see 2 more Team Meteor Members and what seemed to be their boss. But the man looked weird. He was wearing weird clothing and seemed to have a mechanical eye patch. The 2 joined up with everyone else.

KUbnSE6.png

Julia: You! Are you the 1 in charge here?

???: And if I am?

Julia: We’re gonna boom your faces off for what you did to the Grandview Station!

James: Julia, calm down. Who are you?!

???: Hmm… Amusing. Tell me, what power do you think you have to do so?

Julia: Hey! Answer James’ question! Who are you?!

???: My name? That’s not important right now. But it’s obvious you know who we are. We are Team Meteor. And we do not relent. Don’t think you got through this place on your own ability.

James: Wait… What do you mean?

???: We had no intention of defeating you.

Fern: Then this ambush was for nothing.

???: Our purpose here is forfeit already.

Julia: Then why did you let us in here?!

???: It was necessary. You all needed to attend a demonstration.

Julia: Let us in?

???: Did you really think you hacked our security so easily? Foolish. I ordered our operators to slow you down long enough to delete all mission critical data from our systems. But it seems we overestimated your strength. Time was ample. We grew tired waiting.

James: Are you calling us we-

???: Enough talk! Aster and Eclipse!

Aster & Eclipse: Yes?

???: Deal with the small fries. I can handle these 2.

Fern & James: Small fries?!

Eclipse: If you say so.

Aster: For Team Meteor!

James: These 2 seem more stronger than the other members of Team Meteor Fern. Make sure you don’t mess this up.

Fern: Me? You’re most likely to be the 1 of messing up here!

The battle started. The pair of grunts led off with a pair of Rockruffs. James and Fern sent out their Pokemon. Ferns Pokemon took most of the damage as James’ Pokemon dealt the finishing blows to their Pokemon. The 2 were shocked at how somewhat easily they were defeated. They returned their Pokemon back to their PokeBalls. James looked over to the battle between the Gym Leaders and this possible Boss of Team Meteor. While this was an intense moment, he made sure to take note of Julia’s Pokemon which was an Electrode.

XgCufbM.png

He would have to battle her in a Gym Battle soon. The boss could see that Aster and Eclipse had been defeated. He seemed annoyed at this.

???: You 2 have lost already? How disappointing.

James: I think it would be best if you gave up this fight.

???: Hmph. I can take 2 on myself easily, but 4… Fine. You’re right. But this was an amusing diversion. Do no think you have won though. Team Meteor does not forgive.

He and the 2 members of Team Meteor exited the room and left the factory. Julia and Florinia returned their Pokemon back to their PokeBalls. Julia looked over the room and then put the explosives down onto the ground. Before anyone could ask her what she was doing, she ignited them. Everyone ran as fast as they could out of the building. As soon as they all made it out, the bombs exploded, completely ruining the building. Julia seemed quite pleased with herself. James was frantic though.

James: Jeez Julia! You could have at least told us that you were doing that before just doing it!

Julia: Sorry! But hey! We did it!

Fern: Right. Well if you’re done putting my life in danger, I’m getting out of here. I’m not like James here and just dawdle around all day.

James: What?! I don’t-

Fern: Peace! -leaves the area-

James: He’s such a twerp. How do you put up with him Florinia?

Florinia: I have a lot of patience.

Julia: He sure knows how to sour a mood…

Florinia: That is 1 of his few veritable competencies. Nonetheless, Obsidia requires further investigation. I will attend to that now.

James: Wait. Obsidia? What’s that?

Julia: It’s another ward!

Florinia: It is East from the Grand Hall.

Julia: Ok.~ Well thank you for helping Rini! It’s been so long since we last hung out at graduation buuuut I know you’ve been busy with stuff. It was awesome to hang out with you again! Just like old times right?

Florinia: And equally destructive, correct. However, sentimentalities remain counter-productive. James, do you know that Reborn has something called Field Effects in battles.

James: Field Effects? Umm… I can’t say I do know. Is it important?

