Blake+Fern+Solaris battles

MuchoG

Sorry for posting a lot lately but I find myself needind help a lot and this is the best place for it.

So the Meteor grunts, Blake+Fern and Solaris battles are a doozy, my problem with it is not the fact that they are in a row because you get your team healed, but the fact that their teams are so diverse that its very hard to have a perfect team for this, especially a pokemon to lead all 3 battles.

Right now I have Blaziken, Aggron, Walrein, Mamoswine, Alakazam and Ampharos all between 71 and 73.

Notable pokemon I have in the PC: Swirlix, Electrike, Numel, Happiny, Trubbish, Skuntank, Pidgeot, Spritzee, Growlithe, Klink, Nidorina, Grumpig, Nuzleaf, Galvantula, Phanpy, Smoochum, Sharpedo, Squirtle, Misdreavus, Honchkrow, Claydol, Croagunk, Budew, Snubull, Lycanroc, Houndour, Roggenrola, Makuhita, Cyndaquil, Piplup, Solosis, Rotom, Fennekin and Scraggy (a lot I know).

Is there anyone on my team I should take out? If there is, what pokemon from the PC should I use? I'm willing to train multiple multiple pokemon to the proper level. The furthest I've got was to the middle of the battle with Solaris and even that took a lot of luck against Blake and Fern.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, this one can be a trial. And this ain't even the worst yet! Lol .

But anyway, a common strategy is to focus down on the weaker half of the pair. That way,  It's basically a 2V1for whomever remains. 

Personally i always struggled with Solaris' Electross. Either aim for Solaris or the aid giving him support first.

As for Blake and fern, definitely go for fern first. Might also want to try entry hazards for a little extra chip damage. 

11 minutes ago, Ulti said:

Yeah, this one can be a trial. And this ain't even the worst yet! Lol .

But anyway, a common strategy is to focus down on the weaker half of the pair. That way,  It's basically a 2V1for whomever remains. 

Personally i always struggled with Solaris' Electross. Either aim for Solaris or the aid giving him support first.

As for Blake and fern, definitely go for fern first. Might also want to try entry hazards for a little extra chip damage. 

Yeah I definitely thought of that, the problem is that you have no control over what your partner does, especially against Fern+Blake, Blake leads with a Walrein and Florinia's grass pokemon are bound to knock him out sooner or later, but I'm gonna try that out against Solaris. Do you think my team is fine or should I make some changes? Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

Not much to say. You're team seems relatively solid. Ya know, save for three of your slots being weak to Earthquake. Which Solaris is an avid fan of. 

If possible,  Definitely add a mon who can set up Stealth rocks (Possibly Lycanrock)  He has a tendency to swap out Staraptor now and again.  And to my knowledge,  neither he or the aid he partners with has a method of getting rid of 'em. 

Also what's the setup of that honchcrow?

6 minutes ago, Ulti said:

Not much to say. You're team seems relatively solid. Ya know, save for three of your slots being weak to Earthquake. Which Solaris is an avid fan of. 

If possible,  Definitely add a mon who can set up Stealth rocks (Possibly Lycanrock)  He has a tendency to swap out Staraptor now and again.  And to my knowledge,  neither he or the aid he partners with has a method of getting rid of 'em. 

Also what's the setup of that honchcrow?

Maybe the Lycanroc, the Alakazam hasn't been that useful, Stealth Rocks are always nice to have.

The Honchkrow has Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Wing Attack and Taunt with Moxie. I have a lot of Heart Scales and an Ability Capsule.

Nice. Probably replace Alakazam and Aggron with lycanrock and honchcrow.

Stab sucker punch=Bad time for Fern's Decidueye. 

And make sure to bring plenty of Cotton Candies. Even with the right team set, it never hurts to have these on hand.

Yet i'll never know why these are so much more expensive as opposed to regular revives. 

4 hours ago, Ulti said:

Nice. Probably replace Alakazam and Aggron with lycanrock and honchcrow.

Stab sucker punch=Bad time for Fern's Decidueye. 

And make sure to bring plenty of Cotton Candies. Even with the right team set, it never hurts to have these on hand.

Yet i'll never know why these are so much more expensive as opposed to regular revives. 

Are you really sure about Honchkrow? It's slow and frail... It's level 67 and I can't even train him in the clown of Agate Circus against same level pokemon because it keeps getting outspeed and one shot even by non STAB moves...

