[IC] Devil May Cry: Scattered Tomb

GodofGamingRWBY

DVS shakes his head at the other two. "C'mon are you stupid? It doesn't take a genius to realize that the big red thing there is a magic wall. And judging by the torches, we need to go into each of the rooms and do something. And if I know anything about demon architects, and I don't, that something is probably fight a bunch of demons. Because they're rude like that." With that, DVS approaches the first torch marked door on the path, since it's closest.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rama nodded, following DVS
"That sounds about right. Usualy how it goes."

The energy is in thick here. Its a shame we're so busy solving the problem. If I had time and the materials I bet I could work some crazy sorts of magic in this place. Oh well.

Rama did his best to tune out the following comments from Briyante. Not particularly caring about his commentary.

Bard wasn't sure why, but he felt pretty certain he was knowledgeable about demon architecture. Though it didn't help much, because he didn't seem to remember any of that knowledge, just that it existed.

"I'm pretty fast." Bard started to suggest, instantly regretting what he was saying. He managed to stop himself for a moment before he resumed, "I'm pretty fast and durable, if we're afraid of traps you should put me in front. As long as there's no running water I'll be fine."

He cursed himself internally. Volunteering to be bait was not a good idea, that was exactly the way to get yourself killed by a surprise decapitation.

Kali continued to tune her starcaster as the group ventured deeper inside of the first floor of the tower. Rolling her eyes at the red wall of screaming souls, she waited for DVS and the rest of the group heading towards the rooms to enter first before she followed after them, and decided to reply to Bard's offer with, "Well, no one's stopping you."

Sam laughed at Bard’s comment. “No running water? What? Can you not swim?” he chuckled, “It would also be dumb to go alone; I’ll come with you” he said, flashing the different colors of the rainbow through his eye as he looked around the group before moving towards the door. “So are we going or not?” he directed towards Bard, his shield done up on his arm, waiting.

Adeline went in with the others, whistling a bit at the state of the place. "Looking at this place, how long you guys think until we run into demons? Minutes, at best." she commented (not sounding all that worried about it) as she took a look around and followed the others. She was a bit worried about looking for an angel - she'd learned very well their default reaction to even half-demons. She shrugged at the wrestler-guy's comments - there probably was a fight in whatever rooms branched off from this one. Was just how these things went; demons were either too dumb to actually ambush people, or too prideful to do it, with little in-between. Hence, very predictable presence. She would follow the group - she was tougher than a human, but far from invincible. If that guy thought he could handle traps, let him give it a go. 

Tomb

Despite what it seemed, nothing jumped out at the group as they approached the red wall. The only thing that did seem to happen was a new noise, childlike laughter emanating from the red wall. Strange, since it was still a mass of screaming faces.

However, as soon as one approached the wall, a gigantic red hand burst out of it, splattering blood everywhere as it slammed itself down, trying to grab the nearest individual... Which just so happened to be Bard.

Marked Door

The first door lead to another expansive hall, filled with crumbled debris and a significant lack of lighting. Unlike the main hall, there was far less blood staining the ground, only a few spots here and there, some leading out into the main hall once more, while others simply remained as circular puddles. From what could be seen, the hall seemed to also connect to the other door that had been on the same side. 

... On closer inspection, once the group got a better look, they could see a collection of corpses and weapons scattered along the ground, motionless and discarded. A few seemed to be hanging from the ceiling, barely in view, hooks keeping them aloft.

There was more now than just demonic stench in the air. Now it truly smelled like a tomb.

Brigitte let out a decidedly non-angelic-sounding expletive and raised her sword as if to strike - but paused briefly with it over her head. A burst of flame flew forth from around her, outlining her as if she were in direct sunlight for a moment, and just as quickly as it appeared, gathered itself about her sword. Her other hand came up to the weapon, and then she slammed it downwards towards the arm, the steel arcing toward the limb wreathed in holy flame. 

“Ah boo, that’s no fun” Sam said as the hand grabbed Bard while taking a step back himself. At the same time as Brigitte raised her weapon and began swinging it, Sam was raising his arm and snapping, creating a purple wave of energy accompanied by the sound of crashing cymbals heading towards the wrist of the hand.

