Questions about Devil May Cry 5.

LOLZLION

So, I've heard a lot of good things about Devil May Cry 5. I may consider getting it, but first I need to know something. Is the gameplay mostly hack and slash, or is there more to it than that? There probably is considering all the praise it's gotten, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks

It's THE Hack and Slash. 
It's literally the Hack and Slash all other Hack and Slash games wish to be or are trying to copy the homework of.
The only thing about it I wouldn't recommend to others about it is that It is the 5th entry in a series, so some plot elements won't make sense.  Also the series is notoriously difficult.  They make the enemies just as bad ass as Dante and his friends are.

Every Hack and Slash wants to be Devil May Cry or God of War and rarely succeed.

1 minute ago, G'doots said:

It's THE Hack and Slash. 
It's literally the Hack and Slash all other Hack and Slash games wish to be or are trying to copy the homework of.
The only thing about it I wouldn't recommend to others about it is that It is the 5th entry in a series, so some plot elements won't make sense.  Also the series is notoriously difficult.  They make the enemies just as bad ass as Dante and his friends are.

Every Hack and Slash wants to be Devil May Cry or God of War and rarely succeed.

Ok good. I was worried that it would be too easy like some other hack and slash games I've tried. But that was really my only worry. Thanks for clarifying :).

I think most hack and slash games are easy because I grew up playing this and God of War.  Only other good hack and slash I played and liked was Bayonetta and No More Heroes.