Florinia: Yes. In Reborn, Field Effects have positive and also negative effects for both trainers Pokemon. It is up to the trainer how to take advantage of it. Recently, trainers have been documenting the specific attributes of each environment. As such, I have created an application to catalogue these attributes and effects. Allow me to install this beta version into your Pokegear.

James: Ok. Here you go.

James handed over the Pokegear to Florinia. She pressed a couple of buttons and a ding sound could be heard from the device. She then handed it back to James.

James: Thanks Florinia. Umm… The Electric Terrain?

Florinia: Yes. Only that effect is stored in the device. If you want additional information on other Field Effects, you must acquire them in some way or form.

James: Ohh. Well thanks Florinia. I’ll make sure to use this before every Gym Battle.

Julia: Wait… Electric Terrain!? Rini! That’s for MY Gym! Are you giving James a lead on me?!

Florinia: At any rate, I’ll report today’s proceedings to Ame. Farewell. -leaves the area-

ZVy7q2Y.png

Julia: Rini!!! If you’re gonna sass me, at least do it with some feeling!

James: Is she ok? She seems really… I don’t know.

Julia: -sigh- She’s never been the same since…

James: Since what?

Julia… Nevermind! I’m glad you decided to help us out James! I’m not sure we would have been able to do that without you! You were great!

James: Thanks. I’m glad I came too. It feels good to do good.

Julia: Good guys are awesome!

James: And it was kind of fun hanging out with you… Kind of.

Julia: Yay! Well since my Gym isn’t going to randomly blow up, I’m gonna head back there now and get some sleep for tomorrow.

James: Yea. I think I’m gonna do the same.

Julia: You’re gonna come back with me to my Gym?

James: What? No. I meant turn in for the night. I’m gonna go back to the Grand Hall.

Julia: Ohh. Ok! Well I’ll see you tomorrow for when we have our Gym Battle!

James: I can’t wait for it.

Julia: -starts leaving the area- You know… if my Gym were to blow up, that’d be kind of cool. -leaves the area-

James:… That girl is all types of weird.

James was starting to feel really tired. He experienced so much in his 1st day of Reborn. Train explosion, an evil team, new friends, Gym Leaders, his girlfriend. It was wild. But he was still happy with the end result so far. He headed back to the Grand Hall and walked inside. Luckily, Ame was still at the counter.

James: -yawns- I’m so ready for bed hun.

Ame: I can tell. Did it go alright?

James: We got them out of there. Florinia said she’d report more back to you.

Ame: Alright. That’s good. I’m so glad you’re ok though.

James: Me too. I can’t wait for tomorrow though.

Ame: That’s right. You’re gonna have your Gym Battle with Julia right?

James: Yea. I think I might do a little training tomorrow when I wake up. But it’ll be my 1st ever Gym Battle.

Ame: I’m glad to see you’re excited. I’ll be rooting for you! Now let’s get you to a bed.

James: Yea. Thanks hun.

Ame opened up the way for James to come through and they went downstairs. They went into a room and got ready for bed. Before bed though, they kissed each other good night. They then laid down and drifted off peacefully to sleep.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 16

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 16

Moveset: Drain Punch/Leech Seed/Needle Arm/Growth

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 16

vLkw1Sj.gif

Mime Jr./Male/Level 16

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 16

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 16

Moveset: Night Shade/Protect/Astonish/Haze

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 16

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 16

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 16

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Julia: +2 (6/10) - He seems to be warming up to her and even her "booming" personality. She was also pretty effective in the ambush against Team Meteor.

Fern: (0/10 NO CHANGE!) - Still a twerp. James is glad that he's gone. Hopefully for a bit longer this time though.

Florinia: +5 (5/10) - She seems like a nice person... Really weird though. She doesn't really show emotion that much.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ohbldjS.png

The next day, James and Ame woke up from their peaceful slumber. They both felt great and refreshed. They cuddled for a couple of minutes before getting ready for the day.

Ame: So today’s the day huh James?

James: Yea. My very 1st Gym Battle ever.

