[IC] TotM: Directors Cut: World of Worm Chapter 2: Infuriation

Hal Henderics

-Fowl Manor, Mars.

The group finds themselves in a well stocked library, ornate, expensive.

Very expensive.

Already waiting for them at a nearby table, a middle aged man with pale skin and an almost vampiric demeanor warmly looks over the group of strangers, a book claps shut in his hands.

"I'm glad to see I've not been misled, expecting guests."  He says, blue eyes lighting up with satisfaction.

"My name is Artimus Fowl the second, and you've all been given a short opportunity for some of your confusion to be cured, a cure I am all too happy to administer."

He waves to chairs near the table.  An offer to sit, for those who can stand the decadent and well-crafted seats.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Among the evident guests of the room was a very strange figure indeed; a man in an eclectic collection of clothing; brown shoes, brown shorts, a bright cyan plastic-like tube top with a hole in the chest which showed off a strange brass sphere, even brighter cyan tubes leading from it back into the tube top and up to his arms and head. That head appeared to be almost entirely bald, with what looked for all the world like a blue pot perched upon his head. The strangeness of the figure didn't stop there, though. He had six fingers on each hand, and each and every one of his movements seemed to vaguely wobble him -- visible at the moment because of the fact that he was walking over to a chair, sitting down in it and seeming to mold to the chair as much as the chair molded to him. 

Lightly kicking his legs, the man frowned. "Um... I know I got a couple days and all to help the snakes and rabbits defend against those mean, fuckin', uh, what was it, NutriVat guys, but, uh... are they gonna be okay? I mean, I was told that... everyone would be hurt if these "Trespassers" came and everyone wasn't helped so I'm totally staying and stuff, but, man... I'm worried about them." There was a pause as the man considered something. "Oh... yeah... also, uh, who is everyone here? My name is Stretch Armstrong!"

Sitting next to the man in the 'plastic' tube top getup was a young woman, with her own kind of odd mix of attire. She wore some normal clothes, what amounted to a pair of black and white canvas shoes, black pants, and a black jacket, with white stripes. However, the point where it gets a little weird is under the jacket, where she seems to be wearing a shiny metal breastplate. To match, some similarly looking gauntlets, with some sort of small compartment that something probably shot out of. Her attire was contrasted by her pale skin, purple eyes, and white hair pulled back in a neat ponytail.

((Honestly, if you want a better mental picture...))

She sat back in the chair, crossing her legs, then turned looking confused at the man next to her. "Uh... I'm gonna be straight with you and say the only thing I understood was the question, your name, and the word Trespassers." She takes a moment to recompose herself. "I'm Bianca. Bianca Reynolds. It's nice to meet you all." Bianca smiled at all those in the chairs around her, then to Artimus Fowl "And a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Fowl. You have an extraordinary library, it reminds me a lot of the academy I graduated from." With a look around the room, her eyes lit up with the joy of remembrance.

Sha'Tith looks around, his long lizard-like neck craning and stretching to get a good look at all sides.

"This is quieter than the last time."

He sort of stalks over to the chairs with quiet but extremely heavy footsteps.  He glances at one of the small, human sized, chairs for a moment before turning to look at Stretch, Bianca, and the others.

"My name is Sha'Tith, Slayer of Skyfaller, Survivor of the Red Plane." 

As he speaks flickers of reptilian tongue and rows of pointed teeth can be seen.  He looks over to Artemis Fowl specifically.

"Where are we to be sent this time?"

Spoiler

It was getting rather late. So would that make this a late night stroll?
Takumi had finished up today's testing, and was now walking back to the Inn he always stayed at when he was working.

He had come back to work almost as soon as the funeral had been settled. 'Go take some extra time off' they said. 'We can wait on this" they said. But he had had none of it, surviving border disease is rare enough. Manifesting the full powers of a Reyvateil after? Unheard of. Whatever had caused this needed to be studied. Not to mention they needed to figure out how this would effect his body. He really did not look forward to dying to Tatoolist or some genetic complication. Or perhaps more likely, a mental one.

