Starters' EVs are TRASH

I think you mean IVs. You have 6 different status that range from 0 to 31 and all off them have the same chance of comming up (as far as I know). But yeah, it's a bit hard to get all of them high. Don't puch too much thinking in it, try getting a good nature + ability and focus on getting good IVs when you can make your breedings 😄

46 minutes ago, TotallyNotLuck said:

Holy fuck, they are so bad. Is that intended or am I just unlucky?

Erm, EVs always start at 0.

Or did you mean IVs?

In that case, its really just luck. I tend to focus on just the attacking stat of choice and speed. If those are good (above 20) then I'm good.

Just now, wcv said:

Erm, EVs always start at 0.

Or did you mean IVs?

In that case, its really just luck. I tend to focus on just the attacking stat of choice and speed. If those are good (above 20) then I'm good.

fuck i meant ivs. always get them mixed. problem is that whatever i choose has trash attacks stats and mediocre everything else. are there any mods that let you edit starter ivs (im playing intense so...)

I think there are mods for that, but the game isn't intended like that. you just got the short end of the stick 😛 if you soft reset, you should eventually get a mon with good IVs

43 minutes ago, TotallyNotLuck said:

fuck i meant ivs. always get them mixed. problem is that whatever i choose has trash attacks stats and mediocre everything else. are there any mods that let you edit starter ivs (im playing intense so...)

In there are a debug mod that allow you edit your pokemon like iv shiny nature etc. Just move the debug mod from optional folder to mod folder, although personally I don't recommend it as it lose the fun. Personally I don't really care about IV as it scale with levels, in early game it will not affect too much. I more care about natures and hidden ability.

Just now, Zeroyue said:

In there are a debug mod that allow you edit your pokemon like iv shiny nature etc. Just move the debug mod from optional folder to mod folder, although personally I don't recommend it as it lose the fun. Personally I don't really care about IV as it scale with levels, in early game it will not affect too much. I more care about natures and hidden ability.

Honestly, I only want to edit my starter to be not-bad. I ok with 20-odd IVs all around. I'll probably use this for my starter, then bin the mod. Thanks tho!