Ame: You nervous?

James: Somewhat. I’m more excited though.

Ame: Well just remember what I told you. Every Gym Leader has a full team of 6.

James: Good thing I also have a full team as well.

They put on new clothes, packed up their stuff and were fully ready for their day. The 2 went upstairs. When they reached there, Ame stopped James quickly.

James: What are you doing?

Ame: You see that person over there?

James: Yea?

Ame: That’s a trainer. While you were gone, I called a couple of people. Anytime you need training, just come here and someone should be standing near the counter there for you to battle and train your Pokemon.

James: Aww. Thanks Ame. You didn’t have to do that though.

Ame: It’s ok. They actually wanted to do it. They get bored sitting at their homes doing nothing.

James: Well that’s great. I’m gonna go train for a bit then.

Ame: Alright James. Good luck.

Ame went to 1 of her workers and started to talk to them about something. James went up to the trainer and he agreed to train his Pokemon up. It wasn’t difficult training up his Pokemon and their power didn’t increase dramatically but it was enough that James felt comfortable taking on Julia. He thanked the trainer and went to go exit the Grand Hall but heard Ame’s voice telling him to stop. He turned around to her.

udxpp78.png

James: What is it Ame?

Ame: I know I already said this but I just wanted to say good luck with your Gym Battle against Julia.

James: Ohh. Well thanks hun. That means a lot.

Ame: Also, before you just go through her Gym, I need you to do something.

James: What’s that?

Ame: There will be a computer terminal when you get into her gym. I want you to go to it and press the call button.

James: Huh? Why?

Ame: It’s a surprise. Now get to it. Big day for you.

James: -chuckles- Well alrighty then. See you later.

The 2 leaned in and kissed each other. James then left Grand Hall and walked to Julia’s Gym. He kept thinking about what Pokemon she would have other than her Electrode. This was gonna be 1 of his toughest challenges he had ever faced in his life. When he got to the big yellow building, he went inside. Remembered what Ame wanted him to do, he searched for the computer terminal. Once he located it, he went over and pressed the call button. It rang for a few seconds and then Ame’s face popped up on the screen.

7WvPb2E.png

Ame: Hey James!

James: What’s this?

Ame: Well this computer terminal is for trainers that need advice on Gym Leaders their about to face.

James: Ohh. That sounds helpful.

Ame: So for Julia, her Electric Field will make all of her same-type attacks even stronger and add a jolt to some other attacks like her explosions! It’s standard fare but if you have something that can tank Electric attacks, you’re almost home free.

James: Sounds complicated.

Ame: Maybe. Hey. You have that app where the Field Effects can be read right? Did you take a look at it yet?

James: Actually, no. I haven’t.

Ame: Maybe you should before you go facing her. Anyways, good luck James!

James: Thanks Ame.

The screen shut off. James took out his Pokegear and looked at the Field Effects app. He found the 1 that said Electric Terrain and clicked onto it. There were a lot of notes on this Field Effect.

gfEGwbr.png

ZagQ9sI.png

a8A4YY0.png

James: Well, I guess I’m gonna have to use brute strength in this battle.

James started to battle the trainers inside the Gym. At the end of 1 corridor, there was a Voltorb. It turned around to James. He didn’t know what to do so he went back to the entrance. The Voltorb was following him which confused him. He decided to have it just follow him since it didn’t seem dangerous. But he couldn’t go further beyond a steel grate. While thinking of what to do, the Voltorb went up towards the steel grate and started to glow.

James: Voltorb? What are you… Ohh no!

James jumped back away from Voltorb. It exploded, creating a hole in the steel grate. James couldn’t believe it. Julia’s Gym puzzle was to use these Voltorbs to blow holes in these steel grates? Well, it suited her. He got up and started to get through the Gym. It didn’t take much but he finally got to the end. He entered the next room and wasn’t much surprised to see a banner on the ceiling that said “KABOOM!” He could see Julia who seemed more hyper than usual.

c7nKxZj.png

Julia: James! Hi!

