So I'm so pissed at fucking Neved with his overleveled pokemon is kicking my ass right now. (I am at where you fight alongside Aelita vs Neved in Blacksteeple Castle.) I get that Jan (or whoever setup this battle on dev team) balanced it to make him this strong because he's using less mons, but really Aelita is hit or miss with her underleveled mons that almost always get 1 shotted by everything, so really she isn't all that helpful.  And I fully EV trained plenty of mons yet all of them seem seriously underpowered compared to his team.  I've gotten him down to his Barbaracle (last mon) a few times, but by that time it's just me (Aelita's mons are all dead) and I get whatever mons I have left deleted by that fucking thing.  The whole thing feels ridiculously controlled by luck.  A stray high roll on damage or crit for Neved can easily fuck me over...and it's time to reset and DAMMIT I HAVE TO FIX IT BACK TO FULL SCREEN EVERY FUCKING TIME BECAUSE THAT RESETS TO SMALL SCREEN WHEN I DO THAT FOR WHATEVER REASON. *sigh of annoyance and exasperation*

I didn't want to have to do this, but I've come to the internet for help.  So please, I would really appreciate if anyone would be willing to help me figure out a way to get past this practically cheating fuck.  Maybe I'm trying to beat him from the wrong angle, or maybe I am using bad mons, or maybe I just suck I don't know.  But I've got this far without help so I'd like to believe I have some idea of what I'm doing.  I am on the Reborn (Normal) Difficulty BTW, not Easy or Intense.

If I remember correctly, most of his team is made of Ice Types- this means that most, if not all, of his pokemon have a significant number of weaknesses. Rock (that aren't also part ground), Steel, and Fire Types should prove to be helpful here here as a result, so I'd recommend slipping a couple of those onto the team for the fight if you have them. If you're worried about them being too low in levels, there is a patch of tall grass in the area with snover and abomasnow in it, which should allow you to test you current fire power with them as well.

Don't worry too much about Aelita- most attacks that she takes are attacks you don't have to worry about, and every hit she manages to land is a bit of extra chip damage, so she's got some utility in the grand scheme of things.

Neved isn't all that unfair, R.I.P.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J-Dawg said:

So I'm so pissed at fucking Neved with his overleveled pokemon is kicking my ass right now. (I am at where you fight alongside Aelita vs Neved in Blacksteeple Castle.) I get that Jan (or whoever setup this battle on dev team) balanced it to make him this strong because he's using less mons, but really Aelita is hit or miss with her underleveled mons that almost always get 1 shotted by everything, so really she isn't all that helpful.  And I fully EV trained plenty of mons yet all of them seem seriously underpowered compared to his team.  I've gotten him down to his Barbaracle (last mon) a few times, but by that time it's just me (Aelita's mons are all dead) and I get whatever mons I have left deleted by that fucking thing.  The whole thing feels ridiculously controlled by luck.  A stray high roll on damage or crit for Neved can easily fuck me over...and it's time to reset and DAMMIT I HAVE TO FIX IT BACK TO FULL SCREEN EVERY FUCKING TIME BECAUSE THAT RESETS TO SMALL SCREEN WHEN I DO THAT FOR WHATEVER REASON. *sigh of annoyance and exasperation*

I didn't want to have to do this, but I've come to the internet for help.  So please, I would really appreciate if anyone would be willing to help me figure out a way to get past this practically cheating fuck.  Maybe I'm trying to beat him from the wrong angle, or maybe I am using bad mons, or maybe I just suck I don't know.  But I've got this far without help so I'd like to believe I have some idea of what I'm doing.  I am on the Reborn (Normal) Difficulty BTW, not Easy or Intense.

Lycanroc was my best friend with accelrock. Still expect to use some potions and revives here 

Really? I thought it was really easy. even managed to steal items from him. Lycanroc dusk and midnight  is my A-team with pansage focus sash(which I stole from medilis) did him in. afterwards I have talon flame with quick guard as back up to deal with madam x and stall decimation  and and an underleveled sturdy carbink to stall out struggle. I also bought tones of super potions.