Two months….Well he wasent breaking out into fever just yet. He would have to see if he could make it three months.
They still couldn't figure out where his Hymn Code had come from. Some of the researchers had speculated it might be a left over code from some early testing he happened to match. But that seemed like way to much of a-

"Takumi Lagoon. Lab technician and Research assistant for the Archia Think Tank." 

He turned around to see a very pink girl behind him. She had a single long tail of pink hair bunched up by a scrunchie like band of some sort of metal looking cable (Complete with a silver flower) in a long tail coming off the right side of her head. On her body was an equally pink dress adorned with a few rings of silver. It was vaguely princess like? Not like a big puffy dress that came down to her ankles princess like.

But it swept out a little at her waist and had an intresting cut. Though he couldn't help but think the V shaped belly window at the bottom looked a little off on it. Actualy was that even a dress? Maybe it was more like...A fancy tunic and skirt? Thinking of it that way made it look a bit less odd. Regardless, going off the incredibly unnecessary flare and fancy sparkleyness of the outfit, she was definitely a Reyvateil.  

"That's me. What do you need"

"Im here with an offer, we are aware your going through some challenging times with the death of your grandmother, and that you've awakened to your abilities as a Reyvateil. Your a very lucky person you know. Your-"

"So you've been spying on me."

"No, we have simply been watching you and-"

"That's called spying....or stalking? Stalking works to."

Pink sighs and breaks her formal character and sweet assistant voice.

"Look. I would love to do this back and forth for ages, but Ive got a date, and I'm going to be late. Can you humor me for like. Five, maybe Ten minuets, so this can go quickly?"

"Fine, Fine, go on, but I already have a job so this had better be good. I'm not dropping work or causeing schedule conflicts for a low tier mercenary gig"

"What if I Told you, That EXA_PICO's song did not create and encompass all that existed. And that beyond its range, beyond the boundaries of this universe there were other songs? That Communication and Transfers between these distant worlds, some of them having very intresting ideas of how physics should work, were possible. And what If I told you that we wanted you to go to these other worlds, to help and prepare them to face and survive the assaults of horrible world devouring monsters"

"Hmmm Im thinking....Maybe Crazy. Even if I accept that the multiverse is an actual thing, Im supposed to belive some random chick I met on the streets wants me to go play hero and help worlds throughout the multiverse"

"Many great hero's find adventure in unlikely places. Your a perfect candidate. Or as close as we are going to get in this world. Your unique situation has given you phenomenal crafting speed and it would be inconvenient to send a normal Reyvateil considering that she would need a reliable partner and rather large and expensive equipment to craft songs with anything remotely approaching sufficient speed."

"A Moon Chanter usualy needs a chorus and can't offer the level of power a Reyvateil can, And your fairly intelligent with a good enough understanding of local tech and practically applied wave theory to build things which could be helpful on your mission. Especially when given some of the exotic substances the multiverse has to offer"

"Rightttt. Lets say I belive you. There are a few problems with your plan here. First off, my Songs aren't even that strong. Secondly I can't use my powers outside of the tower's range, and "another universe" certainly qualifies. And finaly, I don't even know how long ill live. Us third generations aren't exactly known for being the longest lived Reyvateils. I'm already twenty. I could kick the bucket in a month if my late awakening and unusual circumstances haven't pushed my lifespan up a bit." 

"Rest assured, all short term concerns with your abilities have been taken care of. As for your song strength, you just need a bit more confidence and time to come into your powers. An adventure will be good for you, forge some bonds and get some more emotional stimulation.

"Your implying that you can somehow alter-

"TAKUMI_FEHU_TILIA_HARVESTASHA. Such an unusual Hymn Code. Who would name a girl Takumi, and what are the odds that someone would be born with the same name and just happen to have a matching pattern in their FTT spectrum?"

"You know about that?"