James: Hi Julia. Uhh… Are you ok?

Julia: I’m great! I just had a lot of coffee!

James: Ohh. That makes sense.

Julia: But allow me to welcome you to the Super-Duper Ultra-Hyper Electro-Dazzle Happy Boom-Time House of Cheer!

James: The Super-Duper what?

Julia: Ohh yea. Please ignore all the superlame machinery junk. But I think I need more banners! And streamers! And… hmm… Fireworks!

James: Wouldn’t that be more dangerous?

Julia: Probably!

James: Wouldn’t that also be a safety hazard too?

Julia: Absolutely but who cares?!

James: I do!

Julia: Ohh yea… Hey! Don’t think I’ll go easy on you just because you helped us out earlier! I have pride to upheld!

James: I didn’t expect you to. I want you to go all out!

Julia: James I have to tell you something.

James: And that would be?

Julia: I am in fact… a former captain cheerleader! The Onyx Trainers’ School’s honor depends on me! OTS, we represent! We pack a punch and don’t relent!

James: Where did that… You know what? I should expect this.

Julia: Alright, alright, alright! I’m wired! So let’s fight!

The 2 grasped their PokeBalls and threw them out. The battle started. James was actually having a decently easy time against Julia. He wasn’t expecting this. Maybe he trained up a bit too much. But when her Electrode came out, that’s when James started to have a little trouble. But luckily, he was able to knock it out and be victorious in his 1st ever Gym Battle. The both of them returned their Pokemon back to their PokeBalls.

James: That was a great match Julia.

Julia: Mrrrrr…

James: Uhh… Julia?

Julia: Whateverrrrrrr. I’m gonna go take a power nap.

James: Wait! What about my badge?!

Julia: Hmm? Ohh yea. I almost forgot. Fiiiiiine. Take your whatchamacolit Badge. -hands James the Volt Badge-

James: Wow… This is amazing! Thanks.

Julia: Yep… I need coffee…

James: Uhh… Are you ok?

Julia: I’m just tired.

James: Ohh. I’m sorry.

Julia: Yea… Well I’m going sleepies now! Good night!~

James was amazed when he witnessed Julia literally lay onto the ground and fall asleep right away. He looked her over just to make sure she was ok. When he was sure she was just fine and actually sleeping, he made his way out of the Gym holding his shiny new badge. When he got outside, he could see Victoria. He hadn’t seen her since the previous day.

James: Hey Victoria!

Victoria: Huh? -turns around- Ohh! Hey James! Wait. Did you just win your 1st badge?

Nxi20qm.png

James: I sure did!

Victoria: That’s great!

James: Thanks. So are you here to challenge Julia too? You might have a hard time trying to wake her up.

Victoria: Huh? What do you mean?

James: She went to sleep almost as soon as she gave me my badge.

Victoria: Ohh… Well I was going to but I heard something awful! Apparently something weird is happening in the Obsidia Ward.

James: The Obsidia Ward… Florinia said something about that last night.

Victoria: She tell you anything about it?

James: Just that there was a situation going on there.

Victoria: Well the plants are coming to life and attacking people.

James: Huh?! How?!

Victoria: I’m not sure. But it doesn’t sound good. As soon as I heard though, I knew I had to go over there and see if I can help!

James: I think I’ll join you for that. I just gotta heal up my Pokemon 1st.

Victoria: Alright. I’m gonna go then. See you there.

Victoria left and headed to the Obsidia Ward. James went to the Pokemon Center to heal his Pokemon. When they were fully healed, he too then ventured to the Obsidia Ward to see if he could help with this plant life stuff.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 17

Moveset: Flame Wheel/Roar/Bite/Leer

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 17

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 17

vLkw1Sj.gif

Mime Jr./Male/Level 17

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 17

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 17

Moveset: Night Shade/Protect/Hex/Haze

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 17

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 17

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 17

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Julia: +2 (8/10) - She's a very good Gym Leader. And she can fall asleep really fast too... And anywhere for that matter.

