ZEL and Taka battle help

TotallyNotLuck

I'd recommend swapping Noibat for something that beats Chatot, evolving Pancham (level 32 + dark type in party), and then leading with Pangoro + Meowstic. Have Meowstic set up Light Screen and let Pangoro go wild - Pangoro has a good matchup against 4/6 'mons in this fight and every single one of their Pokemon is a special attacker bar Umbreon who's 4x resisted.

19 hours ago, Seel The Deal said:

I'd recommend swapping Noibat for something that beats Chatot, evolving Pancham (level 32 + dark type in party), and then leading with Pangoro + Meowstic. Have Meowstic set up Light Screen and let Pangoro go wild - Pangoro has a good matchup against 4/6 'mons in this fight and every single one of their Pokemon is a special attacker bar Umbreon who's 4x resisted.

but if i have a lvl 32 poke, wont it overevolve? also what dark types are easily accesible

Chatot is the main problem, try to use a pokemon taht can paralyze him so he jsut doesnt sweap.

Anyway, most leaders/boss battles in this game use clear hax. I know most just say it's not true cause they love the game, but i've played the game 4 times and it has ALWAYS happened. You fight against normal npcs, your rng is normal: sometimes you fail, sometimes you have a bit of luck. Sometimes they fail, sometimes they are a bit lucky. With bosses and leaders the difference in "luck" is just so blatantly biased I don't get how people still say theres no hax. Try using confusion agaisnt leaders and the likes, or paralyze/sleep them. Then check what happens when they confuse/paralyze or sleep your pokemon. Or the amount of times they land crits to get that last chunk of hp they need. I'm now playing an all eevee playthrough. Currently battling zel and pulse muk. In 3 attempts muk literally didn't hit himself one time with confusion, while his umbreon's ray made my Sylveon hit himself 3 times in a row, my vaporeons muddy water is constantly missing (85% chance against bosses in this game is like 25% chance, when will I learn), my Jolteon keeps missing charge beam and his muk still hasn't been paralyzed ONCE, 2 of my wipes were due to muk criting just when he was going to die, etc etc. Just an easy way to make fights harder.

I don't know about the bosses being haxed, I have my Lopunny using Hi Jump Kick and only missed two times out of the 20-30 times that I used it without a wide lens. Also, charge beam does not paralyze it just has a 70% chance to increase your sp. atk. stat. The only time I ever had bad rng was when my quick claw did not go off on my Gothitelle facing off with Radomuses final pokemon.

Can't relate, my luck with cofusion hax is usually pretty stellar. As a matter of fact I've had a lot of fun with Taka when Spoink/Grumpig was still on my Psychic mono team :]

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_nw26xhFCgh1tvim1h_500.png

lil bitch

As frustrating as it is, and annoying as it's gonna be to hear it after you said you don't really believe people who say it, the AI is faced with the exact same odds for hax as the player is. (But certain fields also do affect accuracy or effect chance, so that's something to keep an eye out for as well.) We've all been faced with some shitty luck before, but at the end of the day it really is just that - bad luck.
Battles like the TakaZEL double definitely often end up a haxfest, and that's understandably irritating, but the AI ain't cheating at the dice roll.

(Pretty sure I'd never have beaten Serra on my bird run if sleep hadn't screwed several of her mons over.)

As a side note, PULSE Muk has sky high special defense, I'm not surprised it's giving you trouble in an eevee run.

I do understand you peeps when you say its equal odds. I'm a huge fan of rng games like X com and the likes, and I totally udnerstand I'm going to egt bad luck streaks sometimes. it's just that in this game it happens so often and so consistently that I can no longer have the same mindset I have with other rng games.

And well, the 4th try agaisnt pulse muk was smooth. The moment he got paralyzed and confused one or two times it was enough for me to set up buffs and nuke him. The only reason I was having problems was cause I was having the usual bad luck agaisnt bosses. Even with high special def, it's really not a hard boss mechanically.

I just beat them tonight, bug moves burn down 2/3 of the team and Glaceon+Chattot are the only issues. I used the lvl 3 kirkitot from lower peridot evolved to tune, who learns the extremely potent X-Scissor at 30, but if you can take out Espeon with something else, an ariodos should be able to take out Umbreon and the Legendary-rivaling PULSE Tangrowth with a 610 BST. Kill Eggs, Paralyze or Sleep chattot asap, then get the eeveelutions from ZEL down, then kill Chattot and wear down Tangrowth with special moves, as that is the weaker stat. Having a tanky mon to resist their moves helps too, which Pangoro can assist with.