Fire Emblem On The Forums: Excalibur Glacius [IC]

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

Rossane_2.0.png

"It's admirable yes, but frightening. Either way we cannot forget why we are here. They have invaded our lands, and could have seriously hurt our people. None of you should feel any guilt; we are protecting what we hold dear."

As she pokes the archer, his head turned to the side and from his mouth rolled out a small vial filled with a strawberry colored liquid. Indeed, those weren't the only ones with the poison.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cLXDy87.png

"I would think... we should not hate them, yet we should be resolute. They are but soldiers, after all, and simply doing what is their own duty, but they are, as the Queen says, here to invade Tameloc. So we do ours. I find it likely that even the invaders themselves would expect no different from us."

Blodeuyn_t.png

Blodeuyn bent down and very carefully picked up the vial with a small cloth from one her pouches. "Lady Rosanne it looks like even all the ones we killed have a vial of poison in there mouth. We should probably get it from them so that anyone with a bit of malicious intent doesn't get of hold of it....." she paused a moment "We should probably burn the bodies of the ones that killed themselves too. It wouldn't be good for any animal that decided to eat them." She said as she carefully wrapped the vial up and put it in her pouch and headed over to the next body to get the vial from it as well if it was still intact.

Mercia looks slightly aghast at Blodeuyn casually poking one of the corpses with a stick and averts her eyes once liquid started pouring out of their mouths, though she listens rather carefully to Rosanne as she spoke, trying to nod a little.

C3uYG0g.png

"Y... yes, you're all correct. Please forgive me, Lady Rosanne, and everyone... I'm not used to bloodshed, I have fighting skills just from life experience, but seeing all of this is rather alarming to me for my first time... I'll gladly fight, it's just... I need to get used to it. I'm sorry."

Mercia lets out a little sigh, before trying to distance herself a little bit and not make eye contact; she sounded pathetic right now and wished she could take back everything she said in the past minute.

Candide's mouth curled into a decided frown at Blodeuyn's suggestion.

rn4gRGF.png

"Burning the bodies? That would be a grave disrespect to the dead. I hope that you are not in the habit of thinking of those you face on the battlefield as less important than animals. They are foreigners and dead to a man, so we obviously cannot send the bodies back... but it would be far from impossible to bury them in graves or, though absolutely not ideal, a mass grave at the least."

Blodeuyn_t.png

"No, I only said that we should burn the ones who killed themselves with poison and probably any of them that is shattered in the fight as well. It would be bad if it got out in anyway before we know anything about it. Given that is can kill an adult human in an instant and burying them won't stop animals from digging them up after we leave." Blodeuyn said as stopping on her walk to the next body and started nervously fiddling with her hair. The look Candide gave her reminded her of when she made her Master mad. "I'm just trying to be careful...poisons can be very troublesome if your not careful." she continued fidgeting with her hair as she did.  

Now trying to look at the bodies once Blodeuyn sounded as if she finished, Mercia gave a little nod and moved closer to Blodeuyn; poor girl looked nervous and Mercia felt badly seeing her so nervous, especially after her own pressures. Trying to give a little bit of a comforting aura, she spoke, though still a little too aghast to make proper eye contact with Candide... though it probably didn't matter... Mercia wanted to slap herself for thinking that.

ijtFlXV.png

"Blodeuyn has a point... I care about the local fauna as well and it could easily be harvested by the wrong hands. I don't think there's anything wrong with a burial by cremation... but perhaps we can bury their ashes alongside the other buried troops as a sign of good gesture that we mean well? There's no reason for us to argue... we all want what's best for this nation, and the wildlife are equally as important. But at the same time, you are right, Sir Candide; we should still respect the fallen warriors on the battlefield." 

Neve had been a bit quiet in the aftermath of the battle, looking over the dead and seeing if their equipment was any different than the sorts of things seen in Tameloc. She wouldn't take any of course - due to the dead - but apart from aesthetic differences, it looked like in terms of efficacy the invading armies had no better stuff than they did. That was reassuring. She idly wondered how her horse was doing. He'd been down sick when they left, and she hadn't had the same kind of trust for another to keep steady while she was shooting. 

mpREK4E.png

"We can't forget our due to the dead, enemies or not." she commented. "Without knowing their customs, it's all we can do to treat them well by ours. Anyone have a shovel, or should I go back to the supplies?"

Rossane_2.0.png

Rosanne listened to their advice and considered it for a few moments. "We'll do as Mercia suggests." She finally answers. "We will burn the bodies of the poisoned, gather the rest of the vials and then bury the ashes and the bodies in one grave. We'll ride out for supplies, and work at it all day. And tomorrow we'll travel to Swampmill and search for Lancelot the Black. Let's get to work." 

The Story Continues in Fire Emblem On The Forums: Excalibur Arena

• 1 month later...