Bard had volunteered to scout ahead for a reason, so as much as he was regretting it, he figured he should do his best to make use of his talents. Though ready to dodge at any moment, he still let out a surprised yelp when the hand emerged from the wall. This yelp quickly turned into a squeak as he attempted to shift into a bat and flutter out of the way. 

DVS pinches his nose as he looks around. Yep, the smell was typical for this kind of job. "So, you guys wanna bet that something is going to appear and fight us? It'd make sense given the bodies... Or maybe it's just fantastic interior decorating. Very Vlad the Impaler esque, easily would go for a couple thousand I think." On the surface DVS was calm, but inside he couldn't help but be a little nervous. Large amounts of dead bodies tend to do that too you.

Kai resisted the urge to retch slightly as she entered the tomb, not because she never had the chance to get used to being around the smell of blood or worse by this point mind you, but because she didn't want to; as from her experience, demons tended to smell like the charnel houses they inhabited. "I'd be willing to bet that whoever we're about to fight paid jack for their interior decor, probably just let some poor saps in and closed the door." She slowly put her guitar back in her hands as she finished speaking, starting to play the opening to a little tune to prepare for the inevitable.

Tomb

As soon as the hand slammed into the ground, a small bat slipped from its grasp, fluttering away in panic. But, before the hand could lift itself from the ground, Sam’s wave of energy hit it, causing it to convulse for a second and rear back, a chorus of agonizing screams erupting from the wall, drowning out the cymbals.

And that was before Brigitte’s sword hit.

Once it did, the results were immediate. While the hand didn’t seem otherwise bothered by Sam’s attack, the sword and its holy flames cleaved the hand in two, a new eruption of blood pouring from the two halves as they quickly dissipated, the screams of agony continuing to increase in intensity until it just about filled the entire room.

Then, as soon as the dissipating hand returned to the wall, it stopped, being replaced by a chorus of laughing children.

Marked Door

Soon after the two insulted the demon’s choice of interior decoration, one of the bodies lying on the ground twitched, their arm beginning to move and push the rest of their body off of the ground. However, thanks to the sudden glowing red veins, it was clear that it wasn’t a miracle that someone survived, compounded by the fact that when it got to its feet, bloodied eyes stared back at the group. Nope, it seemed that the demons were making new toys out of corpses.

Groaning, the body bent down to retrieve a weapon, a rusty sword, before beginning to trudge over to the group. At least, at first, all it did was trudge, but as it continued, its stance got more and more straight, as if discarding the stiffness from laying down for who knows how long.

Judging by the rapidly increasing sounds of groans and rattling of chains, it was clear that the rest of the ‘demons’ were beginning to wake up as well, two already beginning to rise from the same pile the first came out of.

Battle Combatants

Spoiler

DVS
(Rank: None)
Rama
Kali

???/??? Bloodcursed

Current Theme:
Thee Oh Sees

Sam let out a sigh “Guess I’ll have to make it sharper next time” slightly disappointed that his energy wave didn’t do much to the hand. He then grimaced slightly at the laughter.

“I can’t be the only one who doesn’t like that, give me the signal and I can try to drown it out.” he said to the group, waiting to play a song with his magic soon as he was given the signal.

DVS raised his eyebrows at the apparent zombies. "Hm, this reminds me of that one guy... Well, I'm not a coroner, but I'll be happy to see you lot in the morgue!" DVS says as he moves a bit further away from the others with him before stretching himself out, cockily.

"Hmph." She took up a pose with both hands over the pommel of her sword, whose point dropped to rest on the stonework in front of her. She focused for a moment, and flame appeared about her much as it had done earlier, but in reverse; motes of light appeared from nothing, that gathered into larger motes and then into streams of fire that swirled harmlessly back into her form. "Go ahead and do what you want. I'm just wondering if we can't just smash this door down. I've got firepower, and it's just annoying enough to warrant." The flames seemed to vanish after a moment, and with that she sheathed her weapon, and instead pulled the larger one from her back, which folded out into a shield and a sort of lance. . . gun. . . thing. 

"Oh great, it looks like they're serving us leftovers, anyone here mind if I call the manager?," she said as she stood her ground, continuing to play her music as she waited for it to make the first move, as she built up magical power and prepared to slide out of the way of whatever it was planning to hit her with.