• Hmm 1

His team is Tentacruel, Crabominable, Froslass, Manectric, Vikavolt, and Barbaracle just to help as point of reference.

So from reading what you've both said so far, I'm stuck because of a couple of reasons.  My only Fire type is Talonflame, who gets deleted by his 2 Electric Types (Vikavolt and Manectric) and Froslass with thunderbolt coverage move, and other than that I got Fire Fang on my Mightyena.  My only Rock Type is Carbink, who in case you can't tell isn't really an offensive mon and also gets melted by Neved's Water coverage moves and Barbaracle.  I don't have any Steel Type Pokemon, and the best I got is I can Rare Candy my Golett to Lv. 43 for a Golurk so it can use Heavy Slam...except I already tried that and my Golurk gets 1 shotted by all the Ice and Water moves on Neved's team.  So yeah, makes sense why I'm struggling now.

The mons I EV trained and have at my disposal at Lv. 40 are: Greninja, Mightyena, Luxray, Sawk, Talonflame, Swoobat, Chimecho, Shiftry, Claydol, and Carbink. (Golett can be evolved into Golurk but I don't want to have to but will if required but probably not worth it.)

I have a Boldore and Onix that might be useful if I could actually evolve them into Gigalith and Steelix, but of course I can't get a Link Heart yet.

The big problem here is that I can't leave the castle to catch any mons, I can only catch the few pokemon on the island. (Blacksteeple Pokemon are Tangela, Teddiursa, Ursarang, Swinub, Mightyena, and Abomasnow.)  Other than that, I would have to train one of the weak mons I have in my PC that I caught but aren't in those I mentioned above.  I got a Geodude, which again I'd need a Link Heart to make into a Golem.  I got a Klink, which I can only get to become a Klang, not Klinklang because level cap.  I got a Houndour, which holy shit I can actually get to become a Houndoom and not have an obstacle that prevents me from doing that!  Other than that I have a Solrock, Slugma, and a Nosepass.  I listed the Fire, Rock, and Steel types I have to spare.  I still have some other pokemon if you want me to list them.  Whatever it takes, I'll do it.  I just wanna beat this dude man.  Neved has to pay for what he did to my girl, Aelita!

I said earlier that I'm on the Normal Default Reborn difficulty.  Anyone that can have Water coverage on his team has it, so all his Ice types basically.  Tentacruel has Scald and Dazzling Gleam.  Crabominable has Ice Punch and Crabhammer.  Froslass has thunderbolt.  Obviously his Ice types have Ice moves.  Manectric has thunder I believe or whatever ridiculously powerful electric move, as well as his Hidden Power that is a coverage Hidden Power but I can't exactly tell what type.  Vikavolt has thunderbolt and Bug Buzz.  Barbaracle has X-Scissor and Razor Shell, and probably a rock move that I don't think I've seen.  I would love to tell you all the moves they have but they usually only use 1 or 2 moves each since that's all they really need to clean through Aelita and me.

Edited by J-Dawg

Yeah, the A.I. Really can work against ya sometimes.  But it does help to have her there to get at least a couple hits in.

Funny thing is though, he's not even the worst.

.....That comes next...

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ulti said:

Yeah, the A.I. Really can work against ya sometimes.  But it does help to have her there to get at least a couple hits in.

Funny thing is though, he's not even the worst.

.....That comes next...

WHAT!?  NO! *cries* You're not helping dude.

*breaks down, but recomposes self after a few*

I need to get back at this dude for hurting Aelita, I'll deal with whatever hell comes after that when it comes to it.  Can you help a bro out pls?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-Dawg said:

WHAT!?  NO! *cries* You're not helping dude.

*breaks down, but recomposes self after a few*

I need to get back at this dude for hurting Aelita, I'll deal with whatever hell comes after that when it comes to it.  Can you help a bro out pls?