"Duh. Your survival and powers were your own luck, but we noticed you couldn't use Hymmnos extracts, and thought that might become an issue when we recruited you. So we corrected it. Your welcome by the way. Your the closest thing we've had to a good candidate from this world for like....ever. At this point, its you, or me. And I'm a lot more of a pain to send."

"That's insane, and way to crazy to belive"

"Not an uncommon reaction when dealing with the multiverse for the first time."

"Here is the thing. Nothing you've said about me or my powers are things you couldn't learn from your spying and snooping. Why should I actually belive any of this? Where is the part where you prove what your saying is true. It SOUNDS intresting, and I would go if you could prove it but-"

She claps her hands togther and smiles, tilting her head.
"PERFECT! Stand right there."

"Wait what?

"You said you would go if I could prove it. Here is your proof. I'm sending you there."

The air is filled with the sound of a piano and chimes, high notes, spaced out begin to play, while numerous whispers and hushed muffled voices mutter in the background, to soft and distorted to hear. Pinky opens her mouth to sing, Not that she really needs to, and a few spinning rings of Hymmnos Text form around her as she begins to sing an Extract.

Spoiler

Wee yea ra tie yor ini en nha.
Wee ki ra parge yor ar ciel.
Wee ki ra chs mea yor en fwal.
Wee yea ra aulla cest tes yor!

Wee yea ra presia reen fandel hynne wis celetille celetille shen wael.

Was yea erra!

It started fairly standardly, the first four lines being separated by a brief pause, and sung with a loud, and clear voice. A few moments pause before picking up speed a little at the fifth line. With the music becoming a little louder, with clearer notes, held for less time.

As soon as the other voice hits, a soft, fuzzy static sound joins the whispering voices, As the Tower Begins to receive signals which it can't fully process. Waves exceeding its frequency limit. Takumi doesn't notice initially figuring its just part of the song. Which to be fair, does sound to be the case.

Spoiler

Shining above the drifting little stars are sparkling. They sing the song of everything, the infinite voices calling out to each other.  

The song touches everything that is, weaving the days and nights the children dance under. The gentle guiding hand of time, the loving embrace of space, that is cradle of dreams.

And so the worlds turn and the children sing to the stars. They call to one another and their mother in their soft voices.

They sing of the lovely towers and their castles in the sand. They sing of adventures in the forest. They sing of fights and bruises and pride. They sing of love and bonds and everything.

The two voices take their turns. Kinda cute but...Wait why was he getting Dizzy?
Oh right. She was doing something. 

Spoiler

Was au ga werlwe rre denera desfel omnis!   
Was au ga werlwe rre denera desfel omnis!   

Denera desfel manafeeze!   

Denera runie omnis en pauwee!

Was au ga! Was quel ga!

The Piano suddenly jumps to a deeper and more dramatic series of notes as the song speeds up for its dark turn, The singers moving to a more intense tone, The kind you would expect to hear when the villain made his first appearance to the hero in a play. While setting things on fire.

Spoiler

The stars weep as the hungry maws come down on them, the children slowly starve as the monsters devour everything, the lights winking out one by one as the children fall into the darkness.

Can the children save themselves and mother and everything? Will the cries for salvation band them together? Can love banish the claws digging into the world?

Stars die and are born, time passes and the question goes unanswered. The battle rages on even as the children sleep. Is this the way things are meant to be?

With the hopes, the unanswered question upon our lips we cry out to each other and everyone.

The song slows back down as it goes with its notes going back to high, but becoming softer, until finaly reaching a incredibly slow and quiet line. When the voices finally speak togther. It occurs to Takumi that maybe Letting some strange girl who had been spying on him and approached him alone at night use an unknown song on him was a bad idea. He couldn't sense any malice in the song, but the dizziness was getting-

Spoiler

Wee ki gagis exec na drone TAKUMI_FEHU_TILIA_HARVESTASHA oter EXA_PICO en drone enter Fandel Ciel.

