GodofGamingRWBY

[IC] Devil May Cry: Scattered Tomb

DVS shakes his head at the other two. "C'mon are you stupid? It doesn't take a genius to realize that the big red thing there is a magic wall. And judging by the torches, we need to go into each of the rooms and do something. And if I know anything about demon architects, and I don't, that something is probably fight a bunch of demons. Because they're rude like that." With that, DVS approaches the first torch marked door on the path, since it's closest.

Rama nodded, following DVS
"That sounds about right. Usualy how it goes."

The energy is in thick here. Its a shame we're so busy solving the problem. If I had time and the materials I bet I could work some crazy sorts of magic in this place. Oh well.

Rama did his best to tune out the following comments from Briyante. Not particularly caring about his commentary.

Bard wasn't sure why, but he felt pretty certain he was knowledgeable about demon architecture. Though it didn't help much, because he didn't seem to remember any of that knowledge, just that it existed.

"I'm pretty fast." Bard started to suggest, instantly regretting what he was saying. He managed to stop himself for a moment before he resumed, "I'm pretty fast and durable, if we're afraid of traps you should put me in front. As long as there's no running water I'll be fine."

He cursed himself internally. Volunteering to be bait was not a good idea, that was exactly the way to get yourself killed by a surprise decapitation.

Kali continued to tune her starcaster as the group ventured deeper inside of the first floor of the tower. Rolling her eyes at the red wall of screaming souls, she waited for DVS and the rest of the group heading towards the rooms to enter first before she followed after them, and decided to reply to Bard's offer with, "Well, no one's stopping you."

Sam laughed at Bard’s comment. “No running water? What? Can you not swim?” he chuckled, “It would also be dumb to go alone; I’ll come with you” he said, flashing the different colors of the rainbow through his eye as he looked around the group before moving towards the door. “So are we going or not?” he directed towards Bard, his shield done up on his arm, waiting.

Adeline went in with the others, whistling a bit at the state of the place. "Looking at this place, how long you guys think until we run into demons? Minutes, at best." she commented (not sounding all that worried about it) as she took a look around and followed the others. She was a bit worried about looking for an angel - she'd learned very well their default reaction to even half-demons. She shrugged at the wrestler-guy's comments - there probably was a fight in whatever rooms branched off from this one. Was just how these things went; demons were either too dumb to actually ambush people, or too prideful to do it, with little in-between. Hence, very predictable presence. She would follow the group - she was tougher than a human, but far from invincible. If that guy thought he could handle traps, let him give it a go. 

Tomb

Despite what it seemed, nothing jumped out at the group as they approached the red wall. The only thing that did seem to happen was a new noise, childlike laughter emanating from the red wall. Strange, since it was still a mass of screaming faces.

However, as soon as one approached the wall, a gigantic red hand burst out of it, splattering blood everywhere as it slammed itself down, trying to grab the nearest individual... Which just so happened to be Bard.

Marked Door

The first door lead to another expansive hall, filled with crumbled debris and a significant lack of lighting. Unlike the main hall, there was far less blood staining the ground, only a few spots here and there, some leading out into the main hall once more, while others simply remained as circular puddles. From what could be seen, the hall seemed to also connect to the other door that had been on the same side. 

... On closer inspection, once the group got a better look, they could see a collection of corpses and weapons scattered along the ground, motionless and discarded. A few seemed to be hanging from the ceiling, barely in view, hooks keeping them aloft.

There was more now than just demonic stench in the air. Now it truly smelled like a tomb.

Brigitte let out a decidedly non-angelic-sounding expletive and raised her sword as if to strike - but paused briefly with it over her head. A burst of flame flew forth from around her, outlining her as if she were in direct sunlight for a moment, and just as quickly as it appeared, gathered itself about her sword. Her other hand came up to the weapon, and then she slammed it downwards towards the arm, the steel arcing toward the limb wreathed in holy flame. 

“Ah boo, that’s no fun” Sam said as the hand grabbed Bard while taking a step back himself. At the same time as Brigitte raised her weapon and began swinging it, Sam was raising his arm and snapping, creating a purple wave of energy accompanied by the sound of crashing cymbals heading towards the wrist of the hand.

Bard had volunteered to scout ahead for a reason, so as much as he was regretting it, he figured he should do his best to make use of his talents. Though ready to dodge at any moment, he still let out a surprised yelp when the hand emerged from the wall. This yelp quickly turned into a squeak as he attempted to shift into a bat and flutter out of the way. 

DVS pinches his nose as he looks around. Yep, the smell was typical for this kind of job. "So, you guys wanna bet that something is going to appear and fight us? It'd make sense given the bodies... Or maybe it's just fantastic interior decorating. Very Vlad the Impaler esque, easily would go for a couple thousand I think." On the surface DVS was calm, but inside he couldn't help but be a little nervous. Large amounts of dead bodies tend to do that too you.

Kai resisted the urge to retch slightly as she entered the tomb, not because she never had the chance to get used to being around the smell of blood or worse by this point mind you, but because she didn't want to; as from her experience, demons tended to smell like the charnel houses they inhabited. "I'd be willing to bet that whoever we're about to fight paid jack for their interior decor, probably just let some poor saps in and closed the door." She slowly put her guitar back in her hands as she finished speaking, starting to play the opening to a little tune to prepare for the inevitable.

Tomb

As soon as the hand slammed into the ground, a small bat slipped from its grasp, fluttering away in panic. But, before the hand could lift itself from the ground, Sam’s wave of energy hit it, causing it to convulse for a second and rear back, a chorus of agonizing screams erupting from the wall, drowning out the cymbals.

And that was before Brigitte’s sword hit.

Once it did, the results were immediate. While the hand didn’t seem otherwise bothered by Sam’s attack, the sword and its holy flames cleaved the hand in two, a new eruption of blood pouring from the two halves as they quickly dissipated, the screams of agony continuing to increase in intensity until it just about filled the entire room.

Then, as soon as the dissipating hand returned to the wall, it stopped, being replaced by a chorus of laughing children.

Marked Door

Soon after the two insulted the demon’s choice of interior decoration, one of the bodies lying on the ground twitched, their arm beginning to move and push the rest of their body off of the ground. However, thanks to the sudden glowing red veins, it was clear that it wasn’t a miracle that someone survived, compounded by the fact that when it got to its feet, bloodied eyes stared back at the group. Nope, it seemed that the demons were making new toys out of corpses.

Groaning, the body bent down to retrieve a weapon, a rusty sword, before beginning to trudge over to the group. At least, at first, all it did was trudge, but as it continued, its stance got more and more straight, as if discarding the stiffness from laying down for who knows how long.

Judging by the rapidly increasing sounds of groans and rattling of chains, it was clear that the rest of the ‘demons’ were beginning to wake up as well, two already beginning to rise from the same pile the first came out of.

Battle Combatants

Spoiler

DVS
(Rank: None)
Rama
Kali

???/??? Bloodcursed

Current Theme:
Thee Oh Sees

Sam let out a sigh “Guess I’ll have to make it sharper next time” slightly disappointed that his energy wave didn’t do much to the hand. He then grimaced slightly at the laughter.

“I can’t be the only one who doesn’t like that, give me the signal and I can try to drown it out.” he said to the group, waiting to play a song with his magic soon as he was given the signal.

DVS raised his eyebrows at the apparent zombies. "Hm, this reminds me of that one guy... Well, I'm not a coroner, but I'll be happy to see you lot in the morgue!" DVS says as he moves a bit further away from the others with him before stretching himself out, cockily.