• Like 2

lWr8SGp.png

James was walking passed the Grand Hall to get to the Obsidia Ward. He remembered there being blockages going into different wards and 1 of them had to be Obsidia considering he saw Victoria heading that way. But as he was about to make it to the stairs, he heard someone shout out to him. He looked around. In a couple of seconds, he could see Ame running down the steps towards him.

ShzE7vF.png

Ame: Whew. I got you before you left for the Obsidia Ward.

James: Is everything ok?

Ame: With me? Yes. Obsidia Ward though? No. I’ve been getting reports from Florinia with what’s been going on there and luckily today, I’m not as busy. So I’ve been granted a day to go to Obsidia and see what’s going on there and see if I can stop it.

James: You are? That’s what I was about to do.

Ame: I figured.

James: Why don’t we go together?

Ame: Sounds like a fantastic idea.

James: Alright! Let’s get going then.

The 2 then climbed the stairs and started to head for the entrance to Obsidia Ward. When they got closer, they could see 2 policemen and Florinia.

e1A8D6W.png

Ame: Florinia? You’re still here?

Florinia: James. Ame. Greetings. My immediate departure is necessitated however. Obsidia remains in a volatile condition. My attendance is mandatory. Farewell.

Ame: Hold on Florinia. I am to go see if I can stop all this plant life frenzy from continuing and James is coming along.

Florinia: …These terms are acceptable. Given the previous assistance granted at the factory, you will also be helpful.

James: Thanks I think.

Ame: Alright Florinia. Give us a brief on this situation.

Florinia: Certainly. An unknown force has recently begun continual engagement in the overstimulation of the malignant flora life. Cause remains unknown. However, previous incidences of this behavior have resulted in large scale destruction.

James: Wait. You mean this is happening around other wards?

Ame: If I remember correctly, it also happened in the Jasper and Beryl wards but… well it’s not so bad here. If we stop it in time, this ward won’t be completely destroyed.

Florinia: Correct. Isolate and eliminate the source of the extraneous growth immediately.

Ame: Any idea where it could be happening from?

Florinia: The target area has been narrowed to the Obsidia Park.

Ame: Makes sense. It’s the area with the most plants that’s still able to grow despite how the environment is.

Florinia: Operation assets will assemble there. Do attend shortly. Farewell. -leaves the area-

James: So how far is the park?

Ame: Shouldn’t be too long actually. We should be there within a couple of minutes.

James: You think maybe we can take a quick look around? Considering I haven’t been here that is.

Ame: I suppose. But we shouldn’t take too long.

James: You’re right. Alright. Let’s get going.

The 2 ventured into the Obsidia Ward. There seemed to be a lot of businesses here trying to sell their stuff. There was a salon, a PokeBall store, a candy store. There was even a company here from Silph Co. This was quite surprising to James. But the thing that surprised the both of them were 2 things. As James explored the area, he could see cracks in the road. Some were small but others were huge. You could look down the hole and see nothing but complete darkness. It was quite unnerving. Ame decided it was time to go to Obsidia Park. But as she was leading James there, the 2 of them stopped. In front of them was a huge hole in the ground. It was too far to even try to jump over. They were stuck.

IJiZyKn.png

Ame: Damnit!

James: What do we do now?

Ame: Let me think. Umm… Maybe we can get to the other side through the Obsidia Slums.

James: Obsidia Slums?

Ame: Yea. It’s not far from here. We just have to go down. I’ll tell you more about it when we get there.

James: Alright hun.

The 2 started walking down towards the Obsidia Slums. It didn’t take long though for a familiar face to appear before them though.

F2wlPrl.png

Victoria: James! Ame!

Ame: Ohh! Victoria! You’re here as well huh?

James: What happened?

Victoria: I… I’m not sure what to do. I’m sure you’ve noticed that the main road is blocked off thanks to the plants destroying the city.

Ame: Yea. It wasn’t a pretty site.

Victoria: Well I was gonna go through the slums to get to the other side. But it’s too dangerous!

James: Why?