Was ki ra exec hymme warce en afezeria omnis dea yor!

Was yea ra reen fandel celetille celetille hynne wis omnis!

Was yea erra!

The song starts to pick up again and return to a brighter tone as Pinky makes the declaration of downloading him into "Numerous worlds" with the static rising in volume and intensity as she does so. An extract that refenced his own Hymn Code? What had he gotten himself into? And why was the static so.....

"Oh."

His body feels fuzzy, like he is slipping away. Like gravity, and everything holding his body togther is starting to loosen its grip on him.

Spoiler

The song touches everything that is, weaving the days and nights the children dance under. The gentle guiding hand of time, the loving embrace of space, that is cradle of dreams!

And so the worlds turn and the children sing to the stars. They call to one another and their mother in their soft voices!

Andddd there goes the ground. Anddd now he's falling.
If there is anything more to the song he doesn't get to hear it, he is somewhere else entirely now. Drifting. Head still foggy, Like having just barely woken up. While drunk.
There was sounds all around him. Humming vibrations in something....
….
….
….Was he dead? 
Nope. Definably not dead. Dead pepole don't feel pain when they sloppily whack themselves with a heavy feeling flailing arm his brain tells him. That would be stupid. 

Well then where was-

Takumi's thoughts becomes clear again as he falls into reality. A rift in space, accompanied by a faint singing voice tearing open in the air just above the floor. Which he promptly crashes into with his armor rattling. Before he slowly pushes himself up and groans. Rift closing as he does so.
"Owwwww. Couldn't you have been a bit gentler?"

He sits up, Looks around. Quickly processes the situation and stands up. Getting in a chair and looking around with some mix of a grumpy expression, restrained curiosity, and a thoughtful look. Propping his head up on a fist.

A rather thuggish looking man looks around for a few moments, obviously confused before taking a seat. An obviously robotic looking woman stands behind him, holding a bow and looking serious.  The man leans back in his seat before speaking. "I'll get right to what's relevant to me then, Mister Fowl. My name is Conway Turlough, the robot behind me is Artemis, and I expect that you would know that my specialty is setting up bases with a focus on manufacturing, if he have similar levels of knowledge on what's going on. But that's beside the point, there should be another here, a girl specifically. Looks young, carries around a rather large gun? The teleportation device shouldn't have taken us to different areas I don't think and I'll be very... distraught, if something has happened to her."

Stretch looked to Bianca, his neck actually maybe twisting a bit as he did, it was hard to tell, and he began to explain... though how informative it actually was was certainly debatable. "Uh, well, back home there are these, uhhh, places with people in them, like there's the village called Chantenay, and it's of rabbit people. They like to make a lot of grass things, but they were fighting the village of snake people, which includes my friend Rope who didn't get brought along. Uh, so, I stretched my neck until I accidentally became chief of the snake village, and I started making them a firepit so they could cook their food and not have to fight the rabbit people, and it was looking like things were going to be nice. But then this guy with a donkey hoof showed up who said he was from a group called NutriVat Something Something Something, and that he was going to try to get the Sacred Oil that the rabbit people used, and I fought him but he escaped and was going to bring help. Uh, so I got warning I was gonna get picked up and helped them prepare, but... I'm still worried."

A man slowly takes a seat close to the center of the room, somehow coming off less as an external element of the seat than the congealed essence of refinement and taste extracted from countless betters and shaped into a man.

He took his time to let the others speak for themselves first, to learn how they would react in such a situation, and what they felt comfortable with revealing to a room full of strangers. He'd have to work with these people after all, and it was always a good idea to learn what you had to work with, almost as much as learning what you had to work on.

It was only after he heard this 'Stretch' recount his...interesting past that the refined man turned his gaze towards their host, and said, "Ah yes, 'Trespassers', the nigh unkillable race of world devouring multiversal entities,  some of my more eccentric advisors 'warned' me of their existence, I thought their claims to be unlikely and had them dismissed, I'm assuming that I am here because I was wrong."

