Mod Request/Idea - "Rematchable" Gym Leaders

iDunno

Hi, I had this idea while training some pokemon for the rotation boxes, and decided to throw it here in hopes that someone who knows how to mod this game would pick it up.

After we finish the story content for E18, there's not a lot of repeatable trainers we can face, only the trainers at Grand Hall and the Indra clown from Agate Circus, and even then, they face us on a neutral field. Episode 19 is probably have some sort of rematch system post-game where we can face Gym Leaders and other recurring characters, but as of now, if we want to face a Gym Leader again (or just relive any other story battle like E18's Gauntlet), we have to manually search through our save files.

So, I thought it would be cool if there was a Mod where we could rematch at least the Gym Leaders in their respective fields, and have their teams be at the current level cap (lvl. 90-95, or lvl 100 for Pokemon that we faced that were over the lvl cap, like Charlotte's Ninetails, Samson's Conkeldurr and Hardy's Dusk-Lycanroc) and with full EV spreads, in case they didn't have it (like the earliest gym leaders).

Maybe you could have a new NPC in Grand Hall that could trigger those rematches by dialogue; or have a new room in Grand Hall (like the basement in Sandbox Mode) where the characters would just be standing, and they would battle you if you talk to them; or just have them be in their respective gyms again.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually i recently started working on something like that.It looks like the CoM back from Ep16.There are two main issues:

1.On our current levels it's VERY hard to make them challenging again,

2.I have no idea how to setup fields.And i looked through a lot of the code.

Other than that it's pretty simple.You setup a teleporting event in the Grand Hall.It teleports you to Julia and each time you defeat a leader you are healed and teleported to the next one.I'll make my own thread when i will have something more done(so far i made Julia).

I agree with @bobirobi20, it's difficult to make Julia's electrode with sonic boom threatening at 90's (& also more difficult to rebuild their teams with attacks/stats according to the levels scaled)
It would be fun to make it possible to basically "relive" the original battles. I know the trainers are stored somewhere accesible by the debug mode. It could be made to be more accessible (a "memory chamber" or a "time capsule" maybe?) to fight the original fights again.

It could be said that, again, Julia or Florinia wouldn't be at all challenging being that their levels are at most around their 10s, but, well, I think if all you want to do in Reborn is smashing a team of voltorbs at lvl 10 with your lvl 95 Hydreigon, this mod isn't for you. But it could be used to try other sets, to just relive the better battles of the game without the plot-related stuff (or with the TM's and everything else)...

Maybe a good thing that could be done to balance a bit the mod would be to take out the monetary reward to avoid farming for money, and maybe (or not) also the xp rewards?