No problem. Don't worry about it though. Neved can be dealt with. 

Now, do you want the spoiler or non spoiler answer?

4 minutes ago, Ulti said:

No problem. Don't worry about it though. Neved can be dealt with. 

Now, do you want the spoiler or non spoiler answer?

I don't think giving them the spoilery answer is all that beneficial- it's something best seen for oneself, I feel.

Spoiler

I, for one, failed that battle before it got buffed, and Neved was practically a breeze for my team at the time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I don't think giving them the spoilery answer is all that beneficial- it's something best seen for oneself, I feel.

Hide contents

I, for one, failed that battle before it got buffed, and Neved was practically a breeze for my team at the time.

Fair enough. Though i was going to elaborate on what came after that 

So I finally took another shot at it last night. pix~  I did it on my first try and laughed at the irony because it totally felt like I was fighting a different character. pix~  It helps that Aelita was actually getting shit done, but just everything seemed to go my way. pix~  I brought in Swoobat first to help take out his Tentacruel and Crabominable, and both Swoobat and Blaziken (Aelita's) survived 1 hit so naturally we finished them on the next turn. pix~  Next of course Froslass came out, to which fortunately Aelita's Hawlucha got a Knock Off on it and I used my Greninja to take the rest of its HP with 2 Shadow Sneaks. pix~  After that it's a bit hazy as A LOT happens after you beat Neved and it's taking priority in my brain. pix~ (See end of this comment) Anyway I believe I took out my Chimecho to put Manectric to sleep (yes I still have Yawn on my Chimecho until I can get rid of it for Healing Wish). pix~  Vikavolt also came out so following Yawn and trying to do any more damage with Chimecho, Vikavolt eats through my defensively invested Chimecho with Bug Buzz. pix~  I can't remember what Aelita is doing at this point but I just remember she felt more useful than she's ever been throughout this whole fight. pix~  I send out Claydol after Chimecho to Earth Power Manectric into the ground. pix~  I believe Claydol also gets eaten by Bug Buzz though. pix~  Barbaracle finally comes out and I've gotta pick between Talonflame and Sawk. pix~  I go with Sawk and Retaliate (for the double damage) on Barbaracle and do almost no damage to a Rock type (good job me) and of course I realize the dumb thing I just did and worry I might actually lose. pix~  But no I believe here Aelita's mon that was out takes out Vikavolt and so one Brick Break on Barbaracle and whatever else and we've cleaned up Neved's team quite nicely. pix~  I can't quite tell if it was just luck or that me going on here to ask for help was truly worth it, but thank you all for reading my shit and responding to me. pix~  You may have actually helped me even if it doesn't fully feel like it. pix~

As to what I think about after Neved:

Haha Madame X with her Lv. pix~ 100 Yveltal, yeah nice MEME Jan thanks. pix~  Oh boy just like with Shadow Mewtwo I can't wait to watch as all of my pokemon get one shot by a heavily level-based system. pix~  Also hi thanks Nim for showing up now of all times just to prevent us from hitting the ground hard. pix~  No, you are NOT my best friend, but actually continue to be helpful instead of an annoying talking warning sign, and I might consider it. pix~  Also R. pix~I. pix~P. pix~ Mom. pix~ *breaks down* Also Aelita needs her ponytail back. pix~  Also WTF Melia! pixpixpix~!? pixpix?  I thought we were supposed to be besties! pixpixpix~!! pixpixpix~!! pixpixpix~!! pixpixpix~!  I thought you were dead! pixpixpix~!! pixpixpix~!! pixpixpix~!! pixpixpix~! (Just like my Mom, but now she's dead FOR REALS this time, and maybe a doll and not my real Mom all this time? pixpix?? pixpix?? pixpix?? pixpix?)