"It's funny you should ask.  Well, not exactly the kind of funny you find in a jokebook.  More of the kind of funny found in theoretical physics textbooks."

"The method used to choose individuals to aid the greater multiverse is at least somewhat choosy, though you wouldn't think it looking at the results."

"I can assure you, you were chosen precisely because your world and it's various peoples would not be annihilated by your absence."  He says, steeping his fingers.

"There's a certain amount of precognizance that goes into picking candidates, it knows, even if we don't, to simplify it."

He explains to Stretch, before turning to Takumi.

"I can't very well be blamed for any turbulence when you choose to acquire your own transportation."

Mr. Fowl then turns to Conway.

"She's alive, and you'll likely encounter her soon enough.  The group is currently split up among various worlds.  She required the least explanation, but also required the most experienced allies in this buisness, due to her unique personality."

Finally, Sha'tith.

"You'll be sent to a world that is quite doomed to a slow cultural and moral decay."

"Of course, those are caused by it's worst people being given incredible powers at their most perilous moments."

"A good start for you all, considering it's been... Softened up."

"Our people have already been there once, and two existing members will be there to rendezvous with you."

For Lucian, he simply smiles.

Bianca didn't really care too much as to not getting recognition, mainly due to her not having any questions. She looked up and around at the large library, and just smiled. All this knowledge in place... she could spend the rest of her life in here, just getting caught up in all the books. She always was the bookworm type, preferring that even over training, not to mention the weapon making. Book-smart had a place to play in combat, from her experience, so she might as well use that. Maybe that's why she was thrown into this. She was someone who didn't particularly have a lot of influence, but she had at least something to offer. And as it typically happens, she got too caught up in her thoughts before she realized that the strange man known as Stretch had been explaining to her what she wanted to know. She smiled and nodded to him, as if she had been paying attention, even offering up a "Uhuh... I see. Well, I'm sure things will turn out alright." 

It wasn't long before she turned her attention back to Mr. Fowl addressing the group. One question had found the way to her mind. "So... will we be briefed on the world now, or once we meet the two existing members? And while I'm at it, do you know the names of those members?"

"It seems our time is up." Mr. Fowl says.

"Hopefully we will meet again, but to be frank, it's unlikely."

"Good luck, and godspeed."

-

The gang finds themselves in a laboratory, or workshop of some kind.

Mirri and Harry would recognize it as being Uber and L33t's hideout.

Bianca stumbled a little as she appeared suddenly, before correcting her stance, after looking kinda clumsy for a moment. Once she recovers, she covers her mouth with a fist, she was not used to this teleporting yet... and by god, her stomach was not enjoying it. "Oh dust, this teleporting is not my thing... I'm not gonna be sick, I'm not gonna be sick... Okay so... a workshop, huh?" She steels her stomach, but looks a little pale as if she's about to be sick, and it showed. A few deep breaths later, she looked over the group again. Wait did they gain a couple people or was she just not paying attention before?

"Oh good, just where I wanted to be. Good to see you Mirri. Uber, Leet? You guys home?" Harry called, and began to look around for Uber and Leet's presence, before noting the unfamiliar faces. New recruits? New recruits probably, unless Uber and Leet were having a costume party in their workshop.

"You all been briefed?"

The sick looking girl takes a moment to compose herself, and before long, she no longer looks like she's on the verge of upchucking. She smiles to the person she presumed was one of the existing members of the group they were to help. "Well, yes and no. We know we're here to help you all with the Trespassers, and we have stuff to do in this world... but we weren't told anything specific. Oh, how rude of myself-" She moves some hair out of her face, then reaches out her hand, and steps forward towards Harry. "-I'm Bianca, and you are?"

Conway nods at the man. "Close enough anyway. So we already have a base I take it? Good that'll save me time." Conway is quick to walk off and get a feel for what equipment is already down. He'd need to set up the basics it'd look like, given they didn't seem to have them, not even chests for storage...

