Lin and MC connection?

Magus543

Spoiler

Lin does seem to have a strange fixation with us, like in Titania's gym, she goes out of her way to insinuate that she and the MC are working together, and not even in a sort misdirection sort of way, she barely tries to get Titania to kill us. She captured us during the gym and just left us in a tower instead of killing us. She recognized us instantly during the Abra room, and instead of taking the time to kill us, she just leaves and deals with Saphira. BUT, MOST DAMNING OF ALL, during the Agate chase scene, We let her move past us. WHAT? that moment had my brain at first go '' oh it's just a plot convenience, we let Team Meteor admins go all the time " but upon replaying the game the Admins just use some teleportation trick, but in this scenario, the MC lets her walk away. Does Lin know us? Did we know her? is it a bad time to mention Hydreigon is also my signature pokemon? 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Do you mean at the end of the Agate chase where she flies away? I thought that was just because we knew she was strong and dangerous and that at the current moment, it really wasn't worth the resources or effort to try and fight her then.

I don't think Lin takes us to be a serious threat, so she tends to just toy with us. And in turn we tend to accept that as we're not quite at her level yet, so we take any lucky breaks that we can receive until we're prepared to deal with her.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I mean during the chase, we intercept her in a cave, and she talks about how it would take an act of God to create something from nothing, and then leaves with a stone, and we let her pass. I have no idea if that's supposed to be some sort of foreshadowing or just cutscene incompetence. Also, we just beat Solaris one on one, and faced down threats that are way above our level like a Mewtwo and Arceus Ditto. So not even attempting to battle her because of her overwhelming power is kind of out of character. I'm thinking it's either she doesn't take us seriously, and making her an idiot, despite wrecking her operations repeatedly, or she wants us to suffer more, she has some bizarre fondness for us or maybe she's using us as a pawn. Or we could be playing as a manchurian agent. Who's to say PULSE Hypno didn't leave any after-effects. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

I mean, if anyone told me about how creating thing from thin air is an act of God, then creates a Mystic presumed-lost Stone for the plot, all this underwater and with no indication she would be breathing (unlike the MC, who is implied to have something along with the HM Dive), well, I would let her pass given she will do it either way.

Spoiler

About the underwater Agate scene, I don't think the player character purposely let Lin pass. To me it looked like Lin moved the PC aside, with, like, telekinesis or something, because she made a little hand gesture and the PC sprite slid to the left without changing direction. I've re-watched that scene a couple times and that's how it looks to me. 

6 hours ago, Tamurlin said:
  Hide contents

About the underwater Agate scene, I don't think the player character purposely let Lin pass. To me it looked like Lin moved the PC aside, with, like, telekinesis or something, because she made a little hand gesture and the PC sprite slid to the left without changing direction. I've re-watched that scene a couple times and that's how it looks to me. 

Spoiler

Hmmm, or alternatively we ducked to avoid getting hit by the pillar? If she can telekinetically move us, she could force choke us or something. i've checked that scene again, and yep it does look like we got shoved off, it's even possible we were shoved physically.  Still, i wonder why Lin went out of her way to ensure one of the keys stayed in our hands and give off the impression we were working together? It can't be just a mind game to mess with Titania, otherwise Lin would try harder. I'm guessing unwitting pawn? would really suck if we actually are besties.

Spoiler

Yeah but in game Ame is not as competent as RL Ame. pix~  plus we've fought tons of dangerous things like Ditto Arceus, a giant Steelix, Solaris, Mewtwo, ETC, so why not even attempt to fight Lin besides the fact it's not ep 19 yet? pixpix? i was thinking, maybe it would be like Solaris at the volcano, where we get a preview of Lin's team and they are all lvl 100. pix~ but i guess Ame wanted to keep it a secret till ep 19. pix~

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

heyho magnus, good question!

I can only guess at this point, but there is definitely a point to be made about Lin not being a human. In shades gym we watch a foreshadowing of Lin exploding...

titania stabbed her right through the body!..

One could argue that maybe Lin ASWELL as the MC are either robots, or both of them are sort of shapeshifted holy Pokemon. And who knows, both characters could be made by some sort of godlike entity, since our MC and Lin both do not seem to have any kind of childhood backstory (well except the mentioning of Dr. Connell at the Tanzan Meteor base about seeming to know Lin from the past).

Edited by Conkeldurp
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Lin has some sort of connection with Arceus, as she says in the cave, it would take an act of God to create something from nothing, then she creates some sort of pillar? You know it's interesting to note, her main pokemon is a Hydreigon, a multi headed Dragon, in revelations, The Devil took the form of a 7 headed Dragon during the battle in heaven. HMMMMMMMMM. Regardless, while we didn't let her go in the underwater cave, i really get the vibe, Lin has some sort of fixation on us, like Joker with Batman, again with the attempt at convincing Titania we are working together, and not killing us repeatedly. I'm honestly curious what she thinks of us, though she really does enjoy our pain.

Edited by Magus543