• Like 1

Firstly,  ouch. That bites about honchcrow. Yeah, the random roulette doesn't really help much with training after the circus. 

And there should be a clown that sells them there.  You might have to do a bit of searching for him though. 

Galvantula might be a good option to replace honchcrow

10 hours ago, Ulti said:

Firstly,  ouch. That bites about honchcrow. Yeah, the random roulette doesn't really help much with training after the circus. 

And there should be a clown that sells them there.  You might have to do a bit of searching for him though. 

Galvantula might be a good option to replace honchcrow

Sorry if you like Honchkrow... I actually love his design and concept but don't understand GameFreak's idea when they made him, at least make him fast so that he can be a sweeper. Slow+frail does not equal a very good Pokémon.

I found the Cotton Candy clown, a problem I had was that I needed a specific member of my team against a lot of Blake, Fern and Solaris' Pokémon but couldn't use them because they were already knocked out, revives are a saviour in this game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MuchoG said:

Sorry if you like Honchkrow... I actually love his design and concept but don't understand GameFreak's idea when they made him, at least make him fast so that he can be a sweeper. Slow+frail does not equal a very good Pokémon.

I found the Cotton Candy clown, a problem I had was that I needed a specific member of my team against a lot of Blake, Fern and Solaris' Pokémon but couldn't use them because they were already knocked out, revives are a saviour in this game.

It's fine. I only suggested him because moxie+sucker punch was considered extremely powerful. Not very useful in doubles situations tho. 

And yes, Revives are extremely essential to surviving a game like this.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this fight sums pretty much how bad at balancing the dev is. Yea, its doable if you go meta, use cheap mechanics or do potion spam (doable, but still pretty hard). But it's, ONCE AGAIN, a fight that says "fuck your choices, you play by my stupid rules". Even with a balanced pokemon team, you are gonna have very bad times in these type of fights. The devs of the pokemon already said it: double battles are hard to balance. Ame just treats them as if you were doing 1 vs 1, so normally they are just cheap and unnecesary hard, cause it really seems she didn't test the double fights. Flobots team is USELESS against all the 2 enemies you face with her, same as julias. All their poks just get one shotted, specially Julia's, while doing shitty dmg when they can hit. It really seems like if the enemy pokemons have perfect EVs while your allies ones have been trained by monkeys. Tbh, having to farm for hours to level up pokemons I never intended to use just because some fights aren't balanced at all is just lazy and bad. It brings absolutely no joy or provides any fun. Sometimes it seems as if Ame just wanted to make the game as hard as she can to brag about how hard her game is. Sometimes it works, and I had fun agaisnt leaders where i wiped a lot. But in fights like this one, or the one agaisnt Charlotte, sorry no. You win either by having good luck (and praying theres not much hax), by doing perfect meta play (which isn't fun, it's not a test, it's a game. I already work 8 hours per day to get told what I must do and how :D, I already have 10 trained pokemon, I'm not gonna waste more hours training more jsut because some parts are totally unbalanced) or by spamming pots. And I know that in the end I'll do it, it's the 4th time I "finish" the game, as most of the times between new chapters I end up loosing the files 😛 so I have to start all over. Doesn't mean I feel satisfaction after finishing certain fights. 

I never had much trouble with the fight. My team at the time was:  Infernape, Luxray, Gardevoir, Flygon, Leavanny, and  Mamoswine. 

I would say focus down Fern's team first as he will try to sweep you right away, and it is more frail than Blake's at the start anyway. Fern is the easiest to take out, as Walrein only has Surf and Blizzard. Depending on who your partner is this strat will work easy. Julia will probably KO Walrein, Florina might lose her Cradily to it. Whatever keeps them off your mon you're using to whoop Fern. I think I used my Mamoswine (Adamant Nature) and he Managed to slaughter most of Fern's team with Ice Shard and Icicle Crash. I think I had to pop an X. Special Defense t one point, but Mamoswine can wipe the floor with Fern's team. And Blaziken alone should be strong enough to sweep everything on Blake's side except for maybe Starmie? Assuming he has Thunder Punch/Speed Boost anyway.