Edited by J-Dawg
  • Like 1

I fucked up the last comment I made because I tried to Justify it WTF oh well I tried to fix it but just fucked it up again and I don't think anyone cares anymore anyway. pix~

On 3/29/2019 at 2:32 PM, J-Dawg said:

So I finally took another shot at it last night. pix~  I did it on my first try and laughed at the irony because it totally felt like I was fighting a different character. pix~  It helps that Aelita was actually getting shit done, but just everything seemed to go my way. pix~  I brought in Swoobat first to help take out his Tentacruel and Crabominable, and both Swoobat and Blaziken (Aelita's) survived 1 hit so naturally we finished them on the next turn. pix~  Next of course Froslass came out, to which fortunately Aelita's Hawlucha got a Knock Off on it and I used my Greninja to take the rest of its HP with 2 Shadow Sneaks. pix~  After that it's a bit hazy as A LOT happens after you beat Neved and it's taking priority in my brain. pix~ (See end of this comment) Anyway I believe I took out my Chimecho to put Manectric to sleep (yes I still have Yawn on my Chimecho until I can get rid of it for Healing Wish). pix~  Vikavolt also came out so following Yawn and trying to do any more damage with Chimecho, Vikavolt eats through my defensively invested Chimecho with Bug Buzz. pix~  I can't remember what Aelita is doing at this point but I just remember she felt more useful than she's ever been throughout this whole fight. pix~  I send out Claydol after Chimecho to Earth Power Manectric into the ground. pix~  I believe Claydol also gets eaten by Bug Buzz though. pix~  Barbaracle finally comes out and I've gotta pick between Talonflame and Sawk. pix~  I go with Sawk and Retaliate (for the double damage) on Barbaracle and do almost no damage to a Rock type (good job me) and of course I realize the dumb thing I just did and worry I might actually lose. pix~  But no I believe here Aelita's mon that was out takes out Vikavolt and so one Brick Break on Barbaracle and whatever else and we've cleaned up Neved's team quite nicely. pix~  I can't quite tell if it was just luck or that me going on here to ask for help was truly worth it, but thank you all for reading my shit and responding to me. pix~  You may have actually helped me even if it doesn't fully feel like it. pix~

As to what I think about after Neved:

Haha Madame X with her Lv. pix~ 100 Yveltal, yeah nice MEME Jan thanks. pix~  Oh boy just like with Shadow Mewtwo I can't wait to watch as all of my pokemon get one shot by a heavily level-based system. pix~  Also hi thanks Nim for showing up now of all times just to prevent us from hitting the ground hard. pix~  No, you are NOT my best friend, but actually continue to be helpful instead of an annoying talking warning sign, and I might consider it. pix~  Also R. pix~I. pix~P. pix~ Mom. pix~ *breaks down* Also Aelita needs her ponytail back. pix~  Also WTF Melia! pixpixpix~!? pixpix?  I thought we were supposed to be besties! pixpixpix~!! pixpixpix~!! pixpixpix~!! pixpixpix~!  I thought you were dead! pixpixpix~!! pixpixpix~!! pixpixpix~!! pixpixpix~! (Just like my Mom, but now she's dead FOR REALS this time, and maybe a doll and not my real Mom all this time? pixpix?? pixpix?? pixpix?? pixpix?)

Firstly, i know it's possible that she wasn't my real mom, but it still hurts to see that happen. I have no idea what kind of vendetta Madame X supposedly has with us, but you can bet she's going to pay!

Secondly, believe it or not, people have come up with ways to cheese the fight. Though it takes alot of preparation before hand.

3 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Not a lot, just get a 1 level sturdy pokemon and like 15 potions. Still kinda funny how level 100 Yveltal gets rect by a level 1 Geodude. 

...After Devastation is out of PP. That move explicitly ignores Sturdy, so said Lv. 1 geodude is just dead if thrown out before she's forced to use Struggle.

• Like 1

Yeah, but if you have searched for items you have enough revives and if you are catching anything at all you 100% have something with Protect/Detect, what i mean is the amount of actual preparation specifically for this fight is fairly miniscule.