Takumi Sighs.
"I was told I'm here to help prepare worlds to deal with horrible world eating monsters. Aside from that, I dont really know what I'm supposed to be doing right this very moment, and I'm still reeling a little. Do we have any immediate task we should be doing right now or what?"

He looks down at his hands and takes a step to the side, and then back a few times. Opening and closing his fingers.
Well his body dident feel off or anything. Felt normal. Well....as normal as he had for the past two months. So whatever they had done to extend the Tower's range seemed to be working.

Takumi looks around the room.
What kind of equipment is in here, and does he recognize?

"Dr. Harry Walters." He shook on it, then paused with a disappointed frown on his face. "No, no, that's really not a suitable briefing at all. First off, this place isn't ours. Uber and Leet, the guys who own it, decide whether you do anything here, so we'll wait for them. No immediate tasks." He commented briefly to the sighing man.

"I can give you a sort of briefing, and you'll learn the rest on the fly. Now, first off, you're in a pretty unstable world, yada yada. Earth Bet is home to a number of super powered individuals, villains and heroes and in between alike, and at least Brockton Bay, here, has a kinda precarious balance keeping things from erupting into mass violence. Any thing you do--casting magic, playing with drones, healing people, whatever--should be first run by allies on the world, or other people on this team if that's not possible."

"Next, here, we've got a few allies. Uber and Leet, kinda criminals. But there's some exceptional circumstances. The PRT, Parahuman Response Team, we've been cooperating with them too, closest to a good organization of heros there is here. Try not to piss em off. Dunno if that's possible, but try."

"Finally, there's one thing you all need to remember. This is not your world, and just because something works some way at home doesn't mean it does here. You tread with caution, and forget everything you know to be true. There's only 'true for X world' now. Seems simple, right? I only say it because we've had some ahem issues with it in the past. I trust you all can handle it." He did not trust that they could handle it.

Lucian did what any self respecting modern man would do in this situation, discreetly record Harry's 'briefing' using his smartphone for later perusal, check if he got any reception here on his Nova (he does), and step up to offer the man a handshake before he introduced himself with, "I'm sure that won't be a problem Dr. Harry, I believe that we are all adults here and can be expected to act reasonably."
If Harry accepted the handshake, he'd find Lucian's grip to be firm, and his hand itself to have the smooth texture of one that hasn't had to put in hard labor in quite a while. "My name is Lucian Stahl, and I'm going to be open and honest with you here; I am here to represent the interests of a concerned and very well funded corporation called KugeSchmiede, and let me assure you that we will work to aid this world while abiding by it's laws, both local and international." The man looked into Harry's eyes as he said this, seeming to not have even a small measure or tinge of hesitation in his voice as he continued with, "Now if I may ask, what actions have your group undertaken to improve the situation in this world so far?."

The lizard-man wasn't exactly phased by the sudden teleportation, it wasn't anywhere near his first time dealing with such things.  He glanced around the workshop environment with disease, it had been a while since he'd been anywhere like this and honestly he'd hoped he'd never see anything like the Skyfaller "labs" again.

His interest was peaked when the one who called himself "Harry" mentioned not doing anything strange around the people of this world.  Assuming that he meant strange by Skyfaller standards he decided to speak up.

"What would you have me do then?"

Stretch initially reached his hand out as well, a disturbingly fluid moment (as in, his joints only seemed like half of the movement) that presented to Harry a six-fingered hand, with an eager smile on his face. "Hey man," he said, "my name is Stretch Armstrong!" Stretch's enthusiasm faltered as Harry and Lucian spoke, and his smile died a little as he pulled his hand back a little (although that one was because a bunch of people were offering their hands too). What these two were saying made him nervous. Harry was talking about being careful and asking people before doing things, and Stretch mostly didn't have a problem with that, at least what he understood. After all, he had been very careful to listen to Tobacco when he was in her village, and this was probably the same thing, right? But healing... Stretch's facial expression deepened into a frown. "Hey, uh, if somebody is hurt and needs my help, I'm, uh, I'm not gonna just leave them injured, man."

