Smash online is still arse

LOLZLION

Seriously. There is absolutely no difference. I still lost 1 million GSP for losing ONE FREAKING ROUND! and I still played on a non legal stage with 2 stocks, even though I had preferred rules on and they were specifically final destination 3 stocks and no items. In fact, now it's worse because now we the only character you'll face is this games' Bayonetta. In fact, if you know how to play against Joker and nobody else, you could probably make it to elite smash. How has this not been fixed by patch 3.0? I understand they were busy adding Joker and working  on other things like stage builder, but could they at least fix what is a big chunk of their game? I mean, I've probably put more time into online than the single player parts of the game. And that's why it's so frustrating that they haven't fixed it yet. Smash 4's online wasn't perfect, but at least then I didn't have to worry about playing on some dumb item infested stage if I played for glory. I'm really getting fed up with playing online with rules I absolutely despise. If the game might not match me with someone with the same preferred rules as me, then what's the point of the preferred  rules system anyways? It's just annoying that they haven't fixed this by patch 3.0.

>just annoying that they havent fixed a brand new character in the same patch he came out in

do go on... i'll get the popcorn.

in all seriousness. just learn to live with it like i do. i havent encountered a single joker yet, and at higher GSP the drop and increase is massive per fight. dont think "oh this is BS i lose 1m GSP from a single fight". instead think "oh sweet, i won and got like 1m GSP"

The problem is, that's a broken system. Overall, I've found you lose more GSP when you lose than you gain when you win. Also, I've never heard of someone getting 1m GSP for 1 win. You were probably playing with a relatively new character, as in one you never played before ( Even then my new characters have never gotten that much for 1 win ). Meanwhile, my sonic is stuck in the 80,000s range no matter how many times I win because for some reason, he only gets roughly 1,000 GSP per win.  If you can live with the flawed system, that's fine.  Good for you! But I for one, have higher standards when it comes to a game I paid $80 CAD for. When I buy a game like Super Smash Bros., I expect good online. If not I at least expect it to be fixed by patch 3.0.