Possibilities for Episode 19?

Ulti

Well, I was going to write down a review of Reborn and Rejuvenation , but someone else already did it and put it into better words then I could. Maybe another time. But for now, instead i'd like to share some ideas/hopes I have for the finale. 

More so for Reborn seeing as it's nearly done. If you guys are stuck for ideas, feel free to use this post to help. 
Oh, before I forget, slight spoilers for other fan games included. 

1.    Reborn Champion battle

This one is a bit hard to place.  Not really certain wether their going for the standard E4 challenge or go anime style and include a tournament to see who goes on to face the E4 and champion.

But there is one aspect I'm hoping for. Maybe have it as post-game.

Now you can say what you will about Sun and Moon. But if there's one thing i'll defend with gusto, it’s the title defense. For so many years, we've had to continuously battle the E4 and previous champ even after we already beat him. The champion room should be ours!

At the end of Sun and Moon, after beating the newly established E4, there's no one in the champions’ room before we arrive. 

Because we are the champion this time. We are the ones waiting for a new challenger with our ultimate team. 

By the way, you know how our opponents have been running rough shot over us with field effects?

…….Hehehe…...Payback can be a real bitch folks.

As an added bonus, you get to adjust your field to match your play style. This could be a reward for the completionists who actively sought out the field effect read outs. The more options you have.

2.Your own place? 

Desolation gives you a freaking mansion

Rejuvenation gives you a personal room at a resort and a boat. (Damn, I love Tesla)

Point is, the Mc basically kicks it wanderer style after getting to Reborn. Look, I know secret bases are a thing,  but I'm talking about your own house or something to kick back during breaks in the plot. 

3 A new gym challenge? 

Now this one is more on the side of speculation rather than personal request. I'm sure a good chunk of you know about the debug mode. Or the 'God' mode as some call it. Allows you to add certain items and Pokemon of your choosing. 

However, while I was messing around with it, I curiously checked out the 'Add badges' section. Now, there's supposed to be only eighteen gyms in the main story, right?

But upon looking further, I found the number exceeded that by at least ten. Is this some kind of mistake,  or an unintentional sneak peek at the future post game ?

To be fair though,  I never added any other badges. Not earning them through battle doesn't really sit right with me. 

4, Relationship values.

This has seriously been bugging me ever since I found out they were an actual thing. I really want to see the result of these values with the cast. So far, save for a few key moments, thet had little to do with the story. Maybe it determines which trainer fights you for your title more than others. 

Really don't think a romantic route works with a lot of these characters .

5. Legendary quests

This might be a lot of work so I don't recommend using this one unless you really want too. 

In short, make catching the legendary mons a fun time. Don't do what Game freak did and just hand them out like participation awards.  I actually want to have a need to stock up on Poke balls. 

If any of you have any ideas you might want to see, put 'em down below.

This is nothing concrete,  just having a bit of fun with our imagination. 

• Upvote 1

E19 is going to be huge.

Not too sure about the champion battle. Anime style would be neat(I'm so pleased someone got it right, the tournaments in the anime are for the right to challenge the E4 and Champion, not to become the champion), but I don't think we have enough people for that. 

I'm also not sure about having our own place. Story wise, it'd make sense, but gameplay wise, if we recieve our own place to stay, it'd be more for gameplay purposes. It'd have to have content to it for us to take advantage of, especially if it's only accessible at the end of the game.

Not too sure about the extra badges. Surely they could simply be invisible place holders to give you progression rights in the story?

I've heard people speculate that the relationship values will have all sorts of wonky results and paths, and I've even heard people suggest that there is going to be a true ending to the game as well based on them. 

I don't want too many legendaries in the game. It'd take a lot of effort, and it could really clutter up the areas of the game having them all accessible somehow. Besides that the game would be over and you'd have nothing to use those legendaries on. 

• Like 1

• Veterans

i'm not going to talk about legendaries since spoilers

but did you know that there's a way to get swift's base power up to 516? it's true!

just put a sylveon next to a xerneas on starlight field.

but anyway yeah no spoilers.

• Like 3

I'm hoping we just get to hang out with the Reborn cast. Maybe not romantically, but just as friends, though i would assume that would take a lot of effort to program in events like this on top of the main event. I'm just waiting for my showdown with Lin. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 12:03 AM, Ulti said:

At the end of Sun and Moon, after beating the newly established E4, there's no one in the champions’ room before we arrive. 

Because we are the champion this time. We are the ones waiting for a new challenger with our ultimate team. 

By the way, you know how our opponents have been running rough shot over us with field effects?

…….Hehehe…...Payback can be a real bitch folks.

As an added bonus, you get to adjust your field to match your play style. This could be a reward for the completionists who actively sought out the field effect read outs. The more options you have.

That's actually a really cool idea! We know that there's probably gonna be a place post-game where we'll be able to rematch Gym Leaders and other recurring characters (presumably Arclight's Nightclub), so if the dev. team decides to implement a Champion challenge system like in S/M/US/UM, being able to choose your own Field Effect would be a cool way to set it apart from the normal rematches: on the Nightclub we would have to face other characters on a Field of their choosing, but on the champion room, the challenger would have to face us on our terms (in that scenario, it would make sense for us to be the overpowered ones).

Also, if they do decide to implement a challenger system, it would be cool to have the option to skip rematching the E4 and just go direct to the champion room. In S/M/US/UM, it was quite tedious having to rematch every single one of the Four just to face a random challenger at the end (and it doesn't even make sense in-universe for you, the champion, to have to go through all of that again).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry If i am necrobumping. After that tournament announcement in reborn, I'm expecting us to have to battle Saphira alongside Charlotte, due to the picture putting them together. It would be a nasty suprise, also it makes sense to have the Final Badge have some kind of defining element. That and it would be appropriatly difficult, since I don't see how Saphira's battle would be able to compete with other battles, though I could be wrong. What do you think ?

• Like 1