As for Lucian, talking about being from a big and rich corporation didn't exactly put Stretch at ease, either, and his frown twisted to be more nervous. His experience with corporations was with Hawtorn and Nutrivatco and... they were going to wipe out a lot of really nice people who didn't deserve it. He hoped this "KugeSchmiede" was different, but it was still a little scary.

Takumi jerks his head in Stretch's direction
"I agree with....'Stretch' here. If we got called here, then Im sure we are expected to do something. Im not just going to stand around while something bad happens."

Takumi was not yet sure how to feel about Lucian. He had nothing against a corporation, but if they had access to this kind of travel and other tech, who knows what some less then savory pepole could do if they managed to get into the higher up seats. Speaking from recent history, he was well aware of the kind of disaster that could happen in that case. Still he hadn't done anything yet, so he couldn't judge. Regardless he realized he should probbly give his name now.

"Im Takumi. Takumi Lagoon. A labtech and research assistant for the Archia Think Tank." 

Bianca has a look of concentration on her face, but ends up smiling and nodding to Harry. So things might not work as expected... well, she easily believes that since basically everything she knew possible was pushed to the limit when she was teleported of all things. She checked her Scroll to check if she had a signal (she didn't), and then to see if she had her aura, and sighed relief when she saw her aura was full, and reading accurately. Once that was settled, Bianca put away her Scroll, and then started to step up to Harry. However, upon seeing him being bombarded by questions, the huntress went up to Mirri with a question "So, assuming we're here for a particular reason, which I hope would be the case with the uh... moving to places very suddenly thing... we should probably get into contact with your allies to see what we can assist with yes?"

Harry rubbed his forehead. "Look, I'm not saying don't do anything. I'm just saying there's a lot of possible consequences to little things, so maybe it'd be nice if you tried to consider them first. You see a guy sitting around with a broken arm, and you try to heal him, what if your worlds magic, or the medicines you use give him a heart attack? I'm not asking that you don't help him. I'm asking that you figure out whether your healing magic or medicine gives people heart attacks as soon as possible and as safely as possible. Make sense?"

"Last time we were here, we subdued a criminal named Lung and rescued some people from fires he caused. Cleared the local bay of sunken ships to hopefully allow its use again, open up business maybe. Set up a deal with Uber and Leet that gives us some publicity." Harry considered whether he'd mention it, then decided he would. ". . . Couple of those were without checking whether it was safe first, and they worked out fine."

"Oh, well... if that's what we're doing, then there's no sooner time than right now, right?" With basically no hesitation, Stretch reached towards the golden sphere at his chest, and with a gesture of his fingers a small flow of a thick, sparkling, bright cyan fluid came out of his chest, which he directed towards a pebble in his hand -- and out from that pebble grew two strange rocks, cyan like the fluid that had come from the sphere in his chest. They were textured like smooth, flat, oval stones, the kind that you skip off of water, and judging by the indents where he held them they were actually soft. Well, judging by the indents and the fact that he then took one and started to scarf it down casually, taking bites out of the cyan stone, chewing it, and swallowing until he'd eaten the whole thing. If he then didn't get a horrific heart attack, Stretch offered Harry the other stone. "This is my safest healing method. Try it to make sure it doesn't hurt you?"

"Ah so the previous group was a charitable organization with interests in infrastructure rebuilding, search and rescue, and presumably disaster prevention over here, got it. I'll need to if local law enforcement has given your group any grief over working with these 'kinda criminals' we're working, but that can wait." After he finished  speaking, he broke eye contact for a moment to give Stretch a bit of an odd look as the man offered Harry healing from a stone, waiting a moment before he said, "Stretch, I don't think that eating a stone will help convince the good doctor that your world or its healing methods are at all compatible with the people of this world, especially since he doesn't come from here as well."