As for Solaris, I had Julia helping me out for this one. Although Flo probably is better against this one, I made it work. Biggest threat on Solaris' team is his Garchomp, so save an Ice Shard from Mamoswine for him. But a lot of Solaris' team is weak to Ice or fighting, which you have two good pokemon in those coverages. Blaziken can take out Scizor easily enough with a Stab Boosted fire punch or some such. I think this is one of the fights where Infernape outshines Blaziken, as Iron Fist provides that little extra bit of power. Stealth Rocks is also very good here to tack on a bit of damage against most of Solaris' team, which 2 are even weak too. Toxic Spikes could also be a good investment. Going out and finding something Prankster to set up screens is also a sound option, as it will allow Julia/Flo to stick around longer and give your mons a chance to set up as it will be very hard to OHKO them at this point.

• 2 months later...

So im a bit late to this discussion but ive just made it to this battle and have quick saved in between the solaris fight and the blake fight and some of my pokemon are lvl 76 which isnt ideal and as well as that literaally my pokemon only countered blake and fern however florinias team is very bad and doesnt help much agaisnt solaris and the orderly. Tbh im just completely stuck.

On 4/18/2019 at 8:47 PM, Linark said:

Well, this fight sums pretty much how bad at balancing the dev is. Yea, its doable if you go meta, use cheap mechanics or do potion spam (doable, but still pretty hard). But it's, ONCE AGAIN, a fight that says "fuck your choices, you play by my stupid rules". Even with a balanced pokemon team, you are gonna have very bad times in these type of fights. The devs of the pokemon already said it: double battles are hard to balance. Ame just treats them as if you were doing 1 vs 1, so normally they are just cheap and unnecesary hard, cause it really seems she didn't test the double fights. Flobots team is USELESS against all the 2 enemies you face with her, same as julias. All their poks just get one shotted, specially Julia's, while doing shitty dmg when they can hit. It really seems like if the enemy pokemons have perfect EVs while your allies ones have been trained by monkeys. Tbh, having to farm for hours to level up pokemons I never intended to use just because some fights aren't balanced at all is just lazy and bad. It brings absolutely no joy or provides any fun. Sometimes it seems as if Ame just wanted to make the game as hard as she can to brag about how hard her game is. Sometimes it works, and I had fun agaisnt leaders where i wiped a lot. But in fights like this one, or the one agaisnt Charlotte, sorry no. You win either by having good luck (and praying theres not much hax), by doing perfect meta play (which isn't fun, it's not a test, it's a game. I already work 8 hours per day to get told what I must do and how :D, I already have 10 trained pokemon, I'm not gonna waste more hours training more jsut because some parts are totally unbalanced) or by spamming pots. And I know that in the end I'll do it, it's the 4th time I "finish" the game, as most of the times between new chapters I end up loosing the files 😛 so I have to start all over. Doesn't mean I feel satisfaction after finishing certain fights. 

Man, what's this? The whole point of Reborn is to gbring a deep and well-elaborated story plus challenges throughout the gameplay. Gamefreak/Nintendo produces easy pokemon games since ever. They are nice to play and all, but you can easily just beat everything using only your starter. Reborn demands you to think your team and movesets, even if you are not 'doing perfect met play'. Reborn gives so many options to build your team, that I didn't mind farming pokemon up. Also we have online play and a lot of players willing to trade well trained mons, just ask :P. I've beaten reborn (so far) with two well trained teams of 6 mons, didn't need to use anything else. I did put a lot of effort to get them, yes, but it was worth for me. I hope you enjoy Reborn more ^^

@MuchoG I favor more tend to favor more fast mons so I would advise you to take out Walrein and Ampharos. They don't fit my play style, that's all. Aggron would stay if you want some tank/setter with Stealth Rock, I'd take him out too. Alakazam is hard to use in Reborn so far becaus we don't have access to its best moves yet (Shadow Ball and Energy Ball) so you would end up having only Psychic moves, and in a long fight like that, variety is a need.

I'd give movesets for every one but damn I'm lazy today. So I'll just tell the team I'd use based on your mons: Blaziken, Lycanroc, Galvantula, Sharpedo, Roserade, Jynx. This team doesn't repeat types so you'll have 12 STAB options. The problem is: to have the variety I said, you'd need to have them bred to have all the good moves. Other good options would be: Skuntank, Misdreavus, Honchkrow, Croagunk and Houndour.

If you want, I have all of them well-bred and ready to trade. See ya~