And the story continues from here

11th of Second Heat

The ride back to the capital was long and silent. They had essentially been defeated, even if they were so close to victory. Rosanne especially only gave short and somewhat cold answers to whatever she was asked. Which didn't make her the best of traveling companions in the two days travel. After returning on the 10th, they didn't hear from Rosanne until the following day. 

Rossane_2.0.png

Rosanne summoned them to the chamber of the round table once more. This time, she was the one waiting for them. Once they had all arrived, she bowed her head to them all. Her eyes were closed shut, and her face was solemn. 

"I apologise, to all of you. I asked you all to fight for me, and you held up that promise. You risked your lives for this country, but when it came my turn to land the finishing blow I failed." As she spoke, Rosanne slowly lifted her head. Now her eyes quivered in determination. "But I learn from my mistakes, I will not let a second chance like that slip by again. We will end the war at our next chance. This I swear by."

She exhaled, and immediately her posture and expression grew calmer. As if a thousand weights had been lifted off her shoulders. "I already have made plans for our next move, but before we discuss that I'd like your counsel. What do you make of the Black Knight's threat? What motives does he have, for not wanting us to strike down the usurper's retainers? Or for Nicolos himself to keep all of you alive?"

Mercia had been... quite upset since the mission. Not only was Rosanne upset, but that mission was just... a complete and utter waste of time. They spend that time looking for Lancelot, she isn't able to do a damn thing to help out minus provide moral support, and it turns out that while Lancelot may have good intentions, he's nothing more than a huge bully. Mercia wished she could have shown him who was boss, but her magic wasn't good enough at all to beat him. She mostly just sat by herself in her room, barely coming out and just being annoyed at that colossal waste of time. Once more, she was thrown back into the realms of uncertainty. She hated herself for being so uncertain; she sounds like she's certain, and then suddenly it feels like she's just chasing a dream that won't come to fruition... maybe this was all a big mistake. Maybe...

Still somewhat depressed by the time Rosanne summoned her into the chamber, she felt slightly roused by her determined speech, but... only slightly. Mercia hoped that this next mission was going to actually mean something, because if another mission ended in failure... she'd honestly feel like screaming. She had a few words to say to Rosanne, just nothing but regret... but seeing Rosanne feeling a lot better just made her stay silent. Rosanne may have had more confidence... but Mercia wasn't going to feel any better until they saw some results.

Though she was still somewhat upset and it wasn't difficult to tell she was, she tried not to remain too silent.

C3uYG0g.png

"...While I get that he wants to protect the people... I personally feel like something's not right with him... he's supposed to be some kind of hero, right? But he didn't strike me as any more than just a bully on a power trip, with all of those insults and especially with the way he threw Gwyn's friend like that... I know that he's our enemy, but... he wasn't even doing anything to Lancelot but tugging on his armor... how can someone who claims to protect the people recklessly harm someone like that for no reason?"

Mercia's voice began to trail off, before she simply sighed, starting to speak more quietly.

9qEVPEI.png

"...never mind. Maybe I'm just... still upset about the mission."

She quieted down afterwards.

Candide felt quite similarly to his Dragonborn compatriot — well, less sadness, perhaps, but more than enough disappointment. He had heard a great many tales of Sir Lancelot’s valor and might, but also of his chivalry. Perhaps those latter tales had merely been twisted and exaggerated by their travel overseas. But alternatively...

rn4gRGF.png

No, he was certainly an unwelcome shock to me as well. But, if I may, I have perhaps a theory. Lancelot appeared to have sequestered himself on this town and clearly did not want to be found. When you combine that with his demeanor... perhaps it is the case that the death of Arthur drove Lancelot to abandon his chivalry and retire from the battlefield. He would still desire to avoid bloodshed, perhaps even more, but he would not feel constrained more than slightly by his broken vows of chivalry.

...but, to tell the truth, I am still far from impressed. To quit one’s order, one’s duty, because of pain, no matter how large...

Well, I can no longer swing a sword and require a cane in unfamiliar cities, and yet I am here. I would look down on him, I think, were I yet capable of looking at all.

Rossane_2.0.png

Rosanne listened, and deliberated their words in her head. She nodded in the end. "I've met all of the Round Table, and they were all deeply hurt by Arthur's death. We all loved him, he was the kind of man that filled anyone with hope. And his death has left us all with an empty void." Rosanne said. Moments later though she stumbled her words a bit to correct herself. "The knights I mean. I remember their faces, the loss hurt them a lot I'm sure. So we might consider Lancelot a changed man, one that might unfortunately not be an ally. But I pray he doesn't become an enemy, we'd all have to get a lot stronger to stand a chance at fighting him."

Rosanne stood from her chair, and her expression changed. "That was all I wanted to ask you. You have the next few days off, spend them as you'd like. When it comes time for action I'll call you once more. You've fought bravely on the battlefield, and that much is to be admired. But I expect you to continue with these results. The country needs you. But for now, dismissed!" 

