[Game Over] Hunger Games Sugoroku Mafia

Candy

giphy.gif

The Hunger Games you know, in a land you don't know...

jh0itzt.png

Welcome everyone to Hunger Games Live! I’m your host Prince Candy, ready to tell you all the juicy scoop about this year’s Games, the first ever in the Reborn Region.

*Dramathicc but upbeat music plays*
Buckle up my lads, because I have some insider info that will send your hearts racing and your bodies rolling, as we anxiously await the start of the Games later this week 😄

First of all, you want to take a look at the tributes, am I right or am I right? Our reporter Veronica should be at the Training Center right this moment. Veronica, can you hear me?

44XAANj.png

Hello, our lovely audience! This is Veronica reporting live from the Training Center, with special authorization to take a peek at the tributes getting ready for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to showcase their survival instincts 👍 What are we waiting for? Follow me in. *push opens door*

jh0itzt.png

Wow. You know Veronica, I’ve been doing this job for 10 years now, and yet I can never see the Training Center facilities without awe 😍 Those are some serious equipment! Regrettably, I don’t hit the Gym very often 😅 I hope it doesn’t show!

44XAANj.png

We all appreciate you with and without your fat rolls, Prince Candy 😉 But you’re right. This place is huge and full of high-tech workout machines. You can see the tributes from District 1 over there strengthening their leg muscles. They’ve definitely chosen their finest warriors. Look at those faces! 😬

jh0itzt.png

They look like they could eat me alive without a thought. Remember folks: eat le candy but donut eat le Candy 🍭

44XAANj.png

The two tributes from District 2 aren’t trailing behind either. Let’s take a peek on how much they’ve ran on the treadmill. *gets closer to the machines* My goodness 🤯 They’re running at 13 miles per hour and already have an hour elapsed. If you get chased by these guys, you might as well forfeit right then 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️

jh0itzt.png

I can barely walk an hour straight without getting muscle aches, tendon aches, bone aches and headaches. Maybe I'm just getting old, or more certainly likely, these tributes are something else. 
*Crashing sound*
My my 👀 what was that noise just now? Is everything alright there?

44XAANj.png

Oh, that wasn’t a real issue 😅 It seems District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark dropped a large barrel of mud. The boy is a baker back in his home district. Let’s hope all the best for him.

jh0itzt.png

I’m sure he’d win if this were a cooking contest. However, let’s not jump to conclusions and underestimate him, for if we’ve learned one thing from the Hunger Games, it’s that anything is possible!

44XAANj.png

You're absolutely right, Prince Candy. With that, I conclude the report from the Training Center. Look forward to the next time you will see them, which will be in their individual interviews right through the same channel with the same host!

jh0itzt.png

Yes, don’t forget to tune in for the individual interviews. You’ll learn more about the lives and personalities of your favorite candidates to championship. We’re all about the juicy scoop, after all! That concludes our show tonight, Candy out! 👋🍭

🍭What is Mafia? 

Spoiler

Whatever it is, this ain’t it chief. The only thing tying this game to mafia is the roles and phases. Everything else is an amalgam of RPG and board game (sugoroku is a type of board game in Japan). So read ahead, you’ll need all this info.

🍭 The Arena

Spoiler

It can’t be the Hunger Games without an elaborate arena to play in. This year’s arena features a 6x6 grid on which you can move one tile in {north, east, south, west, diagonals} directions during the night by rolling a 8-faced dice. When you hit an edge, you will start at the opposite end. Each tile has something going on, but that will be a secret. I can’t spoil all the surprises, can I?
Odd things might start happening as the number of tributes decrease, or do not decrease at a desirable rate. After all, a Game Maker’s job is to make fun for the Capitol citizens! Be on your toes, tributes 😄 

image.png.b0a5beb759238eff3847cc562dd50ee1.png

🍭 Roles and Win Conditions

Spoiler
  1. Archers, Shooters, Bakers, Artists (Tributes): You want to be one of the two victors of the Hunger Games. In order to accomplish this, you will have to shoot and kill the other players until two, including yourself, remain standing. That, of course, means you cannot win if Katniss and Peeta win- you can do the math, right? You all have the Vigilante ability, giving you the choice to shoot or not shoot at another person standing on the same tile. You will also receive a vest to protect you on the first successful kill- think of it as a gift on my behalf.
  2. Fangirl/Fanboy (Tribute, 3rd Party): Peeta’s confession of love towards Katniss stole your heart, and now you want to do everything in your power to make their love endure the Hunger Games, even if that means sacrificing your life. On N0, you will choose two tributes to be Katniss and Peeta, and you will only win if they are the victors.
  3. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark (Tributes): You two are the lovers the Capitol roots for. Though your skills are those of a regular tribute, you have Fangirl/Fanboy’s blessing backing you. However, because your love is so strong, the death of your loved one will be the death of you. You only win if you survive as a pair (two of the last three standing).
  4. Blind Capitol Citizen (3rd party): Your status as a Capitol Citizen doesn't allow you to take part in the Hunger Games, even if you wanted to. On top of that, you were born blind and thus cannot see the show going down. Actually, you never had interest for any Games, until this year you heard about the star-crossed lovers bound to risk their lives on the Arena. Your hopeless romantic spirit was reawakened, and so you’ve decided to root for the lovers like the rest of the Capitol. Every night you will have the chance to guess which players Katniss and Peeta are, until 5 players remain on the arena or your favorite couple dies. Not only that, but your role has a special ability which not even you know about! You win by correctly guessing both players.

