EV training

So unless i dont actuslly understand EV training like i thought i did but by my understanding you're supposed to gain 1 point for every 4 EV points. But i just did like 12 battles in the speed roon and my zoroark only got 2 points in speed. Can someone explain this for me please 

• Veterans
Just now, darkwaters33 said:

So unless i dont actuslly understand EV training like i thought i did but by my understanding you're supposed to gain 1 point for every 4 EV points. But i just did like 12 battles in the speed roon and my zoroark only got 2 points in speed. Can someone explain this for me please 

That's based on level 100, effect of EVs on stats increases as you tend towards that level, earlier on they have less effects on your stats.

25 minutes ago, not Azery said:

That's based on level 100, effect of EVs on stats increases as you tend towards that level, earlier on they have less effects on your stats.

so am i wasting my time ev training my level 30 zoroark right now or will it balance out by the time its level 100

No the same happened to me. have you done the orphanage quest yet? if so then buy ev-decreasing berries of the type of stat you want to upgrade and trust me It will show up. Its a bug I think, I keep speed ev training my lycanroc only for it to not work even at max but when I fed it a berry that decreases speed, the training showed. same with attack that I was also training it for. In preparation for Angie.