Victoria: These men. They kept trying to attack me and it was like the debris in there was moving or something!

Ame: Moving… debris?

Victoria: Yes! Wait. Are you both planning on going through the slums?

Ame: Well of course.

James: We have to stop these crazy plants!

Victoria: Well… Ame, you’re more than capable of going but you should stay James.

James: What? I’m capable of going through though!

Victoria: I’m just… I’m just worried.

Ame: … You 2 should have a battle. If James wins, he stays. If he loses, he stays.

James: Huh?

Ame: I never really got to see you truly battle. Plus, you can test your strength against someone who might be on the same level as you.

Victoria: Yea… Yea! That sounds like a great idea!

James: Well… fine. If this was anyone else though, I would have declined. Our rematch Victoria!

The 2 trainers threw out their PokeBalls and the battle started. The battle wasn’t difficult but it also wasn’t hard. Even with James limiting himself to only using 3 Pokemon so it’d be an even battle. Despite that, he was able to win the battle without losing a single Pokemon. Ame and Victoria both seemed very impressed with James’ Pokemon strength.

Ame: Wow! Not bad hun.

Victoria: Well I guess you’re more prepared than I am. Just promise me you’ll be careful alright?

James: Wait Victoria!

Victoria: Hmm?

James: Look, we don’t know what we’re fighting out there. And the more people we have with us fighting against… whatever this thing is, the better our chances of us beating it. Why don’t you come with us?

Victoria: Come with you? But wouldn’t I just slow you both down?

Ame: Nonsense! You’re a great trainer. Think of it as some more training too. You wanna be stronger right?

Victoria: Well… yes I do.

Ame: Good. Then you’re coming with us.

Victoria: Well… alright. If you 2 don’t mind.

Ame: Alright. Let’s get going. We’re almost there.

The 3 set off to find the slums. With more people added to the group now, their chances of beating this plant attack were more successful. Soon, they ended up in front of the entrance of the slums.

gJcmDco.png

James: So… this is the Obsidia Slums huh?

Victoria: Yea. It’s weird in there.

Ame: This place is basically for the homeless to come and live or for people that are doing drugs to hideout here or just to even drink.

James: Wow. That sounds…

Victoria: Scary?

James: No. It sounds sad. I feel sorry for them.

Ame: I do too. If I could just get enough fundings, I could make nice cozy little homes for them to live in but I don’t…

James: Hey hey. It’s ok Ame. You’ll be able to do it some day. But for right now, let’s focus on getting to the other side.

Ame: Yea… You’re right. Thanks hun.

James: You take the lead and me and Victoria will follow behind you.

Ame: Alright. Just a warning though. They will probably want to battle you.

James: That’s alright.

Victoria: Yea. I’ll feel more confident with people beside me now. Let’s get through it!

The 3 friends walked into the Obsidia Slums. The journey to get to the Obsidia Park was only just beginning and it started with getting through this dreadful, disgusting place.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Z5nKNuP.gif

Growlithe (Growlie)/Male/Level 18

Moveset: Flame Wheel/Roar/Bite/Leer

Db2yfEo.gif

Cacnea/Female/Level 18

LVNAb27.gif

Chimecho/Female/Level 18

vLkw1Sj.gif

Mime Jr./Male/Level 17

iq7ldWg.gif

Carnivine/Male/Level 17

W2azgqe.gif

Yamask/Male/Level 18

Moveset: Night Shade/Protect/Hex/Haze

e6oSMYe.gif

Amoonguss/Male/Level 17

3QVoe90.gif

Inkay/Male/Level 17

z43jKjn.gif

Mareanie/Female/Level 18

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Ame: (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - Hey! James finally gets to travel around with her for a bit. Even if it is because they have to stop plant life from getting out of control!

Florinia: +1 (6/10) - She was useful in her own weird way and now we know the general area of where the crazy plant frenziness is happening.

Victoria: (8/10 NO CHANGE!) - She stopped you and costed you some time getting over to the Obsidia Park but now you have another ally!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1