Though Rosanne's words made Mercia know she wasn't going crazy when it came to thinking Lancelot was not quite the man he was, she still needed time to recuperate. And thus, when she was dismissed, she made a beeline straight to her room and decided to stay there for a little while, closing the door and even forgetting to lock it. She looked around the room... it was fancy, and felt like a bedroom straight out of a fairy tale book, living in a castle... though she wondered if she should have left behind the old bedroom she had before. It wasn't like she complained about it before... and should she really feel happy about being able to live in the lap of luxury? What would happen if Nicolos managed to win and she had to say goodbye to this bedroom?

She laid down on her bed, just trying not to think about such anxiety-inducing thoughts. She had this bedroom now, and if she was going to keep it, she'd have to fight. But at the same time... it was difficult to find the motivation at times. Thankfully she had a little break... and right now, she was going to keep a hold on that break.

C3uYG0g.png

"..."

She lay there, not really falling asleep. Just resting... hoping to start thinking about other things.

Blodeuyn_t.png

"Okay then if you need me I'll be in the mushroom room or the library and I'll see if I can figure out what kind of poison this is too." Blodeuyn said as she hopped down from her seat and headed to the door.  She paused and looked back at Rosanne "And don't worry about Lancelot. He's just a big dummy and so is his town." She said with a smile before waving at the others.

Making her way out of the castle proper into the grounds she made her way to a rather small wood and stone structure that in all honestly looked like no one other then Blodeuyn could walk around in with out having to either crouch or crawl.  Opening the door all that could be seen was a slight glow of something inside. Closing the door behind her she mumbled to herself as she grabbed a small lamp and rubbed a few time causing it to light up raveling the room in a dim light. The room was full of wooden planters full of various types of mushrooms and a small desk with stacks of books siting around it. "Oh! i forgot I left those here." Sh said as she moved over to the books and picked one up. "Good not damaged and pages are fine. I should move them outside before they get ruined though." She said as she started to pick up books and move them outside so they could air out.  

Gwyn ambled about the castle grounds for a bit. They weren't sure what to make of the whole Lancelot situation, though Rosanne's explanation made a certain amount of sense. Gwyn, despite not really knowing the man well, missed Arthur alongside the the actual Round Table, but she also couldn't imagine hurting people just because he was upset. Fortunately, a small curiosity offered itself as a distraction. Blodeuyn's little hut was a little like what a fairy house might look like, and Gwyn's small stature meant they had no issues fitting inside. He slipped in without making any noise - not particularly intentionally - which brought her right into Blodeuyn's path, nearly colliding with the mage. 

DYxTnhW.png

"Hi!"

Blodeuyn not really expecting anyone to be around (since most people avoid her little hut for some reason) jumped a bit when Gwyn appeared in the hut and spoke causing her to fall backwards on to her butt and drop the books she was carrying. 

Blodeuyn_t.png

"Oww." She said rubbing her behind as she looked up to what spooked her. "Oh hi Gwyn did you need something from me?" She asked as she started to re-gather her books.

HIU51YZ.png

"I just wanted to see what was in your little fairy hut. Though there's no fairies around." Gwyn dropped down for a moment, helping the mage gather her books up. "I don't think I've seen any of them lately, it's like they're hiding. But I'm sure they'll turn up! I have fun stuff to tell them."

Blodeuyn_t.png

"Fairy hut?..." Blodeuyn looked a bit perplexed "Oh! You mean my mushroom room. Sorry there's no fairies around we are a pretty far away from the fae lands and well most fae tend to stay away from anyway...for reasons you can probably guess." Blodeuyn said as she stood up with her books.

• 2 weeks later...

Blodeuyn_t.png

Blodeuyn blinked at Gwyn in disbelief for a moment confused how the fae couldn't tell. Setting her books down Blodeuyn spoke. "Because I'm cursed and most things like to avoid things that can kill them." She said expecting Gwyn to freak out or leave because of it 

Neve had spent a lot of the trip quiet as well - she had heard about Lancelot, both general hearsay and from a more direct source. And well, the real thing... the meeting hadn't gone as she expected. She listened quietly during the meeting, not sure what to say. 

A bit after that meeting, Neve ran across a certain blind knight singing a tune to himself.  Neve had been curious about him for some time - so, now was as good a time as any. She walked up and sat near him - after a few steps thinking to try and walk a bit loudly so as to avoid surprising him. 

mpREK4E.png

"You have some impressive poems, sir Candide. I can't say I can understand the language though." 

Blodeuyn_t.png

"Really? Once they figure out that I'm Cursed most people would rather avoid me...." She said sounding a bit sad "Did you want to come in a look around? I have a few Mushrooms from the Feywild that Master Merlin brought me." She said fidgeting a bit "I might have some tea too not sure though Big Sister Vivienne would usually bring me that stuff." 

HIU51YZ.png

"Umm. . . sure." Gwyn didn't want to be mean, but also wasn't particularly comfortable around Cursed. "I bet there are some cool bugs and stuff that live in there. And, um, tea is nice, though I usually drink it to find kinds that Gaheris would like."