Video Game characters that people hate... (but you don't)

ShadeStrider

I really can't think of anyone. Most of the time, if a character is hated, it's probably for a good reason.

Can we discuss these types of characters?

From what I've played of Persona 3, I can say that I don't hate Ken. The Dynamic between Shinjiro and him is kind of like the dynamic between Itachi and Sasuke Uchiha, but less extreme.

Also, Metal Gear Solid 2 Raiden. If you hated him back then, you probably didn't get the point of the game.

Can't think of anything off the top of my head but there's a good reason to hate a character and a bad reason. 

Bad reasons are typically that the character is annoying, or they in general don't fulfill their purpose or function. Good reasons are, well they're scummy, they're a character made for you to hate and resent, and if you resent them, then it's a good character because they're fulfilling their function.

56 minutes ago, Youmu9 said:

Um, who hates those four? I've never seen any hate on them ever.

Ice Climbers earned their hate due to wobbling in melee and chaingrabbing in brawl. Rosalina & Luma instead were one of the most hated characters becayse of the very defensive playstyle and all the junk that Luma brought to the game. Here in smash ultimate they are not hated anymore, but only because they are bad... and that's sad

10 hours ago, Lorisaur said:

Ice Climbers earned their hate due to wobbling in melee and chaingrabbing in brawl. Rosalina & Luma instead were one of the most hated characters becayse of the very defensive playstyle and all the junk that Luma brought to the game. Here in smash ultimate they are not hated anymore, but only because they are bad... and that's sad

It wasn't really that they were bad, more so that they weren't unfun to fight against.

Ice Climbers... I think even going with Brawl Meta Knight was a more respectable character. Wobbling and Chaingrabbing were just too damn cheap. I mastered both... But Even I didn't have the heart to go with such a cheap playstyle. This is coming from a guy who used Falco in Brawl and heavily abused his down throw. At least that technique had limits.

Now... Desynch combos are still deadly, but at least the Icies aren't unfun to fight against anymore.