🍭 Phases

Spoiler

Day phase (48hrs):

• D1 only: Bloodbath (more info on N0 Discord post).
  • You will get notified of tile-related activity, and who is standing on the same tile so you can choose who to shoot, if you want to.
  • Talking in public Discord chat OK. Talking in secret Discord chats OK.
  • You can exchange items with other tributes by telling me, if you wish to do so.
  • Can use items by telling me on personal Discord channels. 
    • Notes: Vests will be consumed automatically without need to tell me to activate them, in case of a successful shot. Real AK-47 guns will be consumed before fake ones, if a player has both of them (real and fake ones are indistinguishable). At any point in the game, ask me and I will provide you a list of items you own.

Night phase (24hrs):

• N0 only: Fangirl/Fanboy chooses the two players to be Katniss and Peeta. Players choose whether or not to participate in the bloodbath.
  • Talking in public Discord chat NOT OK. Talking in secret Discord chats OK. No use or exchange of items during this phase.
  • Players roll an 8-sided dice using Dice-chan on their personal Discord channels to determine the direction {up, down, left, right, diagonals} they will move 1 tile in (more info on N0 Discord post).
  • Blind Capitol Citizen takes a guess on who Katniss and Peeta are (more info provided to the Citizen). Successful guesses will not publicly announce who they are, however.

🍭 Other Rules

Spoiler

(1) The Reborn Forum rules apply here.

(2) Chats. Forums will only be used for Phase change posts and other announcements from the Game Maker (GM) or Show Host. In the Discord server, players will use #public-chat to communicate with other players during day phase. Secret chats (one-on-one with GM / Show Host) will be used for communication of player actions that ought not be revealed to the other players. Other sorts of chats may be created in certain circumstances, but only following the GM's rules. Other forms of contact outside of these such as Private Chats without the Host’s permission, IRL contact, and other methods are not allowed.

(3) Day Phase lasts for 48 hours, and Night Phase for 24 hours. There is no restriction on player activity; however, night phases must not be missed more than once in the entirety of the game. Failure to roll the 8-sided dice in more than one night phase will likely result in mod kill.

(4) Sharing of Role PMs – through screenshots, verbatim copying, or other forms – to other players is illegal. Consequences will be given to violators.

(5) Actions – day or night – should be sent to me via the secret one-on-one Discord channels.

(6) Respect the host and other players!

(7) Try to have fun~ Think of this like the Hunger Games simulator- a laidback killing game that is largely based on luck.

🍭 Credits

Spoiler

Suzanne Collins, author of the Hunger Games series

BrantSteele's Hunger Games simulator for the raw idea
The Pokemon Solar Light and Lunar Dark team for the base sprites

🍭Tributes

1- Alaris 🍭

2- Jason Grace 🍭

3- Quillish 🍬

4- Ame...thyst 🍭

5- DigitalAmber 🍭

6- Nano4 🍦

7- Yahy 🍭

8- Yahen 🍭

9- Dragoknight 🍭

10- Astra125 🍭

11- Jelly 🍮

12- Caimie 🍭

13- Nicki 🍭

14- Cass 🍦

15- Newt 🍦

16- CrimsonDragon21 🍦

17- ECT 🍭

18- ALíaright 🍦

19- LykosHand 🍭

20- Bok Choi but not the veggie 🍭

21- BZARO 🍦

22- Alistair 🍭??

23- Corso but 🍦

24- Howpurr 🍦

25- Jace Stormkirk 🍦

26- Nick Crash 🍦

27- GenEric 🍭

If you've read everything through, comment "peeta is cute" and I'll give you a 🍭

OH NO 

BEGONE SATAN

YOU WILL NOT HAVE MY SOUL

I 🤠 SUGGEST 👄 EVERYBODY 🇱🇦 TO TALK 👅 WITH A LOT 💸 OF 🤧 EMOTES 😃 WHEN ⏲️ TALKING ✊ CAUSE 🤽‍♂️ITS A LOT 🤞OF  👀 FUN 👯‍♂️.

Bean is cute

@CandyGive me the real candy

EAT THE CANDY! EAT THE CANDY! EAT THE CANDY! EAT THE CANDY! EAT THE CANDY! EAT THE CANDY! EAT THE CANDY! EAT THE CANDY! EAT THE CANDY! EAT THE CANDY! EAT THE CANDY!

• Administrators

Peeta is... cute?

He's not though!!!!! No male reprobate could ever be even a fraction of anything remotely considered cute!

But, uh, hi?

A friendly reminder to you all to use PETA language since you know, PETA. As an example, instead of kill 2 birds with 1 stone, say breathe 2 times with 1 breath.

a screenshot of a cell phone

Also PEETA is ugly. 

Bean is cute. 🍭 🍭

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alaris said:

Did you add this after I posted? Because I swear I hadn't read this when I wrote it xD

Did I? Who knows who knows

yes I did, I just wanted to confuse you xD

• Administrators

Because Gale is clearly objectively the better choice! Not that either of them are worthwhile... Katniss should find herself a cute girl instead!!

11 minutes ago, Jason Grace said:

I noticed everyone who did not say "peeta is cute" seem to have gotten something different from a candy in the player list inb4 y'all who did that gets a disadvantage from the start of the game

do I look that ruthless to you xD I'm but a harmless smol candy

but I did say I'd give lollipops to those who said "peeta is cute", I'm but keeping a promise 😉

mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this game sounds way too interesting to pass, i hope i can keep up with it good thing it's a discord game too

Peeta is alright I guess i faintly remember Gale being hotter