Best legendary Pokemon

Chrixai

Sup peoples, I'm back from the dead! So wanted to throw this in there, in everyone's opinion, which Legendary Pokémon do YOU think would best suit the Interceptor, and why? If the story of Rejuv gave you the option to have a legendary Pokémon involved in the story (this is your main traveling Pokémon, has dialog, travels with you like HG and SS, possible telepathy) which would you choose? IMO, I'd Choose Victini, why? The interceptor has been told that people are impressed by their battling capabilities, right and we almost never lose? We'll now you know why. Victini! V for victory! Also I just like Victini. Fire types is one of my favorite types, and just look at it! Looks like an innocent child! But this is just me. Which would you choose?

Victini.png

• Like 1

I don't know. The MC doesn't really have a personality since silent protagonist😑. So, it'd be hard to match a legendary/mythical for them. Wouldn't it be a bit op having one that early too? I wouldn't want a starter if I had one of those Pokemon to choose from. I guess i'd give the MC a bad legend like one of the Regi's or something...

1 hour ago, Youmu9 said:

I don't know. The MC doesn't really have a personality since silent protagonist😑. So, it'd be hard to match a legendary/mythical for them. Wouldn't it be a bit op having one that early too? I wouldn't want a starter if I had one of those Pokemon to choose from. I guess i'd give the MC a bad legend like one of the Regi's or something...

I don’t mean early in game. I mean like midway or somewhat later in the game. You don’t have to battle with it. I meant travel wise. Like a main Pokémon travel companion.

I’d choose Victini too. Firstly, I love Victini. Secondly, I think it was a fun mystery gift in rejuv wayyy back in V2. I have reason to theorize that Victini may hold some significance in the game. Just a thought. Plus Victini seems very fitting. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Xurai said:

Sup peoples, I'm back from the dead! So wanted to throw this in there, in everyone's opinion, which Legendary Pokémon do YOU think would best suit the Interceptor, and why? If the story of Rejuv gave you the option to have a legendary Pokémon involved in the story (this is your main traveling Pokémon, has dialog, travels with you like HG and SS, possible telepathy) which would you choose? IMO, I'd Choose Victini, why? The interceptor has been told that people are impressed by their battling capabilities, right and we almost never lose? We'll now you know why. Victini! V for victory! Also I just like Victini. Fire types is one of my favorite types, and just look at it! Looks like an innocent child! But this is just me. Which would you choose?

Victini.png

Spoiler

Plot twist: The MC was a Victini this whole time.

As much as that could be true, it's not exactly possible. 😅 But there may be some form of connection/relation to Victini, as you implied. 

Also, there are parts in the story where the Interceptor can lose and the story would still continue. For example, the fight with Shadow Mewtwo or the fight with Madame X on Blacksteeple castle. So it's not like the Interceptor always wins. 

However, I still say Victini best suits the Interceptor. 😄 

• Like 1

Given the fact that the MC doesn't seem to belong to that world, and that we're are bound to end up confronting Spacea and Tempa and their leader, probably Giratina is a good bet (Plus having an extradimensional dragon as a partner would be very cool (?) ), and given they've already been involved in several Time-travelling hijinks (either traveling themselves, as Adrest, or the thing with Narcissa), I would think also Celebi would be a good bet.

I'd choose Arceus, besides the obvious pros to having the Pokemon's version of God with you, its the only legendary Pokemon that might be able to have dialogue in the mainline game series canon (remember Mewtwo and other talking pokemon via telepathy is a anime thing, something that Rejuv has also used that I'm not really a fan of) and it would lead into some very interesting interactions in Rejuv's plot. (Possibly even the restoration of Anju) If Arceus is off the table I would choose my favorite legendary Coballion.

• 2 weeks later...

Tapu Lele would fit pretty perfect for the main character.

>It matches Nancy's colors.
>It matches one of the protagonist's colors. (Aevia)

>There are enough Tapu so that one can be presented to each of the four Lights.

>Tapu Lele directly counters Madame X's Yveltal due to setting up a terrain that negates all forms of priority and boosts both Fairy moves and Moonblast. (Fairy moves get a 1.5x boost and Moonblast gets a 1.3x boost that stacks with the first boost.)

A darkrai seems appropriate imo. A mysterious creature of the dark. Misunderstood, silent. And the kind of turn the story is taking, that the characters gotta be wary of the interceptor, seems too much darkrai'ish.