Izumi follows after DVS cautiously, and is surprised to see some possessed corpses confront them in response to their insults.  "Well, that's new."  She draws her sword and knife, equipping her Modernized Daisho, "I sure hope these things are actually hurt by getting hit."

Tomb

As Brigitte prepared to assault the door once more with her abomination of a weapon, one that only an insane individual could appreciate, Sam began playing his tune to drown out the laughter. While it took a bit, the voices began to die out, replaced by silence except for his magic

Marked Door

As DVS approached, the zombie let out another groan, this one with a bit more ‘life’ to it as it kept walking. Then, with a sudden burst of speed, it rushed forward, dragging its sword across the ground before slashing upwards at the wrestler.

As that happened, several lights began to flare to life, brightening the room further, revealing seven other bodies getting up and dragging themselves towards the group, each with various bloodied weapons. Kali, however, just continues to play her music, building up her magical power.

Battle Combatants

Spoiler

DVS
Rama
Kali
(Rank: D)
Izumi

8/8 Bloodcursed

Current Theme:
Thee Oh Sees

"I'm not hearing any objections." Brigitte moved up to the door, setting herself before it as if she were getting ready to receive a charge. The girl began to glow again, sparks becoming embers becoming flames that swirled about her, tracing spirals through the air before they fed into her weapon. After a moment of this, her expression focused, she pulled the trigger on the handle of the weapon. A loud boom sounded as an explosion, enhanced by her own life force, erupted from the end of the weapon, and slammed directly into the door.

Kali rather loudly noted the positions of the approaching blood cursed as she continued to play her music, starting to move around the field more as she focused on building up her power and not getting hit, funnily enough practically doing nothing to help other than to try and grab the attention of the blood cursed as she yelled out to Rama, "Well don't just stand there, hit someone!."

The advantage you have to being the slower one to engage is that if you opponent telegraph's their next move, it's really obvious what's oncoming. That said, DVS already had his chain wrapped arms ready to help keep the blade away from him as the blood cursed dashed forward. It was about when the zombie with a sword got in range that DVS sidestepped, bringing his arm up to protect his left side in case the blade got too close him while he stepped towards the cursed one. Assuming it didn't move away in time the wrestler's forearm would soon smash into his target's head, taking advantage of the opportunity that the slash had presented.

Tomb

The single explosion that resounded from Brigitte's weapon had an... Interesting effect on the Tomb, causing the interior to shake from the force, spurring the hand to once more burst from the wall in an attempt to snatch Brigitte herself. At least, it would've, had it not come into contact with the projectile of energy and flame from the gunlance. Instantly, the hand seemed to split from the projectile, a horrid screech emitting from the wall for a second until the projectile hit it, causing a mass of ripples to flow through the red surface.

And then, without any warning, the wall simply exploded, splattering blood everywhere, both behind itself and in front, with Brigitte in the splash zone.

Red Wall 'unlocked'.

Marked Door

Rather easily, DVS sidesteps the highly telegraphed attack, before planting a harsh elbow strike to the walking corpse's face, a loud snap seeming to threatin to break off the jaw as the body stumbled to the side, before rather quickly straightening and sending a glare at the human, attempting to slash at his head.

With DVS on the frontlines though, and an active threat, the other Bloodcursed seemed to switch their attention, only two continuing to shamble to the ground, while the rest started to converge with the first. The other two seem focused on Kali's performance, however.

Spoiler

DVS
Rama
Kali
Izumi

8/8 Bloodcursed

Well that looks like an opening!  And when you're fighting for your life, there's no such thing as fighting fair.  Izumi flourishes her sword and knife in a circle, charging them with crackling black energy, and assumes her Fencing Stance.  Then, she attempts to skewer one of the Bloodcursed attempting to swarm DVS while the demon-possessed corpse isn't paying attention to her with an economical, blindingly-fast lunge.

Brigitte ducked behind her shield as the thing exploded into blood. The half-angel let loose another burst of flame, rather indiscriminately, trying to keep the stuff off of her. She wasn't really worried about adverse effects, so much as not wanting to replace her outfit this early in her outing. "Come on, demons have no taste. No curses or anything, you're just gonna ruin my outfit?" After both the blood and flames vanished, she took another moment to gather her own energy again before turning back to look at the rest of the group. "Well, at least the path's clear. Let's go."