Terra's Palossand

MuchoG

Terra's Palossand is a ground type, so why is that it does not say it's super effective when I hit it with water, ice or grass type moves? Even when I change the terrain I can't touch him, my Walrein's Blizzard doesn't even do half damage but almost KO'd Garchomp even with the sandstorm up, my Mamoswine's Ice Fang only does 25%, I taught my Blaziken Shadow Claw just to have another super effective move but it still does very little damage even in other fields.

I really would like to know whats happening, the games doesn't say the moves are super effective and the damage is not super effective, this is a little BS.

My team right now is Walrein, Mamoswine, Blaziken, Ampharos, Aggron and Alakazam. Alakazam takes out the Nidoking in one hit (of course he outspeeds me despite the fact Alakazam has a 120 base speed stat and Nidoking only 85), Walrein takes out the Excadrill in one hit, if I let the Quagsire stack up Amnesias I'm in trouble because my only grass type move is Grass Knot on Alakazam but he's still beatable, Walrein or Mamoswine take care of Hippowdon and for the Grachomp Walrein takes the bulk of the damage and Blaziken como for the revenge kill.

My problem is that stupid Palossand, I have a level 65 Honchkrow in the PC but I really don't want to go all the way back and feel I can win with the team I have now, I also want to know why my moves are doing nothing to him and why they are not super effective when they should be.

10 minutes ago, MuchoG said:

Terra's Palossand is a ground type, so why is that it does not say it's super effective when I hit it with water, ice or grass type moves? Even when I change the terrain I can't touch him, my Walrein's Blizzard doesn't even do half damage but almost KO'd Garchomp even with the sandstorm up, my Mamoswine's Ice Fang only does 25%, I taught my Blaziken Shadow Claw just to have another super effective move but it still does very little damage even in other fields.

I really would like to know whats happening, the games doesn't say the moves are super effective and the damage is not super effective, this is a little BS.

My team right now is Walrein, Mamoswine, Blaziken, Ampharos, Aggron and Alakazam. Alakazam takes out the Nidoking in one hit (of course he outspeeds me despite the fact Alakazam has a 120 base speed stat and Nidoking only 85), Walrein takes out the Excadrill in one hit, if I let the Quagsire stack up Amnesias I'm in trouble because my only grass type move is Grass Knot on Alakazam but he's still beatable, Walrein or Mamoswine take care of Hippowdon and for the Grachomp Walrein takes the bulk of the damage and Blaziken como for the revenge kill.

My problem is that stupid Palossand, I have a level 65 Honchkrow in the PC but I really don't want to go all the way back and feel I can win with the team I have now, I also want to know why my moves are doing nothing to him and why they are not super effective when they should be.

its holding a synthetic seed so it changes to ??? type and both of the defenses get a boost, you need to change the terrain before it swaps in

Yea, Roar is MVP in that fight.

Quagsire also has a Seed, so it's type is also ???. Similarly, it has no weaknesses.

but I really don't want to go all the way back

You don't have to go all the way back. Just walk out the room (or loose). When you enter the PC again, you appear right back in the battle room.

Update: For the 1000th time this playtrough, Bulk Up + Speed Boost Blaziken saved me, the Palossand could not touch me so I just setup with no problem and one shot the rest of his team. Thanks for you guys who gave advice!

• Like 1